/* */

PDA

View Full Version : cleaning the computer

جوري
09-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Does anyone have a program that will clean my registry and remove damaged files.. I have anti-virus programs etc but it is still very slow.. I seem to go through lap-tops quite fast :embarrass it is disturbing..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nate
09-17-2011, 04:51 AM
Google Malwarebytes get the free version its one of the best, I use it for one of the programs to clean customer computers that are infected

Nate
09-17-2011, 04:54 AM
if you go to the Start Menu then in the search bar type MSCONFIG then hit enter, a startup utility will come up, if you got to the STARTUP tab and unchek every but the antivirus and windows OS files. hit apply and restart the computer will be faster, DONT CHANGE AND THING IN THE OTHER TABS

Samiun
09-17-2011, 05:01 AM
:sl: download CC Cleaner, just untick clear history file on your mozilla or internet explorer (which ever is important) which I didn't do and cost me lots of precious data loss ie passwords, usernames, links. Or get the PC booster by Uni Blue which are available widely on youtube for free(crack)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-17-2011, 05:11 AM
I have crap cleaner just don't think it is getting all the nooks and crannies..

Salahudeen
09-17-2011, 07:09 AM
^Are you performing routine maintenance tasks like defragging your hard drive and disk check?

Ramadhan
09-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Yep CCleaner is the best http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/. I use it regularly.
In addition, you may also want to employ ad aware which removes malwares and spywares http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Fr...-10045910.html

جوري
09-17-2011, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
^Are you performing routine maintenance tasks like defragging your hard drive and disk check?
Never .. I suspect that's why all my laptops have met with a certain early retirement

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Yep CCleaner is the best http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/. I use it regularly.
In addition, you may also want to employ ad aware which removes malwares and spywares http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Fr...-10045910.html
Jazakaa Allah khyran akhi :D

Dagless
09-17-2011, 03:33 PM
There's nothing like a fresh install :p Which OS are you using?

Salahudeen
09-17-2011, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
Never .. I suspect that's why all my laptops have met with a certain early retirement

Jazakaa Allah khyran akhi :D

Here's a video showing you how to defrag your hard drive.

جوري
09-17-2011, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
There's nothing like a fresh install :p Which OS are you using?
Now you must know that I have no idea what that means.. let's put it this way every time one of my puters is on its last breath .. I complain to my bro.. I get a new one with everything including all my old files installed.. May Allah swt bless him and keep him from harm.. but that is the reality of it.. I just don't want to bug him so soon, this one I have had for a year and was deliciously shiny and gorgeous when I got it.. now the keyboard after several spills akin to the exxon valdez I have to press on some letters for ten seconds before they show up on screen.. :embarrass:shade:

Dagless
09-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Now you must know that I have no idea what that means.. let's put it this way every time one of my puters is on its last breath .. I complain to my bro.. I get a new one with everything including all my old files installed.. May Allah swt bless him and keep him from harm.. but that is the reality of it.. I just don't want to bug him so soon, this one I have had for a year and was deliciously shiny and gorgeous when I got it.. now the keyboard after several spills akin to the exxon valdez I have to press on some letters for ten seconds before they show up on screen.. :embarrass:shade:
You back up all your data first. Then boot off the cd/dvd you got with your pc which contains the operating system and then follow the instructions on screen for a nice fresh install. From what you say this should save you a few thousand dollars. If you use your laptop mainly for the net then it should be lasting you far more than a year.
You should be able to remove the keys and give it a good clean (but take a photo of where they all went, and depending on the model there is a knack for getting them back on).

Salahudeen
09-17-2011, 03:48 PM
You back up all your data first. Then boot off the cd/dvd you got with your pc which contains the operating system and then follow the instructions on screen for a nice fresh install. From what you say this should save you a few thousand dollars. If you use your laptop mainly for the net then it should be lasting you far more than a year.
You should be able to remove the keys and give it a good clean (but take a photo of where they all went, and depending on the model there is a knack for getting them back on).
This is technical language bro she will be lost with this I think :p

جوري
09-17-2011, 03:49 PM
interesting.. I shall insha'Allah.. I didn't know you can remove the keys.. just want to install a fresh keyboard.. I am very abusive to my computers.. every time I get a new one I promise myself I'll be good to it and love it, but sooner or later it finds itself at the abusive end of my unforgiving anger :hmm:
wu wo woe

Salahudeen
09-17-2011, 03:52 PM

interesting.. I shall insha'Allah.. I didn't know you can remove the keys.. just want to install a fresh keyboard.. I am very abusive to my computers.. every time I get a new one I promise myself I'll be good to it and love it, but sooner or later it finds itself at the abusive end of my unforgiving anger :hmm:
wu wo woe
wuuuu saaa wuuu saaaa I don't know what's under my keyboard, if I lifted all the keys off I'd probably find some interesting stuff ;D

جوري
09-17-2011, 03:56 PM
wuuuu saaa wuuu saaaa I don't know what's under my keyboard, if I lifted all the keys off I'd probably find some interesting stuff ;D
tell me about it.. but I have been watching those swiffer commercials and starting to love those filthy guys..

love the whole series including the aussie that lives in the wires :haha:

Salahudeen
09-17-2011, 03:58 PM
tell me about it.. but I have been watching those swiffer commercials and starting to love those filthy guys..

love the whole series including the aussie that lives in the wires :haha:

:lol::awesome: I have to get me one of them!!! I have loads of those little men in my keyboard :nervous:

جوري
09-17-2011, 03:59 PM
:lol::awesome: I have to get me one of them!!! I have loads of those little men in my keyboard :nervous:
mine for sure are animated and uber sticky ..:D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-17-2011, 04:48 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Also does formatting help keep the computer clean? always worked for me, but is time consuming at times i guess, maybe depending on the quality of the pc..aswell as having the anti spyware and anti virus softwares installed and upto date..

I'm thinking formatting removes the installed pro's though, right? or is it a bad idea as a whole?

Salahudeen
09-17-2011, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Also does formatting help keep the computer clean? always worked for me, but is time consuming at times i guess, maybe depending on the quality of the pc..aswell as having the anti spyware and anti virus softwares installed and upto date..

I'm thinking formatting removes the installed pro's though, right? or is it a bad idea as a whole?
Formatting erases everything!! and you have to reinstall Windows then, if you format make sure you back everything up on an external storage device like USB stick or cd/dvd or external hard drive.

Abz2000
09-17-2011, 08:56 PM
forget formatting if you're worried about losing programs and files - un-install all the programs you don't need from add or remove in control panel, run msconfig to remove un-necessary startup programs as described above, also insert your windows disc, run a repair instead of reformat re-install, it will reorganise all your windows files etc,
then go into computer properties,
advanced system settings,
advanced,
in the performance box, hit settings,
advanced,
in the virtual memory box - hit change
under custom size - make it something like 10000mb initial size and 15000mb maximum size, or less or more depending on how much hard disk space you can set aside
hit "set",
click ok,
this will increase the paging file area on your hard drive, uses it like ram to read faster,

but the best option is malwarebytes to clean all types of malware your antivirus can't detect,
you can get it from cnet.com - the free one's great,
you can also remove ad-ons you don't need in your browser.
and also clean your temporary files.

the best option is a reformat and re-install,
dunno why you change your laptop just coz of software issues,
once re-formatted and re-installed - it's back to factory settings,
and ccleaner is also a useful tool for decluttering since it does a lot of the work without you having to do it manually

apologies for the low video quality - it takes billions of years to upload to yt otherwise

if you get stuck - ask,

Samiun
09-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I knew every 1 would recommend cc cleaner which is why I posted first.

Regarding the defragments method mentioned by the posts above, would it better to use other software to defrag or manually. Personally, I've tried using disk keeper and uniblue pc boost products and it does a pretty good job.I rarely use my own system file to defrag my computer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!