/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to the Highest Level of Jannah?

Moneeb
09-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I really badly wanna be in the highest level of Jannah. I wanna meet the Prophets(Peace be upon all of them), the early Muslims and see Allah's Throne! I pray and make Duaa for Allah to help me and others to get there. What are ways to get there? How do I get there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-18-2011, 03:53 PM
:sl: I'd say do all the obligatory acts, avoid all manner of sins and repent often. On top of this, do everything else in your ability to gain the love, happiness and acceptance of Allah. So, abundance of: dhikr, dua, istighfaar, tahajjud, quran recitation, following of all possible sunan, taking positive steps toward character reformation etc.

In short, an abundance of any and every act of worship and devotion with due sincerity.

Endymion
09-18-2011, 04:11 PM
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Abu Dawud Book 41, Hadith 4782)

Asiyah3
09-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Give people their rights. Don't look for other people's shortcomings. Be humble. Don't backbite nor say hurtful words. Speak the truth, always, in bigger and smaller matters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
09-18-2011, 05:13 PM
:sl: Masha Allah. Ameen.

Learn the Quran. By that I mean it's recitation and meaning (if you don't already know it) and abide by Allah's commands. Adhere to the Sunnah and do voluntary acts of ibadah. Be kind to parents, relatives, neighbours, people and animals. Visit the sick. Make dua for others in their absence. Keep your heart clean and forgiving.

Don't lie, cheat, deceive, not even non muslims. Do not deal with interest (riba). Read Seeratun Nabi. Help others in the community. Run from gossip and backbiting. Don't make hurtful comments even in jokes. Don't hoard wealth , but spend it in the way of Allah. Don't live for the duniya, live for the hereafter. Be grateful for all you have. Be patient in adversity. Gain knowledge of Islam. And finally invite others to Islam because Allah is worthy of us calling others to worship Him alone.

Insaanah
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Moneeb
I wanna meet the Prophets (Peace be upon all of them), the early Muslims

Muhsin Khan
And whoso obeys Allah and the Messenger, then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqun (those followers of the Prophets who were first and foremost to believe in them, like Abu Bakr As-Siddiq), the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are! (Qur'an 4:69)

May we all be of those granted such excellent company, ameen.

Snowflake
09-18-2011, 07:05 PM
^Ameen

Not forgetting that whatever you do should only be for the pleasure of Allah.

Flame of Hope
09-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I really badly wanna be in the highest level of Jannah. I wanna meet the Prophets(Peace be upon all of them), the early Muslims and see Allah's Throne! I pray and make Duaa for Allah to help me and others to get there. What are ways to get there? How do I get there?

Mashallah! What a beautiful thing to desire!

A saying goes "Desire is the starting point of all achievement."

Since you've already demonstrated that you have this desire, you have already begun your journey.

You wanna know how to get there? The only way to get there is through Allah's help and guidance. There is no other way.

Your question thus can be answered by considering who are the people that Allah helps and guides?

They are those who seek knowledge.

This is what the Qur'an has to say:

“Allâh will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge” - [al-Mujaadilah 58:11]

...and this is a hadith of Abu Darda:

“If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, Allah will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise.

The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge, the inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man.

The superiority of the learned man over the worshipper is like that of the moon, on the night when it is full, over the rest of the stars. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets, and the Prophets leave neither dinar nor dirham, leaving only knowledge, and he who takes it takes a big fortune.” - [Abu Dawud]

--------------------

tigerkhan
09-19-2011, 03:47 AM
the highest rank of janah will be for Prophets PBUT and then for the people who are much more like them. whose life spent in worshiping allah swt, seeking ilm, dawa and juhud fi sabillah.
allah swt knows the best
:wa:

Flame of Hope
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Know that the highest ranks in Jannah are exclusively reserved for THE SINCERE.

Also know that the most difficult thing to achieve is sincerity..(ikhlaas). The only way to reach that level is by seeking knowledge.

Which by the way makes me add.... that if the highest level in Jannah is reserved for the sincere.... the lowest level in Hell is reserved for those who are opposite of sincere. The hypocrites.

Strive therefore to avoid hypocrisy in all your actions. Be true in word and deed, practise what you preach and never speak without knowledge.

It matters not that you do not get the highest place in Jannah.

Being admitted to Jannah without reckoning is the main concern... and if you are successful in just this, it would be the grandest achievement.

Abz2000
09-20-2011, 08:52 PM
by wanting to be with them,

balarrafeeqil A'la

Hamza Asadullah
09-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Asalaamu alaikum, Mashallah we should all yearn for a place in the highest level of Jannah for there will be utter regret on the day of judgement when people will be shown their achievements for they will realise what that they could have achieved so much more. We must live each day doing everything to please Allah and worship him because he is worthy of all worship for when he reveals his beautiful face to us in Jannah we will then truly realise that he deserved so much more from us.

So let us take action now and increase ourselves in worship and in doing everything to please Allah for the higher the Paradise we acheive the more we can see Allahs face. Some in the highest levels of Jannah will see his face each day. Subhanallah may Allah make us of those people for thete is NO pleasure in Jannah greater than seeing the face of our very creator.

Please visit this thread to help us gain the highest levels of Jannah:

30 Ways of gaining the highest ranks of Jannah

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ks-jannah.html

Moneeb
01-01-2012, 03:54 PM
JazakAllah Khair
May Allah reward you!
Thank you everyone

Hamza Asadullah
01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham

It matters not that you do not get the highest place in Jannah.

Being admitted to Jannah without reckoning is the main concern... and if you are successful in just this, it would be the grandest achievement.
Asalaamu alaikum, actually my dear sister it does matter that we get into the highest ranks of Jannah because the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said that we should ask for Allah in every dua for Jannatul firdaus for firdaus is the highest level of Jannah and if we fail to achieve it then it will be a source a great regret for us on the day of judgement, only because we had the opportunity in this world of making for ourselves an eternal place in the highest part of Jannah but instead we chased worldly pursuits and chose this world over the next. Choosing this world over the next is sacrificing a high place in Paradise.

Each level in Jannah is far from similar. One level higher is like a distant star and it is far superior than its lower level. So in order to gain it we must foresake any love we have for this world and live for the hereafter and do everything to please Allah and refrain from anything which angers or displeases him particularly the major sins and also have good intentions in everything we do and as you mentioned to be as sincere as we can be in our good actions.

Therefore we must strive to do everything to in this life to get a place there for ourselves and let NO ONE think it is not possible because our life until death is the opportunity to gain a place there. For the higher our place in Paradise the more we can see and meet Allah and there is NO greater reward in Jannah than with meeing Allah.

Therefore let our incentive be to earn the highest place in Jannah just so that we can see and meet with Allah more. What do we have to do to gain this and countless other pleasures for eternity? To sacrifice this world for the next and spend the little time we have in Allah's service. WHAT A BARGAIN!!!

Flame of Hope
01-02-2012, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu alaikum, actually my dear sister it does matter that we get into the highest ranks of Jannah because the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said that we should ask for Allah in every dua for Jannatul firdaus for firdaus is the highest level of Jannah and if we fail to achieve it then it will be a source a great regret for us on the day of judgement, only because we had the opportunity in this world of making for ourselves an eternal place in the highest part of Jannah but instead we chased worldly pursuits and chose this world over the next. Choosing this world over the next is sacrificing a high place in Paradise.

Each level in Jannah is far from similar. One level higher is like a distant star and it is far superior than its lower level. So in order to gain it we must foresake any love we have for this world and live for the hereafter and do everything to please Allah and refrain from anything which angers or displeases him particularly the major sins and also have good intentions in everything we do and as you mentioned to be as sincere as we can be in our good actions.

Therefore we must strive to do everything to in this life to get a place there for ourselves and let NO ONE think it is not possible because our life until death is the opportunity to gain a place there. For the higher our place in Paradise the more we can see and meet Allah and there is NO greater reward in Jannah than with meeing Allah.

Therefore let our incentive be to earn the highest place in Jannah just so that we can see and meet with Allah more. What do we have to do to gain this and countless other pleasures for eternity? To sacrifice this world for the next and spend the little time we have in Allah's service. WHAT A BARGAIN!!!

To ask for the highest reward in Jannah means nothing if our words and deeds do not prove that we are striving toward that goal.

The highest reward in Jannah goes to people like Abu Bakr, Umar, Ali, the martyrs of Badr, Uhud, the righteous scholars and saliheen.

Where are we near such people in righteousness and striving?

To be able to escape just being thrown into Hell would be sufficient for me.

I care not if I do not get the highest level in Jannah. But I do worry about being thrown into Hell.

If Allah sends me to Jannah without reckoning, I'd be super happy with that, even if it isn't the highest level in Jannah.

Hamza Asadullah
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM

To ask for the highest reward in Jannah means nothing if our words and deeds do not prove that we are striving toward that goal.
Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

Using your logic then why do we repent if we keep sinning? Why do we keep asking of Allah when we don't show by our actions that our duas deserve to be accepted? Regardless of whether we are striving towards it or not we should still ask for forgiveness,we should keep asking of Allah, and we should also ask him for the highest place in Jannah just as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) advised us to:

...if you ask Allah for anything, ask Him for the firdaus, for it is the last part of Paradise and the highest part of Paradise, and at its top there is the Throne of Beneficent, and from it gush forth the rivers of Paradise.”

Bukhari (Book #93, Hadith #519)

Subhanallah then everyone one of us should from now on ask for firdaus regardless of how much effort we are making for it maybe that Allah gives us the ability to strive towards it.

We should ask Allah: Oh Allaah grant me the highest place in Jannah if I am worthy, and if I am not worthy then make me worthy of the highest place in Jannah. Ameen

The highest reward in Jannah goes to people like Abu Bakr, Umar, Ali, the martyrs of Badr, Uhud, the righteous scholars and saliheen.

Where are we near such people in righteousness and striving?
Consider the following:

Abu Sa’eed al Khudri [ra] narrated that the Prophet [Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam] said:

“The people of Jannah will look at the dwellers of the lofty mansions (a superior place in Jannah) in the same way as one looks at a brilliant star far away in the East or in the West on the horizon. That is because of their superiority over one another (in rewards).” Because of that, the people said, “Oh Allah’s Messenger! Are these lofty mansions the prophets mansions which nobody else can reach?” The Prophet [saw] replied, “By Allah, in whose hands my life is, some men who believe in Allah and trust His Messengers will be able to reach them.” [Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]

This hadith proves that the top ranks are not just for the the Prophets and Sahaba but normal Muslim can also make it to the top ranks of Jannah.

To be able to escape just being thrown into Hell would be sufficient for me.

I care not if I do not get the highest level in Jannah. But I do worry about being thrown into Hell.

If Allah sends me to Jannah without reckoning, I'd be super happy with that, even if it isn't the highest level in Jannah.

It is easy to say right now that you will care not but everyone of us will be in utter regret on the day of judgement for what we could have achieved:

“Every gulp of air that goes out in a cause other than the cause of Allah will turn to sorrow and regret on the Day of Judgement.” – Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

“The Inhabitants of Paradise will not be grief stricken or sorrowful about anything they did in the life of the world except for the time they spent without being in the remembrance of Allah” (Tabaraani)

We will deeply regret not being able to achieve higher ranks. So let no one decieve themselves into thinking they won't be.

May Allah enable us to achieve the highest ranks of Jannah. Ameen

Insaanah
01-02-2012, 09:32 PM

This hadith proves that the top ranks are not just for the the Prophets and Sahaba but normal Muslim can also make it to the top ranks of Jannah.
This is shown in the first 11 ayaat of Surah al-Mu'minoon, and possibly in other places:
  1. Certainly will the believers have succeeded:
  2. They who are during their prayer humbly submissive
  3. And they who turn away from ill speech
  4. And they who are observant of zakah
  5. And they who guard their private parts
  6. Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -
  7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors -
  8. And they who are to their trusts and their promises attentive
  9. And they who carefully maintain their prayers -
  10. Those are the inheritors
  11. Who will inherit al-Firdaus. They will abide therein eternally.

I also seem to recall a hadeeth but cannot find the reference, that on the Day of Judgement, there will be two men, with the same weight of deeds, one will enter Jannatul Firdous, and one won't, entering another level of Jannah instead. The one who doesn't enter Jannatul Firdous will ask how come the other man went into Firdous and he didn't? And it will be said to him, "He used to ask for Firdous." If anyone has a reference for this please do share.

.if you ask Allah for anything, ask Him for the firdaus, for it is the last part of Paradise and the highest part of Paradise, and at its top there is the Throne of Beneficent, and from it gush forth the rivers of Paradise.”
اللهم إنّي أسألك جنّة الفردوس

O Allah, I ask you for Jannat al Firdous.

Flame of Hope
01-02-2012, 11:57 PM

I do ask Allah for the following:

"Oh Allah, grant me good in this world and in the Hereafter and save me from the torment of Hell Fire."

"Rabbana, aataynaa fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil aakhirati hasanatan wa qinna adhaaban naar!!"

This is the du'aa that the Prophet (saws) used to recite most frequently. (refer Riyadh-us-Saliheen).

And this is the du'aa I recite most frequently as well.

I'm certainly not stopping anybody else from asking Allah for the highest place in Jannah.

I ask for the highest place in Jannah as well. But I do know that I have a lot of work to do to make myself worthy of receiving that sort of reward.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!