/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nate in Missouri

Nate
09-12-2011, 05:56 AM
I grew up in a very Christian house in Missouri, but never took it as my own. I always, have had problems with religion. I have read the bible many time and even the Quran when younger. But after hearing someone talk about Islam being the source of hate, I didn't agree because I studied the Quran when I was in the Army years ago, and it was a peaceful faith. But I figured I have not read the Quran lately and I decided to. I have always been very anti religion, I believe in a higher power but I dont get religions, but I do believe everyone should practice there faith as directed.

So I began reading the English version of the Quran, and now Im struggling with my own "anti religion" beliefs. I want to stop reading, because a part of me does not want religion, but another part want to hear what it says. This is the only religion that has ever gave me a warm, overwhelming feeling of understanding

My wife is S. Baptist, and this would not go well. So there's the idea of family. The Bible has always held wisdom for me but has never spoke to me like the Quran. Im lost, Im becoming my own hypocrite

The more I have been reading the more I am ready to take that step in my life. Thanks for listening to my rant, I have no Muslims here to talk to in my area.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
09-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Peace be Unto You / Salam Alaikkum

Welcome to the FORUM, and we are honor to read your story, thank you for sharing with us.

Please follow your heart, your FAITH lies at YOUR HEART.

This site would help you understand better inshallah http://www.islam-guide.com/

And there is no better advise from my side but read the Muslim converts story here pls: You would encounter people on your case similarly inshallah http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html

Finally, you are in my prayers, may Allah keep you away from Shaytan, love you and guide you to the right path forever Amen.

noorseeker
09-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Welcome dear brother

Im glad you are open minded enough to read the Quran,

You are not bein a hypocrite, you are just realising the truth

Feel free to ask any questions as they are very knowledgable people on here .

Salahudeen
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Friend, many have been where you are, they felt that same feeling when they read the Qur'an and realized it was a revelation from the creator of the universe and then became Muslim. Understandably your situation is hard because your family would not welcome your reversion, but don't let that prevent you from accepting the truth.

Islam is more than a religion friend, it's a way of life, it's your guide on how to live a life that is pleasing to your creator, and through living such a life you're able to draw near to him and feel the fulfilment and enrichment that arises from being close to your maker. And when you get there you may possibly cry at the fact you never found it sooner. :) Nice vid for you below.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum!

Just my 2 cents: having concern about being a hypocrite is a sign of faith.

May Allah SWT guide you to the straight path, the path that keep you safe in this world and hereafter. ameen.

Now, get active!
:)

Nate
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome

جوري
09-12-2011, 06:18 PM
:welcome: aboard

Amat Allah
09-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome my noble and respected brother to Islamic board as a new precious and dear member of our big loving family no matter what you are ,who you are and where you are...

please enjoy your stay here; since the time you registered here; you are no longer a stranger but you are here amongst your brothers and sisters and whenever you wana know anything just ask away with no hesitation , Allah Willing...

May Allah give ya the best of this life and the best of the Hereafter and May He The Exalted The Most Merciful lead your way to the path of the endless happiness always and May He AlMighty never prevent ya from its sweet test ever and the whole world too Ameeen

and btw, you are not a hypocrite; you are just new to everything but later in shaa Allah you will see everything clearly then decide and May Allah make it the best decision for ya always and forever Ameeeen

take care of your precious self in shaa Allah,
leaving ya under Allah`s sight,
remember, we are one family here O brother...

with all my respect, your sister:

Amat Allah.

Endymion
09-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Hello and Peace be with you,Respected Nate.

Follow your heart,hearts never lie neither they show you wrong directions if you are in search of truth.May You find peace and success in this world and in the here after.Amen.

And :welcome: to the humble forum.

Nate
09-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I posted on a couple other open boards and was attacked like crazy, but it has not swayed me. I even got a subscription to IslamBox, and have been watching programs on there.

My grandfather is Saudi, but I never met him as he was sent back before I was born, he was Muslim, but my family buried it. For years I have been trying to learn Arabic but with no one to talk to it has been hard. But prayer has not been hard to learn for when Im ready.

A little about myself, im a stay at home dad, I work from home doing Computer Repair, Webdesign, & Gunsmithing (also buy, sell & trade) basicaly anything I can do to make my own at home. I have to little girls (9mo & 5yo)

SFatima
09-12-2011, 07:41 PM
greetings nate :)

welcome to the boards, you will find quite a few Islamic resources here inshAllah (Godwilling) please do read around and ask for more whenever you have to.

Who Am I?
09-12-2011, 10:44 PM

You and I have walked a lot of the same path, brother.

I was raised in a Christian home. I went to Christian schools and churches because that was what my parents did, and that was what I was told to do. But I was never much for organized religion. I have always had issues with it. Even now I struggle with that.

I hated Islam. I hated Muslims. I believed that it was a religion of anger and hatred, and that all Muslims wanted me dead for no good reason. I started out reading the Qur'an and studying Islam because I wanted to use this knowledge to show the world the errors of Islam. I wanted to be able to refute Muslims using their own holy book.

The more I read the Qur'an, the more it made sense. The more I read about Islam, it made sense. I began to realize just how simple and how beautiful Islam really is. That simplicity is also the beauty of it.

Even as a Christian, I always prayed directly to God. I never prayed to Jesus or to Mary or any Saint. It was an easy transition for me to make in coming from Christianity to Islam.

I too hate hypocrisy, and that is why I quit going to Christian churches when I began to understand that Islam was the faith that I wanted to follow. It didn't seem right for me to be singing the praises of Jesus and praying in Jesus' name when I already felt in my heart that it was wrong.

Nate
09-13-2011, 01:22 AM
It funny as I have been reading & listening to the Quran on my computer, I just ran across a copy or the Quran a Muslim friend had given me, I think back to when I got it and I try to buy it from him so I could research Islam and tell people it was a peaceful faith. He told me he would not sell it to me but would give me it, because I had a open mind. I wish I was still in contact with him.

I thought I had sold this years ago, and I am believing in a act of Allah it came back when needed. this was my first Quran (text, translation & commentary) I got it over 6 years ago, I love that it came to me tonight as I have been hunting book stores

MustafaMc
09-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the forum. How did you come across your Quran? Which translation is it?

Nate
09-13-2011, 01:44 AM
I was digging in a box looking for some old computer parts. It was a junk box that I packed random things it even found a copy of Approaching the Quran - The Early Revelations

the Qur'an - text, translation & commentary by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

MustafaMc
09-13-2011, 01:58 AM
That is the same translation I read almost 30 years ago. After reading the parts about Jesus, Mary and other people I knew from the Bible as well as what it taught about God being One without father, mother, son or daughter, a light of understanding clicked on in me that enabled me to see Islam as the true religion. I hope that God guides you and that you choose Islam as well.

Zafran
09-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Salaam

welcome to IB hope you enjoy your stay here.

peace

Nate
09-13-2011, 05:52 AM
I have been reading through islam-guide.com and thats was great. Im at about 70% to say my Shahada, I must finish the Quran, and find some locals, I'd do it alone but would like support locally if I can, oh and talk to my wife:nervous:. Im confidant Allah is guiding me.

alhamdulilaah
09-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the forum Nate,

Hope u will like it here.

Read your story and its amazing, how Allah guides a person to His Path.

MashAllah thats great news, 70 % to say Shaadah, InshAllah, Hope you reach to 100%.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold
that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

Salahudeen
09-13-2011, 06:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nate
I have been reading through islam-guide.com and thats was great. Im at about 70% to say my Shahada, I must finish the Quran, and find some locals, I'd do it alone but would like support locally if I can, oh and talk to my wife:nervous:. Im confidant Allah is guiding me.
Your wife might panic and think you're going to become a bad person because in today's world people have automatically associated the term Muslim with "BAD" "EVIL" without even realizing, so just reassure her that you're not gonna change drastically and become someone else, you're still the man she loved and that won't ever change, the only difference is you believe in Muhammed and Jesus as messengers of God. And you accept them both in your heart.

Haya emaan
09-13-2011, 12:27 PM
welcome to the forum brother..

May Allah guide you to the right path..

Who Am I?
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I am not married, but I still talk to my parents weekly, and eventually I know that I am going to have to tell them about my conversion. I do fear that day, but I try not to think about it too much. I am trying to learn all that I can about Islam first and build my knowledge and confidence. Once I do that, then I can approach my family.

My first Qur'an was also an Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation. I got it from my masjid when I visited them last year.

Nate
09-15-2011, 04:36 AM
I visited the local Islamic Center here today, for the first time. I was there for 3 hours talking to the Office Manager, he helped me a lot. I watched prayer and had a very good experience. my wife got off work early and it gave me time to drive up, I called before hand and I asked if I could come over to talk to someone, it was 30 minutes to closing so I hoped to get in and get out in time, but he got that I was converting and not just visiting, he welcomed me, we talked for 3 hours.

MustafaMc
09-15-2011, 04:41 AM
I am glad that you had a favorable experience. Was there anything about the meeting that bothered you?

Nate
09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
yea wish I spoke more Arabic, thats it, he explained a lot of things so I better understood Muslim practices, reenforced a lot I already new but wasn't sure about.

MustafaMc
09-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Great! The Arabic thing is a small problem. I encourage you to find CDs with short surahs or software such as Juz30 to help you learn how to recite Quran properly for salah.

Who Am I?
09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I visited the local Islamic Center here today, for the first time. I was there for 3 hours talking to the Office Manager, he helped me a lot. I watched prayer and had a very good experience. my wife got off work early and it gave me time to drive up, I called before hand and I asked if I could come over to talk to someone, it was 30 minutes to closing so I hoped to get in and get out in time, but he got that I was converting and not just visiting, he welcomed me, we talked for 3 hours.

Similar to my own experience.

Don't worry too much about the Arabic thing. I don't speak much Arabic either except for the surahs I have memorized.

Nate
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
I have been trying to learn Arabic for years, I use Rosetta Stone, but never had anyone to talk to, the have a weekly class at the Center on Arabic to that will be nice

Ansariyah
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
yea wish I spoke more Arabic, thats it, he explained a lot of things so I better understood Muslim practices, reenforced a lot I already new but wasn't sure about.
Welcome Bro.

The country that has the largest Muslim population is not an Arab country, but Indonasia! Many Muslims don't speak arabic don't worry too much. As you proceed you will learn.

Welcome again.:)

Nate
09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Well I have finished the Quran and have done alot of learning and study online, I thank you all for your support and information here. I now testify that there is no true god but Allah, and that Muhammad is a Messenger of Allah. I have a lot to learn and a lot to do, but I accept Allah and his messenger.

Salahudeen
09-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Well I have finished the Quran and have done alot of learning and study online, I thank you all for your support and information here. I now testify that there is no true god but Allah, and that Muhammad is a Messenger of Allah. I have a lot to learn and a lot to do, but I accept Allah and his messenger.
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awes ome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::ace::ace: :ace::ace::ace::ace::ace::beard::beard::beard:

Welcome into Islam my brother. plz remember me in your prayers :)

جوري
09-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Allah Akbar Allah Akbar Allah Akbar :D Pls remember me in your du3a .. masha'Allah it does my heart good to learn of a sincere conversion in time of extreme strife..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-16-2011, 10:43 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum - Peace be unto you..

Subhaan'Allaah - Glory be to Allaah. That is indeed amazing!

Welcome to the forum! (apologies for late welcome)

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial towards yourself inshaa'Allaah - God willingly..

Congratulations brother, may Allaah keep you steadfast upon Islaam the complete way of life and all the ummah and grant happiness in this life and the here hereafter Aameen.

Please remember to keep us in your prayers also. Alhamdulilaah - All praise is due to Allaah..

MustafaMc
09-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I now testify that there is no true god but Allah, and that Muhammad is a Messenger of Allah. I have a lot to learn and a lot to do, but I accept Allah and his messenger.
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Welcome to Islam, my brother in faith.

alhamdulilaah
09-16-2011, 11:43 PM
It funny as I have been reading & listening to the Quran on my computer, I just ran across a copy or the Quran a Muslim friend had given me, I think back to when I got it and I try to buy it from him so I could research Islam and tell people it was a peaceful faith. He told me he would not sell it to me but would give me it, because I had a open mind. I wish I was still in contact with him.

I thought I had sold this years ago, and I am believing in a act of Allah it came back when needed. this was my first Quran (text, translation & commentary) I got it over 6 years ago, I love that it came to me tonight as I have been hunting book stores
Like a treasure, you found it when you needed it.

Welcome to Islam brother, May Allah keep you firm in His deen, ameen.

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

55. Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer).56. And whosoever takes Allah, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of Allah will be the victorious.

Surah Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread with Food) surah no. 5: ayaat 55-56

Ramadhan
09-17-2011, 02:35 AM
:sl: brother nate

alhamdulillah all praise is due to Allah SWT for His guidance.
your past sins have been erased and please make lots of du'a (supplications) and prayers because the du'as from a sinless person is accepted inshaAllah.
And now you can start your lifelong journey to learn AND live Islam as Allah intend us to do.
Keep in mind that our eeman (faith) goes up and down, strong and weak, oscillating all the time, so it is very important to be perseverance and may Allah give you guidance and strength. ameen,

IslamicRevival
09-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Nate You are amazing. Welcome to Islam brother

Who Am I?
09-17-2011, 03:43 AM

I remember when I said my shahada, this feeling of peace came over me, like my soul somehow that it was the right thing to do. I hope that you had that same feeling.

Two new brothers in one week. One at my masjid and then Nate.

Allahu akbar.

Nate
09-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Thanks all,
I just talked to my wife about it, she took it better that I expected, it only cost me a little blood LOL She went to bed and would not talk to me about it she said she didnt know what to say, but she loves me and asked if I looked into Buddhism or Hindu ;D I told her no I wasnt looking for Islam in the first place. I think she understood but didnt want to. There is also the fact of the people in my family that are religious are borderline fanatic, I explained Im taking baby steps and she needs to talk to me is there is a problem, but I dont want to be one of the crazy arabs in my family LOL My brother is JW and mother is christian (her own form)

But a big wait is lifted, as long as she doesnt kick me out :nervous: .......... ;D

Zafran
09-17-2011, 05:57 AM
salaam

congrats welcome to Islam

peace

Amat Allah
09-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I really wana say this loudly and till the Day of Judgemnet and after that too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSpZwCU9lw

Woodrow
09-17-2011, 10:15 AM

Welcome home to Islam Akhi. May your path be smooth and your days full of learning. It only takes a matter of seconds to become a Muslim, but a lifetime to be a Muslim.

Endymion
09-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Subhanallah allahu Akbar.

"(62:4) Such is Allah's favour: He bestows it on whomsoever He pleases. Allah is the Lord of abounding favour.

Alhamdulillah you have found the Light,lucky you Mashallah.

1.5 Billion + 1 Mashallah.

Muhammad SAW teach this Duaa for New Muslims.

May He SWT forgive you,love you,guide you,be with you always,bless you with health and wealth and increase you in Imaan and make this way easy for you.Ameeeeen.

Please keep me in your doaa,Respected Brother as you are like a new born child,free of sins and your doaa has more access in the skies than ours.

Salam.

Dunno why my posted pictures did not appear in this section :hmm:

alhamdulilaah
09-17-2011, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

Dunno why my posted pictures did not appear in this section :hmm:
Endymion , you will not be able to paste pictures or images here, I think because, you can see below "image code is off", in "Introduce yourself" section.

Who Am I?
09-17-2011, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Welcome home to Islam Akhi. May your path be smooth and your days full of learning. It only takes a matter of seconds to become a Muslim, but a lifetime to be a Muslim.

This x infinity.

This is the one thing I have had to learn for myself. It has been a hard lesson to learn, but it is one worth learning.

SFatima
09-18-2011, 08:01 PM
MashAllah SunhanAllah, what a wonderful piece of news : ) and it came quite sudden MAshAllah, Only Allah subhanao talla can guide the hearts, may the peace and blessings of Allah swt be upon you, your family and everyone around you, aameen. May all your obstacles become great learning opportunities and open new exciting avenues for you inshAllah.

Nate
09-18-2011, 08:03 PM
:D Thank You :D

Nate
09-21-2011, 04:01 AM
I just talked to my wife tonight and she has been talking to a friend at work and she is muslim, so my wife is coming around. She is just worried, people in my family get crazy when they find religion. I assured her Im taking it slow and easy.:D

Who Am I?
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I just talked to my wife tonight and she has been talking to a friend at work and she is muslim, so my wife is coming around. She is just worried, people in my family get crazy when they find religion. I assured her Im taking it slow and easy.:D
Now if only my own family will be as calm about my conversion...

Nate
09-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Took the family into KC to check out the Halal Mart and Islamic Store, I got into a chat with the guy running the Mart and he were talking guns (as I was openly carrying my Sig229) and then I mentioned I am a new revert and we got into a longer talk, he lives in Lees Summit just like me, YAH I finally met someone here in Lees Summit LOL

Mister Agenda
09-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum, Nate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!