/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American Justice Strikes again: US soldier jailed for ONLY seven years

MSalman
09-24-2011, 09:06 PM
A US soldier has been sentenced to seven years in prison for his role in the murders of Afghan civilians last year.

Pvt 1st Class Andrew Holmes, 21, was among five soldiers charged over the "thrill killings" of the three civilians during patrols in Kandahar. The murders have been described as among the most serious war crimes charges to emerge from the Afghanistan war.

Holmes, from Boise, Idaho, confessed in court to firing a heavy machine gun at a boy from 15 feet away, after his co-defendant threw a grenade at him.

He was accused of directly participating in the first killing and initially charged with premeditated murder among other charges.

But in a deal with prosecutors, Holmes pleaded guilty to murder by an inherently dangerous act, as well as possessing a finger bone from his victim and smoking hashish.

Judge Lt Col Kwasi Hawks sentenced him on Friday to seven years in jail, saying there was no excuse for the murder.

"You aimed a fully loaded squad automatic weapon at [a] child that stood 15 feet away," he said.

However, Hawks also told the defendant, "I hope and I believe you will have a long and productive life, and I believe a happy life."

Holmes told the judge he wanted the "opportunity to be a son, a brother, a nephew".

His family cried as his sentence was given.

The soldiers, from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, south of Seattle, were arrested in Afghanistan last year after prosecutors said they killed the three men for sport in January, February and May of 2010.

Prosecutors say that in addition to the murders by the group, formerly known as the 5th Stryker Brigade but renamed the 2nd Stryker Brigade, some of the defendants kept body parts severed from the corpses and photos as war trophies.

Holmes' sentence came one day after he changed his plea to guilty in a deal with army prosecutors.

Holmes will receive credit for the 499 days he has already been behind bars and could leave prison early on good behaviour, it was reported.

He will receive a dishonorable discharge after serving his sentence, said army spokesman Joe Kubistek. Holmes will also forfeit his army pay.

During the closing argument in his case, prosecutor Major Rob Stelle showed a large photo of Holmes standing over his victim.

"It was callous, reckless indifference, a depraved heart," he said of the killing.

"The accused had a choice. He pulled the trigger and ended that man's life."

Holmes' lawyer, Dan Conway, argued his client was a 19-year-old soldier placed in a difficult situation.

Drug use was said to be rampant in the army unit.

One soldier who blew the whistle on hash smoking by his comrades was beaten up and threatened in retaliation.
US soldier jailed for seven years over murders of Afghan civilians | World news | guardian.co.uk

I hope this is a credibale source of news for some people and not just a 'conspiracy' by Islamists against our 'innocent' & brave 'heroes'

So this filthy murderer jailed for ONLY seven years for brutally murdering innocent civilians (including kids) in Afghanistan. One of them even confessed that they were doing it for fun. However, people like Baber Ahmed are jailed without any charges or trial. People like Tarek Mehnna are jailed because they translate Arabic to English. Aafia Siddiqui was jailed for 86 years for just attempting to kill an american soldier, who wasn't neither killed nor that attempt was even proven.

If this is an enlightenment world & we have to adopt their values and try to co-exist with them then I am free for it. How can the munafiqeen ask us to work with these unjust people or the modernists ask us to sacrifice our values for their "enlightened" values!!?

May Allah hasten the release of unjustly imprisoned Muslims around the world, ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-28-2011, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MSalman
So this filthy murderer jailed for ONLY seven years for brutally murdering innocent civilians (including kids) in Afghanistan. One of them even confessed that they were doing it for fun. However, people like Baber Ahmed are jailed without any charges or trial. People like Tarek Mehnna are jailed because they translate Arabic to English. Aafia Siddiqui was jailed for 86 years for just attempting to kill an american soldier, who wasn't neither killed nor that attempt was even proven.
Now you get it..and that's why they hate shari3a.. They want nothing remotely close to justice.. their laws are executed purely based on the depth of their hatred..
May they receive the swift justice of God & be gathered eternally unto hell with the devil that spawned them

ameen

MSalman
09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
^Allahuma Ameen

Abz2000
09-28-2011, 02:01 PM
May Allah raise from amongst us those who seek not the pleasure of the mujrimeen,
And who speak the truth and strive without fear of rejection or persecution.
Sadly from the suffering of these people. The world is now learning who the real terrorists are.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
09-28-2011, 03:30 PM
:sl:

There is no longer any equality under the law. There is only a pretense of equality. Our Constitution is no longer held sacred, and daily are our freedoms taken from us. How much longer will this go on? When will people wake up and open their eyes to the truth?

جوري
09-28-2011, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
May Allah raise from amongst us those who seek not the pleasure of the mujrimeen,
Sadly from the suffering of these people. The world is now learning who the real terrorists are.
possibly one of the best videos out there and sums it up best. You know who will establish justice? It isn't these kaffirs they stand with the devil. We need to rise again like the rashidun like khalid once did.. he was one man but we're billions.. how can we let these atrocities continue?

Abz2000
09-28-2011, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
How much longer will this go on? When will people wake up and open their eyes to the truth?
it's a continuing process - just like it happened to you, it happened to me, and others are going through various stages as we speak
- don't lose hope, and above all, don't suppose victory will ultimately come from all the awakened masses
- our duty is only to strive and call them, and they're duty is to wake up, strive and call others,
and when the harvest is ripe, Allah may take them or let them see the victory :)

Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.
Quran 47:35

MSalman
09-28-2011, 11:48 PM
ameen

May Allah guide this woman to Islam. Maybe the munafiqeen hidden in our ummah and the tawagheet ruling in our lands can learn few things from her.

جوري
09-29-2011, 12:01 AM
^^ I think she's Muslim? she has an Arabic name!

Who Am I?
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM
it's a continuing process - just like it happened to you, it happened to me, and others are going through various stages as we speak
- don't lose hope, and above all, don't suppose victory will ultimately come from all the awakened masses
- our duty is only to strive and call them, and they're duty is to wake up, strive and call others,
and when the harvest is ripe, Allah may take them or let them see the victory :)

Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.
Quran 47:35
:sl:

Well, that is what I do. I try to tell the ones I know about the truth. Some of them listen, but most don't want to hear it. Much as I used to pretend it was not happening in the hopes that it would go away. But I can no longer sit idly by.

A-Believer-25
09-30-2011, 11:33 PM
This is truly sickening!

May Allah (SWT) rid the Earth of these human devils, ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!