/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The gloomy thread

Alpha Dude
09-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I usually hate sitting in the dark and I'm no goth but right now I feel like I want to lie down in the open on the cold floor of a haunting forest during the night with the rain pouring down and winds howling... then eventually falling asleep there, curled up.

Haunting, gloomy, cold, dark and dreary pictures here post.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
That's is a desire for death to regress to the womb or that of the original mother from whence we came 'earth'.. I've been there since the age of 8 ..
I should ask though what's wrong with you of late?

~Raindrop~
09-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Think I'm going to like this thread...

Endymion
09-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
09-21-2011, 04:03 PM
:sl:

I'm glad sis BlueBell beat me to it. I wasn't sure what to say or ask. Just hearing that scares me and was upsetting to hear. i have similar feelings but minus the spooky forests. May Allah protect you and keep you safe from all harm. Ameen

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-21-2011, 04:25 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

You gloomy people :-\..I'm kidding..

It rained here real hard a week ago and looked absolutely amazing, and later it became dark. Here the day turns dark real quick in winter, so i'm sure you guys will love it.

Hope you like these dear gloomy people!

By gloomy, I think you are sad or down? I hope that your mood is changed to a not so gloomy mood and to a bright and happy one insha'Allaah..

Like these...

Ramadhan
09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
This is such a depressing thread. Not good for my own mental state to dwell in here too long, but what the heck.

Ansariyah
09-21-2011, 05:43 PM
We've had such a long summer..it was refreshing for me to see the darkness that appeared in the middle of the day here, too bad I didn't take pictures. But that brought me peace, there was a beautiful breeze too but not cold.

It's winter in this thread..Brrrrr!

Ghazalah
09-21-2011, 05:44 PM
I actually like the idea of lying down while the rain is pouring down. I love the rain.

piXie
09-21-2011, 05:51 PM

lol u morbid people. This thread needs some sunshineee. :D :D :D :D

Who Am I?
09-21-2011, 05:52 PM

Man, you guys suck. You remind of myself as a whiny teen/20-something. ;D

http://wallpaper.metalship.org/images/dark-forest1.jpg

(it wouldn't let me post it as an image. It kept saying "invalid url" which is bogus)

Now I'm irritated that I couldn't post as image and now I'm gloomy.

Thanks. ;D

Alpha Dude
09-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Go away, member X. <_<

Ansariyah
09-21-2011, 05:59 PM
This thread is haunting, seriously right after I finished my last post...It's thundering now and raining heavily!:muddlehea

joyous fairy
09-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh noes, I have flown into the wrong thread and have now become 'gloomy fairy' :(

Ghazalah
09-21-2011, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Oh noes, I have flown into the wrong thread and have now become 'gloomy fairy'
:giggling:

Always remember one of the best times to make dua is during the rain, not to mention it's a blessing from Allah swt.

Ansariyah
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh noes, I have flown into the wrong thread and have now become 'gloomy fairy' :(
Oh deary fairy, I believe you misplaced your fairy dust...

Here it is:p..Smile!

Who Am I?
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
So you're the gloomy fairy yet you're still "cheerful". Interesting. As one who used to find comfort in misery, I approve. ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
This thread is haunting, seriously right after I finished my last post...It's thundering now and raining heavily!:muddlehea
It rained and thundered here all day yesterday and last night. It's not raining anymore but it's still all cloudy and grey outside.

Ramadhan
09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
(it wouldn't let me post it as an image. It kept saying "invalid url" which is bogus)

You have to UNTICK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box

~Raindrop~
09-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Sunshine? Fairy dust? :hmm:

That's better.

Ghazalah
09-21-2011, 07:24 PM

:wub:

When I typed in gloomy into Google images.. I get this fella...

:ermm:

Alpha Dude
09-21-2011, 07:35 PM
You may reach a point where you stop caring about what it is that's bothering you along with everything and anything on top of that. You don't care about yourself, your health, your sanity. You want all things to overcome you. You have partial desires to be recklessly and completely destroyed. Although you hold on by a thread and know deep down that you won't let go, no matter what.

You feel cold. You curl up and let out voiceless cries and pleads of help to Allah. You are overcome by sleep. Then comes a sense of relief.

Being in a cold, scary, lonely forest when it's raining and windy. You don't find it depressing in such times as there's something familiar about it. It's an external reflection of what you're feeling inside. You feel soothed.

joyous fairy
09-21-2011, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Oh deary fairy, I believe you misplaced your fairy dust...

Here it is:p..Smile!

Haha, oh so thats where I left it! Thank you :D

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
So you're the gloomy fairy yet you're still "cheerful". Interesting. As one who used to find comfort in misery, I approve. ;D

It rained and thundered here all day yesterday and last night. It's not raining anymore but it's still all cloudy and grey outside.
Well, jus so you know I had forgotten to change my mood as I was feeling so down I just disappeared and did not care for it :P

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Sunshine? Fairy dust? :hmm:

That's better.
Noooooo...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-21-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You may reach a point where you stop caring about what it is that's bothering you along with everything and anything on top of that. You don't care about yourself, your health, your sanity. You want all things to overcome you. You have partial desires to be recklessly and completely destroyed. Although you hold on by a thread and know deep down that you won't let go, no matter what.

You feel cold. You curl up and let out voiceless cries and pleads of help to Allah. You are overcome by sleep. Then comes a sense of relief.

Being in a cold, scary, lonely forest when it's raining and windy. You don't find it depressing in such times as there's something familiar about it. It's an external reflection of what you're feeling inside. You feel soothed.
As'Salaam Alaaykum

It may be a chance to get closer to Allaah, or Allaah is calling you toward's him. Being in a cold scary place would only make some more afraid, and as for some it is soothing as mentioned.

The greatness and mercy of Allaah is beautiful, he is the ever-loving, as the messengers, and the most pious of muslimeen did, pouring their hearts out to Allaah SWT, for he is ever hearing of that which is said deep inside the hearts. As he is All hearing and he SWT knows what we do not.

You may not care about yourself, your health, your sanity, but you must begin to bring 'caring' back for the sake of Allaah, if not for your sake, atleast for the sake of Allaah SWT even though he and you know that it is of benefit to you only, bringing back the desire to please Allaah to your best abilities that he has bestowed upon us insha'Allaah till the end.

may Allaah SWT ease your affairs and increase all muslimeen in strength and grant you happiness along with the ummah in the hereafter Aameen.

I apologise if i've said anything wrong and please do correct me inshaa'Allaah, and forgive if I have misunderstood your post.

Alpha Dude
09-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Please don't assume I'm depressed or going through some really dreadful issue of which I'm not able to overcome. It's nothing.

I find the gloomy stuff soothing under certain circumstances. I'm absolutely fine. More than fine, Alhamdulilah. :)

Snowflake
09-21-2011, 09:06 PM
^Al hamdulillah for that! Ya Allah, Al Wali, please always keep all of my brothers and sisters safe. Ameen

Ok I just noticed something spooky. Reps please!

Alpha Dude
Reputation166625

جوري
09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
a 'poem' by yours truly in honor of gloom & this thread:
entitled

'To Not Want'

It is ok not to want a new dawn
To have seen but not long for green meadows
To walk the last foot steps in the faint light of the setting sun
To find a cool shade for just one
And lie beneath starry skies without a need for incandescence
To have had a full heart that didn't discriminate for happiness
& finally close one's eye and not seek beauty...

gladTidings
09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
^Wow

But what if theres a grizzly bear in the middle of the forest :nervous:.

I love the idea.... probably not ever on my own I would take all the IB'ers with me =P

Alpha Dude
09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Thank you for sharing, Bluebell. That's quite reflective.

Ok I just noticed something spooky. Reps please!

Alpha Dude
Reputation166625
I hope nobody gets any nightmares cos of this thread. :hmm:

[Ameen]

Alpha Dude
09-21-2011, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gladTidings
But what if theres a grizzly bear in the middle of the forest :nervous:.
That's the beauty of it lol. In that internal state, you don't care of the danger that is present to you.

Who Am I?
09-21-2011, 09:46 PM

I wrote a poem once too.

That's it. That's all there is. I wrote a poem once.

Those of you expecting a clever one-liner, oh well.

Salahudeen
09-21-2011, 10:22 PM

You do have a way with words my brother, this post describes how I've felt since 14.

Salahudeen
09-21-2011, 10:24 PM
This would feel like serenity to me, somewhere, where I'd feel that I belonged. :hmm:

Alpha Dude
09-21-2011, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
This would feel like serenity to me, somewhere, where I'd feel that I belonged. :hmm:
You understand. :)

Salahudeen
09-21-2011, 10:29 PM
You understand. :)
All to well :)

جوري
09-22-2011, 05:06 AM

goes great with rain & with a bit of fog .. you maybe depressed but there's no reason you can't smell great & look stylishly poetic

Novice
09-22-2011, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
rain & with a bit of fog .. you maybe depressed but there's no reason you can't smell great & look stylishly poetic
A shame for those depressed folks afflicted with dry skin....;D

جوري
09-22-2011, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Novice
A shame for those depressed folks afflicted with dry skin....;D
ah but it is moisturizing & you could always purchase the EDT spritz into the air & walk into the mist :shade:

Tyrion
09-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Hmm.. I suppose I'll give it a go then, since I'd consider most of the pictures I keep on my computer to be somewhat gloomy.

Something about this one makes me contemplative... Dunno if that counts, but here you go:

Sunsets count as kinda gloomy, right? I've got a ton of sunset pictures...

I love any variation of the "lonely tree" picture... But I'll just post that one for now. :p: Hopefully you guys will consider these pics gloomy... I noticed that they're kinda different from what others have posted, so I might just have a different idea of what gloomy means...

Alpha Dude
09-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Hopefully you guys will consider these pics gloomy... I noticed that they're kinda different from what others have posted, so I might just have a different idea of what gloomy means...
Your idea of gloom is a little tame but these pics do invoke a more contemplative mood, yes.

Endymion
09-22-2011, 11:04 AM

Noooooo...
I think this would be better :statisfie

And i guess i finally have someone who believe "Fairy tales do come true" :statisfie

Back to Topic :sunny:

My collection is a little different coz i hate dark but you can find the effect of sadness in these pictures.

I like to spend my time in places like these when im sad and depressed.

Amat Allah
09-22-2011, 01:17 PM

lay down in the darkness and listen to this ( so relaxing):

Who Am I?
09-22-2011, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll

goes great with rain & with a bit of fog .. you maybe depressed but there's no reason you can't smell great & look stylishly poetic
I tried that once. It's called "gin". ;D

No, seriously, it looks like a gin bottle with a different label slapped on it. Which makes sense if you've ever tasted gin. That stuff tastes just like aftershave to me anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!