/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Holocaust and the BBC

GuestFellow
09-26-2011, 03:40 PM
:sl:

I decided to discuss two issues in one topic because they are linked. Okay...

I'm curious. Why do some people react so strongly to those that question the holocaust or those that deny it? It just seems strange to me. Why do I get the impression you cannot question this event, otherwise you will be labeled anti-semitic/racist? Many people were killed during the holocaust but Jewish lives appear to be more valuable. Some Turkish citizens deny the Armenian genocide but they are not seen as racist/anti-semitic.

I recently watched a BBC Conspiracy Files documentary about the London Bombings.

Nicholas Kollerstrom (historian/scientist from London University) questioned the government version of the attack. The BBC claimed that since he questioned/denied the holocaust, his analysis of the attacks must have been flawed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ky5Xzmyzg

^ From watching this video, it appears he does not actually deny the holocaust, but takes issue with the gas chambers. So is questioning/denying the holocaust wrong/racist? o_o Is questioning the holocaust means you are denying it?

Now the BBC is considered to be impartial by many viewers from my experience. However, sometimes the BBC makes serious errors like mis-interpreting what Ahmadinejad said about wiping Israel off the map, misrepresenting the Flotilla attack, not explaining what Kuffar actually means, encouraging the lies about Wahhabism and so on. What do you think of the BBC?

Share your views.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
:bump1:

o_o

Who Am I?
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM

Well all I can say is, you would think that if anyone would be mindful of the treatment of religious minorities in their lands, it would be the Jews.

's all I'm saying...

GuestFellow
09-27-2011, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines

Well all I can say is, you would think that if anyone would be mindful of the treatment of religious minorities in their lands, it would be the Jews.

's all I'm saying...
:wa:

I'm not sure what you mean. o___o

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
:wa:

I'm not sure what you mean. o___o

Everyone makes a big deal out of the Holocaust, in which millions of Jews were executed by the Nazis. The Jews were a religious and ethnic minority in Germany who were blamed for the sorry state of Germany after WW1. This is why nobody objected when they were rounded up and executed.

So fast forward to now. You would think that the current Israeli state would be mindful of their own history as the victims and treat their Palestinian minorities better.

جوري
09-27-2011, 07:00 PM
^^ the loss of any human life is tragic. It is true that Jews weren't the only ones to suffer Hitler's wrath and it is also true that they have taken hitler's hate and used his methods against another people not for five but sixty plus yrs. nonetheless it isn't a small thing for human life to be lost just because another group decided to devalue it. No one has a right to take a life that God created outside of the means of crime. I am sad that the Jews have learned nothing from history save the distillate of heinous actions to commit against another, but I am deeply disturbed that whether Hitler or Mao Xedong or tyrants just like them snuff millions of people's lives as if they were noting more than mere garbage..

:w:

Al-Mufarridun
09-28-2011, 10:27 AM
one of my fav crosstalk episodes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!