/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to prevent myself crying

anonymous
09-18-2011, 11:10 AM
asalamu alaikum

I was asked to deliver an Islamic course and I agreed because I wasn’t able to refuse.I do not have a problem with public speaking al-hamdu lillah, but sometimes when I am speaking about Allah,I feel very overwhelmed and emotional until I am too overcome to speak. It happened last time I was giving a talk also and it was extremely embarrassing.Now I’m afraid of it happening againimsad How can I prevent this? Any advice will be appreciated.The talks next sunday.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
09-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Salam Alaikkum Sister

When it comes to Allah (swt) no one will have legs to stand
Try to focus inshallah so you will deliver the message properly, but If you cant avoid crying, there is no harm in that as long as it wont be a long cry :D

Let us not misunderestimate your tears, if you become too emotional, you might leave a great mark to your audience too if they feel your sincerity, so why not?

Goodluck inshallah, and may Allah reward you the best of this world and the hereafter, Amen.

marwen
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Assalamu Alaykom.

I think it's a blessing if Allah gave you a soft heart and such a level of imaan, may Allah keep you steadfast. I don't think it's a problem.
But if you think it's embarrassing to be overwhelmed with tears in front of people, may be if you prepare yourself emotionnally you can prevent it,
for example if you think that such verse or such idea will make you very emotional, prepare yourself before saying it.

And as I said, it's a blessing so do not try to stop it, especially when you are alone. Actually we all wish to have such a level of faith, but unfortunately sometimes our hearts become hard because of everyday's life, so when such spiritual moments come we should take advantage from it

Allah S.W.T says :
------------------
"They only are the (true) believers whose hearts feel fear when Allah is mentioned, and when revelations of Allah are recited unto them they increase their faith, and who trust in their Lord"
[Al-Anfal : 2].

"Say: Believe therein or believe not, lo! those who were given knowledge before it, when it is read unto them, fall down prostrate on their faces, adoring, (107) Saying: Glory to our Lord! Verily the promise of our Lord must be fulfilled. (108) They fall down on their faces, weeping, and it increaseth humility in them. (109)"
[Al-Israa' : 107-109].

A hadeeth :
-----------
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Seven people Allah will give them His Shade on the Day when there would be no shade but the Shade of His Throne (i.e., on the Day of Resurrection): And they are: a just ruler; a youth who grew up with the worship of Allah; a person whose heart is attached to the mosques, two men who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah; a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer and) says: `I fear Allah'; a man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given; and a man who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes become tearful".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Snowflake
09-18-2011, 01:51 PM
:sl:

Please don't try to stop it or prevent it. I find this to be so beautiful and a blessing. In fact I wish there were more people like you. Seeing the effect
that talking about Allah has on you can help someone else reflect on who Allah is, what our relationship with Him is. Glorified and Praised is He. Please don't try to stop it. It's beautiful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
asalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakumAllahu Khairan for your replies al-hamdu lillah the talk went well and I was able to deliver it without feeling overwhelmed. I appreciate everybody’s advice (and the beautiful verses&hadith by brother marwen) may Allah grant you all optimum success &happiness in this life and the next. I guess I was just worried because last time it was so bad I had to hand it over to someone else. Maybe because I was under a lot of pressure at the time and the topic was also very emotional wallahu ta’ala a’lam

Snowflake
09-25-2011, 02:40 PM
:sl:

Al hamdulillah it went well for you. Ameen to your duaas, and may Allah give you the same dear sis. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!