/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Another dream thread...

Who Am I?
09-23-2011, 03:08 PM
:sl:

Yes, it's another dream thread, but not of an adult nature. This past week I have had two dreams relating to Islam. I thought about posting this anonymously, but then decided to man up and post it under my name. Those of you who know me know my situation.

I am a recent convert who has been struggling to learn about Islam and how to be a better Muslim and a better man. I have not told my family yet about my conversion.

The first dream featured me being questioned at length by a certain government agency about my involvement at a local Islamic Center. They showed up at my house and interrogated me for hours. I never did see what happened after that becase I woke up.

The second dream happened last night. In this dream, I was at a convention with my family (I don't know what kind of convention) and we were going out to dinner. I had to return to my room to get something so I was not there for this next part. There were other Muslims at this convention and one of them met my family and began talking to them about Islam. Apparently this person already knew that I was a Muslim and they told my family. So when I rejoined the fam, they of course started asking me questions and tried to change my mind about Islam. Then I woke up.

So the thing is, I haven't decided if these dreams are warnings or signs from God or just the Enemy trying to confuse me and lead me astray.

Or they could mean absolutely nothing. I have considered that too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Dreams are from 3 places - i. shaytan, ii. Allah as a glad tiding or iii. as you know, from the subconscious.

The action usually taken on seeing a dream of bad nature is to seek refuge in Allah from the shaytan and then proceed to ignore it and it's also not a good idea to divulge it to anyone.

So yeah, if something has shocked you by a dream just ignore and don't attach any importance to it.

marwen
09-25-2011, 07:58 PM
I guess you're a little bit concerned about the new changes in your life and you're nervous about how your parents are going to react when they know about it. May be it's time to face your fears and ...to tell them, to stop the scary dreams :p

Abz2000
09-25-2011, 11:12 PM
there are satans among jinn and mankind - and they are both capable of whispering evil into your mind:

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.1. Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,
2. The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,
3. The God of Mankind,-
4. From the evil of the withdrawing Whisperer,
5. Who whispers into the breasts of Mankind,-
6. From among Jinns AND among men.

so we are told in the LAST chapter of the Quran that JInn AND men have or shall have the power to inspire evil.
it may be a test that Allah allows you to be put through to purge you of evil and make you strong - but the evil itself comes from Satan and his followers.
just be careful, in the world of man - make sure your doors are dead-locked before you sleep.
and in the world of the unseen - you must refer to the sources of knowledge and stick firmly to it.
satan has different methods, if fear doesn't work - he'll make it look as if you are required to do things outside the fold of Islam in order to do right (harming innocents in the name of Islam etc and landing in hell)
if that doesn't work he'll whisper temptations and useless stuff to fill your brain with.

you are being tested - you must stay firm and stick to the sources - or they'll drive you into confusion and doubt.

Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jeelaanee (1077-1166 CE), gave an account of an incident which he once experiened. This incident contains an explanation for both the visions of those who claim to have seen Allah, aswell as the reason why they often discard basic Islamic practises after such visions.
“One day,” he said, “I was deeply involved in worship when all of a sudden I saw before me a grand throne with a brilliantly shining light surrounding it. A thunderous voice then struck my ears:
‘Oh ‘Abdul-Qaadir, I am your Lord! For you I have made lawful that which I have forbidden for others’.”
‘Abdul-Qaadir asked, “Are you Allah besides whom there is no god?”
When there was no answer, he said; “Get away, Oh enemy of Allah.” And with that, the light vanished and dark-ness blanketed him.
The voice then said, “‘Abdul-Qaadir, you have succeeded in defeating my strategy because of your understanding of the religion and your knowledge.
I have managed to misguide over seventy worshippers by such incidents.”Afterwards, the people asked ‘Abdul-Qaadir how he realized that it was Satan.
He replied, “I recognized that it was Satan by his claim that Allah made lawful for me what He had forbidden to others,
because I knew that the divine law revealed to the Prophet (pbuh) could not be cancelled or changed.
I also realized who it was when Satan announced that he was my Lord, but was unable to confirm that he was Allah who is without any partner.”
Similarly some people in the past have reported that they have seen the Ka’bah and circled it in visions. Others have reported that a great throne was stretched out before them with a glorious being seated on it and a large number of men were ascending and descending around it. They considered the men to be angels and the glorious being to be Allah, the exalted and glorious, but in fact, it was Satan and his followers.
Consequently, it may be assumed that the basis to claims to seeing, Allah, either in dreams or in broad daylight, can be traced back to Satanic psychological and emotional states. In these states, Satan takes on glorious light forms and claims to those who are experiencing the visions that he is their Lord. Due to their ignorance of pure Tawheed [Monotheism], they accept such claims and thereby go astray.

"At the rate that technology is advancing, people will be implanting chips in our children to advertise directly into their brains and tell them what kind of products to buy,"

Hillary Clinton said at the Kaiser Family Foundation.

if you suspect anything other than that old Satan, you need to make sure you stay active in the community, find strong people, and yes - do speak about it - but never lose heart.
i am relating this to you as one who has been through VERY similar experiences, and i have even lashed out. but realised that Allah is the best of planners and since satan never gives up leading me more and more astray even if i give in - i must strive my utmost to ensure it doesn't happen to others after me.

also go to zmovie and watch - total recall, manchurian candidate, and universal soldier part 2,

it's not a laughing issue - it's real - but may jst be satan the jinn trying to mess with you.
do not tell your family - and do not tell the doctor - ask Allah for his strength, and do your best for others after you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!