/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Confess My Wakness Before You,My Lord.

Endymion
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Prophet Mohammad

(sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) prayed:-

β€œTo You my Lord I confess my weakness,

my lack of wit

and my Inconsequence

before People.

Dear Merciful Lord,

you are Master of the Weak

and Master of those who depend

upon me.

How much longer shall they Revile me?

How much longer shall my enemies

hold sway over me?

As long as You are not angry

with me then

nothing else can matter.

Your might is greatest before me and

so I seek refuge in the Light of

Your Countenance,

in the Light that drives away

all Darkness !
and in which all things of this world

and the

next find meaning.

Whether You visit upon me Your Wrath

or Relieve me of my Burden,

such is Your Right .

until You are Pleased.

Truly there is no power nor glory

but in You.”

[Ibn Hisham: As-Seera an-Nabawiyyah]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
09-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Beautiful mashAllah.

Reminds me of this dua...

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَمَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta

O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

Commentry: Shaddad ibn Aws (radiAllahu anhu) relates that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said that he (Sayyid al-Istighfar) most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is to say (the above du'a). That "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."
[sahih al-Bukhari; 8,75,318, at-Tirmidhi; 3393, an-Nasa'i; 5522, Ahmad; 16662]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!