/* */

PDA

View Full Version : please clarify this Hadith for me

ufaq
09-15-2011, 10:54 AM
asalamalaikum
please clarify the following Hadith for me ...

Sahih Muslim Book 024,
Hadith Number 5203.
Clothes and Decorations
Chapter : It is forbidden to
walk with pride, over
pleased with fine clothes.
Abu Huraira reported that
Allah's Messenger (may
peace be upon him) said that
there was a person who
used to walk with pride because of his thick hair
and fine mantles. He was made to sink in the earth
and he would go on sinking
in the earth until the Last Hour would come.

what does it mean by sinking in the earth? does it mean sinking down the bottom of earth or the inner core of earth ...
will that man reach the bottom of the earth before the day of resurrection? i mean is earth so deep that the man would keep on sinking into it till the day of resurrection?

wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I've read an explanation to this hadith a long time ago. Can't remember the details, but in general, it means the status of such person is lowered by Allah SWT

Abz2000
09-15-2011, 08:23 PM
18. "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster.
19. "And be moderate in thy pace, and lower thy voice; for the harshest of sounds without doubt is the braying of the ass."
(Quran 31:18-19)

it doesn't mean you shouldn't wear nice clothes - as the prophet wore nice clothes.
it means you don't lord yourself over people out of pride.

it may have been referring to Qarun:

Verily, Qarun (Korah) was of Musa's (Moses) people, but he behaved arrogantly towards them.
And We gave him of the treasures, that of which the keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men.
Remember when his people said to him:
"Do not exult (with riches, being ungrateful to Allah).
Verily Allah likes not those who exult (with riches, being ungrateful to Allah).
"But seek with that (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on you, the home of the Hereafter,
and forget not your portion of lawful enjoyment in this world,' and do good as Allah has been good to you,
and seek not mischief in the land.
Verily, Allah likes not the Mufsidun (those who commit great crimes and sins, oppressors, tyrants, mischief-makers, corrupters)."

"This has been given to me only because of the knowledge I possess."

Did he not know that Allah had destroyed before him generations, men who were stronger than him in might
and greater in the amount (of riches) they had collected?
But the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners) will not be questioned of their sins

So he went forth before his people in his pomp.

Those who were desirous of the life of the world, said:

"Ah, would that we had the like of what Qarun (Korah) has been given! Verily he is the owner of a great fortune."

But those who had been given knowledge said:

"Woe to you! The Reward of Allah is better for those who believe and do righteous good deeds,
and this none shall attain except those who are AsSabirun (the patient and constant in following the truth).

"So We caused the earth to swallow him and his dwelling place.
Then he had no group or party to help him against Allah, nor was he one of those who could save themselves.

And those who had desired (for a position like) his position the day before, began to say:
"Know you not that it is Allah Who enlarges the provision or restricts it to whomsoever He pleases of His slaves.
Had it not been that Allah was Gracious to us, He could have caused the earth to swallow us up (also)!
Know you not that the disbelievers will never be successful.
" That home of the Hereafter (i.e. Paradise), We shall assign to those who rebel not against the truth with pride and
oppression in the land nor do mischief by committing crimes.
And the good end is for the Muttaqun (the pious and righteous persons)}.
(Al-*Qasas, 76-83)

we don't know if his body was found, or if he rotted, or if he's slowly sinking like in a marsh.
but it would be difficult to explain to disbelievers that Almighty God can preserve bodies of people with no mummification.

ufaq
09-30-2011, 06:53 AM
thank you brother ... May Allah reward you !Wasalam ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!