/* */

PDA

View Full Version : R dragOnS real?

Samiun
09-18-2011, 01:52 PM
:sl: yes, yes they are. Infact, it is widely use in fictional stories in south-east Asia especially Indonesia where people are familiar with it. Many stories about dragons are fictional, but after discovering they were real perhaps some of it are true Surprisingly, some people frm the west(such as England) also believed in this mythical creature and have lots of tales about it. Truth is stranger than fiction ehh??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UovE4fMNwiQ

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdussattar
09-18-2011, 02:36 PM
This post makes me laugh...

ardianto
09-18-2011, 03:27 PM
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/...ragon-1880.jpg

European dragon

http://s3files.core77.com/blog/image...dragon-red.jpg

Chinese dragon

joyous fairy
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Dragons are real in the Magical world :O

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
09-19-2011, 11:40 AM
:sl:, hurmmmmm you guys didn't even watch the documentary that have proof of it :shade:

Muezzin
09-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Komodo Dragons are real.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is (played by a) real (actress).

Who Am I?
09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
:sl:

Ah, this thread. Excellent.

I have done much research on this topic. Much of it when I used to drink heavily, but that is beside the point.

The following is all the opinion of the Angry White Guy, and should not be regarded as actual fact. But if you don't agree, then you suck. ;D

Many cultures have stories of fantastic monsters. Many of these monsters are called "dragons". But if you read the descriptions of monsters, you will find that many of them resemble real creatures that actually existed, only they are now called "dinosaurs". The word "dinosaur" did not exist until the 19th century, but if you read any of the old stories and replace the word "dragon" with "dinosaur" the stories still make perfect sense.

Even the Bible talks about dinosaurs, in the book of Job. Leviathan and Behemoth. Some Biblical scholars have interpreted these stories as descriptions of crocodiles or hippos, but there is no way that those stories describe those animals. Hippos do not have "tails like cedars".

The Qur'an does not mention dinosaurs, but that doesn't mean that they didn't exist. We have the fossil evidence to prove that they did exist.

Now the hard part to accept comes if you believe the popular scientific theory of dinosaurs. Popular scientific opinion is that dinosaurs died out long before humans existed. So there is no way that humans could have fought and killed these "dragons" according to popular science.

So then where did the stories come from?

Abz2000
09-20-2011, 02:35 AM
i've got a feeling they did exist - and one head of dragons remains - his name is Satan
explains why it's been worshipped through the ages.
and from their reverence and descriptions - it seems to be a serpent with arms, legs and wings in it's physical form.
it's also used as doublethink in avatar.
some still revere it:

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea,
having seven heads and ten horns,
and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion:
and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Revelation 13:1-2

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon,
having seven heads and ten horns,
and seven crowns upon his heads.
Revelation 12:3

The Union Jack, the most famous national flag in the world, may soon be changed for the first time in 200 years to incorporate the Welsh flag,
which features The Red Dragon

(Welsh: "Y Ddraig Goch").

The Union Jack was created in 1606 by the Scotsman King James I (of England&Wales) VII (of Scotland).

Let the debate begin, let the rest of the world know that the iconic symbol of the United Kingdom may change

Ian Lucas, Wrexham's MP

Anyone interested in this subject must visit my babylon page and scroll down:
http://abz2000.com/Babylon.aspx

ardianto
09-20-2011, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
hurmmmmm you guys didn't even watch the documentary that have proof of it
Which proof ? the plastic wrapped dead dragon ?. That was a movie property, this has been quite often discussed.

marwen
09-20-2011, 10:10 AM
When it comes to dragons I always had this question :
does the idea/concept of dragon involve emitting fire from his mouth ?
-- If NO, then any real animal (similar to dragon) could be the origin of the idea of dragon (comodo dragon, big snakes, dinausaurs, etc.)
-- If YES, then how to explain the existence of fire in his mouth. Couldn't that be considered as if the idea of dragon holds its own anti-thesis (the proof of its falsity) ?

Ramadhan
09-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Komodo dragon actually has extremely deadly saliva, it contains a mixture of deadly microbes that if one is bitten and the saliva gets into the wound, the victims would be dead within less than an hour if not treated.

Al-Mufarridun
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
:sl:

when it comes to dinosaurs and other creatures that modern day scientist say lived millions of years ago.
this crucial question needs to be answered; how accurate is carbon dating?
you'll be surprised with the answer.

could early humans and dinosaurs lived side by side?
have you thought of it from this angle; Do you know how tall Adam(as) was?

trust me, nothing ever surprises a true Muslim, who leans on; Allah(swt) knows best!

Who Am I?
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I think that some dinosaurs (and thus, dragons) may still exist.

Mokele Mbeme in the Congo comes to mind. In Congolese it means "he who dams up the river". There have been persistent stories for decades about a large reptilian creature living in the region. When investigators visited the region, they showed the local natives pictures of various animals. One of the pictures was that of a sauropod dinosaur. Upon seeing the picture of the dinosaur, the natives stated that this was the creature.

Then there's the Loch Ness Monster which may or may not be a plesiosaur.

So yeah, part of me (the little boy who still loves dinosaurs) wants to think that dinosaurs may still be around in isolated areas.

Samiun
09-24-2011, 10:49 PM
There's a theory that says that dragons turn into carbons wen they, not bones.

Perhaps some things are better off untouched eh?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S_1JFQfCl5s

FS123
09-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Before the question of the dragon there is a question I can't put off. Is the spelling of the topic real? :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!