/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2012

GuestFellow
09-25-2011, 03:09 PM
:sl:

I have decided to create this topic because I've noticed more and more people are starting to believe that something bad is going to happen in 2012. Some say it is the end of the world while others say there will be a major war.

So what have caused people to believe this? Are these people paranoid?

Share your views. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Wa alaykum salam

Are these people paranoid?
Yes, paranoid... along with: naive and retarded. :p:

ardianto
09-25-2011, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
So what have caused people to believe this?
The 2012 movie.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-25-2011, 03:53 PM
I dont know what people think about the year 2012 but I know for sure that the year 2012 will mark the end of the year 2011... :p:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
09-25-2011, 03:55 PM
So what have caused people to believe this?
The Mayan calendar

Dagless
09-25-2011, 03:59 PM

Just_A_Girl13
09-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Yes, paranoid... along with: naive and retarded.
I hate to be obnoxious, but it upsets me when people use the word "retarded" as an insult. I work with people who are mentally disadvantaged every day and they are the sweetest, most loving people you will ever meet. Can you please try to refrain from this in the future? Jazak Allahu Khair :) I do agree with you, though. There have been no signs that the end of the world is approaching, therefore, these people are silly to believe that.

Alpha Dude
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
Assalaamu alaikum,
I hate to be obnoxious, but it upsets me when people use the word "retarded" as an insult. I work with people who are mentally disadvantaged every day and they are the sweetest, most loving people you will ever meet. Can you please try to refrain from this in the future? Jazak Allahu Khair :) I do agree with you, though. There have been no signs that the end of the world is approaching, therefore, these people are silly to believe that.
Wa alaykum salam,

The use of retard is pretty common nowadays when referring to people who do 'unclever' things. Much like the words idiot, moron and even stupid... these all pretty much mean mentally disadvantaged.

But fair enough.

Crystal
09-25-2011, 04:30 PM
I think people just like to scare themselves - I don't know why people buy into a lot of things but 2012 is just another one of those things people seem to be obsessed with but the same thing happened with the year 2000 and the world didn't end. And when 2012 comes someone will claim another year is the end of the year and so on.

GuestFellow
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
The 2012 movie.
To be honest, I thought most would not take that movie seriously.

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
I dont know what people think about the year 2012 but I know for sure that the year 2012 will mark the end of the year 2011... :p:
:p:

format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
The Mayan calendar
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless

LOL

format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
I think people just like to scare themselves - I don't know why people buy into a lot of things but 2012 is just another one of those things people seem to be obsessed with but the same thing happened with the year 2000 and the world didn't end. And when 2012 comes someone will claim another year is the end of the year and so on.
I think your right. Some people do like to scare themselves.

EDIT:

Oh what about Nostradumas. What has he got to do with 2012?

marwen
09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't believe this 2012 cr**p. But I can imagine how funny would it be if something of any importance happens in 2012. All these people will be like : Ha ! did you see ! we warned you ;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM

ardianto
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM
To be honest, I thought most would not take that movie seriously.
To be honest. In my place nobody believe The 2012 Doomsday seriously.

GuestFellow
09-25-2011, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
To be honest. In my place nobody believe The 2012 Doomsday seriously.
I think it is more popular in western countries.

M.I.A.
09-25-2011, 06:08 PM
well the western world has pretty much bankrupted itself setting up the rest of the world(liberating) so they are probably expecting something..
but in case you missed 2011 look forward to 2012.

funny thing is china and russia still have there wat? face on.

hopefully it will peter out and the economies will sort themselves out in 2012, i like being an optimistic weatherman.

false alarm people!

Al-Mufarridun
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM

Fear Inc.

Tyrion
09-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Nobody actually takes this stuff seriously... It's just been a popular topic for a few years now, because of the Mayan calender and all that. People just like obsessing over possible apocalypse scenarios.

IslamicRevival
09-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Its actually the Media who have brainwashed the masses into thinking something is going to happen in 2012
Maybe we'll see a false flag operation in 2012 IE another 9/11, we will see

Tyrion
09-26-2011, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Its actually the Media who have brainwashed the masses into thinking something is going to happen in 2012
Maybe we'll see a false flag operation in 2012 IE another 9/11, we will see
I haven't noticed anyone in the media brainwashing anyone with 2012 stuff... Honestly, I've yet to see a sane person take these doomsday warnings seriously. The media and public seem to be taking the 2012 story just as seriously as they took the May 21st (Now moved to October 21st) Rapture. :p:

Who Am I?
09-26-2011, 03:59 PM

You know what I think will happen?

Absolutely nothing. The sun will go down on 12/21/12 and come up again on 12/22/12.

I don't know what the Qur'an says about it, but even the Bible talks about this: "No man knows the hour but my Father."

So as long as people predict "the end of the world" it won't happen.

Mister Agenda
09-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I hear the remaining Mayans are a bit peeved about people making such a big deal out of their old calendar.

m2p
09-26-2011, 05:23 PM
if you are muslim then know that the end of the world will not take place until allah's names is not mentioned upon the earth however conspiracy theorists believe that something will happen at the london olympics by secret societys such as illuminati ect wether this is true allah knows best but we should trust in allah. they plot and plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of Planners

m2p
09-26-2011, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines

You know what I think will happen?

Absolutely nothing. The sun will go down on 12/21/12 and come up again on 12/22/12.

I don't know what the Qur'an says about it, but even the Bible talks about this: "No man knows the hour but my Father."

So as long as people predict "the end of the world" it won't happen.
The quran says : 7:187 (Asad) theY WILL ASK thee [O Prophet] about the Last hour: "When will it come to pass?" Say: "Verily, knowledge thereof rests with my Sustainer alone. None but He will reveal it in its time. Heavily will it weigh on the heavens and the earth; [and] it will not fall upon you otherwise than of a sudden." they will ask thee - as if thou couldst gain insight into this [mystery] by dint of persistent inquiry!

Who Am I?
09-26-2011, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m2p
The quran says : 7:187 (Asad) theY WILL ASK thee [O Prophet] about the Last hour: "When will it come to pass?" Say: "Verily, knowledge thereof rests with my Sustainer alone. None but He will reveal it in its time. Heavily will it weigh on the heavens and the earth; [and] it will not fall upon you otherwise than of a sudden." they will ask thee - as if thou couldst gain insight into this [mystery] by dint of persistent inquiry!

So, pretty much the same thing that the Bible says.

Which makes sense. Allah is the best of planners.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!