/* */

PDA

View Full Version : cool new avatar

جوري
09-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I have been reading alot about Khalid ibn ilwaleed..I am so in love with him(is it ok to say that :embarrass) anyhow..I happened upon this image in my search for khalid..

am hoping the mods or admin would add it to the 'ready made forum avatars' maybe someone would want to use it,it makes me smile..I like my own avy but wouldn't mind seeing this valiant warrior in someone else's lol...:D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SFatima
09-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I love such avatars too :D ukhti where you reading about him , i would like to know as well! :)

جوري
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
I love such avatars too :D ukhti where you reading about him , i would like to know as well! :)
Every where I could..I even read the wikipdia one and they wrote some questionable things about him I wonder if they'd gotten them from shia'a sources or what.. but I loved this part
I fought in so many battles seeking martyrdom that there is no place in my body but have a stabbing scar by a spear, a sword or a dagger, and yet here I am, dying on my bed like an old camel dies. May the eyes of the cowards never sleep.[115]
—Khalid ibn Walid
The wife of Khalid, upon feeling such a pain of her husband told Khalid: "You were given the title of 'Saif-ullah' meaning, 'The Sword of Allah' and, the sword of Allah is not meant to be broken and hence, it is not your destiny to be a 'martyr' but to die like a conqueror."

May the rashidun return of this generation..
ameen

battle after battle after battle..wish I'd been there fighting beside them

جوري
09-12-2011, 07:59 PM
This too I read over and over..military genius..incredible intelligence and innate understanding of psychological warfare and every terrain..

Khalid was the architect of most of the early Muslim military doctrines,[117] he was pioneer of almost every major tactic that Muslims used during Early Islamic conquest. One of Khalid's major achievements in this context was utilizing the individual skills of Arab Bedouin warriors to a larger scale. He is believed to have developed them into an almost regular unit called Mubarizun ("champions"), who would issue personal challenges to the enemy officers. These were highly trained and skilled swordsmen, whom Khalid utilized effectively to slay as many enemy officers as possible, giving a psychological blow to enemy morale. The Battle of Ajnadayn is perhaps the best example of this form of psychological warfare. Moreover his biggest achievement was the conversion of Arab tactical doctrine into a strategic system.[117] Until Khalid, the Arabs were basically raiders and skirmishers. Khalid turned those skirmishing tactics into something that could be used anywhere. Thus he would skirmish the enemy to death: he would bring his army in front of his enemies and wait until the whole battle degenerated into a skirmishing affair between small units. Then, after exhausting the enemy units, he would launch his cavalry at their flanks employing Hammer and Anvil tactics.[118]

from wiki

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SFatima
09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
subhanAllah fascinating!! I wish to be a part of that era too, nowadays its just an artificial intelligence, all things..

جوري
09-12-2011, 08:19 PM
subhanAllah fascinating!! I wish to be a part of that era too, nowadays its just an artificial intelligence, all things..
agree..except with the term 'intelligence' since when is carpet bombing any form of intelligence? ..
oh sorry to have wiped out this entire Yemeni village we were looking for 'al Qaeda' operatives..don't you want us to catch the Al Qaeda people? maybe you belong to them, let's haul you to gitmo..

welcome to the 'free & democratic' millennium....

in search of Khalid..:hmm:

got to admire the sap whose job is to spy on this forum..must be easy living..there he's spying now :lol: yes you 1 guest..we know who you are!

Ghazalah
09-12-2011, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
'The Sword of Allah'
That book by Lieutenant-General A.I. Akram 'Sword of Allah' is a must for anyone. Khalid ibn al-waleed was such a fascinating figure if only he was alive now, he truly is one of a kind.

'What an excellent slave of Allah: Khalid bin Al Waleed, one of the swords of Allah unleashed against the disbelievers!'
-Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)

'Women will no longer be able to give birth to the likes of Khalid bin Al Waleed.'
-Abu Bakr (RA)

جوري
09-12-2011, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
That book by Lieutenant-General A.I. Akram 'Sword of Allah' is a must for anyone. Khalid ibn al-waleed was such a fascinating figure if only he was alive now, he truly is one of a kind.

'What an excellent slave of Allah: Khalid bin Al Waleed, one of he swords of Allah unleashed against the believers!'
-Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)

'Women will no longer be able to give birth to the likes of Khalid bin Al Waleed.'
-Abu Bakr (RA)
I am familiar with that book but don't own it...I hope someone gives birth to another khalid ibn ilwaleed...We take for granted how Islam started with one individual and has grown to soon be the number one religion in the world...They'd love to demoralize us but when we followed Allah swt we were invincible .. It is actually the reason Umar ibn ilkhtab (RA) removed him from commander and chief position, not for any reason those other twits comes up with of jealousy or whatever.. Umar didn't want people to idolize khalid instead of God.. he said victory is from God alone..and I must admit just being given the title the 'sword of Allah' it makes sense that khalid's wife consolatory words were : "You were given the title of 'Saif-ullah' meaning, 'The Sword of Allah' and, the sword of Allah is not meant to be broken and hence, it is not your destiny to be a 'martyr' but to die like a conqueror."

:w:

Ghazalah
09-12-2011, 08:50 PM
I am familiar with that book but don't own it...
You need to read it, from beginning to end! Superb book.

Umar ibn ilkhtab (RA) removed him from commander and chief position, not for any reason those other twits comes up with of jealousy or whatever.. Umar didn't want people to idolize khalid instead of God.. he said victory is from God alone..
I didn't know of this incident till I read the autobiography of Umar (RA) it's quite interesting. Even people of that time thought it was because of Jealousy. You can just imagine the rivalry between those two had they been on the opposite sides, but together they conquered all.

جوري
09-12-2011, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
You need to read it, from beginning to end! Superb book.
then I shall get it insha'Allah.. I get strangely emotional with books ^o)

I didn't know of this incident till I read the autobiography of Umar (RA) it's quite interesting. Even people of that time thought it was because of Jealousy. You can just imagine the rivalry between those two had they been on the opposite sides, but together they conquered all.
I don't believe that true believers hold any animosity or grudges toward one another..I was shocked really to read of the two alleged incidents on wikipedia one involving layla and another involving an exorbitant fee he supposedly spent on a poem and was called to explain whether state money or his own funds were used..I think the shiites are quite creative and an odd bunch..

I think whatever judgments they made weren't borne of emotion but an intelligent thought..(and Allah swt knows best) I think if I had lived back then I'd have pursued khalid.. I always wanted a man whose passion for everything rivals mine and they don't come like that now a days

you know the way mu3aawya ended up with hind..I always felt them both very cunning..

IslamicRevival
09-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Khalid ibn waleed, Ya Allah. What i would give for him to be here right now, What a warrior, what a leader, what a soldier of Allah

alhamdulilaah
09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
then I shall get it insha'Allah.. I get strangely emotional with books ^o)
The book "Sword of Allah" is available here to download

>>>>> http://www.kalamullah.com/books.html (the second last one).

Salahudeen
09-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Umar removed him from the leadership of the army because the army became dependent upon Khalid to the point that they would think "If Khalid is with us then we will win" and if Khalid wasn't with them then they wouldn't be as confident, so Umar removed him to show them that victory comes from Allah.

SFatima
09-13-2011, 12:54 PM

agree..except with the term 'intelligence' since when is carpet bombing any form of intelligence? ..
oh sorry to have wiped out this entire Yemeni village we were looking for 'al Qaeda' operatives..don't you want us to catch the Al Qaeda people? maybe you belong to them, let's haul you to gitmo..
yeah exactly, even having it all makes them look so dumb heheh

got to admire the sap whose job is to spy on this forum..must be easy living..there he's spying now , yes you 1 guest..we know who you are!
ahaha :lol: , the other day I searched the forums and there were more than 300 guests who were watching the forums! and most were watching the topics about afghanistan, 911 and all, thank you so much guests, we hope you liked your stay here : )

I can so relate to what you said about warriors, I only wish....btw, you must learn karate or sword fighting, gotta tame all that fire cuz it burns you inside sometimes :D

Haya emaan
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
SUBHANALLAH! indeed khalid ibn e walid (R.A) was a great man and solider of Allah.. few years back i searched and read alot alot about him.. his entire life.. still m so fascinated by his life stories..

Endymion
09-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Every where I could..I even read the wikipdia one and they wrote some questionable things about him I wonder if they'd gotten them from shia'a sources or what.. but I loved this part
I fought in so many battles seeking martyrdom that there is no place in my body but have a stabbing scar by a spear, a sword or a dagger, and yet here I am, dying on my bed like an old camel dies. May the eyes of the cowards never sleep.[115]
—Khalid ibn Walid
The wife of Khalid, upon feeling such a pain of her husband told Khalid: "You were given the title of 'Saif-ullah' meaning, 'The Sword of Allah' and, the sword of Allah is not meant to be broken and hence, it is not your destiny to be a 'martyr' but to die like a conqueror."

Assalam Alekum Dear Sister.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful words about The sword of Allah SWT.He is one of my Heroes from the History.And His words on his death bed are authentic.He was very sad on not having the honour of a Martyr and i read that He RA said this to a Sahabi and That Sahabi RA replied to him and console him in such a words that are now a part of Golden Muslim History :)

Ansariyah
09-13-2011, 02:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of the new movie they made about Khalid Ibn walid? I remember when they use to advertise it on youtube be4 it came out couple of years ago. I was so eager to see it but didn't know where it was showing.

Thank you:)

جوري
09-13-2011, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Avatar added to the Miscellaneous category :ermm:
Baraka Allah feek..it is just so cool..although I was reading a hadith about the false flags (being black) even though I always believed black denoted times of war while white denoted times of peace..I think I want to take Islamic studies next..

yeah exactly, even having it all makes them look so dumb heheh
ahaha :lol: , the other day I searched the forums and there were more than 300 guests who were watching the forums! and most were watching the topics about afghanistan, 911 and all, thank you so much guests, we hope you liked your stay here : )

I can so relate to what you said about warriors, I only wish....btw, you must learn karate or sword fighting, gotta tame all that fire cuz it burns you inside sometimes :D
In the immortal words of khalid..'may the eyes of cowards never sleep' and I have taken fencing way back when..I'd love to take archery and swordsmanship .. but where?

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
SUBHANALLAH! indeed khalid ibn e walid (R.A) was a great man and solider of Allah.. few years back i searched and read alot alot about him.. his entire life.. still m so fascinated by his life stories..
The reason I didn't buy that book by that Pakistani general is because it was wrought with misinformation..I am not seasoned enough to know what took place and what didn't but much of it is laced with shiite lies..and the west does pounce on any division and augment it for their own needs..

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Assalam Alekum Dear Sister.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful words about The sword of Allah SWT.He is one of my Heroes from the History.And His words on his death bed are authentic.He was very sad on not having the honour of a Martyr and i read that He RA said this to a Sahabi and That Sahabi RA replied to him and console him in such a words that are now a part of Golden Muslim History :)
Some sources say it was his wife, some say it was his slave who said it..the fact is true though.. the sword of Allah is never broken..when can we retrieve that sword though?

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I was wondering if anyone knows of the new movie they made about Khalid Ibn walid? I remember when they use to advertise it on youtube be4 it came out couple of years ago. I was so eager to see it but didn't know where it was showing.

Thank you:)
There was a long Syrian soap opera my mom watched it.. the guy who played the part of khalid is christian .. I am not sure I agree that sahabaa should be portrayed though..I often imagined khalid as he was described..tall & muscular & handsome :D

جوري
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
how come I only see these under miscellaneous:

Avatar Category: Islamic Avatars (49 avatars) StyleIslam (31 avatars) Miscellaneous (35 avatars)

• Dark Forest

• Lightning

• Hope

• Dates

• Candy

• Pink Princess

• Giraffe

• Colran

• Long Road

• WaterFall

• Joy

• Banned

• Banned

• Alpha Beta

• Abdullahii

you should call the one I like Lady's choice :haha:

SFatima
09-14-2011, 12:04 PM

In the immortal words of khalid..'may the eyes of cowards never sleep' and I have taken fencing way back when..I'd love to take archery and swordsmanship ..
MashAllah thats so coool!

SFatima
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Thank God, its 300, I have waited for ages to push my post count up, i find it really unreasonable for the eligibility for sister's section that it has to be 300, and for brothers only 200 :p: this is discrimination! For sisters it should be 200 too..

oops sorry for off topic :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!