/* */

PDA

View Full Version : rasmalai

Salahudeen
09-12-2011, 12:50 AM
I made rasmalai and it's very tasty except when I put the rasmalai balls into the boiling milk they didn't stay round and fell apart into clumps, anyone know why? I want round shape not clumps.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
09-12-2011, 12:57 AM
How do u make rashmalai again

joyous fairy
09-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Maybe try using more eggs? I know eggs are meant to be good for keeping things together.

Salahudeen
09-12-2011, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorseeker
How do u make rashmalai again
It's easy bro, was a 20 minute job, you buy the rasamali mix first from the shop, then you look on the back of the packet and read the instructions :)

All I did was boil some milk, add some suger, mix the rasmali mix with egg and oil, then made balls and threw the balls into the boiling milk but they fall apart :hmm: I used 1 whole egg in the mix, they were quite firm I don't get why they fell apart.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
09-12-2011, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Maybe try using more eggs? I know eggs are meant to be good for keeping things together.
The instructions said 75% of 1 egg, I used 1 whole egg and thought maybe that's why they fell apart. You think I should use more egg next time? 1 1/2 egg maybe,

joyous fairy
09-12-2011, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
The instructions said 75% of 1 egg, I used 1 whole egg and thought maybe that's why they fell apart. You think I should use more egg next time? 1 1/2 egg maybe,
Did you use a small, medium or large egg?

If you leave the balls out for too long it goes wrong and also if the milk isnt hot enough/boiling, then they go wrong too.

Salahudeen
09-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Did you use a small, medium or large egg?

If you leave the balls out for too long it goes wrong and also if the milk isnt hot enough/boiling, then they go wrong too.
It was a pretty small egg, well the milk kept rising, then I turned the gas down cos it was rising so much I became worried it was going to over flow out the pan, but it was bubbling which indicated it was boiling when I but the balls in. I think maybe more egg, but the balls were sticky as I was moulding the flower/mix with my hands, is that normal? are they meant to be sticky?

joyous fairy
09-12-2011, 01:20 AM
It was a pretty small egg, well the milk kept rising, then I turned the gas down cos it was rising so much I became worried it was going to over flow out the pan, but it was bubbling which indicated it was boiling when I but the balls in. I think maybe more egg, but the balls were sticky as I was moulding the flower/mix with my hands, is that normal? are they meant to be sticky?
Yes, it is meant to be sticky. Try using less oil and more egg next time, inshaAllah that will work.

Also, did you stir it while they were cooking? And did the shapes have lines in them or were they smooth? If so, that may have caused them to break up into clumps.

IslamicRevival
09-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Ready Made Rasmali is the best. :) I feel hungry now

Innocent Soul
09-12-2011, 01:33 AM
According to my knowledge if we put the rasmalai balls into the boiling milk they didn't stay round and fell apart into clumps. We should allow the boiled milk to cool down and then put the rasmalai balls.

I don't have much knowledge about it.

Salahudeen
09-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Yes, it is meant to be sticky. Try using less oil and more egg next time, inshaAllah that will work.

Also, did you stir it while they were cooking? And did the shapes have lines in them or were they smooth? If so, that may have caused them to break up into clumps.
We only used 5 tea spoons of oil sis, but will give it a try next time inshaAllah.

Endymion
09-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Try my recipie,Brother.

Dough.
Powder Milk.1 1/2 cup
Green Ilaichi powder.1/2 tsp
Pista Essence.1/2 tsp
Egg.1
Oil.2 tsp
Baking powder.1 tsp

Combine all the above and make a soft dough.Left it for 5 minutes,now make small balls.

Syrup.
Milk.1 1/2 litre.
Pista Essence.1 tsp
Pistacheo.15-20.chopped
Sugar.1 cup

Add all the above in milk and cook till boil,keep on boiling for 10 minutes.Now add balls in milk and cook for 12-15 minutes.Remove from fire,chill and serve.

Ghazalah
09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
What is Rasamalai? ^o) Before I opened the thread I thought it was a place. (Ramalah came to my head :embarrass )

alhamdulilaah
09-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I made rasmalai and it's very tasty except when I put the rasmalai balls into the boiling milk they didn't stay round and fell apart into clumps, anyone know why? I want round shape not clumps.
InshAllah, soon u will b able to make gr8 round Rasmalai...

U do not need packet one, u can easily make @ home, in just about 10-12 minutes, I can claim that.

What u will need is :

1) 1 mug of Milk powder , I checked and it will b around 8 or 9 oz.

This mug I used>>>>

2) 1 levelled teaspoon of baking powder.

3) 1 egg.

4) 1 levelled tablespoon of flour, not brown, nor corn flour, simple flour used in baking.

5) 1 tablespoon of oil.

Just these 5 things to Rasmalai balls, mix them well, if the dough is dry or u c cracks coming in balls, use little water or oil in ur palms while making balls. Make small or medium size, because they will become big soon, when they are in the boiling milk.

While u r making the balls, boil 1 litre milk, put some sugar according to ur taste, some green cardamoms, u can crush them also as with this there will be more cardamom flavour in milk, and some crushed pistachios, keep some for garnishing. Gently put the rasmalai balls, in the milk that has reached boiling, make sure the sugar has dissolved and mixed well with milk. Keep the rasmalai balls boiling in the milk in medium heat, so they hav absorbed milk sugar for about 10 minutes or more. Garnish the rasmalai with crushed pistachios. Keep in refrigerator and eat when it is cool.

Recipe of Rasmalai is so simple, u can make it even if r in a trip to desert, however u will need just these 7 things to make it, while cardamom and pistachios are to add flavour.

InshAllah, u will b able to make beautiful Rasmalai like this soon and impress everyone with ur Rasmalai >>>

Try it and let us know the results, and after that u will never use packet one, InshAllah.

alhamdulilaah
09-12-2011, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
What is Rasamalai? ^o) Before I opened the thread I thought it was a place. (Ramalah came to my head :embarrass )
Rasmalai is a sweet dessert, popular in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh, made with milk balls or more authentically (from freshly made cheese) cheese balls cooked in sugar syrup then placed in milk sugar syrup. Easy to make and easy to eat in about 10 to 20 minutes.Thats it.

ClaraJC
04-17-2019, 09:35 PM
Mine just full on dissolved I’m so confused and upset

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!