/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Babar Ahmad 100,000 Appeal

Insaanah
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
:sl:

Babar Ahmad is a British Citizen imprisoned for 2595 days without trial. 7 years in prison without a single charge being brought. Forgotten.

The goverment plans to extradite him to the USA. During his arrest he was abused and 73 injuries caused to him by the police.

His family are calling on everyone to sign an e-petition to put him on trial in the UK. If 100,000 signatures are obtained by 10th November 2011, then the issue will be eligible for parliamentary debate. I know many e-petitions go round in emails, but this one is actually legitimate and hosted on the goverment's own website.

Sign the petition here: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/885

As I write, there are 10,345 signatures, so approximately 90,000 more needed. Please sign and forward to all.

This is the a brief summary of his story:

Babar Ahmad is a 37 year old British Muslim and the longest detained-without-charge British detainee held as part of the global ‘war on terror’. In December 2003 Babar was arrested at his London home under anti-terror legislation. By the time he reached the police station Babar had sustained at least 73 forensically recorded injuries, including bleeding in his ears and urine. Six days later he was released without charge.

In August 2004 Babar was re-arrested in London and taken to prison pursuant to an extradition request from the US under the controversial, no-evidence-required, Extradition Act 2003. The US has alleged that in the 1990s Babar was a supporter of “terrorism”. Babar denies any involvement in terrorism. He has now been in prison for six years even though he has not been charged in the UK.
For more details of his case, see: http://www.freebabarahmad.com/

May we have the tawfeeq to do whatever we can to help our Muslim brother. And may Allah help him, vindicate him, and free him and his family from this ordeal, ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I tried to sign the petition but it is for UK citizens only.. then why are they extraditing him to the U.S?
British citizen or UK resident?

• yes
  • no

You must be a British citizen or normally live in the UK to create or sign e-petitions.

when will this biting oppression end?

Insaanah
09-13-2011, 07:58 PM
^ I didn't check for that, and wasn't expecting that. imsad

~Raindrop~
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
May we have the tawfeeq to do whatever we can to help our Muslim brother. And may Allah help him, free him from this ordeal, and make him victorious, ameen.
Ameen thumma Ameen.... it's easy to forget what our brothers and sisters are going through when we're faced with our own problems, even though ours seem insignificant when compared to theirs imsad

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I tried to sign the petition but it is for UK citizens only.. then why are they extraditing him to the U.S?
British citizen or UK resident?
That's gross unfairness <_<

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-13-2011, 08:02 PM
^ I didn't check for that, and wasn't expecting that. imsad
no wonder you have so few signatures .. how about making it an ummah concern..I don't think there are that many Muslims in the U.K to get to that number in that little period allotted..It is almost designed to fail this poor guy..

Sob7an Allah

جوري
09-13-2011, 08:04 PM
This is more common than we think.. they can just knock on any Muslim's door and charge him with whatever.. Does he have legal representation?

Eric H
09-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Insaanah;

I have signed, everyone deserves a fair trial as part of human rights.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

innocent
09-15-2011, 02:55 PM
If you have facebook you should post it there and ask others to post it on their facebook page as well.

Muslim Woman
09-21-2011, 01:22 AM

http://www.islam21c.com/images/stories/babar.jpg

The Free Babar Ahmad campaign are urging all UK supporters to sign this petition to the British government to place Babar on trial in the UK .

They need 100,000 signatures before 10 November 2011 for the issue to become eligible for parliamentary debate.

Babar Ahmad is a 37 year old British Muslim and the longest detained-without-charge British detainee held as part of the global ‘war on terror’.

In December 2003 Babar was arrested at his London home under anti-terror legislation. By the time he reached the police station Babar had sustained at least 73 forensically recorded injuries, including bleeding in his ears and urine.

Six days later he was released without charge.

In August 2004 Babar was re-arrested in London and taken to prison pursuant to an extradition request from the US under the controversial, no-evidence-required, Extradition Act 2003.

The US has alleged that in the 1990s Babar was a supporter of “terrorism”. Babar denies any involvement in terrorism. He has now been in prison for six years even though he has not been charged in the UK.

NEW : Petition to the Government calling for Babar to be put on trial in the UK.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/885

Seven Years in Captivity
by Babar Ahmed

Seven years ago this day
Walking to go home
Stopped by thieves on the way
With hearts hard like stone

They didn’t take a penny
But something worth much more

They robbed me of my liberty
And shut me behind a door

You are under arrest!

You have no right!
You are a terror suspect!

You won’t see daylight!
Taking me was not enough
They had to suck my blood

And cause pain to the ones I love
By rubbing my name in the mud

What crime had I done?

Whose right had I taken?
To be held up by a gun
And snatched for time forsaken?

Dragged to court before the world
Lawyers seethed and hissed
As their hatred was unfurled

Like I were a child rapist
You did that and you did this
You are an evil man
You will never get justice

Do whatever you can
Without a chance to say a word
Without a shred of evidence

Locked up like a caged bird

With no way to show innocence
Is this democracy
And the rule of law?

Or is it hypocrisy
And a type of war?

To smile and stab

To wink and kill
To nod and grab
To strike at will
Seven years on, no end in sight

Seven years of hope and fear
Seven years without a light

While the few who care are those who dare
But for my turn will I wait
Until I reach my goal

I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul ...

Babar Ahmad A9385AG

Detainee Unit, HMP Long Lartin

South Littleton
Evesham

Worcestershire
WR11 8TZ
August 2011

Visit Free Babar Ahmad for more information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: sourced from www.huggs.org.uk
Sources: www.islam21c.com
Islam21c
requests all the readers of this article, and others, to share it on your facebook, twitter, and other platforms to further spread our efforts.

Muslim Woman
09-21-2011, 01:49 AM

it's hard to post image now . Always it says invalid url :(

Trumble
09-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Signed. Worth doing folks, as it does actually look as if all serious issues are actually being picked up for debate.

جوري
09-22-2011, 07:39 PM

If injustice is committed against someone else it will be committed against you, it is just a matter of time, point of view & circumstance!

Insaanah
09-23-2011, 09:55 PM
The name Babar which is common amongst Muslim men from the Indian sub-continent, is after the 16th-century ruler of the Indian subcontinent and founder of the Mughal Empire called Babur (also spelled Baber or Babar), Arabic spelling بابر

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
focus on the issue at hand..
Agree. Perhaps these two threads can be merged: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...00-appeal.html

جوري
09-23-2011, 10:00 PM
The name Babar which is common amongst Muslim men from the Indian sub-continent, is after the 16th-century ruler of the Indian subcontinent and founder of the Mughal Empire called Babur (also spelled Baber or Babar), Arabic spelling بابر

Agree. Perhaps these two threads can be merged: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...00-appeal.html
I remember the first time I asked you about this name, shortly thereafter I came to learn of the Mughal ruler.. Jazaki Allah khyran, you teach me something new every day and humble me with your kind manners & gentle style.. if only that part would rub off on me :embarrass

:w:

nutty
10-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Assalamu - alaikum

Babar Ahmad is a British Citizen who has been detained in the UK for 7 years without trial fighting extradition to the USA under the controversial no-evidence-required Extradition Act 2003. In June 2011, the Houses of Parliament, Joint Committee on Human Rights urged the UK government to change the law so that Babar Ahmad’s perpetual threat of extradition is ended without further delay. Since all of the allegations against Babar Ahmad are said to have taken place in the UK, we call upon the British Government to put him on trial in the UK and support British Justice for British Citizens.

To this day none of the allegatins have been proven. If 100,000 signatures are made on this petition, UK will have to review the case. So please, sign yourselves and inform others

Insaanah
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM

JazaakiAllah khayr for the reminder.

There are these two threads too:

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...-trial-uk.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...00-appeal.html

The Islamic Awakening forum have a large banner on their forum pages to raise awareness and help him. Ummah have one too. I guess all we can do is keep bumping these threads.

Salahudeen
10-12-2011, 02:46 PM
How many signatures so far?

nutty
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
They've reached 23k insha-Allaah. If ppl continue to sign insha-Allaah we'l reach the target

Endymion
10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Assalam Alekum.

Does this signing petition thing help him?We signed so many petitions for Dr Aafia Siddiqui but nothing positive happened :hmm:

Ansariyah
10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I signed it..

nutty
10-12-2011, 08:46 PM
jazak-Allah sis

Salahudeen
10-12-2011, 11:36 PM
23k is that all? :hmm: It's been going around for ages this petition I'm surprised there's only 23k

Banu_Hashim
10-13-2011, 01:26 AM
If this petition reaches 100,000 signatures then Parliament will debate the issue of keeping him in the country rather than extraditing him to the US inshaAllah. It's the best thing we can do for him at the moment. And also du'aa,

Insaanah
10-13-2011, 01:17 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
How many signatures so far?
If you click the link in sister Nutty's post, on the right you can see the number of signatures so far (25020 as I type).

.iman.
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't live in the UK, so I can't sign it. :(

Endymion
10-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Me too :hmm: What the heck :raging:

Dagless
10-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Did you guys fill out your name and address?

Salahudeen
10-14-2011, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Did you guys fill out your name and address?
Yeah but I didn't feel comfortable writing my own :hmm: I'm paranoid person. I gave my name.

Dagless
10-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah but I didn't feel comfortable writing my own :hmm: I'm paranoid person. I gave my name.
Same here. It's like giving them a list of names and addresses of Muslims to watch out for :D Maybe I'm being paranoid now.

ابن آل مرة
10-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Bump.

Brothers and sisters, without your address the legitimacy of the petition will decrease. And I don't see a valid reason to be paranoid about giving your address. The government already has your info and not like they can find it whether you sign it or not. Also, if you are not from UK, then please DO NOT sign it., and just spread the cause.

It's truly sad to see this thread getting few number of replies, while useless threads have pages and pages. The least you can do is sign it or make dua if you are not from UK.

A brother visited Babar Ahmad today and brother Babar said thank you to everyone who is doing their bit and said you are all heroes.

ابن آل مرة
10-17-2011, 04:04 AM
Dear brothers and sisters, please make sure ya'll sign the petition if you haven't already.

The number of signatures is at 31,835. Please spread the cause and make dua for our brother Babar Ahmad.

m2p
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
OK theirs a few days left and the petition is Closing 10/11/2011 and he got approx 40000 votes so i took some time to email some UK masjids i sent emails to about ten if each viewer of this posts goes into google finds a UK masjid and emails them asking them to raise this issue at Jummah and lets say we aim to contact 100 masjids in the UK if 1000 from each vote to save Barbar ahmed it might just happen inshallah

Links : http://www.freebabarahmad.com/

m2p
10-28-2011, 03:19 PM
The Number has gone to approx 50000

marwen
10-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Can't sign, not uk citizen. sad&ampsaX&ampei9NWqTsOrLeSB4AShpKmODw&ampved0CAsQ8wc4SQ&ampusgAFQjCNG 9mKd KCLASXW5gp4cILkhn2 fw -
But I'll try to forward the petition as much as I can.

Endymion
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM

I thought features have been changed and i can sign the petition now but still it is for UK residents only which,im not.
But i inform all my friends in UK about the petition and they have signed it.Now i ask Allah SWT,the Almighty Lord who have the power of everything to make this test easy for brother Babar,release him and all cage prisoners and bless them with a happy,healthy life and make them His Almighty's slaves and free them from the slavery of humans.Amen.

Perseveranze
10-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Already done this, a bit shocked were still not at 100k despite having 2m Muslims in the UK. Will be a huge and embarassing failure towards this Ummah if we don't make it in time.

Inshallah, Allah(swt) makes it happen somehow.

$tranger
10-28-2011, 04:35 PM
For those 'worried' about giving their name/address... I think it's quiet pathetic :-\

Do you think that the government doesn't ALREADY know these details?
Can't they track your EVERY move and click via your computer? ^o)

Don't let this be your reason for not completing the petition because it will come back against you (either in this life or the next - and wee seek Allah's refuge from it!). Won't we be asked on the Day of Judgement what we done to help our Brother? when we HAD the opportunity to take some action (unlike others, where the most we are able to do is make Dua') and yet we still turn a blind eye!? Allahu Musta'aan.

And yet we complain how our governments are 'messed up' when us, 2.5 MILLION+ 'Muslims' in number can't get 100,000 signatures....

*sorry-just my 2 cents*

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-28-2011, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahm@d
For those 'worried' about giving their name/address... I think it's quiet pathetic :-\

I agree.

what about the 52,447 people who have signed it already! They also gave their details.

may Allaah make it easy upon the brother and unite the ummah Aameen.

Salahudeen
10-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Can't they track your EVERY move and click via your computer? ^o)

Don't let this be your reason for not completing the petition because it will come back against you (either in this life or the next - and wee seek Allah's refuge from it!). Won't we be asked on the Day of Judgement what we done to help our Brother? when we HAD the opportunity to take some action (unlike others, where the most we are able to do is make Dua') and yet we still turn a blind eye!? Allahu Musta'aan.

And yet we complain how our governments are 'messed up' when us, 2.5 MILLION+ 'Muslims' in number can't get 100,000 signatures....

*sorry-just my 2 cents*
Just to clarify, I never said I'm not signing it, I meant I gave another address and that's also what someone else said, no one on this thread said they're not signing it for that reason you mentioned.

MartyrX
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
It is only for British residents.

peace_maker
10-28-2011, 05:36 PM
I can't sign it either :(

$tranger
10-28-2011, 05:58 PM

http://youtu.be/XX9akVll9r0

Perseveranze
10-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Subhanallah, watch this -

sis muslimah
10-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Help increase the emaan of brothers & sisters in prison by writing a letter of support to them via muslimprisoners@hotmail.co.uk

Beardo
10-28-2011, 11:50 PM
I was asked to review this thread - I actually forwarded a banner to the marketing director so he can implement a banner on this forum immediately inshallah.

Innocent Soul
10-29-2011, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
I can't sign it either :(
I also can't sign it imsad.

Uthman
10-29-2011, 02:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
I was asked to review this thread - I actually forwarded a banner to the marketing director so he can implement a banner on this forum immediately inshallah.
Good work bro. :)

Any estimate on how long that might take? There is not long at all before the petition deadline so obviously time is of the essence here. We need a massive push to get as many signatures as we can possibly get.

Btw if anybody can't sign the petition due to not being a UK citizen, remember that this doesn't stop you from raising awareness. Share the petition on Facebook, twitter etc. Send an email to all your British contacts. Just do whatever you can!

Hamza Asadullah
10-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Anyone who not from the Uk who cannot sign the petition then your sincere duas for this brother and all of those in a similar position will suffice inshallah. Especially during these blessed days and nights of the ten days of Dhul Hijjah.

Pure Purple
10-29-2011, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Does this signing petition thing help him?We signed so many petitions for Dr Aafia Siddiqui but nothing positive happened
seriously after reading her story I was totally shaken.

peace_maker
10-29-2011, 07:28 AM
How many of you have actually put this up on your FB/Twitter/MySpace accounts and on your web sites? ^o)

Pure Purple
10-29-2011, 08:51 AM
How many of you have actually put this up on your FB/Twitter/MySpace accounts and on your web sites?
I did it on FB:statisfie

ardianto
10-29-2011, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
It is only for British residents.
yes, unfortunately, it's only for British residents.

Salahudeen
10-29-2011, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratulain

seriously after reading her story I was totally shaken.
me too, it's sad how the world just carries on and forgets, how people can just carry on living their normal life going about their day to day business while cases such as hers and Babar Ahmed exist, I guess people feel powerless to make a diff, the common thought is "what can I do, I have no power to help"

Uthman
10-29-2011, 01:15 PM
*BUMP* Please sign and encourage everyone you know to sign the petition!

Babar Ahmad is our brother and it is his right upon us. The Ummah is like one body, when part of it feels pain, the rest feel pain too. If you are Muslim, he is your brother in Islam and you must sign the petition.

If you are not a Muslim, he is your brother in humanity and you should also sign the petition.

User29123
10-29-2011, 02:37 PM
WOw how sad, I suggest people start protesting that's the only way government will listen, plus it will get a lot of media attention...

A-Believer-25
10-29-2011, 02:46 PM

I can't sign the petition because I don't live in the UK. It says I have to live in the UK in order to sign the petition. :(

Is there any other way I can help this brother?

~Raindrop~
10-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other day- someone said she didn't think it wouldn't make any difference so she wouldn't bother signing. Also, there was 'no point' making dua as it wouldn't be accepted 'because soo many people make dua and it doesn't make a difference. When did some of us turn so... cold? :(

Uthman
10-29-2011, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25

I can't sign the petition because I don't live in the UK. It says I have to live in the UK in order to sign the petition. :(

Is there any other way I can help this brother?
:wasalamex

Yes, there is brother. Firstly, if you have any friends, relatives or acquaintes who are UK citizens then please please contact them and tell them to sign and share the petition with others. Secondly, let none of us trivialise the power of Du'a, for it is more powerful than anything else we could possibly do to help the brother.

"And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." [Qur'an - 40:60]

Uthman
10-29-2011, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other day- someone said she didn't think it wouldn't make any difference so she wouldn't bother signing. Also, there was 'no point' making dua as it wouldn't be accepted 'because soo many people make dua and it doesn't make a difference. When did some of us turn so... cold? :(
SubhanAllah. Should have showed her the video sister.

User29123
10-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I want to sign in but I am not sure as it requires my home address I have a big problem with that and they may point me as their next terror suspect lol. If I put the wrong address in I doubt they will count it. so a problem there...

Innocent Soul
10-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I shared it everywhere. I could not sign the petition but I hope someone signed it because of me.

Nu'man b. Bashir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.
(Sahih Muslim: Book #032, Hadith #6258)

I got blocked for two days for misusing the feature of posting in groups on fb. Maybe I shared it a lot :/.

~Raindrop~
10-29-2011, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
I want to sign in but I am not sure as it requires my home address I have a big problem with that and they may point me as their next terror suspect lol. If I put the wrong address in I doubt they will count it. so a problem there...
It's just a petition to get the MPs to debate the issue... watch the vid Br Uthman posted. If they want to arrest someone, they will. Signing this petition won't make any difference. There are already 55,000 signatures. That's a lot of people to 'suspect'... all it's asking for is a fair trial in the UK.

Haya emaan
10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
cant sign
I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other day- someone said she didn't think it wouldn't make any difference so she wouldn't bother signing. Also, there was 'no point' making dua as it wouldn't be accepted 'because soo many people make dua and it doesn't make a difference. When did some of us turn so... cold?
so sad.. its not our action but intention which makes the difference not for others but for ourselves

A-Believer-25
10-29-2011, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
:wasalamex

Yes, there is brother. Firstly, if you have any friends, relatives or acquaintes who are UK citizens then please please contact them and tell them to sign and share the petition with others. Secondly, let none of us trivialise the power of Du'a, for it is more powerful than anything else we could possibly do to help the brother.

"And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." [Qur'an - 40:60]

I don't have any family in the UK, but I will try to spread this around, insha-Allah. I will also make du'a, insha-Allah.

Scimitar
10-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Voted on this around 2 weeks ago...

Come on people - make thos votes count.

Pure Purple
10-29-2011, 06:12 PM
:hmm:It is not helping..I have posted this on Fb.Can't sign it.

Pure Purple
10-29-2011, 06:15 PM
me too, it's sad how the world just carries on and forgets, how people can just carry on living their normal life going about their day to day business while cases such as hers and Babar Ahmed exist, I guess people feel powerless to make a diff, the common thought is "what can I do, I have no power to help"
After reading her story I was feeling
Why I read that If can't do anything for her.

Ansariyah
10-29-2011, 07:38 PM
I just want to remind everyone who isn't in the uk to try and sign the petition anyway. I signed it out of the country too and It went through.

جوري
10-30-2011, 03:45 AM
FORWARDED MESSAGE SUPPORTED BY TAYYIBUN INSTITUTE:
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah,
Dearest Brothers and Sisters,
Sometimes we receive messages about something and we don’t bother to read it to the end. This is one message that NEEDS to be read to the very end. It not only needs to be read, it needs YOU the reader to place yourself in the shoes of someone. It NEEDS you to ‘live’ his reality, to smell what he smells, to touch what he is able to touch, to see what he sees and to imagine his future in the way that he does.
Are you ready to completely switch off from what is surrounding you and give your complete attention and heart for JUST 3 MINUTES! For the sake of Allah please do, as it could seriously be a source of ajr (reward) for you and could make the difference to someone’s life.
Before you think, this message is asking for money – IT ISN’T! I simply want you to be this person for 3 minutes in your life…
You’re happily married, you have a wonderful close family mashaAllah. You have a good job and you love your Islam. Life is good Alhamdulillah and you are one of those few individuals who goes out of your way to help others purely to seek the pleasure of Allah. You sleep soundly, you have the choice to eat what tickles your fancy and you can choose whether you bask in the beautiful sunshine or you spend a day listening to a wonderful lecture. You are free – you can choose – life is sweet.
In a matter of seconds, your happy life is ripped away from you. Now your reality is very different: you have lost your spouse, you can no longer enjoy being with your family, your heart aches and longs to be close to your loved ones – but it is impossible. And so you only rely on your dreams at night to bring back what you yearn to be your reality: spending Eid together, walking through the park, praying with fellow Muslims, enjoying a bite to eat with friends.
This is the reality of one individual.
You know what’s really sad about this situation? This individual spent his life trying to help others. Those who knew him had such respect for him as he was one who tried to ease the pain and difficulty of others. The time has come where the Muslim Community can NOW help him to turn his dreams of freedom into a reality.
Yes, I’m talking about Babar Ahmad who has been imprisoned without trial for over 7 years and I want you to read til the end of this email as there is a message from him in the last few days which cut deep as I’m sure it will make you cry in both admiration for his strength and pain at his situation.
Thousands of emails have gone around about him, asking people to sign the petition. Sadly with only one month to go, there have only been 40,000 signatures. 60,000 more are needed.
It saddens me that with only few weeks to go, we the Muslim Community have not exerted enough effort to reach the number of signatures needed which will enable Babar Ahmed’s case to be discussed by parliament.
What faces Babar Ahmad should he be extradited to the US?
· He will face the rest of his natural life in a Supermax Prison
· He will be in solitary confinement for 22-23 hours per day
· Regular body searches
· Regular ‘extractions’ where fully kitted officers in riot gear ‘remove’ the prisoner by surprise and do a cell search which often results in serious physical damage to the prisoner
· One call per month to a family or friend
As one senior Supermax officer put it, “Do we have an obligation to take care of them? Yes. But do I have an obligation to provide him touching, feeling contact with another human being? I would say no. He has earned his way to and he’s earned just the opposite. He’s earned the need for me to keep him apart from other people.”
Babar Ahmad has not done anything to deserve being sent to such a place and you can be a part of the campaign to have him tried here in the United Kingdom.
I have faith in the Muslim Community as I have seen wonderful things happen in such a short space of time. We can do this and we owe it to our brother to support him in this cause.
So, what can we do:
· Sign the petition and don’t forget to activate the link that is sent to your email address.
· Get every member in your household and extended family to sign it.
· If everyone could try to get at least 10 others to sign than we could actually reach the target of 100,000 signatures by 10th NOVEMBER 2011.
· Spread the word, forward this email on.
We all have excuses, but I wonder what excuse we will give to Allah when He (Swt) asks what we did to help a brother on our very own doorstep. What excuse will you give for not taking 2 minutes out of your time to simply sign a government e-petition.
I try to imagine how Babar must be feeling right now, only few weeks left and only 40,000 signatures from his brothers and sisters. I would have lost much hope but this is what he said to one of his sisters recently:
‘Whatever you do, never give up, because the only thing worse than failure is the failure to try’. Babar Ahmad, October 2011
The question is not whether you should sign the petition, the question is what is stopping you from doing it and from getting others to do it??? Don’t be a Muslim who merely shows his Islam though speech. ACT TODAY.
Revisit the above steps as to how you can help and before Shaytaan makes you think about something else – SIGN, SPREAD THE WORD AND GET THOSE ADDITIONAL 10 PEOPLE TO SIGN TOO.
May Allah reward you for reading this far. You never know what something like this could do for an individual’s life and future. More importantly – what it could do for your akhirah when everyone will do anything to go back to the life of this world to do the best deed they could do…
Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullah
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And just a few things to clarify in case you’re thinking:
1) I am worried about giving my name and address to this*Addresses and email addresses are not published or accessible by any member of the public, 40,000 people have already signed this petition. Why would the Government spend time and resources chasing up on each of those 40,000 people in the middle of a recession when they have so many bigger issues to worry about-just because they signed a recognised and legitimate Government petition, acting within the law?
2) What difference would it make anyway? What's the point?
It took one woman to cause a revolution in Egypt, billions of tiny drops of water come together to form the ocean...there is always a point-even if it is just the fact that we can say to Allah (SWT) on the Day of Judgement "We saw a brother in need, we did this to try to help him."
3) We don't want to ask this "non-Muslim" or non-shariah government for anything, we should just make dua and not do this petition.*That would have been fair enough if this was an Islamic state. The bottom line is that there is no third option-Trial in UK or trial in the USA. No one has asked Babar what kind of trial he would like. Once you are arrested and locked up, you are bound by the laws of the authorities that locked you up in the first place-whether you like it or not.
4) I want to sign it but I have had so much on, I have been too busy to get to it.
This petition expires on 10th November 2011-then that opportunity to sign will be over.Imagine the feeling of sadness and regret if we miss out our target of 100,000 by just a small handful of signatures-that could have been if people didn't procrastinate. Or worse still, seeing the news that Babar Ahmad has been put on a plane to the US.

------------
Tayyibun.com
for the teachings of Qur'an and Sunnah

جوري
10-30-2011, 04:06 AM
AccessibilityHome
Search published e-petitions
Thank you.
Your signature has now been added to this e-petition.

Return to home page

Sweet ha? Al7mdlilah now that U.S people can do it there's no reason not to have more signatures pls. Insha'Allah Babar will be freed like the YouTube clip said Babar is your brother! So do this for him!!!

nutty
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Powerful!:

Three men were competing to see who was the most cruel. The first one attacked a man beating him till he was bleeding and couldn't stand. The second man saw him in this state and stamped on his hands and face over and over. He turned to the others and said, "No one can be worse than me." The third one said, "No, I'm the worst one because I just stood by and watched. This man is my brother."

The victim is Babar Ahmad.
The first man is the police.
The second is the Justice System
The third is the Muslims of Britain who did nothing.

SIGN THE PETITION www.letsgetjustice.com
We only have less than 2 weeks left. Do it today & tell others- this is important- think of his family!

Put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK - e-petitions
epetitions.direct.gov.uk
Babar Ahmad is a British Citizen who has been detained in the UK for 7 years without trial fighting extradition to the USA under the controversial no-evidence-required Extradition Act 2003. In June 2011, the Houses of Parliament, Joint Committee on Human Rights urged the UK government to change...

Salahudeen
10-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I signed it 6 times on behalf of my family, so every 1 else do the same if you can, I just put their details in and told them to click the link in their email.

sabr*
10-31-2011, 01:14 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

To sign a e-petition (http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/885) a person
is required to live partially or fulltime in the United Kingdom.

جوري
10-31-2011, 02:10 AM
Surely you can conceive bending the rules a little to save someones life? Neither the U.S nor UK are playing by any rules here when they hold people without trial and extradite them to Gitmo or God knows where because they feel like it.. Every signature they get is still of a human being standing against crimes against humanity! Furthermore the UK is an irrelevant little island I just don't think it has 100,000 Muslims frankly or at least that many practicing as evinced by the fact that we're two weeks away from closure and about 40,000 signatures behind!

My two cents

sabr*
10-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Surely you can conceive bending the rules a little
to save someones life? Neither the U.S nor UK are playing by any rules
here when they hold people without trial and extradite them to Gitmo or
God knows where because they feel like it.. Every signature they get is
still if a human being standing against crimes against humanity!
Furthermore the UK is an irrelevant little island I just don't think it
has 100,000 Muslims frankly or at least that many practicing as evinced
by the fact that we're two weeks away from closure and about 40,000 signatures
behind!

My two cents

Ukhti ßlµêßêll:

the Jahiliyyah جاهلية system is designed to favor those who established it.
They realize the odds are almost insurmountable. If the Western powers
want a person they will establish a way to get them.

How can the practicing Muslims support efforts for retaining a defense Attorney
for this brother?

Are people relying upon the system that is holding him captive to release him?

Continue with your two cents......

Hamza Asadullah
10-31-2011, 05:11 AM
AccessibilityHome
Search published e-petitions
Thank you.
Your signature has now been added to this e-petition.

Return to home page

Sweet ha? Al7mdlilah now that U.S people can do it there's no reason not to have more signatures pls. Insha'Allah Babar will be freed like the YouTube clip said Babar is your brother! So do this for him!!!
Good work sis. Spread the word so we can get all of the required signitures so we can have the brothers case debated in the house of lords. Disregard those who say otherwise.

peace_maker
10-31-2011, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I just want to remind everyone who isn't in the uk to try and sign the petition anyway. I signed it out of the country too and It went through.
How did you do it? It didn't work for us. ^o)

Snowflake
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM
I've signed the petition but a petition is nothing against the help of Allah subhana wa ta 'ala. We need to make efforts in our duaas. Do we remember Barbar Ahmed once we've walked away from the PC? Do we pray for him like we'd do if he was our blood brother? Nothing can withstand the Power and Might of Allah. So please, lets pray our hearts out for this brother and others like him and have more hope of His help instead of the kuffars so-called justice system.

Snowflake
10-31-2011, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Ukhti ßlµêßêll:

the Jahiliyyah جاهلية system is designed to favor those who established it.
They realize the odds are almost insurmountable. If the Western powers
want a person they will establish a way to get them.

How can the practicing Muslims support efforts for retaining a defense Attorney
for this brother?

Are people relying upon the system that is holding him captive to release him?

Continue with your two cents......
No akhi, we aren't relying on them. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah. The petition is a legal formality required to keep Barbar Ahmed in the UK. We rely on Allah's help alone. Iyyaka na'budu wa iyya ka nasta'een. We need Allah's help even if the petition is successful because no system is fair & just except Allah's.

m2p
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Number of signatures:65,279

جوري
10-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Number of signatures:66,046

al7mdlillah .. come on U.S people especially those of you who visited England and familiar with its towns and street addresses ..

Banu_Hashim
10-31-2011, 10:59 PM
People around the world can sign it can't they? They don't check whether you are a UK citizen or not, I don't think. Just under 70,000 signatures now. Alhamdulillah. Early on in this petition signing process i was a bit worried, but now inshaAllah I think we'll get there.

Banu_Hashim
10-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Number of signatures:66,046

al7mdlillah .. come on U.S people especially those of you who visited England and familiar with its towns and street addresses ..

Or indeed Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland! I'm just kidding... I know when you guys refer to 'England' you mean the whole thing :)

جوري
10-31-2011, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Or indeed Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland! I'm just kidding... I know when you guys refer to 'England' you mean the whole thing :)
don't make it sound so romantic you know it sucks and I prefer to spend my holidays where horses roam..

peace_maker
11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Number of signatures: 70,317. Alhamdulillah. :)

Snowflake
11-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Please ask your neighbours to sign the petition too, and pass the request on to their friends & relatives.

Banu_Hashim
11-01-2011, 06:19 PM
don't make it sound so romantic you know it sucks and I prefer to spend my holidays where horses roam..
It is romantic. I find the local kebab shop beautiful in the moonlight. But, in all seriousness there are some beautiful places in the UK such as the lake district; perhaps not with roaming horses but certainly with roaming deer and other creatures. And the Scottish highlands are very nice.

But I would definitely like to see roaming mustangs.

Almost 3/4 of the way there! mashallah... We had justice week at our university to get as many signatures as possible...

جوري
11-01-2011, 06:44 PM
It is romantic. I find the local kebab shop beautiful in the moonlight. But, in all seriousness there are some beautiful places in the UK such as the lake district; perhaps not with roaming horses but certainly with roaming deer and other creatures. And the Scottish highlands are very nice.

But I would definitely like to see roaming mustangs.

Almost 3/4 of the way there! mashallah... We had justice week at our university to get as many signatures as possible...
I know I was just jealous.. I was in England a while back and it was beautiful.. I like the climate .. I found some of the people very odd if not down right deranged but I am certain they found me equally so..:p
al7mdlillah.. may Allah swt grant this brother & all Muslims justice and unite us on one heart..

Insaanah
11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I wish this thread had 132 replies in it's first 7 hours, like the binary numbers thread imsad

جوري
11-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I wish this thread had 132 replies in it's first 7 hours, like the binary numbers thread
Don't worry sweet sis... have faith insha'Allah, Allah swt will exonerate our brother(s)

Number of signatures:75,789

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I wish this thread had 132 replies in it's first 7 hours, like the binary numbers thread imsad
Quality sis not quantity

one_two_three
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM

18,240 signatures left!

subhaanAllah, still more work to do. Spread the word any way you can, may Allah reward you all immensely. heres the link

>>letsgetjustice.com<<

Muhaba
11-02-2011, 11:33 AM
there are now 86,949 signatures and 7 days to go. about 13000 signatures to go. May Allah help the innocent and bring justice all over the world. ameen.

Muslim Woman
11-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Number of signatures:90,410

جوري
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Number of signatures:90,410
Allah Akbar..

Ali_008
11-02-2011, 05:17 PM
More than 91% done. :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

Alhamdulillah another 8437 required. Keep spreading the word Brothers & Sisters. This will be a victory of Muslim Brotherhood inshAllah.

Hamza Asadullah
11-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Mashallah that was quick. We will get there inshallah then Babars case will be debated in the house,of lords and he will get the justice he deserves. The brother has had a huge test over the last 7 years only to bring him closer to Allah and to see the reaction of the Muslims. This clearly shows we as Muslims do care and we are willing to go all out for a brother of ours.

We must try and gain the same justice for our sister Afiya Siddique who has gone through so much more by her oppressors. On top of that Guantanamo bay has still not shut down even after the pathetic puppet of a leader Obama claimed it will be. What is the difference between the leadership of Obama and Bush? There is no difference except a different face. Obama is even more cunning and laid back about giving the go ahead to numetous murderous campaigns across the world. He has sold his soul to the devil and destroyed any morality and integrity he had. Surely he will suffer with this guilt until his last breath.

جوري
11-02-2011, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
gain the same justice for our sister Afiya Siddiqu
Yup.. they do want to rid us of our scientists and we enable them. What is the Pakistani govt. doing for her? a country that discards its scientists, its women, its honor and religion in my book isn't any better than the oppressive regime that has framed and imprisoned her.. We should be outraged... There was a time when a whole army would rise for a woman who felt undignified by the acts of a kaffir.. and now we just hand them over on a platter..

If Babar is exonerated I might feel like there's some semblance of worldly justice to difficult trials.. but they ruined his life no matter what.. who will give him a job or marry him after all of this? sob7an Allah.. I can't take the oppressive biting injustice that we live under.. We must be really awful Muslims for this to be our daily reality.

m2p
11-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Number of signatures:94,738

come on People its the last lap make phone calls to mates , chain emails bombard anyone you can to sign inshallah he will be free and by the way this thread is a testimony to the Hadith “The believers, in their mutual mercy, love and compassion, are like a (single) body; if one part of it feels pain, the rest of the body will join it in staying awake and suffering fever.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari)

But Remember the struggle dosent end with Barba Ahmed but goes on so remember also the people of Palestine , Somalia , Iraq , Afghanistan and the list goes on with too many to name but May Allah Help them all Ameen

إحسان
11-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Me and my friends were telling people at my sixth form college about this and over 100 people gave us their details (including teachers) and my friend at the moment is in putting the collected information online at the moment.

I'm glad we helped! :statisfie

nature
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
alhamdulliah 95,298 & rising !!

Snowflake
11-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Ya Allah I'm so glad to hear that! Al hamdulillah.

Dua sis, loved your post as I was wondering if I could do that. Now I know I can and will insha Allah. Jazaki Allah khayr ukhti.

جوري
11-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I found this about him
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babar_Ahmad

He's very intelligent masha'Allah .. An engineer
Reminds me of al'awlaqi ..
They don't like free thinking Muslim intellectuals in the west do they?

~Raindrop~
11-02-2011, 09:42 PM
97,100 and rising.. subhanAllah!

Salahudeen
11-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Number of signatures:

Salahudeen
11-02-2011, 10:39 PM
It's rising so fast whats going on :hmm: 99,478

~Raindrop~
11-02-2011, 10:40 PM
It doesn't look right... :hmm: a couple hundred signatures every second? It's possible but.. :hmm:

Salahudeen
11-02-2011, 10:40 PM
It doesn't look right... :hmm: a couple hundred signatures every second? It's possible but.. :hmm:
I know :S maybe there's a big gathering somewhere for the purpose of collecting signatures like a charity dinner or something and they're all just signing it

Number of signatures:

Ghazalah
11-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Wasn't it because you can sign the petition even if you don't have email addresses, so people are like getting all their family members, elders etc to sign? I hope this goes through and something is done inshAllah.

~Raindrop~
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Wasn't it because you can sign the petition even if you don't have email addresses
But.. you need to confirm the link in your email for your signature to be counted!

Ghazalah
11-02-2011, 10:46 PM
That's why I thought. But when I got the text, they said by giving the address that'll be enough to verify that they're real and not just some made up person.

جوري
11-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I know :S maybe there's a big gathering somewhere for the purpose of collecting signatures like a charity dinner or something and they're all just signing it
There's little time left I think people have more guts now and we're so close khyer insha'Allah..

Insaanah
11-02-2011, 10:55 PM
100,307. I hope that's right, because as I refreshed the screen earlier, the number kept going up and down, then back up again, then down...

EDIT: Now it's 100,106. Something weird is going on

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-02-2011, 10:55 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Alhamdulilaahi rabbil alameen!!! We made it to 100,307 Sigs....

Allaahu Akbar!!!

may Allaah ease the difficult situations of our dear brother and our dear sister Aafia Siddique and also our dear brothers and sisters of the ummah who are in difficult situations and all the ummah and having the ummah unite as one, Aameen

Snowflake
11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Ameen! Allahu akbar!

Salahudeen
11-02-2011, 11:24 PM
100,307. I hope that's right, because as I refreshed the screen earlier, the number kept going up and down, then back up again, then down...

EDIT: Now it's 100,106. Something weird is going on
Definitely something weird is going on, I wonder if some people are trying to hack it and edit it or something :hmm:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Definitely something weird is going on, I wonder if some people are trying to hack it and edit it or something :hmm:
I certainly hope that isn't the case! If so, that is saddening indeed.

Salahudeen
11-02-2011, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм

I certainly hope that isn't the case! If so, that is saddening indeed.
It seems to be rising in increments of 100 every few mins :hmm:

Ali_008
11-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Why are we being so pessimistic about it? :( We've already reached the target

WE WIN
ALLAHU AKBAR

Scimitar
11-03-2011, 02:30 AM
still a pitiful figure considering that there's 2.5 million Muslims in the UK.

we still have a week to go. SPREAD THE WORD, we need an overwhelming response to have his trial over here in the UK.

I wouldn't be happy even if we reached 300,000... serioulsy.

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2011, 02:30 AM
I found this about him
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babar_Ahmad

He's very intelligent masha'Allah .. An engineer
Reminds me of al'awlaqi ..
They don't like free thinking Muslim intellectuals in the west do they?
He was a very intelligent man. He did very well at university and then went onto work in the IT department of one of the best Universities in the world - Imperial University in London. Hes also married with kids.

Scimitar
11-03-2011, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Why are we being so pessimistic about it? :( We've already reached the target

WE WIN
ALLAHU AKBAR
Hold your horses, the govt. has to agree to push for it, to decide if the votes actually count in the petition or not - is a bit presumptious of us.

The votes don't free him from prison, the just force the govt. of the UK to ask USA for his trial to be differed to the UK.

That's all.

Ali_008
11-03-2011, 02:34 AM
^^^^ A very good point indeed.

The west is even capable of saying, "we wanted only 100k, not even 1 more than that. You've already exceeded the limit. you choked our servers. Muslims have now also started online terrorism. Crashing servers. Let's invade Maldives now." :skeleton:

Scimitar
11-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Would they now (eyeroll) haha. Bro, I think if every masjid made the elaan during Friday prayers n the UK, we woulda probably bought our own hosting space and pushed that in the UK govts. face.

Try that. I wish.

The sad fact remains that even here in the UK, we have a very sectarian Islam, and masjid to masjid will all ask "Is Babar a brelwi? sufi? deobandi?" etc etc etc... shame on us. Truly, shame on us.

Luthfa123
11-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Alhamdulilah for reaching the target. May Allah reward everyone who signed. Ameen

جوري
11-03-2011, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
He was a very intelligent man. He did very well at university and then went onto work in the IT department of one of the best Universities in the world - Imperial University in London. Hes also married with kids.
Al7mdlilah .. Although I can just imagine how this must be torture on his family... Also I think he IS an intelligent man hopefully not in the past tense...

Snowflake
11-03-2011, 09:01 AM
The way Babar Ahmed has been locked up reminds me of when Prophet Yunus (as) was trapped in the whale's belly. Surely this is a great trial for our brother. May Allah make him of the repentant and seeking of Allah's help alone. May Allah forgive him and free him of the charges against him. Ameen

"And indeed Yunus is one of the Noble Messengers. When he left towards the laden ship, Then lots were drawn and he became of those who were pushed into the sea." [Surah Al-Saffat, verse 139-141]

And were he not one of those who glorified Allah, He would have remained in its belly till the Day when all will be raised." [Surah Al-Saffat, verse 142-144]

~Raindrop~
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15573941

Babar Ahmad parliamentary e-petition hits 100,000
By Dominic Casciani Home affairs correspondent

An e-petition supporting a terrorism suspect held for seven years without charge has topped 100,000 signatures, the level for a parliamentary debate.

Babar Ahmad is challenging extradition to the United States where he could be jailed for life.

His family is urging the Director of Public Prosecutions to try him in the UK where the alleged offences occurred.

Mr Ahmad is waiting for a final ruling on his case from the European Court of Human Rights.

The US alleges that Mr Ahmad was responsible for a global fund-raising campaign for extremists in Afghanistan and Chechnya through a website operated from south London but technically based in the US. He denies doing anything wrong.

Mr Ahmad was first arrested by the Metropolitan Police in 2003 but then released without charge. The force later paid him £60,000 compensation after admitting that he had been assaulted during arrest.

In 2004 he was arrested again to face extradition to the US and since then he has been held in maximum security prison units. Two British judges who have dealt with Mr Ahmad's case have raised concerns, with one describing his continuing detention as an "ordeal".

The e-petition to put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK topped 100,000 after a community campaign run by his family attracted the support of celebrities including boxer Amir Khan and comedian Mark Thomas. As of Thursday morning, the petition was the fourth most popular on the e-petition website.

The petition says: "In June 2011, the… Joint Committee on Human Rights urged the UK government to change the law so that Babar Ahmad's perpetual threat of extradition is ended without further delay.

"Since all of the allegations against Babar Ahmad are said to have taken place in the UK, we call upon the British Government to put him on trial in the UK and support British Justice for British Citizens."
Parliamentary debate

In a statement, Mr Ahmad's family said: "Our solicitors have prepared a fresh file of evidence to the Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC proving that the CPS should have prosecuted Babar in 2004.
Babar Ahmad being led into court Legal battle: UK courts approved extradition

"Over 100,000 members of the British public now ask the DPP to confirm that he will instruct independent counsel to conduct an urgent full re-review of this case so that Babar Ahmad can be put on trial in the UK.

"We also ask the coalition government to confirm that a full Parliamentary debate will be held about Babar's case with a view to putting him on trial in the UK."

"We are overwhelmed by the amount of support for Babar's case. This shows that the British public is still prepared to stand up against injustice."

Under the e-petition rules, if an issue tops 100,000 signatures before a deadline, it becomes eligible for a possible debate in the House of Commons. Last month saw the first such debate when MPs discussed releasing documents relating to the Hillsborough disaster.

Although the e-petition has reached the target, it is far from certain that MPs will pick up the issue. E-petition debates can only take during parlimentary time allocated for backbench motions - and most MPs have their own topics which they wish to have debated.

The rules also state: "If the subject of the e-petition is currently going through legal proceedings, it may be inappropriate for a debate to be held."

The current most popular e-petition, to withdraw benefits from anyone convicted of involvement in London's riots, has not been debated by MPs.

Insaanah
11-03-2011, 02:33 PM

^JazaakiAllah khayr for that news item.

Under the e-petition rules, if an issue tops 100,000 signatures before a deadline, it becomes eligible for a possible debate in the House of Commons. Last month saw the first such debate when MPs discussed releasing documents relating to the Hillsborough disaster.

Although the e-petition has reached the target, it is far from certain that MPs will pick up the issue. E-petition debates can only take during parlimentary time allocated for backbench motions - and most MPs have their own topics which they wish to have debated.

The rules also state: "If the subject of the e-petition is currently going through legal proceedings, it may be inappropriate for a debate to be held."

The current most popular e-petition, to withdraw benefits from anyone convicted of involvement in London's riots, has not been debated by MPs.
It's important to still keep the momentum going with the petition, right up til the closing date, and not to feel that we've already got there. Each extra signature shows how strongly people feel about this injustice, and also, my feeling is that someone in the goverment will scrutinize it and compare to the electoral register etc, and try to discount as many signatures as they can as being invalid for various reasons, so the more there are to begin with, even if some do get discounted, the greater the chance of there still being over 100,000 valid signatures by the end of it.

And there is still no guarantee it will be debated, and if it is, no guarantee of the outcome. It'd be good if people could write to their local MPs a short letter bringing their attention to Babar's plight. Perhaps that would increase the chances of it being debated.

And of course, make du'aa and more du'aa.. may Allah accept it, ameen, for He has Power over all things.

Ansariyah
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Alhamdulilah!

InshaAllah one step closer to freedom for our brother Barbar Ahmed. I'm so happy we reached 100 K, but we want our brother free! InshaALlah ya rab soon.

peace_maker
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Latest update: Number of signatures-112,180

$tranger
11-04-2011, 07:20 PM
please continue spreading the details!-some submissions will be rejected due to incorrect information

Salahudeen
11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
please continue spreading the details!-some submissions will be rejected due to incorrect information
How will they check it bro?

Scimitar
11-07-2011, 04:27 AM
They won't.

Scimi

peace_maker
11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Number of signatures: 120,704. Only 3 days left.

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Mashallah a great improvement in the last few weeks!
Number of signatures: 120,730
Closing: 10/11/2011

Snowflake
11-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Number of signatures:

It is related that Anas ibn Malik was heard to say that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Help your brother, whether he is inflicting wrong or is wronged." Al Bukhari Chapter 49. Book of Injustices

Insaanah
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM

We're in the final 12 hours now...

$tranger
11-10-2011, 01:26 PM

http://youtu.be/0ZQnzVrTjQA

Insaanah
11-10-2011, 10:55 PM

Just over an hour left now. It stands at 140,139. There's still time for a final push if anyone hasn't signed it yet.

Huzzy_786
11-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Final, Its over! 140,186 Mashallah this is a huge number.

Abz2000
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
can we arrange a large protest in london?
i don't mind printing leaflets at home or going to mosques to request a mention.
i'm sure we could take the initiative and arrange a date rather than wait and hop someone else will???????
btw - he isn't guilty of a crime so i believe we should all be demanding that he be released rather than put on a manipulated trial.

peace_maker
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
It's still rising, 140, 237. They haven't closed it yet? ^o)

Huzzy_786
11-11-2011, 03:46 PM
It's still rising, 140, 237. They haven't closed it yet? ^o)
I do hope its not a bug or something similar, or else they'll start the petition all over again -.-

Insaanah
11-11-2011, 07:10 PM

See this: http://freebabarahmad.com/the-story/...on-babar-ahmad

Main points:

In spite of the enormous public support for the matter, the Parliamentary Backbench Business Committee has now refused to list this issue for a full debate in the main chamber of the House of Commons where it could be voted on by Members of Parliament; instead the motion has been relegated to form part of a pre-existing discussion on extradition, led by Dominic Raab MP, in Westminster Hall on 24th November 2011.

Discussions in Westminster Hall are not subjected to a vote and rarely have any practical effect. Other e-petitions which secured 100,000 signatures (including Hillsborough and the EU) have been subjected to a full debate in the House of Commons with a vote rather than being sidelined as a Westminster Hall discussion. It is therefore only fair that the petition to put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK, which over 140,000 people have signed, also be fully debated and voted on.

Listing Babar’s case for discussion in Westminster Hall is a convenient way for Parliament to wash their hands of the matter by not subjecting the issue for a vote. The two reasons that have been given for refusing to have Babar’s petition debated in the main Chamber is that it lacks public support and that there is not enough time left in this year’s calendar for such a debate.

On 1 November 2011, Mr. Dominic Raab MP, requested a full Commons debate on extradition. His motion had cross-party support in addition to the backing of the respective chairs of the Joint Committee on Human Rights and the Home Affairs Select Committee. Mr. Raab referred to the fact that at that point, over 70,000 people had also signed the petition to put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK. The Committee rejected Mr. Raab’s request in favour of a request for a debate on cheaper fuel on the basis that over 100,000 people had signed an e-petition calling for it.

The same night, Babar’s petition secured over 100,000 votes and has since risen to over 140,000. The petition for cheaper fuel by way of comparison currently stands at 110,000. Nevertheless, that petition [cheaper fuel] will be debated in the main Chamber on 18 November.

The Westminster Hall debate was going ahead on the 24th with or without Babar’s petition and to simply tag it onto that discussion is an insult to the 140,000 plus people who signed this petition. On the same day that the Committee made this decision, it decided that an e-petition to reduce immigration which has secured 115,000 signatures (25,000 less than Babar’s petition) would be debated in the main Chamber in the New Year. If time is an issue, then surely the debate on Babar’s petition can also wait until the New Year.
UK citizens now need to write to/phone their MPs and the the Parliamentary Backbench Business Committee, full instructions and template letters in the link above.

Ali_008
11-12-2011, 01:55 AM
I pray Eesa (AlayhiSalaam) arrives soon and kills each and everyone of these unjust *******s.

Muslim Woman
11-12-2011, 01:31 PM

As Long As YOU Are Not Angry With me, Then I Do Not Care ::.. [Written by a British political prisoner, brother Babar Ahmad]

As long as YOU are not angry with me then I do not care...

For me is the model of Musab bin Umayr
The best dressed man in the city
But that was for him a state of pity
Until there came to him the Message
All did he leave of his privilege
For the sake of Allah and His Beloved

For I think of Bilal when his chest was bare
On the burning sand did they make him lie
Until he thought he was going to die
They crushed him with rocks in the blazing sun
And begged him to reject the Almighty One
But never did he give in to the wicked

I remember Khabbaab when they pulled his hair
In the blacksmiths of his evil mistress
With burning rods did she cause him distress
She twisted his neck and burnt his skin
Until his fat dripped into a tin
But he remained firm to his belief as long as he lived

For I picture Khubaib when he was there
Tied and bound to an immovable tree
With no chance of him being free
Their spears and arrows did they fling
Yet grapes to him did his Lord bring
Until his noble soul was lifted

I think of Yasir, Sumaiyah and their heir
Even when placed on sizzling ember
None but their Lord did they remember
Patience you all when paying this price
Indeed your abode is Paradise

"O LORD! Forgive my people for they do not know,"
And even thought I am feeling so low...

As long as YOU are not angry with me, then I do not care....

To know more about the writer (brother Babar Ahmad), please read here, and do action to free him !!!

••►https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9674495&type=3

Huzzy_786
11-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Heard touching..What was the original language of this poem?

Salahudeen
11-12-2011, 03:13 PM
I emailed one of the Parliamentary Backbench Business Committee and he replied with this :hmm:

Thank you for your email.

As you state, Parliamentary time is limited and this debate gives any MP the opportunity to raise this case if they so wish and for the Minister to respond and so I would have thought you would be thanking us for agreeing to this debate not criticising us.

Best wishes

جوري
11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
thought you would be thanking us for agreeing to this debate not criticising us.
What the? I'd write back with I put you in office & I'll see to it as we've raised 140K signatures that we take you out of it.. It is a sad state of being to relegate our affairs to these kaffirs.. Inna lillah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon, we'll just hand another one of our own to the wolves for slaughter.. Where's the army of ibn ilwaleed? This is appalling!

Muslim Woman
11-13-2011, 01:43 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786

not sure . Got the peom in a mail .

Snowflake
11-13-2011, 10:16 PM

I'm as much aggrieved as anyone by the situation of Babar Ahmed and others like him. We have been exerting our efforts to meet the petition demand and al hamdulillah we more than succeeded. But I cannot agree to pandering to the kuffar's whims and desires anymore and begging them for justice. We have to remember that everything happens with the will of Allah, and if Allah had willed then the petition would have sufficed.

We don't know why Allah put Babar Ahmed to this test. But we can pray for him and refuse to beg the kuffar for justice. We aren't weak and pathetic and I dislike them thinking we are. Muslims do not beg anyone except Allah. It's time to stop begging and start praying. Apart from physically freeing Babar Ahmed from jail, that is the best thing we can do for him. And ourselves.

Insaanah
11-23-2011, 10:32 AM
PRESS RELEASE : One Hundred Leading Lawyers Call for Parliament to Debate Babar Ahmad E-Petition

21 November 2011

One hundred leading barristers and solicitors have signed an open letter to the Leader of the House of Commons, Sir George Young, requesting a full parliamentary debate on the issue of putting Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK.

The lawyers, who include Michael Mansfield QC (Tooks Chambers), James Wood QC (Doughty Street Chambers), Kirsty Brimelow QC (Doughty Street Chambers) and Karen Todner, solicitor for Gary McKinnon, stated:

“It is concerning when Parliament dismisses the concerns of over 140,000 people who have called for this debate. Far from being "an important way of empowering people", such a conclusion will only further alienate a public whose goodwill is being taken for granted. The petition to put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK must be debated in the main Chamber of the Commons, whether the government like it or not. It is not just the liberty of Babar Ahmad at stake but the sovereignty of our criminal justice system.”

Ashfaq Ahmad, father of Babar Ahmad, today reiterated his call for his son to be tried in the UK.

“Now that 100 of the UK’s most brilliant legal minds have added their voices to the call for the Government to respect the wishes of almost 141,000 people, I believe that there is no other option but to allow MPs to properly debate and vote on putting Babar on trial in the UK. The people have spoken, the lawyers have spoken; now let the MPs speak.”
http://www.freebabarahmad.com/press-...mad-e-petition

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
English. He's a born and bred Brit, except that the British "justice" system is letting him down.

~Raindrop~
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Debate in Westminster Hall starts at 2.30. (about 35 mins left)

Watch it live here:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...meetingId=9420

May Allah swt accept our prayers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15866541

Salahudeen
11-24-2011, 06:33 PM
^I missed the debate, any joy?

Insaanah
11-25-2011, 03:23 PM

24-Nov-2011: PRESS RELEASE: Caroline Lucas MP calls for Public Inquiry into CPS handling of Babar Ahmad case

The Free Babar Ahmad (FBA) Campaign supports Dr Caroline Lucas MP’s call for a full public inquiry into the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) after learning that it has admitted for the first time that it was never shown the evidence in relation to Babar Ahmad upon which it could have made a decision to prosecute him here.

Dr Lucas made her comments in a Westminster Hall debate on extradition and putting Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK. She made the claim based on a letter dated 22nd November in which the CPS states that the police did not send them the evidence on which Babar Ahmad is being prosecuted in the US, for it to make a decision. Instead the police, having searched Babar Ahmad’s house in December 2003 and detained him under the Terrorism Act for six days, sent the evidence to the US.

It appears that no review has ever taken place in this country of the evidence that was sent to the US, even though it was all seized by the Metropolitan Police in London for the then claimed purpose of investigating offences in the UK.

The Free Babar Ahmad Campaign welcomed Jane Ellison MP’s comments during the debate that the Backbench Business Committee was “more than happy to hear further representations in the future from other backbenchers for time in the Chamber to return to the subject”.

The father of Babar Ahmad, Ashfaq Ahmad stated:

“It is quite shocking to learn that the CPS made no effort to examine the evidence seized from Babar’s home but instead simply outsourced our criminal justice system to the US. Had it examined the evidence, then it could quite easily have prosecuted Babar in the UK."

"We support Dr Lucas’ call for a public enquiry into the behaviour of the CPS and reiterate our call for a full review by the Director of Public Prosecutions of all the evidence in this case with a view to putting Babar on trial in the UK."

"We welcome the consensus of the 35 MPs who attended the debate for the matter to be listed for a full debate in the main Chamber of the House of Commons.”
http://www.freebabarahmad.com/press-...bar-ahmad-case

Ali_008
11-25-2011, 05:16 PM
^^^ That is good news alhamdulillah. Lets keep praying that he is put to a fair trial and released soon inshAllah. :)

جوري
11-25-2011, 07:28 PM
ameen ya rabb... may kol asra almoslmeen almostad3feen fi al'ard fi mashariqha and maghribha be granted justice and vindication. May Allah swt give us ummat moemina wa osli7 min sha'anina ajm3een ..
I'd like for the pakistani Govt. to demand that the Pakistani neuro-scientist who was imprisoned falsely by this kaffir country be released at once as well.. They complain about ignorance but let them kill or imprison our scientists... sob7an Allah.. what a time this is for Muslims that the pigs and donkeys of the world get to immure & torture us simply because they felt like it!

Insaanah
11-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Open letter from Babar's father, Ashfaq Ahmad:

26 November 2011

Dear Supporters

Thursday 24 November 2011 will forever be remembered as the day when the people of Britain demonstrated that, when united together irrespective of race, religion or political background, they could bring about real political change. That day, I sat in Westminster Hall watching 35 MPs, one after another rise to speak out against the injustice of our extradition laws and specifically calling for justice for my son Babar Ahmad, now in his eighth year of detention without trial.

The primary reason behind such a powerful presence was because of the tireless efforts you all have put in over the last three months. I was abroad whilst the petition campaign was underway but was monitoring it closely via Facebook and YouTube. As the number of signatures began to rise day after day, hour after hour, I sat at my computer screen all night praying that we would cross the 100,000 target. It was like watching a thrilling one-day international cricket match.

When I found out that our petition, having obtained over 140,000 signatures, was to be debated in Westminster Hall, I was shocked. This was after all the same debating chamber that Natascha Engel, the Chair of the Backbench Business Committee, complained to the BBC about in June this year highlighting that the debates were not very well attended, it was a second rate debating chamber with no vote taken at the end.

I am sure that I am not the only one who was greatly disappointed by this decision. This was not the first setback we have faced over the last eight years but definitely one of the most painful as it seemed the government was going back on its promise. It seemed that all our hard work had gone to waste. I am sure all of you felt the same. I then recalled the words of Hannibal when trying to cross the Alps: “We will either find a way or make a way”.

I told my children that we had to stand up and demand that the government honour their promise. We had to make our way. As news filtered out about the decision of the Backbench Business Committee, a few were ready to give up, and I do not blame them, but most it seemed were ready to fight. In recent weeks, you have bombarded your own MPs and the Backbench Business Committee with emails and telephone calls demanding this issue to be raised at the highest level, the Commons debating chamber. It is no understatement to say that you have shaken Westminster.

Finally at the debate on Thursday, Ms Jane Ellison MP, said that the Backbench Business Committee noted the enormous interest in Babar’s case and was more than happy to take further representations for time in the main Commons debating chamber, which all MPs present agreed with. Watching this happen before my eyes, I could not believe it. We are making our way and nothing is going to stop us, God willing.

I never thought that at the age of 77, I would have spent the last eight years fighting for justice for my son, but I have never felt more strongly, more passionately and have never been more optimistic that we are on the verge of making history, and bringing a fair resolution to this issue. So I thank all 140,969 of you that signed the petition, and all those who wanted to but didn’t get the opportunity, for your breathtaking efforts in fighting this injustice. The road so far has been a difficult one and I am sure there will be numerous challenges ahead, but let us reaffirm our resolve, recommit to this call for justice and let us be uncompromising in our appal to our government to recognise its responsibilities to its own citizens. I invite you to continue with me on this journey of seeking justice for my son Babar Ahmad.

I leave you with the words of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali: “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.”

Yours

Ashfaq Ahmad
http://freebabarahmad.com/the-story/...-to-supporters

Highlights of the debate here: http://freebabarahmad.com/the-story/...ebate-24/11/11
Full transcript (text) of the debate here: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/...1-11-24a.147.0
Video here: http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...meetingId=9420

ابن آل مرة
12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Free Babar Ahmad Campaign Welcomes Full Parliamentary Debate on Extradition

With over 141,000 people having signed an online petition and following extensive discussion within the Backbench Business Committee, the Free Babar Ahmad (FBA) Campaign is pleased to announce the scheduling of a full votable parliamentary debate on extradition on Monday 5th December.

The debate has been scheduled following enormous criticism of the Backbench Business Committee’s earlier decision to schedule the debate in Westminster Chamber where not all MPs were permitted to participate and where there was no vote.

Ashfaq Ahmad, father of Babar Ahmad said,

“It has been a long and hard fought battle. The opportunity to get the issue of extradition debated in parliament is an important milestone, both for my son and a number of other individuals affected by this unfair piece of legislation.”

“While the final text of the motion fails to mention Babar Ahmad explicitly, it is clear through discussion with various MPs that it is as a direct result of my son’s plight and the subsequent overwhelming public support for the call to try my son in the UK, that this issue is being brought before parliament.”

“It is essential that any reforms to the extradition laws that are voted for apply to pending cases such as Babar’s as it would be absolutely immoral to extradite British citizens under a Treaty that has been found by Parliament to be unfair.”

The full text of the motion is as follows:

“That this House calls upon the Government to reform the UK’s extradition arrangements as a matter of urgency to strengthen the protection of British citizens: by introducing a Bill in Parliament to enact the safeguards recommended by the Joint Committee on Human Rights in its Fifteenth Report of 2010-12, and by pursuing such amendments to the UK-US Extradition Treaty 2003 and the EU Council Framework Decision 2002 on the European Arrest Warrant as are necessary in order to give effect to such recommendations.”

Insaanah
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM

^ That's good news. Jazaakallah khayr for sharing it with us. Let's make du3a Allah vindicates him from this terrible ordeal.

Uthman
12-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Liberating Babar Ahmad from Tyranny on the Day of Ashura

Snowflake
12-05-2011, 12:00 AM
La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah!

Salahudeen
12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
What time is the debate???

Uthman
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
What time is the debate???
From 3:30pm inshaAllah.

Uthman
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
It's on now btw.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM
^As'Salaam Alaaykum

Akhi, do you have a link inshaa'Allaah?

Edit : I believe i've found it, alhamdulilaah.

--->>> http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...meetingId=9522 <<<---

Salahudeen
12-07-2011, 01:07 AM
I couldn't watch it, what's the latest?

Insaanah
12-07-2011, 03:21 PM

A Message From the Free Babar Ahmad Campaign To Supporters

Dear Supporters

Last night, the debate we had been calling for since August was held in the main chamber of the House of Commons. There was such overwhelming and almost unanimous support for the motion that it passed without a vote, with powerful speeches about Babar's case from senior members from all political parties. A full transcript of the debate can be found here and a video recording is available here (from 19:00:00).

In essence, this means that Parliament has now passed a motion calling upon the Government to reform the extradition laws as a matter of urgency to offer greater protection to British citizens by implementing the recommendations of the Joint Committee of Human Rights.

The debate was a success but only a small step towards liberating Babar and others from the oppressiveness of these extradition laws.

The decision is not binding on the Government but adds extra pressure to them to change the law urgently. The Home Affairs Select Committee on extradition, to whom Babar's father gave evidence earlier this year, is due to publish its conclusions in February 2012. Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has also ordered a second review of the extradition arrangements, by the Liberal Democrats, to be chaired by Sir Menzies Campbell. If it adds its voice to those of Parliament, the Joint Committee on Human Rights, the 100 lawyers and of course, the over 141,000 people who signed the e-petition, we hope the pressure will be too great for them to extradite Babar or Talha or anyone else for that matter under the Treaty.

It is a remarkable success that through the action of the public, politicians have been forced to debate Babar's case twice in Parliament within the space of 12 days. His case has become well known throughout the country and is now supported by senior politicians from all parties, lawyers, celebrities, and civil society organisations. Even MPs who traditionally have not been known for their stance on issues of human rights, attended Parliament and spoke in favour of Babar, due to the immense pressure placed upon them by all of you.

A full list of those MPs who attended and who spoke can be found here. If your MP did attend and spoke on Babar’s behalf, please write to them to thank them for their support. If they did not attend and had said that they would, please write to them to ask why they did not attend. Please forward any response you receive from your MP to mps@freebabarahmad.com

Moving forward, we now need to redouble our efforts to support Dr Caroline Lucas' calls for a full public inquiry into the actions of the Crown Prosecution Service into its handling of the evidence against Babar and calling for a full review of all the evidence against him with a view to prosecuting him in the UK. An action alert in this respect will be sent out later this month.

Please also join and encourage all your family and friends to join the official Free Babar Ahmad Facebook and Twitter pages to get the latest news and information about Babar’s case.

Congratulations to all of you for your amazing and tireless efforts.

FREE BABAR AHMAD
http://freebabarahmad.com/the-story/...-to-supporters

Highlights of debate here: http://freebabarahmad.com/the-story/...adition-debate

Insaanah
12-09-2011, 08:55 PM

9 December 2011 Last updated at 18:26

BBC in court bid to interview terror suspect

The BBC and one of its reporters has launched a court challenge to the justice secretary's decision not to allow a face-to-face interview with a terror suspect.

The corporation wants to speak to Babar Ahmad, 38, who has been detained for more than seven years without trial.

The British Muslim denies terror-related charges and is fighting extradition to the US.

He is being held in a special detainee unit in Worcestershire.

Justice Secretary Ken Clarke's decision to refuse the BBC permission to interview Mr Ahmad was challenged at the High Court in London by the corporation and home affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani.

Lord Pannick QC for the BBC told the court that the Ministry of Justice had initially granted permission to meet Mr Ahmad in Long Lartin prison but then withdrew the offer after the corporation argued the interview should be filmed.

He added that Mr Clarke's decision unlawfully infringed the BBC's freedom of speech under the European Convention on Human Rights and the decision to block an interview failed to take into account the exceptionally unsual nature of Mr Ahmad's case.

The MoJ has rules on how journalists can meet prisoners which the BBC has not challenged.

'Prematurely aged'

The BBC legal challenge is being supported by Mr Ahmad's lawyers, who argue that a broadcast interview is the only way to communicate the psychological and physical impact that arrest and detention have had on their client.

At the hearing, Mr Ahmad's lawyers pleaded for the BBC to be allowed to show their client's "prematurely aged" face.

Mr Ahmad is is waiting for a European Court of Human Rights to rule on whether or not he should be extradited.

The US authorities accuse him of soliciting and raising funds over the internet for terrorism "in Afghanistan, Chechnya and other places".

Mr Ahmad was injured when he was arrested by the Metropolitan Police at his home in south London in 2004.

The force later admitted liability and paid him £60,000 in damages although a jury subsequently found four police officers not guilty of assaulting him and they were also cleared of misconduct.

The High Court is expected to give its ruling on the BBC's challenge in January.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16111981

Plea to interview Babar Ahmed on TV

4:52pm Friday 9th December 2011 in News

Lawyers for a prisoner who has been detained for more than seven years without trial have made a plea in the High Court for BBC television to be allowed to show the world his “prematurely aged” face.

Babar Ahmad, a 38-year-old British Muslim, is being held under controversial extradition laws while fighting American attempts to remove him to the US where he is accused of terrorist-related offences.

He strongly denies any involvement with terrorism.

Today the BBC and its home affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani challenged Justice Secretary Ken Clarke’s refusal to allow Ahmad to be interviewed face-to-face for a television broadcast.

Lawyers for Ahmad supported the challenge and argued the immediacy of a filmed interview was the only way to communicate the psychological and physical impact of his arrest and detention.

Reserving judgment, after a day-long hearing, two judges said they hope to give their ruling in January.

Ahmad is being held in a special detainee unit at Long Lartin Prison, Worcestershire, waiting for the European Court of Human Rights to rule on whether or not he should be extradited.

He stands accused in a US indictment issued in Connecticut in 2004 of soliciting and raising funds over the internet for terrorism “in Afghanistan, Chechnya and other places”.

Lord Pannick QC, appearing for the BBC, said Ahmad had been detained without trial longer than any other British national in UK modern history.

He was seriously injured during his initial arrest and the Metropolitan Police paid him £60,000 in damages after admitting liability, though four officers accused of assault occasioning actual bodily harm were found not guilty earlier this year.

Lord Pannick argued his case raised several issues of exceptional public interest, and the Justice Secretary’s “disproportionate and irrational” refusal to allow him to be interviewed in prison should be quashed.

The decision was in breach of Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which protects freedom of expression, said Lord Pannick.

He argued a filmed interview would allow the public to better assess Ahmad’s credibility and the views he was expressing.

There was no question of him “glorifying” terrorism as he had publicly criticised and objected to it.

Phillippa Kaufmann QC, appearing for Ahmad, said he had already made written statements that had appeared in newspapers.

But only the immediacy of a television broadcast could communicate to the public the emotional and psychological impact of his initial arrest in December 2003 on suspicion of being involved in terrorism-related offences, his re-arrest in August 2004 in response to the US extradition request, and his subsequent lengthy detention.

Ms Kaufmann said: “He has aged far more than the number of years that have passed since he was first detained.

”This is what written communications cannot adequately convey.”
http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/941...r_Ahmed_on_TV/

جوري
12-22-2011, 10:32 PM
wots up with this case now? or will he be turned into another Tariq Mehnna?

Galaxy
12-23-2011, 12:13 AM
We should make du'a for this bro and Tarek and Allah is Just

- Qatada -
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

Vote for Babar Ahmad's father - nominated for an award for the 'Greats of Great Britain' - only 400 votes needed by the 31st of December to reach the top spot and highlight Babar's case:

http://www.thegreatexhibition2012.co...s/ashfaq-ahmad

Insaanah
01-12-2012, 06:46 PM

11-01-12: BREAKING NEWS: HIGH COURT DELIVERS HISTORIC RULING ALLOWING BBC TO INTERVIEW BRITISH DETAINEE BABAR AHMAD IN PRISON

The High Court in London has ruled that it was unlawful for Justice Secretary Ken Clarke to refuse the BBC permission to film an interview with British Detainee Babar Ahmad in prison, paving the way for the media to be allowed camera access to a British prisoner for the first time. Babar Ahmad is the longest held-without-charge British detainee in the modern history of the UK, having been in prison since August 2004 (seven and a half years). He is fighting extradition to the US, which accuses him of fundraising for Chechen and Afghan insurgents on the internet. In November 2011, over 140,000 signed an official government e-petition in support of his case, which led to two Parliamentary debates on the issue.

The judgment notes that the case of Babar Ahmad is exceptional for a number of reasons (1), including the fact that he has not been charged with any offence in the UK (2) and the admission made by the Metropolitan Police that he was assaulted on his arrest. Mr Justice Singh makes an important finding that the unusual combination of factors in this case are such that not only was the decision to refuse permission to the BBC to film an interview with Mr Ahmad wrong, but that an interview has to be allowed: “More than that, in our view, the claimants’ rights in article 10 require that departure in the exceptional circumstances of this case, and the Secretary of State has not been able to justify denying those rights on the facts of this case.” (para 81

In finding that the Justice Secretary’s decision had breached Article 10, Mr Justice Singh also noted that the interests being served by the BBC extended beyond their own and those of Mr Ahmad and encompassed the right of the general public: “The importance of the rights in article 10 is that, in principle, the public should be able to engage in such debates and be as fully informed as possible and make their own minds up to be properly informed”. (para 96) (3).

Ashfaq Ahmad, father of Babar Ahmad, said: “My son, Babar Ahmad, has been held in prison without charge for over seven years. I am pleased that the High Court has ruled that there is exceptional public interest in Babar’s case and said that the BBC should be allowed to film him in prison. Other people facing extradition to the US, such as the NatWest three and Gary McKinnon, have been allowed full access to the media to tell the public the truth about their ordeals and our flawed extradition laws. I urge Mr Clarke to listen to the public and not to appeal this decision. After all, what has the Government to fear from what Babar has to say?”

Simon Creighton of Bhatt Murphy solicitors, who represented Babar Ahmad as an interested party in the proceedings said: “My client is delighted that the court has recognised the right of freedom of speech also encompasses the right of the general public to be properly informed. Mr Ahmad has not been charged with any crime in this country but has spent the best part of a decade in prison. There is simply no justification for preventing the BBC from speaking to him about his experiences.”
http://www.freebabarahmad.com/press-...hmad-in-prison

Talks will now take place as to how and when the interview will take place and be filmed.

More on the story here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16512907
http://news.uk.msn.com/bbc-wins-inmate-interview-ruling
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...e966f10116f691

Snowflake
01-16-2012, 05:04 AM
La ilaha illAllah La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah

UmmuShaheed
01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Asc
I know a sister whose been held in the u.s for a about 2 years without being put on trial, I know how much her family goes through daily, and its been 2 years.
I can't even imagine how much his family is going through.. or him.
May Allah give him patience and make his Iman stronger.
Im going to spread awareness for this Inshallah and may muslims everywhere stand up against this injustice

Snowflake
01-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Insha Allah our brother is staying strong in the face of adversity.

The Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam warned:

Narrated Abu Ma'bad, that the Prophet said, "... and be afraid of the curse of an oppressed person because there is no screen between his invocation and Allah." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 24, Number 573.

It there any way to write to him or his family? I was thinking we can show our support by sending him duas and reminders Insha Allah.

Snowflake
02-22-2012, 09:10 AM
You can write to Babar directly at the address:

Babar Ahmad A9385AG
Detainee Unit
HMP Long Lartin
South Littleton
Evesham
WR11 8TZ
UK

Snowflake
03-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Imagine being in his shoes. Let's fulfil our duty to Allah and our brother in Islam today and write to him a few words of comfort, hadith, verses and duaas : )

P.S. Sisters should not write their names. The letters should not indiciate you are a female in any way. Jazakumullahu khayr.

Salahudeen
03-08-2012, 11:52 AM
What's the latest with the brothers case?

- Qatada -
03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
:salamext:

(How Najma the *Twinkling Star* Taught Us How to Live) - Babar Ahmad

The first letter I received from Najma was in October 2010. Enclosed with the letter was some money and words of encouragement for me. At the end of her letter were a couple of lines requesting that I pray for her, since she was in the final stages of acute myeloid leukaemia.
I wrote back to Najma thereby starting a cycle of correspondence that was to last until shortly before her death. Sometimes she would reply promptly; at other times she would reply after several weeks apologising for the delay due to her being in hospital. She told me the story of her battle against leukaemia since February 2006, describing in detail the types of treatment she was undergoing. One thing that struck me about her letters was the matter-of-fact, at times even humorous, way in which she would describe horrendously painful medical procedures.
Recounting a four-month course of arsenic chemotherapy whose “side- effects are worse than the actual cancer, ” she wrote, “Due to the known damage arsenic has on the heart, I spent a lot of time on the Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Care Unit … The heavy-metal constitution of arsenic meant that lumps of it, painful hard lumps, accumulated on my skin which had to be surgically cut away. “

She went on to detail her past week of treatment involving six-inch needles into her pelvic bone and bone marrow, three intravenous lines in her hand, “the removal of my Hickman line (attached to my jugular vein, requiring seven stitches and a lumbar puncture – spinal cord injection), ” and daily blood tests. At the end of this passage she wrote, “I am still smiling though.”

Despite all these medical procedures, her letters would be full of concern for other people. She would tell me about her work with Desidonors.org, a charity seeking bone marrow donors for sick children in the Asian community. I was particularly touched by the story of Amun Ali, a cute and chubby 10-year old boy from Birmingham with a bone marrow disorder that had already claimed the life of his 4-year old brother. I would ask Najma for regular updates on his situation. On 19 June 2011 Najma replied,

“Before I update you about my health, let me inform you that Amun Ali passed away in March this year. We found a bone marrow donor for him. However, the entire process is very aggressive and his young body couldn’t it…Truly devastating for all of us.”

Her concern for others began with her own parents before anyone else, especially her mother. She wrote,

“But perhaps the worst thing about my cancer is the effect it has on my parents. I don’t know what it feels like to be a parent, so cannot fathom how my mother stops her own life just to put some comfort into mine … She has never left my side since the first day I was diagnosed … She is so firmly committed to my care, she never stops smiling and praying for me every time I catch a glimpse of her. Parents are such a mercy, even at my age I need her. I feel so humble as I promised I would always look after her, and be there for her, but it seems to be the other way round.”

Every now and then, however, Najma would reveal the true extent of what she was going through:
“I’m tired and exhausted and in pain most days … My dreams are a respite from the painful, invasive, draining and toxic treatment I have to endure daily… Sadly my bones remain in agony and I refuse morphine simply because I feel numb and emotional … I have had a 6-inch needle into my spinal cord. It really hurts, in fact it burns. It’s a level of pain I never knew existed … I don’t know why I am still alive…”

Najma’s unshakeable faith in God and the After-life is what fuelled her determination to bear her ordeal with dignity: “I know my Creator is a Merciful One and I know I shall be rewarded for my struggles and that fact alone makes my journey bearable … When I think of Allah’s love, it makes some of this pain bearable… In the blood cancer unit, I see tragedy, pain, helplessness and misery most of the time. But there is something very special about believers: they never complain, not to others anyway. Their resolve comes from knowing that we shall only be transient in this world … And Allah knows best. “

Najma’s last letter to me was written on 20 November 2011, from her hospital bed, where she had been for several weeks by then. Unlike all her previous letters, this one was written in poor handwriting with disjointed line structure. “I wrote this letter from my room in the ward. I can barely lift my head up; it might even be incoherent… The chemotherapy has damaged my eyes so I can barely see on some days … I am still vomiting from the chemotherapy and most of my hair has fallen out … “

Despite her condition she still enclosed some money for me and went on to congratulate me for receiving 140,000 signatures in the e-petition campaign: “We are all praying for relief from your hardship. Nothing can remain the same. Things will change. “

She continued, “Sickness teaches you so much: humility, mercy, obedience, the list is endless… Patience is a hard lesson, but very beneficial indeed. I was always impatient and in a hurry, rushing around wasting my life away until sickness entered my life and I was forced to reflect … Some days I think I won’t make it through but those days are the ones that I forget that Allah has already written it down for me …”

During Najma’s final weeks and days my family visited her in hospital many times. As her condition deteriorated I sent her one final card in which I encouraged her to look forward to the reward that God had prepared for her in Paradise. My mother told me that Najma spent a long time reading and re-reading the card.

The next day, on 05 March 2012, she was taken to the Intensive Care Unit and she passed away a few days later, on the Saturday afternoon of 10 March 2012. All those present testified to the look of extreme peace and serenity on her face after she died. After a funeral attended by hundreds of people, she was buried in the Gardens of Peace cemetery in Ilford, Essex. May God have mercy on her and reward her for her patience through suffering.

I have learnt from my journey through life that there is rich inspiration to be gained by sharing the living moments of those who, for whatever reason, have been deprived of life. Whenever I have met cancer sufferers, the crippled, prisoners in indefinite detention, the blind and the dying, I have seen them attach a value to life, people and friendship that is unseen in others. To pass objective judgement on something, one must be external to it. Since they live in the twilight between life and death, they are able to see life for what it really is. They value every second of their existence and the people around them because they know that everything in life is temporary. In doing so, they increase the value of their own lives and the lives of those whom they touch.

The name ‘Najma’ in Arabic means ‘star’. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) once said that one of the reasons God created the stars was to act as beacons for those who want to find their way. Najma’s life was a beacon to any of us who have lost our way. Her life (and death) was the inspiration to many people, most of whom had never met her, even though she never realised it.

Through her six years of hell, Najma taught us how to be pleased with God’s destiny and how to confront hardships with dignified patience. She taught us how to cherish everything you have and how to value people because you don’t know how long you will be with them. She taught us how to smile in the face of suffering and how reaching out and helping others in pain can relieve our own pain. Through her life, Najma taught us how to die. And through her death, she taught us how to live.

Babar Ahmad (may Allah free him)
14 March 2012

http://Aseerun.org/2012/03/17/babar-ahmad-march-14-2012-how-najma-taught-us-how-to-live/

Insaanah
03-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Action Alert: Mobilize to Stop the Extradition of Babar Ahmad to the US

22nd March 2012

With the decision of the European Court of Human Rights on Babar's case imminently due and in light of the tragic extradition of British pensioner Christopher Tappin to the US, the Free Babar Ahmad (FBA) Campaign is urging all supporters to take action this Friday 23 March 2012 to mobilize to stop Babar's extradition to the US.

Please read the appeal below from Babar's father, Ashfaq Ahmad, and see what you can do to help.

Dear Supporter

I pray this finds you in the best of health.

Thank you for your continuing support for the campaign to stop my son Babar Ahmad’s extradition to the US . It has now been over three months since the historic debate in Parliament in which a motion was passed calling for the extradition laws to be urgently amended. This debate was a direct result of your tremendous efforts in raising over 141,000 signatures for the e-petition which we launched last August. Nevertheless, it seems that our government is stubbornly refusing to change its ways and Babar remains in prison, over seven and a half years after he was arrested, without trial.

In recent weeks, the Home Secretary has authorised the extradition to the US of young man from Sheffield, Richard O’Dwyer, for online file sharing which is not even a crime in the UK . Even worse, the government has actually extradited a British pensioner, Christopher Tappin, to the US where he has been refused bail and is being held in 23 hour a day solitary confinement while he awaits trial. We can only imagine what horrific treatment lies in store for Babar if, God forbid, he is extradited.

The European Court of Human Rights has still not made a decision on Babar’s case but we expect that it will do so imminently. In the event that it is a negative decision, I fear that Babar will be on a plane the next day. Even if it is positive, I fear that certain elements in the media will put immense pressure on the government to ignore the ruling. In any event, it is imperative that we mobilise from now to ensure that are in the strongest position to stop his extradition.

On 23 March 1775, one of the founding fathers of America Patrick Henry gave a rousing speech in which he famously said, “The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave”. In that revolutionary spirit, I ask you all to take action this Friday 23 March towards securing Babar’s freedom by promoting the Free Babar Ahmad Facebook and Twitter pages. This will ensure that we can get updates and action alerts out to as many people as quickly as possible as when the news from Strasbourg comes, there will be little time.

Thank you for your continued support which has helped to keep me strong in this ongoing struggle.

Ashfaq Ahmad

Action Required

In order to ensure that updates and urgent action alerts can reach as many people as possible as quickly as possible, we request you all to promote the FBA Facebook and Twitter pages.

We are aiming to have at least 10,000 people following the Twitter account and 10,000 likes on the Facebook page by the end of the day. All you need to do is

(a) Ask all your Facebook friends to 'like' the FBA Facebook page.

(b) Post a #FF or #FridayFollow for @FreeBabarAhmad on your Twitter account and explain why.

(c) Ask other Twitter users you follow to also put out a #FF for @FreeBabarAhmad.

(d) Email the FBA Facebook and Twitter pages to all your email contacts and ask them to 'like' and 'follow'.

(e) Send a text message or WhatsApp message on your smartphone the FBA Facebook and Twitter pages links to all your contacts asking them to 'like' and 'follow'.
Source: http://www.freebabarahmad.com/the-st...hmad-to-the-us

(Twitter address in the original source is wrong, use the one in this post). Even though the desired date has passed, some of the actions still needs to be done.

Insaanah
04-02-2012, 06:12 PM

Appeal against extradition for terror suspect

7:00am Monday 2nd April 2012 in Top Stories By Jamie Henderson

A Tooting resident is facing his final appeal against extradition to the United States at The European Court of Human Rights next week.

Babar Ahmad, a British Muslim, was originally arrested at his Tooting home in December 2003 under anti-terror legislation before being released six days later without charge.

The US Goverment claimed Mr Ahmed was involved with terror websites - a charge he vehemently denies.

He was re-arrested in August 2004 and imprisoned prior to the US Government's extradition request under the controversial Extradition Act 2003 - he has been detained without trial ever since.

The 38-year-old has since appealed to The European Court of Human Rights in the belief that his extradition to the US has breached his human rights.

The decision on his appeal will be read out at the court's base in Strasbourg, France, on Tuesday, April 10, when he will learn his fate.

Sara Ahmad, Babar's sister, told the Wandsworth Guardian about the maximum security or "super-max" prison her brother will be sent to if he loses next week's appeal.

She said: "In essence we are just hoping the decision in Strasbourg goes our way, because we have been calling for Babar to be tried in the UK.

"We have a great, centuries old, legal system in this country so I don't understand why he cannot be tried here?

"Some of the stories we have heard about the 'super-max' prison are horrific not just general treatment but solitary confinement, one phone call per month and no visits."

Mr Ahmad's family claim he sustained at least 73 "forensically recorded" injuries following his original arrest in December 2003.

In 2008, it emerged conversations between Mr Ahmad and Tooting MP Sadiq Khan had been bugged by police during a visit by the politician to see his former schoolmate A year later, the former public school pupil won a £60,000 payout from the Metropolitan Police after the force admitted he had been attacked.

In 2011 an official e-petition called "Put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK" was started and as of today, March 30, 149,383 people had signed it - the second highest tally ever recorded on the website.

He is currently confined at Long Larton prison in Worcestershire and is the longest British citizen detained-without-charge as part of the global ‘war on terror’.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n...pect_detainee/

Link from taken from the Free Babar Ahmad website.

Salahudeen
04-02-2012, 09:40 PM
It's not even made the news.

Insaanah
04-05-2012, 06:44 PM

ALERT: Historic interview with Babar Ahmad to be broadcast on BBC tonight 5 April 2012

Tonight, Thursday 5 April 2012 at 10:30 pm, BBC Two’s Newsnight will broadcast an historic interview with British defendant Babar Ahmad, the longest detained-without-trial British citizen in the modern history of the UK.

The interview was recently conducted at HMP Long Lartin following a year-long battle by the BBC against the Ministry of Justice for the right to broadcast and film an interview with Babar Ahmad. It is the first time in history that someone detained in a UK prison, whether on remand like Babar or serving a sentence post-conviction, has been interviewed by the broadcast media . It is also the first time that Babar has spoken in any detail about his case, discussing why he should be tried in the UK and explaining how British police sent all the evidence seized from his home to the US before the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) had had an opportunity to see it, a fact admitted by the CPS in November 2011.

Babar discusses his arrest, the assault on him by the police, and his ongoing detention while he fights extradition to the US, where he faces allegations of fundraising for Chechen and Afghan insurgents through websites based in the UK.

Please promote this interview among all your family and friends, colleagues and contacts, MPs and councillors, to ensure that Babar's side of the story is heard by as many people as possible, before the European Court of Human Rights judgement on his case next Tuesday 10 April 2012.

Source: http://www.freebabarahmad.com/the-st...t-5-april-2012

Snowflake
04-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Step up the duas please everyone. May Allah be with our brother Babar and others like him. Ameen Ya Rabb.

Insaanah
04-06-2012, 03:34 PM

^ Ameen.

The interview:

Article from the guardian on the interview, called "Babar Ahmad and the injustice of the US/UK extradition laws": http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...tradition-laws

Request to write letter to the attorney general: http://www.freebabarahmad.com/the-st...E2%80%99s-case

Snowflake
04-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Ya Allahhhhh pleaseeeeeee help :cry:

la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah!!!!!!!

Snowflake
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
How can they want to try him in the US based on the fact that the website is based there. Websites aren't 'based' anywhere They are hosted but remain virtual. What a stupid reason! They only want him in Colorado to make him suffer.

Dagless
04-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Sad news :( :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17662054

Snowflake
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Subhan Allah! May Allah have mercy on him and the others and rectify their affairs and the affairs of the whole ummah. Ameen :cry:

The US authorities accused Mr Ahmad of running an important pro-jihad website called Azzam.com. During the 1990s and early 2000s the English-language website played a key role in encouraging young Muslims in the West to support Mujahideen causes in Bosnia, Chechnya and Afghanistan.
How is that different to encouraging us/british soldiers to fight in muslim countries. Those scum are the real terrorists. Oh but their joy is going to be short-lived. very short-lived insha Allah. For Hell will be eternal!

Snowflake
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
PRESS RELEASE: Family of Babar Ahmad respond to Europe Ruling on Extradition to the US

FREE BABAR AHMAD

10 April 2012

“We are very disappointed with the decision of the European Court of Human Rights. While the decision deals with the issue of prison conditions in the US, the fundamental question remains as to why this matter has even got to Strasbourg and why Babar even needs to be extradited to the US.”

“There has been a serious abuse of process with the police completely mishandling the evidence seized from Babar’s home by sending it to the US before the CPS could take a view on it.”

“Babar is a British citizen accused of a crime said to have been committed in the UK and all the evidence against him was gathered in this country. Nevertheless, British justice appears to have been subcontracted to the US. This should be immediately rectified by putting Babar on trial in the UK and ordering a full public inquiry into the matter.”

“Our Member of Parliament Mr Sadiq Khan has now written to the Attorney General to ask why his predecessor Lord Goldsmith and the CPS misled us all by stating in 2006 that there was “insufficient evidence” to prosecute him in this country when they had not even seen all the evidence.”

“Babar has already been imprisoned without a trial for almost 8 years, something he described in his recent interview to BBC as “the most unimaginable type of psychological torture.””

“Following the recent petition signed by almost 150,000 members of the British public asking for Babar to be tried in the UK and numerous cross party MPs asking for a change in the extradition treaty, we call on our government to listen to the British public and its elected officials and to put Babar on trial in his own country without any further delay.”

To arrange an interview, email info@freebabarahmad.com or telephone 07585355581.

You can also visit Free Babar Ahmad : The Official Campaign Site to Put Babar Ahmad on Trial in the UK or the official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FreeBabarAhmad.

Babar Ahmad is also willing to engage in correspondence with the media who should write to him by recorded delivery at the following address: Babar Ahmad A9385AG, Detainee Unit, HMP Long Lartin, South Littleton, Evesham WR11 8TZ. [ENDS]

Notes to Editors:

1. Babar Ahmad has been detained without trial since 5 August 2004 following an extradition request from the US. A complete timeline of Babar Ahmad’s case from the moment he was arrested on 2 December 2003 can be viewed at Timeline .

2. On 22 November 2011, the Crown Prosecution Service admitted that it had never reviewed all the evidence seized from Babar Ahmad’s home before it was sent to the US authorities. The CPS has nevertheless repeatedly refused to prosecute Babar Ahmad in the UK claiming that there is “insufficient evidence”. On 24 November 2011, Caroline Lucas MP called for a full public inquiry into the handling of the evidence.

3. A full parliamentary debate on urgently reforming British extradition laws took place on 5 December 2011 with the motion being passed without a vote. The debate came as a result of an e-petition to put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK securing over 141,000 signatures within 3 months. The e-petition can be viewed at Put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK - e-petitions .

4. In 2005, District Judge Timothy Workman, then the most senior extradition judge in the UK, said about Babar Ahmad's case. "This is a difficult and troubling case. The defendant is a British Citizen who is alleged to have committed offences which if the evidence were available, could have been prosecuted in this country."

5. On 22 June 2011, the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights explicitly raised concerns over Babar Ahmad's case in its report in 'The Human Rights Implications of U.K extradition policy' and recommended that the government urgently re-negotiate the UK- US extradition of individuals in Babar Ahmad's position.

6. During his arrest in London in 2003, Babar Ahmad sustained over 73 injuries. In March 2009, the Metropolitan Police admitted carrying out this abuse and paid him £60,000 compensation. Four police officers later stood trial over this attack but were found not guilty.

SOURCE: Free Babar Ahmad

Insaanah
07-02-2012, 09:28 PM

URGENT ALERT: Request European Court of Human Rights to re-examine Babar Ahmad’s case

2 JULY 2012

On 10 April 2012, the European Court of Human Rights dismissed the appeal of Babar Ahmad against his extradition to the US, finding that this would not breach his human rights. Babar’s solicitors have until 10 July 2012 to request permission from the Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights for the Court to re-examine the case. If they grant permission, Babar’s case will be examined one final time. If they refuse permission, Babar could be on a plane to the US within days.

We are requesting all campaigners to write to the President of the European Court of Human Rights and request that he grants permission for Babar’s case to be reconsidered for the following reasons:

· The Court knowingly accepted false evidence from the UK government that prisoners in ADX Florence (where they propose to imprison Babar) spent on average 3 years only in solitary confinement before entering the ‘Step Down’ programme to end their isolation. However, the Court refused to accept accurate rebuttal evidence from Babar Ahmad’s lawyers that dozens of ADX Florence prisoners have been in solitary confinement for over 10 years, on the basis that there was not enough time to consider it. This was despite the fact that the Court had already been considering the case for almost five years.

· The Court refused to accept submissions on solitary confinement by the eminent Professor Juan Mendez, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.

· The Court ruled that the ADX Florence prison regime does not amount to isolation because its inmates can shout to each other through the “ventilation system

· Just over a week after the judgement, the UK Attorney-General Dominic Grieve QC MP unashamedly admitted in public that the pressure the UK government had been applying for political reform of the ECtHR had led to rulings in the UK’s favour, such as the Hamza ruling.

· The Court concluded that imposing an irreducible whole life sentence on Babar Ahmad would “not be grossly disproportionate” (Paragraph 243 of Chamber judgement) even though he has not been accused of a capital offence, in which someone was killed. The Court came to this conclusion by lumping together six distinct cases as one without considering the individual facts of each case.

Please write to the European Court of Human Rights.

ALL CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE SENT BEFORE 10th JULY.

WRITE TO:

Judge Sir Nicholas Bratza
President of the European Court of Human Rights
Council of Europe
67075 Strasbourg Cedex
France

Email: Nicolas.Bratza@echr.coe.int

CC: Clare.Ovey@echr.coe.int
Lech.Garlicki@echr.coe.int
echrpress@echr.coe.int

Send copies of all correspondence to Strasbourg@freebabarahmad.com

SAMPLE LETTER

Judge Sir Nicholas Bratza

President of the European Court of Human Rights

Council of Europe

67075 Strasbourg Cedex

France

Dear Judge Bratza

Re: Babar Ahmad & Others v. United Kingdom (24027/07)

I urge you to accept the referral of the Babar Ahmad case to the Grand Chamber for the following reasons:

1. The ECtHR considered the Babar Ahmad case since June 2007 before it delivered its judgement on 10 April 2012, i.e. almost a full five years. In late 2011, the ECtHR knowingly accepted false evidence from the UK Government that ADX Florence prisoners spend an average of 3 years in solitary confinement before entering the ‘Step-Down’ program to end their isolation. However, when Babar Ahmad’s lawyers submitted accurate rebuttal evidence to the ECtHR that dozens of ADX Florence prisoners have been in solitary confinement for over 10 years (with several there for over 15 years), the ECtHR refused to accept this evidence on the basis that there was not enough time to consider it. (This despite the ECtHR considering the Babar Ahmad case since June 2007, i.e. almost five years). I find it inexcusable that the ECtHR chose to conduct the proceedings in this case in such a biased manner by hearing only one side of the argument.

2. I am puzzled why the ECtHR refused to even consider submissions on solitary confinement by the eminent Professor Juan Mendez, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture. I am particularly disturbed that the ECtHR ruled in its Chamber judgement of 10 April 2012 that the ADX Florence prison regime does not amount to isolation because its inmates can shout to each other through the “ventilation system.” I am concerned that this sets a dangerous precedent for EU citizens who may end up in prisons in the developing world.

3. On 20 April 2012, 10 days after the judgement in the case was delivered, the UK Attorney-General Dominic Grieve QC MP unashamedly admitted to the Law Society Gazette that the European Court was already showing “greater responsiveness” to the concerns of the UK’s national courts, parliament and public opinion – for example in its Abu Hamza extradition judgement. I am shocked that a supposedly independent judicial court such as the ECtHR has allowed itself to be manipulated and influenced by UK politicians and the tabloid press.

4. I find it incredible that the ECtHR concluded in this case that imposing an irreducible whole life sentence e on Babar Ahmad would “not be grossly disproportionate” (Paragraph 243 of Chamber judgement) even though he has not been accused of a capital offence, in which someone was killed. It is irresponsible of the ECtHR to lump together distinct cases as one without considering the individual facts of each case.

Babar Ahmad is the longest detained-without-trial British citizen in the modern history of the UK, having been held in prison since August 2004 (8 years). In late 2011, over 149,000 members of the British public signed an official UK Government e-petition supporting Babar Ahmad’s right to be tried in Britain. The ECtHR has one last opportunity to put an end to this historic injustice. I therefore urge you in the strongest possible terms, in the interests of justice and human rights, to have the Grand Chamber re-examine this case.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Copy to

T.L. Lawrence Early, Fourth Section Registrar

Clare Ovey, Deputy Fourth Section Registrar

Judge Lech Garlicki

Fourth Section Registry

Press Office
Source: http://www.freebabarahmad.com/the-st...E2%80%99s-case

جوري
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
This is his crime:

The US authorities accused Mr Ahmad of running an important pro-jihad website called Azzam.com. During the 1990s and early 2000s the English-language website played a key role in encouraging young Muslims in the West to support Mujahideen causes in Bosnia, Chechnya and Afghanistan.

Pigs.. the world is run by pigs is all I can say.. in the east and the west pigs are governing people's lives and no petition or appeals are going to change that!
Hasbona Allah wa'nima alwakeel.

Insaanah
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Thought this was relevant and somewhat poignant to put here:

"And it seemed good to them, after they had seen the signs (of his innocence) to imprison him for a time." (Surah Yusuf, 12:35)

Tafsir ibn Kathir:

Yusuf is imprisoned without Justification

Allah says, `Then it occurred to them that it would be in their interest to imprison Yusuf for a time, even after they were convinced of his innocence and saw the proofs of his truth, honesty and chastity.' It appears, and Allah knows best, that they imprisoned him after the news of what happened spread. They wanted to pretend that Yusuf was the one who tried to seduce the `Aziz's wife and that they punished him with imprisonment. This is why when the Pharaoh asked Yusuf to leave jail a long time afterwards, he refused to leave until his innocence was acertained and the allegation of his betrayal was refuted. When this was successfully achieved, Yusuf left the prison with his honor intact, peace be upon him.
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...=875&Itemid=67

Tafheemul Qur'an by S. A Maududi, abridged version:

This shows that sending innocent persons to prison without the due process of justice and without establishing their guilt is one of the practices of rulers from olden days. In this regard, the evil forces of today are no better than those of four thousand years ago.
Full version:

It occurred to them to imprison Prophet Joseph in order "to save face" after they had seen clear proofs of his innocence and of the guilt of their own women, for no other alternative was left, in their opinion, to undo the scandal that was spreading fast in the land. But it did not occur to them that in fact his imprisonment was his moral victory and the moral defeat of the rulers and the dignitaries of Egypt. By that time, Prophet Joseph had not remained an unknown person, for all and sundry had heard stories of his beauty and piety, and of the love the ladies had shown towards him. Therefore when those "wise" courtiers put into practice their plausible device to imprison him in order to reverse the doings of their ladies, the common people must have drawn their own conclusions for they knew Prophet Joseph to be a man of pure, strong and high character. So it was obvious to them that he had committed no "crime" to merit imprisonment, and that he had been imprisoned because it was an easier way of escape for the chiefs of Egypt than to keep their own ladies under control.

Incidentally, this shows that imprisonment of innocent people without trial and due procedure of law is as old as civilization itself. The dishonest rulers of today are not much different from the rulers who governed Egypt some four thousand years ago. The only difference between the two is that they did not imprison people in the name and for the cause of "democracy" but they committed unlawful acts without any pretext of law. On the contrary, their modern descendants make use of the specious pretenses of honesty when they are acting unjustly. They first enact the necessary unlawful laws to justify their unlawful practices, and then "lawfully" imprison their victims. That is to say, the Egyptian rulers were honest in their dishonesty and did not hide the fact that they were imprisoning people to safeguard their own interests, and not those of the community. But these modern disciples of Satan cast innocent people into prison to ward off the "danger" they feel from them, but proclaim to the world that their victims are a menace to the country and the community. In short, these are not only tyrants but shameless liars as well.
http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafhe...verse=30&to=35

Lets not forget to keep Babar, Aafia, and all those wrongly imprisoned, and all our oppressed brothers and sisters and those facing hardship of any kind, in our du'as.

Insaanah
09-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Abu Hamza and Babar Ahmad extradition approved

24 September 2012 Last updated at 20:56

The European Court of Human Rights has given its final approval for the extradition of five major terrorism suspects from the UK to the US.

The court's highest judges said they would not re-open the cases of Abu Hamza al-Masri, Babar Ahmad and others.

The decision means that the extradition of the men, wanted for years by the US, is likely to happen within weeks.

The Home Office welcomed the decision, saying it would ensure the extraditions happened as quickly as possible.
Read more...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19706404

Laa howla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah.

جوري
09-25-2012, 01:34 AM
indeed la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah :(

جوري
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
'' ran a jihadist website in London that provided material support for terrorism. ''

Freedom of speech?

May all the d@mnations in the world fall upon all the enemies of Allah in this world and the next.

Ameen

جوري
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Detention of Babar; A Failure of both Politics and the Law

Murtaza Shaikh

Last Updated on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 09:57 Please help us run Islam21c and its' projects for the next 12 months. Donate to our Just Giving page.

Perhaps the greatest tragedy in Babar’s story is that to this day he is still to have his day in Court. At no point have the US’s allegations against Babar ever been made known in their specific detail. The two substantive questions of his link with a website and its content have never been posed nor contended in any public court of law. Even the supposed bastion of human rights in Europe and Babar’s last hope, the ECHR, was limited to considering whether Babar would suffer a from torture or inhuman and degrading treatment, if extradited. The very fact that he was never charged by UK authorities meant he was unable to challenge the substance of the case against him and thus the basis of his extradition.
On 24 September 2012, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) drove the final nail in the coffin of Babar Ahmad’s 8 year fight against extradition to the US, dismissing claims that a potential life sentence at ADX Florence would amount to torture or inhuman and degrading treatment. It also exhausts all potential remedies in the UK and European Courts. With the exception of fleeing to the Ecuadorian Embassy, the only sliver of hope that remains is a legal long shot – a private prosecution by Karl Watkins.
Babar’s story is one punctuated by a number of glaring injustices, which those sympathetic or not, would find hard to justify let alone excuse.
Of these, we could cite the 73 separate forensically identified injuries he sustained on his initial arrest in 2003 – both his urine and ears bloodied. Doubt was cast over his allegations of degrading religious abuse by the arresting officers, who according to Babar, forced him in to the Muslim prayer prostration position shouting ‘where is your God now?’ However the officers’ claim that the injuries were self-inflicted, their notes in the immediate aftermath of the arrest going amiss, evidence from even the prosecution’s medical experts, the officers’ own eventual admission of wrongful conduct and payment of compensation all indicate to the reasonable and intelligent observer that Babar’s claims of severe Islamophobic insults and violence are more than believable.
Babar’s success in his civil action could be taken as a rare glimpse of justice in an otherwise tragic story. However in typical OJ Simpsonesque manner, what the officers admitted in the civil proceedings, they were acquitted of in the criminal proceedings.
The most uncomfortable aspect of Babar’s story though is how British and European justice abjectly failed him as an individual and us as a society. The case presents an affront to long standing fundamental and internationally agreed norms. In Western and presumably ‘civilised’ liberal democracies, innocence is presumed until guilt proven. Yet Babar has not even been charged, but has spent 8 years in detention. The Government nonchalantly relies on the technicality that this is because his case was pending at the ECHR. But how is it that an individual who the Crown Prosecution Service chose not to prosecute for lack of evidence, could be detained indefinitely because he sought redress at the ECHR? And why would the ECHR take so long to deliberate over a case when each second delayed was a second added to detention without charge let alone trial?
Consequently Babar Ahmed has remained behind bars for 8 years without any allegation being tested against him or any questions being asked of those requesting his extradition. Undoubtedly not only does the UK have a responsibility to try its own citizens whenever possible, but also to protect them in the face of flimsy allegations and inadequate evidence. This constitutes a greater breach of British sovereignty and betrayal of democratic trust then any Eurosceptic could ever allege. Certainly we have an interest to prevent British subjects being extradited to a jurisdiction which has created establishments such as Guantanamo so as to be immune from human rights obligations, sought to legitimize torture in interrogations, instituted a practice of extraordinary renditions and presided over some of the most grotesque abuses of prisoners in Abu Ghraib and Bagram. Surely more than eyebrows should be raised as to the feasibility of a fair trial in such a country, so drunken still with the rage of crimes committed against it that it stops at little to lash out at anyone perceived to be associated with its enemies.
However, perhaps the greatest tragedy in Babar’s story is that to this day he is still to have his day in Court. At no point have the US’s allegations against Babar ever been made known in their specific detail. The two substantive questions of his link with a website and its content have never been posed nor contended in any public court of law. Even the supposed bastion of human rights in Europe and Babar’s last hope, the ECHR, was limited to considering whether Babar would suffer a from torture or inhuman and degrading treatment, if extradited. The very fact that he was never charged by UK authorities meant he was unable to challenge the substance of the case against him and thus the basis of his extradition. Nor was the non-reciprocal 2003 US-UK extradition treaty subject to any contention, which absolved the US of any rigorous evidentiary requirements for extradition requests to be granted by the UK.
Babar Ahmad’s case continues to provide a sobering case-study that exposes the failures of the legal system and political establishment, especially in the face of overwhelming outcry by the British public, with more than 140,000 signing a petition to have Babar tried in the UK and the US-UK extradition treaty reviewed.

Notes: This article was originally published in the independent online magazine www.opendemocracy.net

Islam21c requests all the readers of this article, and others, to share it on your facebook, twitter, and other platforms to further spread our efforts.

Snowflake
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM
La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah :cry: Indeed the believers pain, tears and sacrifice won't be in vain.

Surat Al-Ghāshiyah (The Overwhelming - Chapter 88)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In The Name of Allah – The Beneficent – The Merciful
Has there reached you the report of the Overwhelming [event]?
[Some] faces, that Day, will be humiliated,
Working [hard] and exhausted.
They will [enter to] burn in an intensely hot Fire.
They will be given drink from a boiling spring.
For them there will be no food except from a poisonous, thorny plant
Which neither nourishes nor avails against hunger.
[Other] faces, that Day, will show pleasure.
With their effort [they are] satisfied
In an elevated garden,
Wherein they will hear no unsuitable speech.
Within it is a flowing spring.
Within it are couches raised high
And cups put in place
And cushions lined up
And carpets spread around.
Then do they not look at the camels - how they are created?
And at the sky - how it is raised?
And at the mountains - how they are erected?
And at the earth - how it is spread out?
So remind, [O Muhammad]; you are only a reminder.
You are not over them a controller.
However, he who turns away and disbelieves -
Then Allah will punish him with the greatest punishment.
Indeed, to Us is their return.
Then indeed, upon Us is their account.

جوري
10-05-2012, 11:46 AM

Like the great men mentioned above, this extradition experience is designed to give these exceptional brothers the necessary training to fulfil a far greater purpose and role in this dunya, that Allah has chosen for them. We know that Allah must really love them in light of the test He is putting them through. They have done the dawah work, the mentoring, the khutbahs, the circles, the campaigns, the charity drives, the aid convoys, the prison time, and much more. Extradition and Supermax is just another feather in their caps,
As I write this, an extradition hearing is continuing in the Royal Courts of Justice, the very final one, before judgement is delivered in the cases of Babar Ahmad, Syed Talha Ahsan, Khalid al Fawwaz, Adel Abdul Bary and Abu Hamza. Each case is different with its own individual facts but all contain one common element: a Muslim suspected of involvement in some form of terrorism and wanted by the US government. Having attended part of the hearing yesterday, I am already aware of the decision. In fact, I was aware of it last week as soon as the applications were lodged. But hearing about corruption and collusion is no substitute for witnessing it performed live. As I returned home, so many thoughts reverberated in my head - façade, farce, charade, mockery, theatre, drama, show trial. What I saw yesterday was a pantomime, complete with the one-eyed hook-handed supervillain, with all parties reading from the same script. The sadness of yesterday has turned to anger and bitterness today. Fury of the type the Lord Chief Justice speaks about, also at the system, but for very different reasons.

Sitting in the courtroom, watching all the protagonists prance about and articulate and pontificate, with their false airs and graces, winking and nodding, smiling and elbowing, as they tried to give a veneer of credibility and legitimacy to a process which has been undermined at the outset by the decision-makers in Washington, I felt increasing resentment in my heart towards almost everyone who has played a part in this never-ending drama. From the police to the prosecutors, the parliamentarians to the ministers, the lawyers to the judges, both British and European, all had colluded and were reading from the same filthy script, smudged with fingerprints of corruption and deception.

How they laughed! How they mocked! At times, it was difficult to discern the barristers for the DPP and Home Office from the judges. But as the old adage goes, ‘he who laughs last laughs best’. The last laugh indeed will be that of those five men, not just in the akhirah but in this dunya too. It is they who will laugh best for the filthy script, as much as the authorities wickedly cackle and take pleasure and pride in believing that it is their own, is only a miniscule chapter in a much greater Script; a Script written 50,000 years before the creation of the heavens and the earth. A Script in which justice prevails, the oppressed rise up and the prisoners are liberated and become leaders.

It was in this same Script that Ibrahim (as) was thrown into the fire by his government who believed that by doing so, they had done away with this troublesome boy. It was in this same Script that Yusuf (as) was imprisoned on two occasions, the first of which involved solitary confinement at the bottom of a well after he is beaten and thrown in by his own blood brothers. He is later in his life thrown into prison for a crime he did not commit. Later in this phenomenal history of the world, Musa (as) is forced to flee his land by a tyrannical ruler after he is betrayed by someone who he tried to help. Likewise the Prophet Muhammed (s) is also forced to flee his city after over a decade of persecution by the ruling classes. Not content with ridding themselves of his preaching and calls to justice, they launch attack after attack on him and his supporters. On each occasion, the evildoers celebrate and view their small successes as evidence of their superiority and power.

But they had not written the Script and did not know of what was to come. Ibrahim (as) emerges unscathed from the fire. Yusuf (as) is rescued from the well and later negotiates the conditions of his release from prison, and ultimately is given authority in the land, with his tormentors now dependant on his generosity and forgiveness. Musa (as) returns to confront Firaun in his own courtyard and before the masses, exposes the corruption and fragile foundations upon which the entire political governance is built. Muhammed (s), who fled Makkah under the cover of darkness with a single companion, returns at the head of a 10,000 strong army, with those who abused and oppressed him at his mercy.

Naturally our brothers may fear the conditions they will be held in once extradited, both because of what they know about it and what they do not. Similarly, we know that a fire burns, it stings, it scalds, it melts the skin and peels the flesh and we imagine how painful it may be but until we are placed in that situation, imagine is all we can do. Think how Ibrahim (as) must have felt as he was strapped into the catapult while the people gathered and made watch the enormous fire being built in front of him into which he knew he was to be thrown. A fire so large that it burned the birds that flew over it. What thoughts must have been going through his head? However, the One who made the fire hot and gave it the ability to burn and scald, is the One who can make it cool and safe if He wishes.

"O Fire! Be you coolness and safety for Abraham." (21:69)

Despite the horror stories we have heard about Supermax, if Allah (swt) wishes, it can be a serene garden for the brothers. And we sincerely ask Allah to make their time in America one of bliss and comfort in a manner in which only He is capable of doing.

Allah consoled Yusuf (as) in the well that this situation would not last forever and that he would indeed inform his brothers of what they did. Similarly, we pray that Allah (swt) will be with our brothers even when they feel they are in solitary and that their plight will not last forever, that Allah will aid them, elevate their ranks and place them in positions in the future where they can tell their stories. In such solitude, there is no better companion. The brothers will inshaAllah benefit from this one-to-one training with Malik ul Mulk in preparation for their return inshaAllah.

Like Musa (as), they will return to expose the innate corruption and dishonesty in the system. This process has been ongoing for over a decade. The struggle has exposed the corruption and hypocrisy of several institutions including the police, the IPCC, the CPS, several successive governments, parliament, and the courts, both domestic and Europe. The fundamental doctrines upon which they proudly claim their state is built, such as the separation of powers, habeus corpus, free speech and human rights, has been exposed as nothing more than empty rhetoric subject to the whims and desires of those in power. InshaAllah on their return, the brothers will complete the job in exposing the system. And their return will be like that of the Prophet Muhammed (s), with all those involved in their abuse, torture, incarceration and extradition making public apologies and asking for forgiveness.

Like the great men mentioned above, this extradition experience is designed to give these exceptional brothers the necessary training to fulfil a far greater purpose and role in this dunya, that Allah has chosen for them. We know that Allah must really love them in light of the test He is putting them through. They have done the dawah work, the mentoring, the khutbahs, the circles, the campaigns, the charity drives, the aid convoys, the prison time, and much more. Extradition and Supermax is just another feather in their caps, one which the rest of us will envy on the Day of Judgement. On that Day, with the fear and terror we will all be in, who would not want to be able to say to Allah that he suffered exile and incarceration in Supermax for His sake!

It will shortly be announced that the British and US governments have won and the brothers have lost. If there is anything a reading of the Script informs us of is that the oppressors’ perceived victories are short-lived and in the end, the truth becomes manifest and justice prevails. Throughout the Arab world, this trend is continuing where former prisoners accused of terrorist acts and threatening state security are now governing their countries, their oppressors consigned to the dustbin of history.

The fallacies of the system have been exposed. Like Ibrahim, Yusuf, Musa and Muhammad (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon them all) and like the Muslim prisoners throughout history, these five men are the winners.

By the Lord of the Ka’abah, they have won!

Notes:

Islam21c requests all the readers of this article, and others, to share it on your facebook, twitter, and other platforms to further spread our efforts.

Insaanah
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
As I write this, an extradition hearing is continuing in the Royal Courts of Justice, the very final one, before judgement is delivered in the cases of Babar Ahmad, Syed Talha Ahsan, Khalid al Fawwaz, Adel Abdul Bary and Abu Hamza.
The very final battle, the last ditch attempt after every other avenue, has been lost.

5-Oct-2012: Press Release: Statement of Babar Ahmad on Extradition Ruling

Babar Ahmad today stated:

"Today I have lost my 8 year and 2 month battle against extradition to the US. I would like to thank all those over the years who supported me and my family: lawyers, politicians, journalists and members of the public from all walks of life.”

“By exposing the fallacy of the UK’s extradition arrangements with the US, I leave with my head held high having won the moral victory."

Ashfaq Ahmad, father of Babar Ahmad, stated:

“After over 40 years of paying taxes in this country, I am appalled that the system has let me down in a manner more befitting of a third world country than one of the world’s oldest democracies.”

“It seems that the Metropolitan police, the CPS and even the Court have all colluded to implement a pre-determined decision which was made in Washington.”

“We will never abandon our struggle for justice and the truth will eventually emerge of what will be forever remembered as a shameful chapter in the history of Britain.”
http://www.freebabarahmad.com/press-...adition-ruling

5th October 2012

Despite a long and hard campaign spanning eight and a half years, the extradition of Babar Ahmad to the US has today been approved and is currently under way.

We are indebted to you for your continued support over the years but the fight for justice is far from over. As we enter this next phase of the campaign, we are urgently requesting your support at this difficult time. The Free Babar Ahmad Campaign has set up an account for donations to supports costs the family will be incurring in visiting Babar whilst he is in the US and other related costs.

Donate today so Babar will be able to see his family once again.

TO DONATE:

By bank transfer, deposit or direct debit:

Account Name: Free Babar Ahmad Campaign
Account Number: 01162301
Sort Code: 300083
Bank: Islamic Bank of Britain

By cheque:

Please make cheques out to "Free Babar Ahmad Campaign" and send to:

Free Babar Ahmad Campaign Fund
c/o HHUGS
Office 36,
88-90 Hatton Gardens
London
EC1N 8PN
http://www.freebabarahmad.com/the-st...tradition-fund

Babar now heads off to spend the rest of his life in solitary confinement in a 'supermax' maximum security in prison in the US, away from his country and his family, likely to face inhumane conditions. He has never yet been brought to trial or found guilty of any crime, and if things continue the way they have here, he could spend the rest of his life like this. This is justice, UK and US style. Laa howla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah.

جوري
10-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Allah swt is able to destroy those kuffar like he did Aad, and Thamud, and the people of Midian and zillions like them and in shaa Allah he will.. Allah swt yomhil wla yohmil!
I feel absolutely heartbroken about this =(

Snowflake
10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
^Ameen sis. Insha Allah

la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah

Insaanah
10-06-2012, 10:41 AM
The US attorney general has confirmed the arrival of a flight carrying Babar Ahmad and Syed Talha Ahsan who are due before a court in Connecticut in connection with the alleged running of a pro-jihad website.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...rt-extradition

Exclusive: Police secretly handed the FBI evidence on Babar Ahmad while claiming their own case against him was collapsing due to lack of evidence

Friday 05 October 2012

Metropolitan Police detectives agreed to nine separate requests from FBI agents to provide information on Babar Ahmad at a time when the case against the long-imprisoned terror suspect was collapsing because of a lack of evidence, The Independent can reveal.

Court documents unearthed in the United States reveal how senior detectives involved in the initial investigation of Mr Ahmad regularly carried out searches and enquiries on behalf of the FBI and even sent American agents two encrypted floppy disks that were found at the south Londoner’s home.

The data set, including the disks, forms part of a dossier of evidence that was sent across the Atlantic but was never seen by the Crown Prosecution Service which dropped the initial charges against Ahmad paving the way for is long battle against extradition to the United States...
Read the full story here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8199824.html

جوري
10-06-2012, 11:05 AM
They're all full of crap.. probably just doctored up stuff, they're very good at that and have done it before, in fact they're so audacious they don't even need to doctor or give you a trial at all. They can just abuse you because you're well a Muslim and Muslims have no rights!
Let's all just watch and keep watching to see what else they can get away with!

~Zaria~
10-07-2012, 11:03 AM
“What can my enemies do to me?
My jannah is in my heart.
If you take me to jail, I'll make zikr of Allah.
If you exile me out of my land, I will make tafakkur (i.e contemplate on the creation of Allah).
If you execute me, I will be a martyr, what can you do with me?
Because im not limited to this dunya, im living for al-akhira”

- Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah

May Allah (subanawataála) fill these brothers hearts with the sabr of Yusuf (alaihi salam) and grant this ummah victory over the kuffaar.
Ameen.

Insaanah
10-27-2012, 08:14 PM

In jail for at least another year before a trial might happen:

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/paper/in...p?article=5998

MohammedK
01-11-2014, 08:04 PM
It may be for no reason he was taken but alot of the times they would have connections to terror groups when this happens; there is no way he did nothing to be taken, how did they notice him. Something had to be done by him.

MohammedK
01-11-2014, 08:09 PM
He pleaded guilty to terrorism. Why should anyone want to help him?

Insaanah
07-22-2015, 03:42 PM
To bring some closure to this thread, Babar Ahmad has finally been released:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33585959

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!