PDA

View Full Version : Where in the World?



Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-22-2011, 09:29 AM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

I think this thread goes in this section..

Where in the world have you been i.e. country/town/city etc? which places have you visited you would like to visit again?

Anywhere you want to go but never had the chance?

What is your favourite place?

Please post up pictures also inshaa'Allaah..


Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
09-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Salam Alaikkum

I've seen Few countries and I would tell you that at this age of 25, I retire :D
It's just imagination actually, if you want to see Europe or Australia, nowadays just go to TV and they are almost equal when you physically see them, when you go back home, you would just regret the expenses ;D

Even If I get wealthy, I better do something like educating Muslim children than spend in TRAVELING.

Well I am trying to live simple as much as possible so I always try to delete unrealistic ideas. So I dont have really fantasy or something be it jewelry, travel etc.

But if would given a chance I just want to see tulips farms in person, anywhere in the world, I just love tulips, yeaaah isnt it amazing? I love lavender too, i tried to plant them both but even in centralized dessert it wont grow happy LOL

Mostly when I visit countries, I love to see the colorful nature, no other expectation be it food or shopping

But they are not big deal, I FEEL HAPPY GOOGLING them






And my BIG BIG DREAM??? Yes I want to go for Umrah & HAJJ and we will go soon inshallah, I always tell my husband and we will go inshallah, inshallah ya Rabb, my co worker told me its REALLY different feelings :( I wish I could go soon inshallah

I want to feel .00000000001% of Judgment day & learn humility, humbleness and total surrender to Power of Allah, you see its different when you experience it, that's how I come up with traveling
I want to feel that we are all equal
I want to feel the miracle of HAJJ, Umrah, I want I want! Inshallah
Reply

Who Am I?
09-22-2011, 10:08 PM



I've always wanted to see the earth from the moon.

:sl:
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-24-2011, 06:04 PM
^ I hope you are able to one day.

I believe every muslim want's to be able to visit the city of makkah and madinah atleast once in their blessed lifetime.




Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
aadil77
09-24-2011, 06:24 PM
If I ever go for hajj I'd like to visit these places beforehand:


Petra, Jordan - said to be linked to the people of Thamud who were punished by Allah

Masjid Al Aqsa

Dome of Rock


and also a lot of the places on this site http://www.islamiclandmarks.com/
Reply

SFatima
09-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by King of Nines



I've always wanted to see the earth from the moon.
SubhanAllah Thats a beautiful picture.. isnt there a verse or a hadith about something like" the Earth hangs like a Jewel in the universe' and this image truly depicts it, infact any image of the earth in the Universe looks like a real precious in as many images as I have seen. I am a huge fan of astronomy, I am really awed by it..

Thats another thing I hardly know much about it except gazing at the pictures in the astronomical encyclopedia,:D and being transfixed at the sky to catch a shooting star...

hey does anyone know that shooting stars are rocks thrown at shaitans and djiin who try to do mischief to go near the angels in the sky?:D

And as for me, I completely agree with sis Riana, you get to watch everything on Tv so it is really no use going so far off for an expensive vacation, it feels like you've seen it all, why spend so much on it. But yeah having a nice scenery for free is fun, I love Beaches, greenery and everything, I have seen Europe and Uk, despite the fact that I had no real desire to, the only thing I truly enjoy is meeting people, getting to know them. Places dont matter. Only Makkah and Madina matter and sigh I wish I lived there, : (
Reply

SFatima
09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by aadil77


Petra, Jordan - said to be linked to the people of Thamud who were punished by Allah


Dome of Rock


and also a lot of the places on this site http://www.islamiclandmarks.com/
hmm There is a verse in Quran about not visiting the places of Azzaab since the Places of Azaab, carry the wrath of Allah swt till the day of judgment, angels guard those places and the Prophet also strictly forbade the Muslims to ever enter in such a zone, he allowed only to pass by them. There is a story about it too, and I'm sure many have heard that most archeologists die after excavating the tombs of the egyptian Pharoahs. I know people who go there and feel really weird, strange and sick ( the pyramids of egypt and the graves of the pharoahs).
Reply

Who Am I?
09-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by SFatima
SubhanAllah Thats a beautiful picture.. isnt there a verse or a hadith about something like" the Earth hangs like a Jewel in the universe' and this image truly depicts it, infact any image of the earth in the Universe looks like a real precious in as many images as I have seen. I am a huge fan of astronomy, I am really awed by it..

Thats another thing I hardly know much about it except gazing at the pictures in the astronomical encyclopedia,:D and being transfixed at the sky to catch a shooting star...

hey does anyone know that shooting stars are rocks thrown at shaitans and djiin who try to do mischief to go near the angels in the sky?:D

And as for me, I completely agree with sis Riana, you get to watch everything on Tv so it is really no use going so far off for an expensive vacation, it feels like you've seen it all, why spend so much on it. But yeah having a nice scenery for free is fun, I love Beaches, greenery and everything, I have seen Europe and Uk, despite the fact that I had no real desire to, the only thing I truly enjoy is meeting people, getting to know them. Places dont matter. Only Makkah and Madina matter and sigh I wish I lived there, : (
I have seen shooting stars. They are meteorites that enter earth's atmosphere and most of them burn up long before they hit the earth.

There are a lot of places in this world that I want to see, but I think that moon picture is my Number One.
Reply

aadil77
09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by SFatima
hmm There is a verse in Quran about not visiting the places of Azzaab since the Places of Azaab, carry the wrath of Allah swt till the day of judgment, angels guard those places and the Prophet also strictly forbade the Muslims to ever enter in such a zone, he allowed only to pass by them. There is a story about it too, and I'm sure many have heard that most archeologists die after excavating the tombs of the egyptian Pharoahs. I know people who go there and feel really weird, strange and sick ( the pyramids of egypt and the graves of the pharoahs).
True, but even passing by them would be a huge imaan boost and would put the fear of Allah in you. As for entering them, hopefully I'd be able to keep my curiosity under control.
Reply

Ghazalah
09-24-2011, 10:06 PM
I'd love to be able to pray Salatul Fajr in Masjid Al Aqsa, I've always ​wanted to do it. :wub: Soon inshAllah.
Reply

~Raindrop~
09-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Hmmm... I'd love to visit Palestine, Jordan, Andalus (yes, I know it isn't called that anymore:ermm:), Venice -I'm still pretty gutted that we missed it out when we visited Italy- and of course, the Haramain. No matter how many times you go there...it's never enough.
Alhamdulillah, I've crossed many places off my list or it would have been a lot longer, lol.
Reply

Muezzin
09-25-2011, 08:58 AM
I'd love to visit the crystal caves in Mexico:

Reply

marwen
09-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, this is kinda' embarrassing :phew but I have to say, I never left my country. I even don't leave my town, except 1 or 2 times a year.
This doesn't mean I don't like traveling, Its only I didn't have a chance to do. I'm planning to visit too many places in the world. I plan to visit Mecca and Medina, one time to do hajj, and may be one other time to visit the country and meet the people there.
I also want to visit India and Pakistan, Japan, Turkey, Egypt, Yemen, Palestine, and many places in Africa, I love African people and African nature.

What makes me want to visit a country is the nature and monuments there. And also because of the people I meet from different countries in real life and on internet.
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2011, 11:06 AM
____________________________________
Reply

Crystal
09-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I've been to Turkey(Istanbul & Izmir), the UK (London), Spain (Marbella, Salou, Santaponsa, Barcelona) and Andorra.

I would love to see Malta, Germany, Albania and Dubai.

My favourite so far was Istanbul - it has amazing culture although too much traffic!
Reply

~Raindrop~
09-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
I'd love to visit the crystal caves in Mexico:
Reminds me of the crystal caves in Italy... shame we weren't allowed to take pics though. They're called Grotte di Frasassi, amazing place.







They were awesome but I lost one of my lens in there and everybody kind of stopped the tour and helped find it....no success. :ermm:
Reply

Soulja Girl
09-25-2011, 11:58 AM
:sl:

A couple of months ago, we visited a Town/City famously known as Cornwall, located in South West England.

It’s a place of outstanding beauty with its Golden Sandy Beaches, remarkable Sunsets and stunning Scenery.

Its Cliffs, its Rivers & Moors. Cornwall's natural environment is breathtaking. :coolious:

Here are a few pics..



























As you can see, I got a lil bit carried away with the pics.. :hiding:

:sl:
Reply

~Raindrop~
09-25-2011, 12:20 PM
^I need to visit places close to home a little more often :X
Closest i've been is Wales, it was breathtaking but i hadn't counted on the fact that I'd have to climb a mountain :exhausted
Reply

Soulja Girl
09-25-2011, 12:29 PM
:sl:

^You know, to get down to one of the Beaches, we had to climb down a Cliff.. It was awesomely scary.. :D

:wa:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!