/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best thing About Being a Muslim?

Riana17
09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Salam Alaikkum,

In your opinion, please share the best thing about being a Muslim.

Thank you in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Knowing why you're in this world and what your purpose is, knowing why you wake up every morning, knowing that you're never alone. Life without knowing these things is depressing.

Who Am I?
09-12-2011, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Knowing why you're in this world and what your purpose is, knowing why you wake up every morning, knowing that you're never alone. Life without knowing these things is depressing.
:sl:

This. So much this.

For years I sought to find what my purpose is, and who I am, and why I was put here. I haven't answered all of those questions (still trying to work out who I really am) but I feel like I am closer to finding the answers that I seek than at any other time in my life.

جوري
09-12-2011, 11:04 PM
prayers..
There's always God to talk to when the world has turned its back on you..
those days I don't pray I just can't wait to start..other religious activities don't fill the void..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
roohani.doctor
09-12-2011, 11:20 PM
The best thing about being a Muslim is the peace and contentment in your heart after praying or readin Quran. It is knowing that you can make a mistake, ask forgiveness with sincerity, and know that Allah is ALWAYS with you. I am so so SO thankful to be Muslim alhumdullillah.

Insaanah
09-13-2011, 05:44 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
There is no single best thing.

However, one of the many things, is knowing that you're following the original, true, and unadulterated message of God, unchanged and untampered with by man. 100% God's word. No versions. No editions. No human authors. Free from any human interferance. The message of God to all mankind, in it's final, unadulterated and pristine form.

Also, the fact that if you took Muslims from every part of the globe, who'd memorised the Qur'an by heart, they would all recite word for word exactly the same thing; from China to Morocco, Russia to Zanzibar, Australia to the US, they'd all recite exactly the same. That when Muslims all over the world pray, we all face the same direction.

That you're following a book that tells you what has always been expected from humans since the beginning of time; what God told His prophets to teach people since the creation of the first human. That message never changed. The essence of Islam is what always was, and has always been, the true and natural religion; the way of all the Prophets, the original message, the only message. The message was: to submit wholeheartedly to the will of God and to worship Him and Him alone, and to obey the prophet. Thus, Islam is not a new faith but is the same Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them all). We accept and believe in all of the Prophets of God, even the ones we haven't heard of and don't know about, without rejecting or discriminating against any of them. Since the time of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that message is available unchanged and unadulterated. He is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind.

It's a great feeling knowing you're following in the footsteps of the Prophets, and not following man-made teachings, and that the teachings are logical and make sense. If the message you're following is not God's word, then everything goes downhill from there, because you do not know if you're following the truth.

Abz2000
09-14-2011, 07:08 AM
If feel like a dignified human being when I practise Islam and reflect on my past deeds spent away from the guidance, I feel good to know that I have accepted the truth despite my shortcomings, and feel sincerity uplifts.
I have hope that I may be able to stand before my creator happy with my efforts despite my faults,
Despair is remoter even though conditions may sometimes be worse,
Peace of mind is higher despite the undignified treatment from the haters.
I feel I have found myself in search of the pleasure of my creator.
I have developed an ability to refer to God's guidance in my everyday affairs,
And who can give better guidance than the one who knows the back of the book?
I'll answer it - NOBODY!

SFatima
09-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Everything is the best.

It answers your confusions, fills in all the gaps of the puzzles that you come across in life, gives you absolute certainity and clarity of thought, helps make you a better person, helps you try to make a good difference, gives you value and self confidence, increases our knowledge of things that we have no other reliable source for, identifies the path of guidance from the path of evil, defines virtue, promotes it, and over all makes you look forward to an everlasting life, where there will be no limitations, no deficiencies , no weaknesses, no issues, and there will be meeting with the Creator , InshAllah Ameen :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-14-2011, 09:23 AM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

the best thing about being a Muslim.
Islaam..

ardianto
09-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Imagine if you are going to the destination, and you are sure you walk on the right way. That's what I feel as a Muslim.

joyous fairy
09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
I think one of the best things is the unity. The brotherhood and sisterhood makes me feel so warm inside. Knowing that you are part of such a diverse and wonderful group of people. Knowing that there are so many Muslims in the world. For example, sometimes when a Muslim passes you by and says 'Assalam Alaykum' it makes me feel much happier :D.

I also love the greeting 'Assalam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu'. Whenever I hear it, I feel happy.

Ummshareef
09-17-2011, 07:28 PM
:wa:

In short, being close to Allah subhana wa ta'alaa.

Endymion
09-17-2011, 07:51 PM
The best thing is that,The One who knows every thing even the secrets in your hearts,is with you.When ever you turn your face to Him,you find him more loving than before,More Merciful than before.I love this Ayah,when ever i read it,i feel strong.

"He is with you wherever you are.57:4

And the other thing is The speech of Allah.The Quran.I believe Quran is the most precious thing a believer have.Just open this book,read it and its the fastest source of communication with Allah SWT.The way Quran connect itself with you,the way Quran talk to you and answer your questions is just amazing.I can live with out anything but i cant live with out my Quran.And that special feeling that my name is written in the Quran for 15 times,i just love it.It always make me feel special.And when i think that there are thousands of girls with the same name and when they read the Quran and feel the same,it makes my love with Allah SWT more strong.Only He is The One who is near to every thing He created.To be with all of His Creations all the time is only the Attribute of Allah SWT.Subhanallah.Allahu Akbar.

Futuwwa
09-17-2011, 09:00 PM
That it leads to salvation.

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Salam Alaikkum,

Thank you in advance.
Walaykum salam sister.

What a beautiful question!!!

The best thing about being a Muslim.....

Since we're talking about the best... I guess I'll have to mention just one thing. And that to me is......

The opportunity to see Allah, The Most High.

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!!

Innocent Soul
09-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Subhanallah great replies :).

The best thing about being a Muslim is Prayer. Everyday we talk to Allah about the trails of life, thank him for happiness, ask to him to improve ourselves, Allah forgives us. Sometimes it feels really difficult to pray 5 times a day but if we try we can definitely concentrate. Read the translation of Qur'an Allah has showed us how to live and following them is not only helpful for us in hereafter but also this in world.

And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. (Quran 2:186)

format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
I think one of the best things is the unity.
O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.). [Al Qur'aan 49:11]

Pure Purple
09-18-2011, 10:26 AM
....If I will write about that It will be endless.......
Islam is best religion .........Every thing is best about being muslim

Abz2000
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
the passport to paradise

Ramadhan
09-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Can I answer this in a series of replies?

The best thing being a muslim is that I get to prostrate to the creator of everything many times every day.

Riana17
09-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Salam Alaikkum to All,

Subhanallah
amazing replies, thank you all for sharing your feelings as Muslims. I would copy them to my DAWAH inshallah (testimonial?)

Brother Ramadan,

Please post as much as you want.

May Allah (swt) reward you all.

Ali Mujahidin
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM

The best thing about being a Muslim, for me, is that I no longer have any doubts about what I am doing on this lonely planet and I no longer have any doubts about where I am going.

Flame of Hope
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM

There are so many good things about being Muslim. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen! One of them is leaving the darkness of ignorance and entering the world of light and knowledge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!