/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boy brutally beaten for being a Muslim

MSalman
09-24-2011, 01:20 PM
A SCHOOLBOY from Sydney's north was brutally bashed and verbally abused by more than 20 students for being Muslim, the boy has claimed.

Hamid Mamozai, 15, was allegedly hit up to a dozen times by two fellow students at Asquith Boys' High School on Wednesday as several more cheered and hurled racial abuse from the sidelines.

''[They were saying] hit him more, hit him more, he deserves it, you terrorists, go back to where you came from, go blow something up,'' Hamid told Channel 10.

He said he was kneed in the face four of five times and hit up to 15 times in the face.

Hamid was taken to hospital unconscious and with internal bleeding but suffered no serious injuries.

Najia, Hamid's sister, said he had been subjected to racial abuse at the school for up to two years and was ''emotionally and mentally sick'' because of it.

''The boy is scared … he doesn't get out of the house,'' she said.

His mother, Hosna, who fled war-torn Afghanistan 20 years ago, said she had repeatedly complained to the school to no effect.

''I just want to know why this is happening, why the principal doesn't care that students are being bullied, why don't they stop it? I want other parents to know why this is happening,'' she said.

Asquith Boys' High declined to comment last night.

In response to inquiries from the Herald, a spokesman for the Department of Education said one student had been suspended for 20 days and the police had been informed.

Teachers provided immediate assistance to Hamid and called his family and an ambulance when the incident occurred, the spokesman said.

Hamid and his family have been offered counselling and the school has arranged to meet with Mrs Mamozai this morning.

''Racism is not tolerated by Asquith Boys' High School, which disciplines students engaged in such behaviour and supports students subjected to it,'' the spokesman said.

''Disciplinary action has been taken against students who have previously used racist language to the injured student. Due to the police investigation, it is inappropriate to comment further on the incident at this stage.''
Schoolboy was beaten 'for being a Muslim' | smh.com.au

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
I've always felt Australia to be quite intolerant. Never been there, though, and I mean no offence to any Australians reading. But that's my honest gut feeling on the issue.

Salahudeen
09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
imsad did this make TV news in Australia?

جوري
09-24-2011, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I've always felt Australia to be quite intolerant. Never been there, though, and I mean no offence to any Australians reading. But that's my honest gut feeling on the issue.
I have only such expectations from a colony composed almost in totality by British convicts!
The problem is when we don't fight back.. as many non-Muslim members here are quick with their chastising.. It is ok for one 'right wing nutter' to do such and such but not ok for us to paint the majority of them by the same colors... it is very difficult to perceive them as anything but bigoted racists steeped in ignorance and intolerance!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

subhaan'Allaah, this is sad!

May Allaah SWT ease his situation and increase him in strength and grant him happiness Aameen

MSalman
09-25-2011, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
The problem is when we don't fight back
this is exactly the problem...Muslim parents are not doing justice to children, specially the boys, by keeping them weak minded. These bullies are going to be among the next generation of Islamophobes and some will become soldiers who'll bomb our Muslims brothers/sisters. But we are teaching our children Islam means peace, love and tickles.

These boys should have been punished severely - few weeks of suspension isn't going to straighten them out. One brother suggested that there should be a hall of shame for these kinds of people.

May Allah protect Muslims around the world, ameen.

Abz2000
09-26-2011, 05:07 AM
we should avoid the term racism in this context as it is a term the news media use to cause a psychological divide and alienation.

this was not a racial issue but to do with the fact that he believes that God is One - no matter what land he may be from.

they are aware that they are losing the battle of ideas and choose to use un-related words so people feel inherently and unchangeably divided from birth.

Salahudeen
09-26-2011, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MSalman
this is exactly the problem...Muslim parents are not doing justice to children, specially the boys, by keeping them weak minded. These bullies are going to be among the next generation of Islamophobes and some will become soldiers who'll bomb our Muslims brothers/sisters. But we are teaching our children Islam means peace, love and tickles.

These boys should have been punished severely - few weeks of suspension isn't going to straighten them out. One brother suggested that there should be a hall of shame for these kinds of people.

If you teach anything else then you're classed as extremist and they slap a terrorism charge on you :hmm:

جوري
09-26-2011, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MSalman

I was bullied alot in Junior High in a really prestigious school you'd think they'd know better. Well one day while this girl and the rest were making their circle around me to harass me, I grabbed her she was the head B and always the instigator and I beat the crap out of her until she begged me to stop walhi just punched and kicked the devil out of her, I still remember that day because I was so overtaken with rage, and then they suspended me from school and my dad had to come in and I had all these punishments like writing an essay (which I used to highlight the plight of Palestinians to the head frog who was a Jew) he had to take me on the side and tell me how sad he felt that I was carrying all that inside he was so full of S like the rest, and I had to go to counseling etc but you know what, my dad was really proud of me my parents didn't punish me so it was important that I had their support. I promise you after that day no one dared say anything about me, at least not to my face the way they blatantly would torment me before..

And I honestly think it is that easy. I am not condoning violence or anything and I was only 11 or 12 at the time, but these people need to understand what the case effect relationship is of bullying. They have people committing suicide or going postal here all the time you'd think they'd instate some anti-bullying laws under full extent punishment.. but they don't and then wonder how they could have prevented this or that later on!

MSalman
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
^recent victim of bullying, suicide by 11year old disabled boy in Canada: Disabled Pickering boy took his own life after he was mugged and bullied

Masah'Allah, you did very well and I'm proud of your parents. Imagine, how you would have felt if they had punished your or something - that's the worse thing that parents can do to their children while they think they are teaching you "Islamic" adab. May Allah bless you and your parents.

That wouldn't come under violence though - self defense ;). No Muslim should bully anyone or use violence but we shouldn't be wimp & weak either.

I'm not sure if you anyone came across this but few months ago 5th grader boy was bullied (striped) and filmed by 8th grader girls in U.S.. The video was uploaded on youtube. The boy's mom forgave the girls - now imagine the trauma the boy would be going through. they most likely ruined his life. If it was done by boys or even worse by some Muslim, the punishment would have been far severe. More double standards by western justice system!

Abz2000
09-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Abu Uthman al Nahdi Radiya-allahu anhu said:
We received a letter from Umar (ra) when we were with Utbah bin Farqad in Azerbaijan. He said:
“…Wear the dress of your father Ismael and beware of luxury and the clothes of the non Muslims. Spend time under the sun since it is the bath of the Arabs.
Be rough, be coarse, and be prepared. Sometimes walk barefoot, and jump over horsebacks rather than climb them. Shoot targets and walk between them”
[Al Sunnan al Kubra by al Bayhaqi with an acceptable chain]

•Amr bin Absah Radiya-allahu anhu said we were laying siege to al Taif and I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) say:
“Whoever shoots an arrow in the sake of Allah will be rewarded like one who has freed a slave” Amr said I shot 16 arrows on that day.
[Al Nasa'i – al Hakim – Tirmithi – Abu Dawud]

•Faqeem al Lakhmi Radiya-allahu anhu told Uqbah bin Amer Radiya-allahu anhu:
“You are running between these two targets and you are at this old age!”
Uqbah(RA) said: “If it wasn’t for some words I heard from the Messenger of Allah I wouldn’t have gone through this”
The narrator asked what those words were, he (ra) said:
Whoever learns target shooting and then abandons it is not one of us – or he said, “has committed a sin
[Muslim]

look at this amazing skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chDYK...el_video_title

A-Believer-25
09-30-2011, 08:40 PM
:sl:

May Allah (SWT) heal him and grant him patience and bless him, ameen!

Reading this kind of stuff is sickening. It's amazing how many of the kuffar are ignorant idiots! Do they really think we are all terrorists? These kuffar are the real terrorists! They are attacking that boy for just being Muslim. May Allah (SWT) protect the Muslim ummah, ameen!

MartyrX
09-30-2011, 08:46 PM
We have to learn to stand our ground. Their are billions of us and we aren't killing people. We aren't the ones doing the harassing, but it is us that are being pushed around for the actions of a few..

Jedi_Mindset
10-01-2011, 12:06 PM
May Allah(SWT) help this brother and make him strong. Ameen.

Nowadays, we've got things like this, especially after the 9/11 events. I see it here to, my brother(May Allah guide him to the right path Ameen) said to a muslimah: ''Is it fun to have a towel on your head''? which got me very angry, but this is just one example, and a small one, muslims are even getting killed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!