/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's your Favorite Perfume

Riana17
09-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Salam Alaikkum,

Alhamdollelah for all the Blessings of Allah

So we are in small perfume business for the last 3years as Sideline Job, it started when my nephew needed heart operation, alhamdollelah Rabbil Alameen it's over now but Allah continues to bless us with good sales.
I am still learning so I would like to seek your valuable input.

I know that men are advised to wear perfume and women must avoid wearing perfume outside the house, I still do sometimes but just in my wrist and very light perfume. I also smell very less perfumes, its irony Doctor told me I have perfume allergy :D

Please share you top perfumes, can be separated for men & women. Because I used to have like 350 Brands in my Brochure (from Armani to Zegna). So I would like to minimize them and keep only fast Selling & famous ones. I would start:

Women's
1. Dolce & Gabbana Lightblue
2. Guess (Pink) Romance
3. Burberry Brit Sheer
4. Ralph Lauren Romance
5. Happy Clinique
6. Si Lolita By Lolita Lempicka
7. Burberry London
8. Eclat by Lanvin
9. Euphoria
10. Heiress

Men
1. Diesel Only the Brave
2. 24 The Fragrance by Fox
3. Joop Jump
4. Ralph Lauren Polo (Blue)
5. CK Summer Edition (orange)
6. Gucci by Gucci
7. Issey Miyake
8. Hugo no. 6
9. Eternity
10. Burberry the Beat

Inshallah we will survive the Business, for long time, not forever, for long time inshallah.

Kindly keep the Thread clean if possible.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ابن آل مرة
09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
With all due respect sister, this type of thread is not appropriate for the Main forum. It should be in your respected sister's section, and same for brothers. Just a reminder for myself and everyone. jazakAllahu khayr.

Riana17
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M.
With all due respect sister, this type of thread is not appropriate for the Main forum. It should be in your respected sister's section, and same for brothers. Just a reminder for myself and everyone. jazakAllahu khayr.
Salam Alaikkum

I respect your view, but I dont see any harm in this thread, Allah knows best
people can share if they want to, I put it in general, I seek for both gender's review

People are talking about animals, food etc so I thought its okay, if not, Admin you are welcome to delete :)

Pure Purple
09-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't know any brand of perfume. I never apply it. just for few minutes its fine after that I started getting headache.I don't like those strong fragrance.Dosen't suit to me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Sis Riana does not promote any product here. What she does is only ask some inputs for her business, same like some other members who asked some inputs for their business. And she need inputs from sisters and also from brothers, that's why she made this thread in general section. I don't see any inappropriate thing in this thread.

Riana17
09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Salam Alaikkum to all,

Thanks alot Brother Ardianto, you are always extra kind.

As I mentioned, I am honestly willing to accept if this thread will be deleted :) I dont wanna upset anyone :)

ابن آل مرة
09-22-2011, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Alaikkum

I respect your view, but I dont see any harm in this thread, Allah knows best
people can share if they want to, I put it in general, I seek for both gender's review
wa'alaykum salam, tayyib barakAllahu feeky, and may Allah bless your business. I did not mean any harm, I was afraid that some might share what perfume they wear.

:w:

Ramadhan
09-22-2011, 02:12 PM
My favorite perfume is not on your list, it's Creed Silver Mountain Water, especially when I got it on half price ;D

GuestFellow
09-22-2011, 02:16 PM
My fav perfume is the smell of burnt toast. JK

I don't like perfumes. I have an allergy problem.

Endymion
09-22-2011, 02:29 PM
My fav brand is not in your list ^o)

I love Rasasi perfumes specially "Relation" :D

ardianto
09-22-2011, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I don't like perfumes. I have an allergy problem.
Same like my wife. She always feel dizzy when she smell perfume.

That's why she forbid me use perfume.

Riana17
09-22-2011, 02:52 PM
wa'alaykum salam, tayyib barakAllahu feeky, and may Allah bless your business. I did not mean any harm, I was afraid that some might share what perfume they wear.

:w:
Salam Brother, I dont mind at all :) Thank you for your duaa and concern.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
My favorite perfume is not on your list, it's Creed Silver Mountain Water, especially when I got it on half price ;D
Salam Ukoi,
Wow that's like 250$ in malls here but yes, I am staying in business alhamdollelah because of my reasonable price, I'm selling that for like 110$ :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
My fav brand is not in your list ^o)

Salam Ukhtee I do sell Rasasi too, it's Emarati perfumes, 99% of our clients prefer French

Brother Ardianto and Sis Quratulain, same here and I have allergy too, so I tend to spray them away from my face or it would itch alot. But many of my customers can spend 100 of dollars/month on perfumes and I have crazy customers too (thanks to them) who prefer perfume over food, ;D it's true perfumes makes you feel happy and perfume is like necesity here. My neighbour has one big cabinet of perfumes only, what an addiction?

No that's not correct but that's their rights, so I really want to minimize my brochure

Soulja Girl
09-22-2011, 02:57 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
^Gotta love Al Wisam.. :D.. Beautiful smell..

:wa:

GuestFellow
09-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Riana17, have you considered making a perfume suitable for people who have allergies?

Riana17
09-22-2011, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Riana17, have you considered making a perfume suitable for people who have allergies?
Salam Ukhoi,

I don't have company even a shop :)
Besides allergy needs alot of study, as per my knowledge allergies depends on the substance content and each perfume have different content.

For example, if I try to spray 20 perfumes I wont experience allergy, but after I pass that, I will notice readness on skin or itchiness

FS123
09-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't really link perfumes unless they smell like real fruit lol. I use peach mist, it is very light and smells nice.

GuestFellow
09-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Salam Ukhoi,

I don't have company even a shop :)
Besides allergy needs alot of study, as per my knowledge allergies depends on the substance content and each perfume have different content.

For example, if I try to spray 20 perfumes I wont experience allergy, but after I pass that, I will notice readness on skin or itchiness
:wa:

I think once you have started your business, consider finding experts on allergies to develop perfumes or something. It will be very expensive and risky but it is something I think you may consider in the future.

Riana17
09-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Salam Alaikkum Brother FS

Bath and Body works has lots of fruity perfumes, my husband likes Victorias secret (Secret Charm), that's his daily scent and CK Summer (orange) is happy fruity too :)

Brother Tragic

That's too much, I just want to live simple and I am not ready to commit headaches etc, having shop is big responsibility how about to produce and make your own perfume :hiding:

GuestFellow
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM

Brother Tragic

That's too much, I just want to live simple and I am not ready to commit headaches etc, having shop is big responsibility how about to produce and make your own perfume :hiding:
Go for it. :p:

I would hate to be self-employed... O_o

Riana17
09-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Salam

I do respect your choice, I wouldn't say doing your suggestion is impossible, nothing is impossible with hard work and patience.

Opposite to you I prefer to be self employed and not only that, I want to be employed in the same company my whole life, loool is that boring? Yes I'm on my 8th year in the same company, alhamdollelah, can't ask for more.

Insaanah
09-22-2011, 06:16 PM

Are the major brands of perfume alcohol-free nowadays?

Riana17
09-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Salam Ukhtee

I have never sold a perfume without alcohol :) and as far as I know, 99.9% of international perfumes contains alcohol, some too much alcohol (eau de cologne) or lesser (eau de toilette) and some with more oil for long lasting effect (eau de parfum)

There are local companies which makes alcohol free perfumes but its quite expensive, 1 oz for 150$, it is normally for a very religious woman, she can wear it everyday but no one can smell her unless very very close contact, I have forgotten the name,,,

Scimitar
12-10-2011, 02:23 AM
I got some Amber Muhsin, which is just... I don't know, reminds me of when I was a kid. It's very VERY nostalgic... Iw ear it when I feel a little down, it cheers me up.

I also wear woody and mukallath mumayyaz from Arbi Oudh.... I also got some pure cambodi oudh but this so expensive for just a 3 mil bottle, I never use it lol.

Aaah, got some real thick dark brown oily Musk too, 7ml bottle ... I drop, and you're good for a few days to a week... WARNING, not to be worn on light clothing, it stains... (bro Ramadhan - where's that facepalm smiley?)

Scimi

Mikayeel
12-10-2011, 02:29 AM

Lady perfume D&G light blue
Male perfume Issey mikaye the original one.

Ramadhan
12-10-2011, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
(bro Ramadhan - where's that facepalm smiley?)
here you are my bro

Scimitar
12-10-2011, 04:38 AM
Oh Maaaan, that's kinda uhm, perfect. I do a lot of those... Got iron palm now, and a very red face Attachment 4474

Marina-Aisha
12-10-2011, 07:56 AM
I like ysl babydoll it smells like grapefruit, they stop making it nw but maybe so some perfumes that have a fruity smell.

Dagless
12-10-2011, 12:41 PM
*Subscribes.

You should also list a url to your shop (if online).

Scimitar
12-10-2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.arabianoud.co.uk/

I
got woody and mukallath mumayyaz from here and the cambodi oudh and the best quality musk too, as I mentioned above... but I got these when I went to arabia for Umrah

♥ Sofia ♥
12-10-2011, 02:52 PM
:salamext:

i don't wear perfume (not allowed) but my mum wears loads!

my favourite is either armani code or elle by yves saint laurent :)

Scimitar
12-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Use itr, and if its dark in colour and light on the scent (for women) - this coincides with hadeeth.

For men, light in colour and strong on the scent is good

And never wear perfumes after maghrib... Ever.

Scimi

Riana17
12-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Salam to all, thanks for your Input, yes Issey Miyake & Armani code are one of our best selling.

I also found about this Givenchy Amarige (Eau De Parfum - green box not the EDT red box), mashallah, whoever the person behind it is genius.

I have my stuff recently online like amazon/ebay site but its only available locally, i dont really have dream for international, i just pray inshallah that we will continue selling, Amen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!