/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Few questions..

joyous fairy
09-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Assalam alaykum

I have a few questions about this forum thingy.

What is the difference between reputation and rep power?

Are private messages moderated? And what does being moderated mean? Does it mean that mods have to approve it before the member sees it?

Also, when you are giving rep points, are you able to choose how many? I dont get it at all :S

That is all for now, JazakAllah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Dagless
09-19-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...utation_system

I don't think pm's are read unless there is excessive messaging between genders... at least that was what was said last time this was discussed.

joyous fairy
09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...utation_system

I don't think pm's are read unless there is excessive messaging between genders... at least that was what was said last time this was discussed.
JazakAllah khair.

Silly me, I should have read the FAQs before asking!

Anyway I have another one:

(Nevermind, i had another but ive figured it out :P )

In which sections are threads approved before appearing? I know its the case in the Family and society section but which others?

JazakAllah khair. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
09-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Salam Alaikkum

The Link does not explain the difference of reputation points and reputation power

Salahudeen
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
JazakAllah khair.

Silly me, I should have read the FAQs before asking!

Anyway I have another one:

(Nevermind, i had another but ive figured it out :P )

In which sections are threads approved before appearing? I know its the case in the Family and society section but which others?

JazakAllah khair. :)
General section I think

joyous fairy
09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
General section I think
Nah im sure it doesnt because last time I posted in there it didnt say.

joyous fairy
09-21-2011, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Alaikkum

The Link does not explain the difference of reputation points and reputation power
I think reputation power is the amount of points the person receives when you give them rep.

Another question. I tried posting in the advice section and it didnt let me. Why is that?

alhamdulilaah
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
for advice section one has to reach 300 posts, thats what I heard, rep power is as far I can understand is how long u hav been a member, while reputation is what other members give, it can be positive reputation and negative also. In negative u get red sign, while in positive u get green sign.

Ghazalah
09-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Another question. I tried posting in the advice section and it didnt let me. Why is that?
Not only do you need 300 posts, but you need to be a member of one of the private sections. (Sister's sec in your case I believe :p )

Ramadhan
09-22-2011, 04:41 AM
I think reputation power is the amount of points the person receives when you give them rep.
Reputation power is a function of reputation points, number of posts, and length of stay as member.

Only members of gender sections may post in the advice section.

Novice
09-22-2011, 04:47 AM
How many times do I have to post until I can post links?

Thanks

Ramadhan
09-22-2011, 04:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Novice
How many times do I have to post until I can post links?
When you get to 50 posts, some nice perks will appear for you.

Zafran
09-22-2011, 05:13 AM
salaam

please delete

peace

Ramadhan
09-22-2011, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

How many posts for replying to advice and support? Or can only exclusive members reply?

peace
:sl:

anyone can created a new thread in the advice and support section, and anyone can also post reply in their own thread.

However, only members of the gender sections may post replies in any thread in the advice and support section.

joyous fairy
01-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Assalam alaykum,

Is there a way where I can get notified if someone quotes a post I made?

I dont look at all the threads and it would be rude not to answer people if they asked me a question :nervous:

~Raindrop~
01-21-2012, 12:29 AM
^Not that I know of...

You're automatically subscribed to threads you post in and they should appear in your UserCP when someone else posts after you. Just keep checking them :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!