/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dislike button

Asiyah3
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
:sl:

Can we please have a dislike button? like the |like| button.

In one way it can be beneficial, if trolls come and post on the forum, and we are told not to respond to their posts, but sometimes not responding feels like youre accepting what their saying and not condemning or doing anything about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Haya emaan
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
i agree with the brother.. this may spread hate among the members.. so better to be quite in situations where you dislike posts or use the negative rep option

Dagless
09-14-2011, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^You can use the rep button for that to 'disapprove' and leave a message too. And then use the report button.

The dislike feature, if possible, may be misused for other reasons too and may spread hate/ill feelings among the members, I feel.
But then why have a like button? If everyone uses the like button when they like a post and the rep button when they dislike one you'll just have all the new members on negative rep :D

*Yasmin*
09-14-2011, 01:28 PM
or you might add "drivel" button too :D .. just kidding..
i agree with brother Zak it may coz bad feelings between the members

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Having both reps and likes is redundant. I think one or the other should be removed.

With the like thing, for fairness, a dislike feature should be introduced ideally.

Innocent Soul
09-14-2011, 02:22 PM
You can use the rep button for that to 'disapprove' and leave a message too. And then use the report button.
Is that called giving negative reps? :hmm: What happens when someone gets negative rep :?

Haya emaan
09-14-2011, 02:26 PM
^his reputation is decreased

shible
09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
But then why have a like button? If everyone uses the like button when they like a post and the rep button when they dislike one you'll just have all the new members on negative rep
The reason for like button is sometime you might not be able to share rep or u might had jus shared rep for the brother/sister on their other post.

So that to show them you still liked their post they have given the " like " button.

moreover, it is always good to convey/share the joy than any hate.

Asiyah3
09-14-2011, 04:50 PM
^You can use the rep button for that to 'disapprove' and leave a message too. And then use the report button.
I've never used that button except in very extreme cases (anti-Islamic posts etc.) according to my memory. I think that would spread more hate feelings than the dislike button, if members were to use that whenever they dislike a post.

The dislike feature, if possible, may be misused for other reasons too and may spread hate/ill feelings among the members, I feel.
I understand. Then can we please have it named 'Disagree' instead of Dislike?

Edit: Other possible reasons for adding a Disagree/Dislike button:

Wasn't one of the purposes of this forum to clear misconceptions about Islam and Muslims?

Even on the forum sometimes we get "strange" members who don't represent the majority of us. With the like and dislike button we can express our condemnation or approval of the sayings of the members better.

Asiyah3
09-14-2011, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Having both reps and likes is redundant. I think one or the other should be removed.
With the like button members can publicly show that they like something.

Alpha Dude
09-14-2011, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
With the like button members can publicly show that they like something.
I think the rep system should really go then.

Asiyah3
09-14-2011, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I think the rep system should really go then.
Shouldn't visitor messaging go then too? We already have private messaging.

joyous fairy
09-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Assalam alaykum, Just to add a few points: As a newbie I cant use the rep system (btw, this might be slightly irrelevant, but can I see who has repped me and why? I dont know how to :blush: ), but I can use the 'like' button (another slightly irrelevant questiom, how can I delete/view notifications? Everytime I try a message comes up saying I cant). So it is a bit unfair just having a 'like' and no 'dislike', however, I agree that it may cause friction/problems on the forums so its best to leave it out. Also I think the liking of posts should only be done when someone writes a REALLY good post so that others know it has some benefit/good in it, rather than liking it for other reasons. At least then people can know what kind of posts are beneficial and can learn a few things too. Also, if you did bring a 'dislike' option peole might assume they have to like or dislike every post (I know that sounds silly but it could happen! :P ).

Who Am I?
09-14-2011, 10:16 PM

I want a "this makes me angry button".

You know, since I am the Angry White Guy and all... :D

Ramadhan
09-15-2011, 02:19 AM
I want a "meh" button.

I always wanted to say "meh"

Who Am I?
09-15-2011, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I want a "meh" button.

I always wanted to say "meh"
"Whatever"...

:p

I want a "Whatever" button too.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-15-2011, 05:17 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

What does 'meh' mean? does it have a meaning? Everytime I see someone use it in a sentence, it doesnt make sense to me

"I liked the shoes at the store, they are awesome meh" or " I didn't like them, they are rude meh" ^o)..or is it used in a diff way?

Ansariyah
09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
I want a 'you suck' button lol

Nah seriously if we have 'dislike' button imagine that's like calling for fitna and as Muslims we can't be mean to each other. There's nothing wrong with disagreements if we can share our side of the coin with respect.

Ghazalah
09-15-2011, 06:40 PM
I want a ''Ghazalah, you're the best'' button. :embarrass

Salahudeen
09-15-2011, 06:54 PM
I think it's a bad idea, we all ready have people having emotional outbursts and tantrums when someone disagrees with them, who knows what they'd do if someone also clicked the "dislike" button on their post :hmm:

joyous fairy
09-15-2011, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
As'Salaam Alaaykum

What does 'meh' mean? does it have a meaning? Everytime I see someone use it in a sentence, it doesnt make sense to me

"I liked the shoes at the store, they are awesome meh" or " I didn't like them, they are rude meh" ^o)..or is it used in a diff way?
I always thought it was like saying 'I dont care' or 'nevermind'.

For example: I forgot to do the washing. Meh, ill do it later. Or: I cant believe she actuually did that, meh, forget it.

GuestFellow
09-15-2011, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I think it's a bad idea, we all ready have people having emotional outbursts and tantrums when someone disagrees with them, who knows what they'd do if someone also clicked the "dislike" button on their post :hmm:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE MOO!

YOU DON'T LISTEN TO ME! YOU DON'T LIKE ME! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL BUT I GUESS NOT!

CHOCOLATE! I  WANTED VANILLA NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME I HATE YOU DAD, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'M RUNNING AWAY FOREVER! *cries*

Anyway, I don't think a dislike button is a good idea. If it was introduced, I wouldn't use it. I never even used the bad rep thing...

جوري
09-16-2011, 12:18 AM
^^ :haha: I think I just got that :p

Ramadhan
09-16-2011, 02:20 AM
s'Salaam Alaaykum

"I liked the shoes at the store, they are awesome meh" or " I didn't like them, they are rude meh" ..or is it used in a diff way?
"meh" is used to express indifference, in similar way to "yea..whatever"

Asiyah3
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I think this thread can be closed now.

format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
True.

SFatima
09-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I like how it is, but i dont like it how you have to spread around reputation so much before giving it to the same person again :/

Who Am I?
09-16-2011, 05:15 PM
"I'm pretty sure that this sucks".... button.

piXie
09-17-2011, 10:13 PM
I was wondering if we could have a Delete button so we can delete our own posts without requesting/bothering the mods. :hmm: They have it on almaghrib forums and I personally found it really useful.

Re.TiReD
09-17-2011, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
I was wondering if we could have a Delete button so we can delete our own posts without requesting/bothering the mods. :hmm: They have it on almaghrib forums and I personally found it really useful.
I absolutely strongly disagree with you there :D

I'd like a 'Bleh' button please

piXie
09-17-2011, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
lol why?

Argh this message entered too short notification can be annoying.

Re.TiReD
09-17-2011, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
lol why?

Argh this message entered too short can be annoying.
I don't really, I think its a fantastic idea but I don't think the mods will ever agree :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-17-2011, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...

I'd like a 'Bleh' button please
As'Salaam Alaaykum

I also agree..

I have this weird habit of deleting or editing out my posts as i later realise the post i made was pointless/useless..i'll probably end up editing this one aswell.

Re.TiReD
09-17-2011, 10:24 PM

As'Salaam Alaaykum

I also agree..

I have this weird habit of deleting or editing out my posts as i later realise the post i made was pointless/useless..i'll probably end up editing this one aswell.
There's really no point now that I've quoted you :p

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 11:23 PM

I like the "Like" button.

I dislike the "Dislike" button. If it was ever introduced, I'd never use it.

That's because my striving is always to see the good in others... and if there isn't any good that I can see, then to:

1. ignore it.

2. make excuses for the person who said it.

But I'd never OPENLY express dislike for something. It's kind of like dishonoring my fellow brother/sister in faith.

One should show appreciation.... so the LIKE button is a great idea.

One shouldn't criticize.... so the DISLIKE button, according to me.... isn't a great idea.

Tyrion
09-18-2011, 12:21 AM
The Like button is already abused, so I don't think adding a dislike button would be appropriate... (There's a reason FB never implemented one...) Tbh, the Like button can (and is) used fairly often to do the same thing a Dislike button would do... (for example, someone says something, and another person responds to them and shoots down their ideas... Then that post that disagreed and called someone out is liked by tons of people... Kind of says the same thing as people "disliking" the first post... make sense?)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!