/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The tulip fields of Holland.

Endymion
09-22-2011, 03:34 PM
If the sight of daffodils and other spring flowers raises your spirits after the greys of winter, why not pop across to the Netherlands and see the tulip fields in all their myriad colours? Let our gallery whet your appetite for the glory in store.

Each year, from March to May, the Dutch countryside becomes a sea of tulips, hyacinths and all manner of other flowers. Mere photos can only give a hint of the pure explosion of colour and scent all around. Amsterdam's bulb belt stretches for thirty miles from Haarlem, just outside the capital, to Leiden. Known as Bloembollenstreek – bloem is bloom or blossom, bollen is bulbs, and streek is region – it's a low land area close to the North Sea coast with a sandy soil and mild wet climate that makes it ideal for bulb cultivation.

The best way to view the sights is to rent a bike and cycle, maybe along the trail that links Oude Wetering and Gouda, or the one from Gouda to Willemstad where there is the attraction of the traditional Dutch windmills to add to the picture-perfection of the views. There's the chance to attend the biggest flower auction in the world at Aalsmer, or visit the Keukenhof gardens and have your breath taken away by the spectacle produced by over seven million flowering bulbs. “Get on you bike” never sounded such fun!

Keukenhof – know as the Garden of Europe – is the one of the best places to view the abundance of spring flowers in the South Holland region of the Netherlands

Amsterdam's flower market – the Bloemenmarkt – reflects the country's passion for cut flowers and plants

Around seven million bulbs are planted each year in the park at Keukenhof, in an area of 32 hectares

The Bloemenmarkt - set on the capital's Singel canal and said to be the world's only floating flower market - has a score of stalls where you can buy all sorts of plants, flowers, bulbs and seeds

The mild climate of Holland, with its wet springs makes it an ideal place for bulb cultivation

Tulips originated in the east and were brought to Holland from the Ottoman Empire in the mid 1500s

n springtime, the lowland area by the North Sea is carpeted with fields of gladioli, hyacinths, lilies, daffodils, crocuses... and, of course, tulips

Keukenhof - literally 'kitchen garden' - is part of the hunting grounds of the ancient Teylingen estate

This year, the theme for the Keukenhof exhibition is Germany: Land of Poets and Philosophers

The patchwork quilt of colours in the Keukenhof park, just outside Lisse in South Holland, is a veritable feast for the eyes

The bulbs of Keukenhof are re-planted each year according to the current trends and in collaboration with a number of gardening magazines

Spring in Keukenhof is one of the main tourist attractions of the Netherlands

The best way to appreciate the full glory of the Dutch spring is to hire a bike and cycle one of the tourist routes among the bulb fields

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
09-22-2011, 03:37 PM
I just fall inlove with you Sister, I know this thread is for me huhuhu

جوري
09-22-2011, 05:23 PM
You do know that the best Tulips come from Persia not Holland? & that they've basically imported it.. the name Lalee (in Persian) means Tulip.. it is their state flower and a popular girl's name..
unlike un cute albino rabbits who freak me out.. Flowers of any type are such a welcome sight & a treat for the senses...

thank you..

:w:

Endymion
09-23-2011, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
I just fall inlove with you Sister, I know this thread is for me huhuhu
Aww i love you too sis :wub:

And it is here by decleared that this thread has been dedicated to Sis Riana :alright::awesome::rock:

:giggling:

And another one for you

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
You do know that the best Tulips come from Persia not Holland? & that they've basically imported it.. the name Lalee (in Persian) means Tulip.. it is their state flower and a popular girl's name..
unlike un cute albino rabbits who freak me out.. Flowers of any type are such a welcome sight & a treat for the senses...

thank you..

:w:
Yup,im in love with Persian Roses since i was in School.The Schools were under the administration of people who belong to Persia and they brought thousands of Persian Rose plants for the School building and those were just amazing :wub:

Did you ever see a Purple rose sis?There was just one plant of that beautiful purple rose and Little Endy was mad about it :giggling:

I thought the name is "Lala" means "Desert Rose" :><:

You dont like Rabbits :ermm:
Hope you'll like this little creature :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shible
09-23-2011, 01:06 PM
I was there in Holland this season and it was a great sight. it is true that you can enjoy the Tulip very lively in fields and the season lasts from 6-8 weeks. and it would be between April end -June start

جوري
09-23-2011, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Did you ever see a Purple rose sis?
I always presumed they were white roses put in blue dye water.. but sob7an Allah, he creates what he wills..

I don't like any furry creatures unless they come in wearable form..

like this:

Alpha Dude
09-23-2011, 06:29 PM
^ You are a monster.

جوري
09-23-2011, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
^ You are a monster.
A devilishly stylish one.. Sheikha mawza can stand to take lessons.

but let's not derail the thread..

Abdul-Raouf
09-23-2011, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
I was there in Holland this season and it was a great sight. it is true that you can enjoy the Tulip very lively in fields and the season lasts from 6-8 weeks. and it would be between April end -June start
Arey bhai.. long time no see? u were in pune/chennai ...now holland.. Belgium.. international roaming.... Enjoiiii...:)

Regarding the OP:
Flowers...Mmmm yes.. Beautiful flowers... Alhamdulillah... (Is it like women are more attracted to flowers than men.. yes i think ?i!?)
What i can notice is ... the photographer was not completely focussing on the flowers.. in the first photo ^o)

Riana17
09-24-2011, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

Aww i love you too sis :wub:

And it is here by decleared that this thread has been dedicated to Sis Riana :alright::awesome::rock:

:giggling:

And another one for you
Salam Alaikkum all,

Sis Endy,

So kind of you :wub::wub::wub:

shible
09-26-2011, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Arey bhai.. long time no see? u were in pune/chennai ...now holland.. Belgium.. international roaming.... Enjoiiii
I came for project work Bhai, sorry didn't check the subscriptions, things are going on as i am in Belgium(europe) planning to cover most of Europe as much as i can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!