/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary

جوري
09-15-2011, 01:19 AM
'Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary (VIDEO)

The Huffington Post First Posted: 9/14/11 04:03 PM ET Updated: 9/14/11 04:43 PM ET

A Muslim Texas man complained to a local restaurant after he allegedly found a "Happy September 11th" drawing inscribed on his takeout box.
Tarek Ghalayani had gone to Petrol Station restaurant to watch a football game with a friend, ABC 13 reports. He ordered a burger to-go, and subsequently found the crude message accompanied with a drawing of a plane flying into the World Trade Center.
Petrol Station owner Ben Fullelove fired the bartender thought to be involved after the incident occurred, according to Houston's ABC 13.
"I just don't understand how somebody could think that's a joke. I mean, it's not a joke. It's not how I run my business," Fullelove told San Antonio's KENS 5 News.
After leaving the restaurant, the patron recounted the incident on restaurant review site, Yelp.com, writing that the bartender called the two men foul names and continued mocking them as they walked out of the establishment, the New York Daily News points out.
Ghalayani said he was working near the World Trade Center on 9/11 and was highly insulted by the doodle as a Muslim, but first and foremost, as an American.
Ghalayani updated his post the next day, adding that he and Fullelove had spoken more about the incident and the owner sounded sincere in his apology. He wrote: "I am looking forward to putting this to rest - I suppose only time will tell if the changes stick. I'm hopeful they will."
To hear more from the victim and restaurant owner, view ABC 13's report below.

http://www.aol.com/2011/09/14/muslim...1_lnk3%7C95637

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-15-2011, 01:20 AM
another reason we should only eat halal ..you never know who's doing what to your burger.. I doubt the tasteless drawing was the only offense committed here..

MartyrX
09-15-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm glad he got an apology, but it's disgusting it happened in the first place.

جوري
09-15-2011, 01:40 AM
reading people's comments are equally upsetting.. I guess anonymity enables many to show just how deep their bigotry and inside ugliness..
This feeling won't go away.. whenever I try to quell it a little I am made painfully aware of it through a heinous act such as above and most of the time it is almost applauded.. people are lucky if they get an apology at all.. It is as if we've to apologize to them for exiting ...imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
09-15-2011, 01:48 AM
I try to stay away from the comments. It's infuriating to read those hateful comments.

Abz2000
09-15-2011, 02:41 AM
they both seem lost - since none of them seem to have bothered to research the facts of that day,
That bartender seemed thick and That burger buyer guy seems confused:
"as a Muslim, but first and foremost, as an American"
How silly is that?
Islam means submission to God, and America is a land that God has created.
He holds the land in more esteem than the one who created it?
No wonder he went to the newspapers to help them spread disinformation on 9/11, since the mass media are covering up the facts and are therefore complicit.

Ramadhan
09-15-2011, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I try to stay away from the comments. It's infuriating to read those hateful comments.
yep. That's what I do. Especially on youtubes. But even on the so called respectable websites, the comments just read something a 5 yo cro magnon would write.

Tyrion
09-15-2011, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
reading people's comments are equally upsetting.. I guess anonymity enables many to show just how deep their bigotry and inside ugliness..
Welcome to the internet. :p:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!