/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah Does Not Disappoint!

Amat Allah
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM

Allah Does Not Disappoint!

In one of Sheikh Muhammad Mukhtar Ash-Shanqiti's tapes on 'Yaqin' (certainty), he mentions the story of a scholar who was once afflicted with poverty.

The scholar had just completed writing the Tafsir of the Quran but due to his poor income, he was unable to publish his work.
So he went and sought counsel from his brethren, students and teachers.
They directed him to man who possessed much wealth and riches saying 'Go to so-and-so, he'll provide you with some money so you can publish your work.'

The scholar went and rented a ship, embarking on his journey and going by sea. However, it was by the Mercy and Divine Plan of Allah that as he set off,
he saw a man walking along the seashore. He ordered the captain of the ship to let this man get on and ride along with them.
When the man got on, the scholar asked, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am so-and-so (mentioning his name).'

The man then asked, 'Where are you going (i.e. where is the ship destined?).'

The scholar said, 'I am going to so-and-so in search of his assistance in publishing my book.'

The man said, 'I hear you have interpreted the Quran?' He said, 'Yes.'

The man said, 'Subhan Allah, how did you interpret the statement of Allah:

"You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
" [Noble Quran 1:5]

The scholar provided the man with the Tafsir of the verse, but he understood the intent that lay behind the question.
So, he said to the captain of the ship, 'Take me back to my house.'

May Allah have mercy upon him; despite his needy state, he returned to his house,
but with his heart filled with certainty that Allah would surely suffice him, take him out of this poverty and ease his affairs.

No more than 3 days had passed by when a man knocked on his door.
He opened it and the man said, 'I've come with a message from so-and-so.
News has reached him that you have authored a Tafsir of the Quran which he would like to see.'

Incredibly, this turned out to be the same man whom the scholar had set off to meet and get help from!
So, he gave the Tafsir to the messenger who took it back with him.
When the wealthy man read it, he was filled with amazement and admiration, causing him to return a pouch filled with gold and riches to the poor scholar.

We should never forget...

'A person has never held certainty in Allah only for Allah to disappoint him.'

Never will Allah disappoint those with "Yaqin" (certainty), "Tawakkul" (reliance) and "Husn Ad-Dhann" (good opinion) of Him.

Khadejah Jones
Share Islam Team
ShareIslam.com

(me Amat Allah, as a slave of Allah; I swear by The One Who Has my soul in His Hand The Lord of The Worlds
that those three "Yaqin" (certainty), "Tawakkul" (reliance) and "Husn Ad-Dhann" (good opinion) of Him; are the way to happiness and Allah Is my witness, laa ilaha illa Allah )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Mashaallah very inspiring.....jazakallah for sharing .:)

alhamdulilaah
09-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Amat Allah
09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
and May Allah love ya both , be pleased with you and reward ya with the best always and forever and the whole Ummah too Ameeeeeeeeeeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
09-22-2011, 10:02 PM
:sl:

Nice story, jazaakiAllah khayr for sharing. How Allah helped him at the end, subhaanallah.

But one thing that I don't understand is why he came off the ship and returned home when the man asked him the tafseer of iyyaaka na3budu wa iyyaaka nasta3een.

Because by seeking the help of a man who would be able to help him publish his book, he is not violating the ayah. In fact we are ordered to make our own effort, and put our trust in Allah:

Anas bin Maalik narrated that a man said to the Prophet :saws: “O Messenger of Allah, should I tie the camel and put my trust in Allah, or should I leave it untied and put my trust in Allah?” The Prophet :saws: replied, “Tie your camel and put your trust in Allah.”
[al-Tirmidhi, authenticated (hasan) in Saheeh al Jaami 1068]

We have to do everything that's necessary for success (including seeking human help, whether that be from a doctor for an illness, a publisher for a book etc) and to put our trust in Allah and make du3a.

I hope someone will help me if I'm missing something here and haven't understood properly. Jazaakumullah khayr.

Abz2000
09-22-2011, 11:20 PM
i think it is a matter of Allah being pleased with him in that he forsook even that and put his trust in Him.
You served me, I consider your part done, watch me do the rest.

Amat Allah
09-23-2011, 01:20 PM
O habibati Insaanah, May Allah be pleased with ya for pointing this and May He The Exalted The Most Merciful never prevent ya from entering His highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning and may you be from The first group will enter Al Firdaws Ameeeeeeeeeeen

as Ibn Al Qayyim (May Allah have mercy on him ) said in his book Zaad al-Ma’aad, 4/15 :

True Tawheed cannot be attained unless one takes the means which Allaah created and which lead to the ends both in terms of divine decree and in terms of sharee’ah. Neglecting the means undermines the essence of putting one’s trust in Allaah and undermines the Divine command and wisdom, because the one who neglects them thinks that this is a sign of stronger trust in Allaah. But neglecting them is a sign of helplessness which contradicts putting one’s trust in Allaah, the essence of which is the heart’s dependence on Allaah to acquire that which will benefit a person in both his religious commitment and worldly affairs, and will ward off that which will harm him in both his religious commitment and worldly affairs. Alongside this dependence one must also take the means, otherwise one will be ignoring the wisdom and command of Allaah. We should not regard helplessness as putting our trust in Allaah, or putting our trust in Allaah as helplessness.

what do we take from the story above:

It is not to depend completely on reasons and means forgetting the One Who created those and to always put all your trust and hope in Allah...thinking that there is no way out but by the help of a creature without relying on Allah and trusting Him; may lead to Shirk...May Allah protect us all Ameeeeeeeenand

that scholar when heard the Aayah; out of his love to his Lord and cause he is trusting Allah the Most; decided to go back to his house and seek non`s help but Allah only to please Allah and Allah The Most Compassionate The Most Merciful Who disappoints non of His slaves when they return to Him , trust Him and put all their hopes in Him having that pure Yaqeen that when they return to their Lord and only God they have ; then they won`t return with an empty hand; rewarded that loving and sincere slave for his trust in Him and it is like if you my slave didn`t go to that man for my sake then I`ll bring him to you and will provide you with all your needs...Indeed, laa ilaha illa Allah.

Indeed, no matter how much we would thank Allah and worship Him , I swear by Allah, it won`t ever be enough till forever and the shame of falling short will haunt us till we die and after it too...we sometimes that if not all the time; ungrateful and blind to see Allah`s blessings and Mercy on us Whom blessed us and still with even lil things...

have you ever thought of a kiss of a lil child on your cheek as a blessing from Allah?

look how Allah is Kind and Merciful to us to even write those small things for us to make us happy ...

no matter what we may face I swear and Allah Is my witness that you can find happiness and goodness everywhere and in everything but we only need to trust Allah and to learn how to recognize His blessings from the greatest one which is honoring us and choosing us to be His slaves to the smallest one you may see and find...

I swear by Allah that He never disappointed me ever and if some of us may think or consider that when Allah prevent us from something is a disappointment then by Whom has my soul in His Hand ; you are wrong cause even this is a blessing from Allah...cause you may wish for something and Allah Is holding that from ya and not giving it to ya for a reason for His wisdom and knowledge which He Has while we are not...Allah knows but we don`t...

thats why the reward of those who are pleased and patient is so great...laa ilaha illa Allah...

may Allah forgive us, guide us, help us to worship Him right . to have the puriest Yaqeen, Tawakkul and Husnuaddan in Him always and forever Ameeeeeeeeeeeen Ya habibi Ya Rabbi...love you all for the sake of Allah always in shaa Allah...

Amat Allah
09-23-2011, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
i think it is a matter of Allah being pleased with him in that he forsook even that and put his trust in Him.
You served me, I consider your part done, watch me do the rest.
This is the point Ma shaa Allah...

Baraka Allahu Feekum and May He never prevent ya from seeing His AlMighty Face in Al Firdaws which I am begging Allah to reward us all with it without being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeen

Snowflake
09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Nice story, jazaakiAllah khayr for sharing. How Allah helped him at the end, subhaanallah.

But one thing that I don't understand is why he came off the ship and returned home when the man asked him the tafseer of iyyaaka na3budu wa iyyaaka nasta3een.

Because by seeking the help of a man who would be able to help him publish his book, he is not violating the ayah. In fact we are ordered to make our own effort, and put our trust in Allah:

Anas bin Maalik narrated that a man said to the Prophet :saws: “O Messenger of Allah, should I tie the camel and put my trust in Allah, or should I leave it untied and put my trust in Allah?” The Prophet :saws: replied, “Tie your camel and put your trust in Allah.”
[al-Tirmidhi, authenticated (hasan) in Saheeh al Jaami 1068]

We have to do everything that's necessary for success (including seeking human help, whether that be from a doctor for an illness, a publisher for a book etc) and to put our trust in Allah and make du3a.

I hope someone will help me if I'm missing something here and haven't understood properly. Jazaakumullah khayr.

From what I know the perfection of tawheed is in not seeking help from anyone but solely relying on Allah. But it is permissible to seek help because not everyone has strong imaan and in that case they would find it hard to put their trust in Allah and start blaming Him. Subhan Allah, Allah safeguards our imaan in so many ways.

Al-Bukhaari (6472) and Muslim (220) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Seventy thousand of my ummah will enter Paradise without being brought to account; they are the ones who did not ask for ruqyah or believe in omens or use cautery and they put their trust in their Lord.”

Yaani the 70,000 were those who had perfect tawheed.

May Allah forgive me if I'm wrong too.

Snowflake
09-23-2011, 01:53 PM
^oh Jazaki Allah khayr kathira my dearest sis Amat Allah. I wouldn't have posted if I'd known you were going to post masha Allah.

Salahudeen
09-23-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't understand the story :hmm: I was all ways taught du'a requires action, you can't just make du'a and sit on your back side all day expecting it to fall in your lap, you have to exhaust every resource open to you in the duniya alongside your dua, is this wrong understanding? :hmm: Should I make du'a and just chillax and rely solely on Allah to make it happen and not exhaust any resources that are open to me such as asking people? :hmm:

I.e I have a need I make du'a to Allah to fulfill it, I hear of a person who could help me fulfill my need, should I avoid that person and just wait for Allah to bring it into my life? :hmm: is this what is called "the perfection of tawheed" not asking people for help and just waiting till Allah brings it into your life?

Abdul-Raouf
09-23-2011, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
is this what is called "the perfection of tawheed" not asking people for help and just waiting till Allah brings it into your life?
Yes i believe... but it is hard to be attained... May ALLAH help us :(

When Ibrahim(AS) was about to be thrown into fire.... Malaks came to him and asked.. If they can help him.. But Ibrahim said.. no u all go away.... ALLAH is enough for me he said.....Thats the top class attitude.... thats why he is Khaleel to ALLAH...:)

Insaanah
09-23-2011, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
that scholar when heard the Aayah; out of his love to his Lord and cause he is trusting Allah the Most; decided to go back to his house and seek non`s help but Allah only to please Allah and Allah The Most Compassionate The Most Merciful Who disappoints non of His slaves when they return to Him , trust Him and put all their hopes in Him having that pure Yaqeen that when they return to their Lord and only God they have ; then they won`t return with an empty hand; rewarded that loving and sincere slave for his trust in Him and it is like if you my slave didn`t go to that man for my sake then I`ll bring him to you and will provide you with all your needs...Indeed, laa ilaha illa Allah.
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
from what I know the perfection of tawheed is in not seeking help from anyone but solely relying on Allah. But it is permissible to seek help because not everyone has strong imaan and in that case they would find it hard to put their trust in Allah and start blaming Him. Subhan Allah, Allah safeguards our imaan in so many ways.

Al-Bukhaari (6472) and Muslim (220) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Seventy thousand of my ummah will enter Paradise without being brought to account; they are the ones who did not ask for ruqyah or believe in omens or use cautery and they put their trust in their Lord.”

Yaani the 70,000 were those who had perfect tawheed.
The above seem to imply that a person that puts in his own physical effort to try to attain the means somehow loves Allah less or trusts in Him less, and the one that doesn't put in the effort trusts Him more.

It is like a person saying, I am poor, but I won't go to work to earn for my family and also put my trust in Allah; what I will do is I won't work, and will trust in Allah to provide for me without going to work. Islam doesn't encourage this kind of trust.

Let us remember, that our primary source to derive our beliefs and actions from, is the Qur'an and sunnah rather than stories.

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: A man of the Ansar came to the Prophet (pbuh) and begged from him. He (the Prophet) asked: Have you nothing in your house? He replied: Yes, a piece of cloth, a part of which we wear and a part of which we spread (on the ground), and a wooden bowl from which we drink water. He said: Bring them to me. He then brought these articles to him and he (the Prophet) took them in his hands and asked: Who will buy these? A man said: I shall buy them for one dirham. He said twice or thrice: Who will offer more than one dirham? A man said: I shall buy them for two dirhams.

He gave these to him and took the two dirhams and, giving them to the Ansari, he said: Buy food with one of them and hand it to your family, and buy an axe and bring it to me. He then brought it to him. The Apostle of Allaah (pbuh) fixed a handle on it with his own hands and said: Go, gather firewood and sell it, and do not let me see you for a fortnight. The man went away and gathered firewood and sold it. When he had earned ten dirhams, he came to him and bought a garment with some of them and food with the others.

The Apostle of Allaah (pbuh) then said: This is better for you than that begging should come as a spot on your face on the Day of Judgment. Begging is right only for three people: one who is in grinding poverty, one who is seriously in debt, or one who is responsible for compensation and finds it difficult to pay. (Sunan Abu Dawud, [9:1637])

Now the Prophet :saws: could have told the man to do nothing, just have trust in Allah and Allah will send the money to you. But he didn't. He told him to take action, with his own hands, to put the effort in on his part. Now the man would know that Allah is the Provider, and provision will only come if He wills it, but we must also do our bit by putting in the effort. Remember the sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) were the people most beloved to the prophet :saws: and their love for Allah and trust in Him could be way stronger than ours may be. But they did not stop working and say they were simply going to put their trust in Allah, nor did Rasoolullah :saws: teach them that. They worked and they put their trust in Allah. If trust in Allah without action had been the right thing to do, Rasoolullah :saws: would have taught us this. There would have been no need to fight battles, as they could simply have trusted in Allah to make things right for them, and defeat the enemy Himself in all the battles without them having to lift a finger. But this was clearly not the case. Allah helped the effort they made and brought it to fruition.

Beliefs and actions going hand in hand, and not being to the mutual exclusiveness of each other, is a theme that runs throughout the Qur'an. Countless times Allah says in the Qur'an:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّـلِحَاتِ

"Indeed those who believe and do good deeds..."

Just as belief alone without deeds, and deeds alone without belief are of no benefit, so our trust in Allah should be accompanied by our efforts, as much as we are able.

I agree with this quote that sister Amat Allah posted, and that I am re-posting here:

true Tawheed cannot be attained unless one takes the means which Allaah created and which lead to the ends both in terms of divine decree and in terms of sharee’ah. Neglecting the means undermines the essence of putting one’s trust in Allaah and undermines the Divine command and wisdom, because the one who neglects them thinks that this is a sign of stronger trust in Allaah. But neglecting them is a sign of helplessness which contradicts putting one’s trust in Allaah, the essence of which is the heart’s dependence on Allaah to acquire that which will benefit a person in both his religious commitment and worldly affairs, and will ward off that which will harm him in both his religious commitment and worldly affairs. Alongside this dependence one must also take the means, otherwise one will be ignoring the wisdom and command of Allaah. We should not regard helplessness as putting our trust in Allaah, or putting our trust in Allaah as helplessness.
Ibn al-Qayyim in Zaad al-Ma’aad, 4/15 from source: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21368/tawakkul

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

Amat Allah
09-23-2011, 10:48 PM
You said nothing wrong and what I have posted from the sayings of Ibn Al Qayyim, I do believe in it my sweetheart...

and I told ya Allah gave that person what he was looking for cause he left something for Allah`s sake...

I am not saying that you just sit a side make Duaa and wait for the car you are dreaming of fall from the sky full of gaz and on ready to take it in a ride ...No, this is not what I meant...

how would I pointing to such meaning while I have posted that saying of Ibn Al Qayyim...that would only mean that I have some mental problems saying something then the oppiste of it...forgive me habibati...

you didn`t understand me it is to get things you want not only by relying on Allah but to work also to gain that thing...you can`t say I wana get that pen on that table and wait for it cause you trust Allah that He can make it run to you....yes He can do that but things are not working that way...

you understood the story in a different way ...read my second post again to understand in shaa Allah...^^ love you all madlyyy May Allah loev you Ameeen

Snowflake
09-26-2011, 05:40 PM
:sl my dear sisters, ameen to all the duaas and love yous sincerely for the sake of Allah

I agree with both your posts. I know if we want food on the table we can't sit there and make dua. That's clear. But that's about our efforts. The original post was about not asking from others. I see a difference in the two. So I do believe in matters which require help from others, it is better (not prohibited) to seek help from Allah alone. I know what it's like to be let down by others and deal with insensitive people, and although it hurt, ultimately it made me feel closer to Allah and eventually I stopped asking others and trusted in Allah to fulfill my needs. Al hamdulillah, I am not deceived. Allah's help has come to me when I've been standing in the street needing help as I've been to weak to go on but not calling anyone as everyone's busy doing their own thing. Then suddenly out of the blue someone has rang me asking if I need to go anywhere. There're days I've been too ill to cook and someone decides to drop some food off to me. That's just the tip of the ice burg. It's got nothing to do with being pious, or a great muslim. Wallahi I'm not. It's all in the yaqeen. It is true, if you have yaqeen, Allah does not disappoint.

Amat Allah
09-27-2011, 02:49 AM
I know what you mean habibati...

may Allah love you always and forever and May he never prevent ya from seeing His AlMighty Face in Jannatul AlFirdaws ever Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Snowflake
09-27-2011, 02:46 PM
^Ameen, and you too my beautiful sis <3 May Allah even for a millisecond never stop showering His love, mercy and blessings on you. Ameen thumma ameen

M.I.A.
09-27-2011, 03:04 PM
i went to a mosque for jumma and the imam was saying about how we should not ask for money or pressure people to pay us.
im struggling like mad at this point in my life so i thought have sabber.

then the collection box was passed around and the imam said the mosque needed £400 for something.

i felt like dieing on the spot, heres me in the prime of my life willing to work hard to try and support my family.
and im told im not allowed to ask but other people are.

granted the needs of the mosque are greater than my own,
so i emptied my pockets.

stupidity is never rewarded it would seem.

its become a running joke of my life i think, the more i ask the less i get.. and i only ever asked of god.

start part time work after having worked for the person for three months for free,

he knows im between a rock and a hard place.

he sets me up working between two shops, work a few hours in one and then a few hours at his place.

22 hours per week.

...22 hours per week? your just helping out in this place, im paying you for the few hours you do in the other shop.

10 hours per week.

lol if i wasnt laughing id be crying.

so if anybody finds the way to success please let me know. id ask my boss but...

lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!