/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Islamic Board.com Is Great, But....

bamboozled
09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
:wa::sl:

MashAllah The Islamic Board is such a great tool but I just wanted to remind other Muslim brothers and Sisters that we should also be on other non-muslim run threads defending and spreading Islam. BUT...

I warn a lot of brothers and Sisters not to do this if there Emman (Islamic resolve) is weak, if that is the case educate yourself first (YouTube search Imans like Yasir Qhadi, Ahmed Deedat, Zakir Naik, Nourman Ali, Omer Sulieman....) then think about it again after a reasonable gap. But remember this Ayah:

"O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned that which is past; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.

A people asked such [questions] before you; then they became thereby disbelievers."

http://quran.com/5/101-102

Meaning, be careful what you ask (and therefore the content we read) if our Emmans are weak as there are others that prey on this weakness and try take us away from the path of Islam. Some of their lies are crazy lol.

I say this because a lot of non-muslim threads that I reguarly try to visit and defend Islam on, really bash Islam and spread some crazy lies that spread like fire. Its the extreme opposite of this thread, for that reason I am not going to promote that particular forum (it also has a lot of non-islamic threads about pre-marital relationships etc that I dont want to promote of get punished for spreading - But if you really feel you can totally avoid those posts and focus on defending Islam PM me and I will check your other posts on this forum and them PM you back the link), but there are many forums out there spreading lies.

We need to be making more of an effort, but at the same time we need to know what we are talking about otherwise we look like idiots.

If you have:

1. the knowledge,
2. the strong never-wavering emman,
3. the think skin and
4. the patience to put up with bullies, lies and rants...

Please defend Islam on other forums (but dont take my warning lightly though - they are on the total attack and some other websites that claim to be under the heading of Muslims say awful things about the Final Messenger of Islam (pbuh) and although we want to have a massive rant at them, its improtant we stick to the ways that are most beautiful and gracious).

[Two great websites I wish the world knew of and that will help endlessly are:

www.quran.com - Put this below every Quranic post like I did above as it encourages people to read the quran and the website is SOOOO tidy.

and

www.altafsir.com
(then click on Quranic Science - A sister on this thread told me about this know I use it all the time SubhanAllah).]

WE MUSLIMS NEED TO BE DOING MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

As an American Iman said "the bandwagon of Islam will move with, or without us - but it is in our best interest to be on it." Iman Omer Sulieman

What is wrong with us? We have the Truth and we just sit on our hands????????

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Predator
09-25-2011, 09:06 AM
They say :"Attack is the best form of defence" .A good options go to forums under a christian profile name and try to refute all their beliefs by exposing condradictions, absurdities etc and this opens the eyes of some Christians and they begin to doubt their faith and come closer to Islam . On the other hand , If you go there under a Muslim name and try the same thing,they start attacking islam with their lies and when they delete the posts and ban you when you attempt to refute them . Some wont even allow muslim name to register on their forums

Dagless
09-25-2011, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
They say :"Attack is the best form of defence" .A good options go to forums under a christian profile name and try to refute all their beliefs by exposing condradictions, absurdities etc and this opens the eyes of some Christians and they begin to doubt their faith and come closer to Islam .
You must know how annoying it is when others do that on here. Deception is never the way.

Predator
09-25-2011, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
You must know how annoying it is when others do that on here. Deception is never the way.
Well time to give back the taste of their own medicine. How is that deception ? The religion is full of man-made lies anyway

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
09-25-2011, 10:13 AM
How is that deception ?
Come on man, of course it's deception if you're pretending to be a Christian.

Be a muslim and be proud and state your arguments in the open. No need to hide behind something. Truth stands clear from falsehood and guidance is in the hands of Allah. Your purpose ought to be to guide others and send the message. If all you wish to do is 'expose' Christianity whilst not really caring they receive proper guidance, what is the point except gaining a cheap thrill?

Predator
09-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Come on man, of course it's deception if you're pretending to be a Christian. Be a muslim and be proud and state your arguments in the open. No need to hide behind something
Thats exactly what one cant do ,as they dont allow registeration of Muslims in their forums because of fear of Islamphobia and spreading of islam

. Truth stands clear from falsehood and guidance is in the hands of Allah. Your purpose ought to be to guide others and send the message.
By exposing the falsehood in their beliefs , they can also be guided to the right path

If all you wish to do is 'expose' Christianity whilst not really caring they receive proper guidance, what is the point except gaining a cheap thrill?
The gain is not for a cheap thrill but to open the eyes of would-be-Muslims.

bamboozled
09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Lol, back to the topic of the thread. We really shouldnt be bikering here when such lies about our religion are being so easily spread, lets focus on dealing with that issue for now.

Everyone please try and tell the world what Islam really is.

Also, if your Eeman is not particularly strong you could always copy this thread and put it on other Islamic forums (like Sunni path.com etc etc) but provide a soruce so people call all learn from one another. Allah knows best.

Did you know the LEGEND of Ahmed Deedat grew from one little book....

If you do copy and paste my OP dont forget the two links (www.quran.com and www.altafsir.com (then click quranic science on the left)) as these are soooo handy when doing dawah.

All I am trying to say is what is wrong with us? We have the truth but we dont share it!!!!

Allah knows best.

"To Allah we belong and to Allah we shall return"
http://quran.com/2/156

Tyrion
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Well time to give back the taste of their own medicine. How is that deception ? The religion is full of man-made lies anyway
By exposing the falsehood in their beliefs , they can also be guided to the right path
Airforce, your goal shouldn't be to convert them or to show off the superiority of your religion over theirs, but to just act as a reminder. If they take it, then good for them... If not, then oh well. No need for deception... Try to work on your intention first, because if you're really thinking like this then perhaps you shouldn't be worrying so much about non Muslims... When some kind of knowledge or truth comes to you, its important to not use that knowledge to argue or to be condescending and arrogant... (Er, I hope this post won't be taken the wrong way... That last bit was more of a general statement directed at no specific person.)

format_quote Originally Posted by bamboozled
I warn a lot of brothers and Sisters not to do this if there Emman (Islamic resolve) is weak, if that is the case educate yourself first
format_quote Originally Posted by bamboozled
We need to be making more of an effort, but at the same time we need to know what we are talking about otherwise we look like idiots.
I think the OP makes a decent point here, and one that's relevant to a lot of Muslims who spend their time on online forums. It's dangerous and foolhardy to walk into an argument/discussion when you don't have adequate knowledge of the subject at hand... The OP touched on Imaan, and religious knowledge... But I think it's just as important to remember this when it comes to anything... Too often do I see Muslims (here, and elsewhere) engaging others in debate over topics they know very little about... The science debates are usually the most painful to read. Share the truth, but please do your homework first. :p:

Predator
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion

Airforce, your goal shouldn't be to convert them or to show off the superiority of your religion over theirs, but to just act as a reminder. If they take it, then good for them... If not, then oh well. No need for deception... Try to work on your intention first, because if you're really thinking like this then perhaps you shouldn't be worrying so much about non Muslims... When some kind of knowledge or truth comes to you, its important to not use that knowledge to argue or to be condescending and arrogant... (Er, I hope this post won't be taken the wrong way... That last bit was more of a general statement directed at no specific person.)
There is no question of showing the superiority of Islam over another religions. First and foremost , The forums nazis wont allow muslims to register on the forums
So, the aim is to register as religion- unknown and start exposing the inconsistencies in their own religion .Lot of them do not enough about their own religion. You can see the story of many reverts of how they started to doubt whether their faith is truth and that is how it all starts

Ramadhan
09-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't go to non-muslim forums just because the lies that they spread about Islam is so sickening I really cannot stomach them.
I am also not even active in other Islamic forums who are very liberal in allowing non muslims to spew lies.

MSalman
09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
*long sigh* - actually no, this is very very bad advice and incorrect culture promoted by many laymen who have been recently exposed to 'defending Islam type dawah'. I will add more later but I think I touched upon this issue before here
. We need to sort out our priorities.

Mister Agenda
09-26-2011, 04:34 PM
You should know that it's a common conception among conservative Christians that it is an Islamic teaching that it's okay to be deceptive in order to gain converts. It's a misunderstanding (IMHO) of taqiyya, a mostly Shia teaching (yes, I know most of you probably know more about it than I do) that allows for them to conceal their religion when doing otherwise would risk loss of life or property. What I am trying to get at is that misrepresenting yourself as a Christian is exactly what Islamophobic Christians expect you to do.

Predator
10-06-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mister Agenda
You should know that it's a common conception among conservative Christians that it is an Islamic teaching that it's okay to be deceptive in order to gain converts. It's a misunderstanding (IMHO) of taqiyya, a mostly Shia teaching (yes, I know most of you probably know more about it than I do) that allows for them to conceal their religion when doing otherwise would risk loss of life or property. What I am trying to get at is that misrepresenting yourself as a Christian is exactly what Islamophobic Christians expect you to do.
Well what other way is there to gain converts in Christian forums where they dont allow muslims to register on their board.?

We have deceptive "Muslims" like MIA over here exposed in the below link and he managed to last a good 5 years or so before deciding to leave

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ml#post1469642

Similarly, by concealing the religion one will actually more likely last longer on an islamophobic christian board which would otherwise doesn allow Muslims to register on the board. We neednt even discuss Islam . By using books like Deedat's combat kit ,answering christianity website ,one can always expose all the fallacies in and make them doubt their beliefs which would make them come closer to Islam. I have often seen neutrals like atheists such as yourself debating christians about their own beliefs on their own board

Sunnie Ameena
10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I agree, pretending to be something you are not, to try and convince someone to be Muslim will only make them think bad things of Muslims and we don't need anymore of that. I say be yourself and tell others of the good things about Islam.

Predator
10-11-2011, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
I agree, pretending to be something you are not, to try and convince someone to be Muslim will only make them think bad things of Muslims and we don't need anymore of that. I say be yourself and tell others of the good things about Islam.
If only those Islamophobic forum nazis allowed you to register as a Muslim , they would be no issue being ourselves and telling good things about Islam.

Iconodule
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
They say :"Attack is the best form of defence" .A good options go to forums under a christian profile name and try to refute all their beliefs by exposing condradictions, absurdities etc and this opens the eyes of some Christians and they begin to doubt their faith and come closer to Islam .
I'm pretty amazed that this would be seriously contemplated as a missionary tactic. I hope this is not standard practice.

Iconodule
10-11-2011, 07:23 PM
If only those Islamophobic forum nazis allowed you to register as a Muslim , they would be no issue being ourselves and telling good things about Islam.
Is Islamicboard.com "nazis" because they don't allow Christians and others to proselytize here? No, it is a reasonable expectation for a religiously focused forum that other faiths should not be allowed to proselytize.

That said, if you come to Orthodoxchristianity.net/forum you can certainly register as a Muslim. You can even argue the merits of Islam, provided you are respectful and follow the forum rules.

Insaanah
10-11-2011, 07:52 PM
:sl:

As far as I thought, concealing your faith can only be done in life and death situations. This is not a life and death situation.

Well what other way is there to gain converts in Christian forums where they dont allow muslims to register on their board.?
It is not compulsory for us to register on Christian sites and gain converts from them. Each one of us cannot physically give da'wah to every person in the world. But we can do our bit, whatever we are able. If they don't let you register as a Muslim, leave it. Use your da'wah efforts productively elsewhere. Who says you must register on Christian sites? If some of them say hateful things about Islam, so do a lot of other people. Allah is watching them all, and will take everyone to account for their actions, and that includes them blocking the truth from reaching themselves. If you want to get the message of Islam to them, and they prevent you from doing so, then leave it, and take the message to where you can get it without resorting to deceipt.

You do not want to end up getting sin instead of thawaab.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

:sl:

Predator
10-11-2011, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

You do not want to end up getting sin instead of thawaab.
How is impersonation of an atheist and refuting of false beliefs a Sin ?

czgibson
10-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Greetings,

How is impersonation of an atheist and refuting of false beliefs a Sin ?
Surely because it is deceptive? That seems to be what other posters are suggesting to you.

Peace

Sunnie Ameena
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Bottom line is....it is a sin to lie, and deceiving others is lying.

Predator
10-14-2011, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
Bottom line is....it is a sin to lie, and deceiving others is lying.
Yes ,but If those forum nazi's allowed people to register to as a Muslim on the board , then one would need not register with the profile as Atheist.
There was a forum in which they said Allah is Moon God , i registered as a Muslim and tried to refute and they didnt even allow the post to appear on the board , whereas if i were to register and spend sometime enquiring and asking innocent questions about the religion , then i would be accepted there and whenever I see lies posted I can go and immediately refute it.

Sunnie Ameena
10-14-2011, 10:55 PM
I understand your point, but me personally, I would not deceive.

bamboozled
10-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Video relevant to OP (about having the knowledge), watch all the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVB8RnvJesA

Predator
11-13-2011, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iconodule
That said, if you come to Orthodoxchristianity.net/forum you can certainly register as a Muslim. You can even argue the merits of Islam, provided you are respectful and follow the forum rules.
Forget about the marketing of Islam , you are even afraid of the tough logical questions about your own beliefs and you start deleting the posts of the member immediately. I have seen this is many forums doing it to any new members and this gives a very bad impression about Christian forums as it shows you are not interested in any serious discussions and are just simply afraid that if islam spreads you can no longer enjoy the evils like wine,drugs,interest,pork,gambling etc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!