/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hello

alluminati
09-14-2011, 02:15 AM
hi, new to this board, and although this may not be the right board for asking questions, forgive I for asking some:

recently it has come to (my) attention that one i was being led astray, but i was saved by allah over the summer, and have turned my faith from catholicism to islam, and i am still new to this process: one how does one begin to convert to islam? so far I have begun reading the qu'ran (english copy by M.A.S Abdel Haleem since i am not fully muslim and cannot speak or read arabic, yet), i really do not know anyone muslim or anyone in the city i am currently presiding in, and i wish to go to mecca to complete the pilgrimage but cannot (due to a lack of knowledge and understanding of arabic, as well as other restrictions like age and money). Also how does one go about learning arabic (aside from the tears, sweat and blood of work)? Is there mosques or schools that can help teach arabic?

thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi and Greetings of peace to you!

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial towards yourself inshaa'Allaah - God Willingly..

No, you may ask Questions here, and the members will try their best to answer, so please do not hesitate to ask.

Alhamdulilaah - All praise is due to Allaah.. Allaah - The One God..Guided you to the righteous path of all prophets of God.

If you believe with sincerety that there is one God alone and that he has no partners, and that Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) is the final messenger of God, then you are already a muslim, but one step remaining is to take the testimony of faith, as it is one of the 5 pillars of Islaam.

Shahadah - Testimony of faith..

So if you believe the above, you would recite this in arabic "Ash-Hadu Anla Ilaha Illa-Allaah Wa Ash-Hadu Anna Muhammadan Rasool Allaah"

Translation : "I bear witness that there is no deity (none worthy of worship) except, Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allaah"..

Do not worry if you do not know any muslim's so far, but remember you have many brothers and sisters on this forum..so many brothers on here who may reside from the same place as yourself. So feel free to ask any questions you may have.

may Allaah SWT grant you and others who also want to, may he Allmighty grant them the opportunity to visit makkah and madinah in their blessed lifetime, Aameen

Maybe there are mosque's around your area where you could ask if they do arabic teaching sessions? At the mosque they teach children also how to learn arabic, so they would be able to help you inshaa'Allaah.

Also want to add, there are reverts on here, who recently accepted Islaam, I hope they can share their experiences here, so that it is of help to you.

I hope the best for you.

.. peace ..

ardianto
09-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Assalamu' alaikum.

Welcome to the forum, brother.

SFatima
09-14-2011, 11:42 AM
welcome to Ib, if you're from US, or anywhere, there is this Programme that teaches the basic arabic, I really like it and its good for americans esp.

Its the Learn Arabic programme By Rosetta stone, you can also find the whole programme from a reliable source on the internet and download it, takes quite a few hours but its worth it, and good enough if you can use a library to learn from this programme, it will come in really handy inshALlah.

I heard this whole set of CDs for this programme is quite expensive, like for 500 dollars, Look for online copies, you might just find one in reasonable cost.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AmineH
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Welcome brother . Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Riana17
09-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Welcome Brother :)

May the peace and blessings of Allah the Most High be with you and your family forever, Amen.

*Yasmin*
09-15-2011, 10:25 AM
welcome to the forum brother, hope you enjoy it here and find it beneficial..

alluminati
09-17-2011, 02:56 AM
thank you all very much, although i really have not much to begin with, i found a place to go for daily prayer in the city i am currently presiding in, talking to people should help with learning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!