/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalam Alaikum from Holland :)

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Assalam O Alaikum

I'm glad that i've joined this forum, a couple of days ago, still didn't had posted my introduction thread so i'll do it now :) Alhamdulillah

I'm Robin broekmans from (As the title says) Holland. I'm 16 years old and live in a house with family (My mother, brother and me ofcourse)

My nationality is Dutch. I speak only dutch, and english to(Might make some mistakes since it isn't my first language). I got told about this forum by bro Scimitar, he is a good brother Mash'Allah. But ok i'll tell further about my life.

My life wasn't very good either, my parents fought everyday, and at a moment i was very misguided. Did very bad stuff also. Until i met some muslim friends, they told me a bit about islam and so on. I was very interested and suprised at the same time, because i was grown up with very bad stories about islam and so on (Thanks to media also). So i searched(Still searching) more about it. (In the meanwhile a friend showed me the arrivals, which did make it a bit more clear, but i was still confused). I read qu'ran verses, hadeeths also. And they are very peacefull and not what i was told on TV. Also the islamic prophecies are very true, with what is happening today. Which make me no doubt that it is indeed the truth. Also it respect other faiths, and all the prophets(Peace be upon all of them) are in it to.

I'm still not reverted yet, and Insha'Allah it will be soon.

Now a bit about my hobbies. I like doing exercise very much, (i train every day) and also a bit of soccer, running/sprinting.
I'm very tall also 1.92 meters aka 6 feet 4 inch.

So this was a bit about me, i can't wait that you guys help me more to make me closer to Allah and ofcourse to know more about islam. :) I want to discuss with people from other faiths also, this forum is a real common ground Mash'Allah.

Salaam (May Allah bless you all,Ameen)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alhamdulilaah
09-27-2011, 03:32 PM
wa alaikum as salam,

welcome to the forum, inshAllah hope u will like it here. Read your story and its amazing.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold
that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

Scimitar
09-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Assalaam Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu brother Jedi_Mindset.

Allahu Akbar, Alhamdulillah, I am overly joyed that you joined here too. I have a very big smile on my face. I just wanted to point out that, though you may not have had the opportunity to take your shahadah yet (due to family and other factors) - I already count you as a Muslim, because you beleive in Allah as the ONE GOD, Creator of all, The Most Merciful and Beneficient to all HIS creations - and you also believe that Nabi Muhammad (pbuh) is the final messenger and prophet, the seal of all prophethood. This, technically makes you a Muslim. The act of taking the shahadah is a formalisation of that intent.

Insha-Allah it will happen for you sooner rather than later.

Your ability to grasp concepts in relation to faith and the internal struggles of humanity, at your age - is very rare. I really like the way you understand things and relate them in conversation - for your young years, I find this incredible. Masha-Allah.

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Salaam,

How are you doing sis? :D

Thanks for welcoming me, i really appreciate it. (May Allah(SWT) bless you and your family. Ameen)
Also thanks for the Surahs u posted :D i'll enjoy to learn/read more Insha'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
09-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Sister? LOL... Grrrr.

Insha-Allah, your learning will be assisted by Allah SWT divine mercy. If you want the translations for the Surahs, with tafsir - let me know. But for now, try and memorise them - they are short. It may take you some time, because you are not learning the alphabet yet. So you cannot read the arabic. But you have the mp3's with mujawwad (pronunciation) in a slow, deliberate recitation.

May Allah make your road easy to walk, Ameen.

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Oh roffle didn't saw your post bro (Facepalm, yes i learned to facepalm from him)
Yes bro, will get them on my mp4 Insha'Allah. Thanks for helping me bro, May Allah bless you and your efforts. Ameen. Insha'Allah i'll learn arabic to, ;)

Ansariyah
09-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Salam & Welcome Robin:)

Such an interesting intro, hope to see more of you on the forum bro!

Scimitar
09-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Robin, I think I got my/your post confused too (epic facepalm)

*we need a facepalm smiley*

جوري
09-27-2011, 04:00 PM
:welcome: aboard Robin, Enjoy your stay with us..

Ramadhan
09-27-2011, 04:06 PM
salam Robin,

hope you have enjoyable and beneficial stay here.
Where in Holland are you?
I lived in holland for a brief period while doing some study project at UVA (universiteit Van Amsterdam) and living in utrecht :)

alhamdulilaah
09-27-2011, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Salaam,

How are you doing sis? :D

Thanks for welcoming me, i really appreciate it. (May Allah(SWT) bless you and your family. Ameen)
Also thanks for the Surahs u posted :D i'll enjoy to learn/read more Insha'Allah
I think this was for me as I am a sister here. alhamdulilaah, I am fine.InshAllah, hope u and ur family r fine by the Grace of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'la). I am sorry I replied in short because I was fasting, it was about our time here for Iftar. Its nice to hear from Holland, land of flowers to land of desert and sunshine.My sister lives near u, in Sweden.

MashAllah its nice to hear that u have great hobbies and u r active.

May Allah give you His love, and love of those who love Him, and deed that would get His love, ameen.

alhamdulilaah
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Sister? LOL... Grrrr.

Insha-Allah, your learning will be assisted by Allah SWT divine mercy. If you want the translations for the Surahs, with tafsir - let me know. But for now, try and memorise them - they are short. It may take you some time, because you are not learning the alphabet yet. So you cannot read the arabic. But you have the mp3's with mujawwad (pronunciation) in a slow, deliberate recitation.

May Allah make your road easy to walk, Ameen.

Now, brother Scimitar, I was the first one here, so a sister was here first to welcome, and that is why jedi_mindset was replying to a sister.

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Salaam,

I live nearby Alkmaar, not far from Amsterdam also. Thanks for welcoming me :)

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks Alhamdulilaah, Ameen to your dua's :) Sorry for the double post btw :phew

Well Sweden is not that close LOL but yes if you compare it on a worldwide scale, it's not far away. Nice that you are fasting, that's very good Mash'Allah. Holland is known about it's tullips(Imported from turkey btw) they're very beautifull, especially during the spring (When there are much)

Scimitar
09-27-2011, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alhamdulilaah

Now, brother Scimitar, I was the first one here, so a sister was here first to welcome, and that is why jedi_mindset was replying to a sister.
Yeah, I realised that after my post and had to give myself repeat facepalms lol... Salaam Sister.

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Hehe has your forehead already turned red? roffle

Anyway, really thanks for the welcoming replies, makes me really feel good Alhamdulillah :)

Scimitar
09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes... erm, it has. I think I'm getting used to the pain of facepalming myself though... nothing quite like a self inflicted ottoman slap, I must say hehe

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 05:05 PM
oh yes, the ottoman slap. Anyway good that u got me here bro, or better say; Alhamdulillah

Riana17
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Salam Alaikkum Little 6 Feet Brother,

Welcome to IB, Mashallah nice story. Alhamdollelah, it seems you will find the right path soon inshallah.

We were just having little chat here about Holland and of course my favorite flower the tulips, and here you go.Subhanallah, will you watch the tulips there for us??? :)

You are most welcome to ask anything you wanna know :) Peace be with you

SFatima
09-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome jedi, if you're so sensible at 16 MashAllah, you'll go a long way on the truthful way of life inshAllah, I had started loosing hope in the teens of today , but i guess i was wrong :) Hope you learn and benefit yourself plenty here inshAllah, stay blessed..

Muslim Woman
09-27-2011, 05:16 PM
:wa:

Welcome to Islam , brother :statisfie

FS123
09-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Welkom broer!

That's from only few dutch words I know, with a little help from a friend. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Walaikum Salaam

Oh yes i'm very little with my 6 feet haha. Yes, i like tullips also, very colorfull and beautifull Subhan'Allah :) Insha'Allah i'll find the right path, May Allah guide me to it to. Since i've a few problems with reverting (Family problems and so on) Prejudices about islam. If you want to know more, just posted a thread in the New muslim section ;) May Allah bless you sis. Ameen.

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
FS123 yup welkom broer means welcome brother. Thanks for the welcoming

muslim Woman Alhamdulillah :D Praise to Allah

Samiun
09-27-2011, 06:50 PM
:sl:, welcome to this board brother111!!! Allahuakbar! Ahh.. You watched the arrivals too eh? I quit watching it after discovering how it was disliked by scholars among the UK ppl. Here u can watch it here
http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=nBf-QJeDeJk

Inshallah u will benefit from this board, let's learn the basics first and leave those end of times that u had gotten from the series for awhile. Take a chill pill n relax man...

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 07:21 PM
I agree with you bro, only Allah knows when the day/time comes. As long we can submit to Allah and please HIM i'm happy ;)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial towards yourself inshaa'Allaah..

Please do ask any questions you may have and members will try their best to reply inshaa'Allaah..

peace

joyous fairy
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Walaykum salam and welcome to the forums bro!

SubhanAllah, nice to hear that young people from Holland are finding Islam, MashaAllah! :statisfie

I hope you enjoy your time here inshaAllah :D

Soo, you have a Jedi mind eh? I have a fairies mind :p

Jedi_Mindset
09-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Oh yes i've one(According to witnesses) . Well there are not many dutch who are finding islam but the amount of reverts is increasing Alhamdulillah :)

Scimitar
09-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Alhamdulillah

I can testify that Bro Jedi thinks has the mindset of one... *"Shows promise, this one does" - Yoda* ;D

Scimitar
09-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Anyone know what a "Scimitar" is? :p

Jedi_Mindset
10-01-2011, 08:40 AM
maybe is it a tree?

Beblessed
10-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Welcome to LI Forum

I hope you have a beneficial stay here and that you learn more about Islam.

(ik woonde in Tilburg en mijn Nederlands is niet zo goed, the place I miss the most is Efteling it was near us we use to go there as school trips or family)

Jedi_Mindset
10-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Ah ok, dankjewel(means thank you). Efteling is a amusement park lol been there when i was young, but i don't remember it anymore.
May Allah bless you sis. Ameen

Amat Allah
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Welcome my respected and noble brother to IB`s big and loving family as a new dear and precious member of us...

please enjoy your stay here and if having any Qs; just ask away in shaa Allah and we will (your brothers and sisters) try our best to help ya in shaa Allah...

May Allah The Most Merciful protect ya from all harm and evil and May He The Exalted lead your way to the path of the endless happiness and the whole world too Ameeen

take care of your precious self in shaa Allah...

leaving ya under Allah`s sight, care and protection...

Humbly, your old sister:

Amat Allah.

Jedi_Mindset
10-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you sister, May Allah bless you to ameen :)

Ansariyah
10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
maybe is it a tree?
Maybe it's chocolate?:p

Endymion
10-01-2011, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Anyone know what a "Scimitar" is? :p

This one ^o)

http://www.safari-guide.co.uk/blog/w...tar-blade1.jpg

Endymion
10-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Assalam Alekum Respected Little Brother.

:welcome: to the humble forum.Hope you'll learn good from here Inshallah.May He SWT help you,guide you and bless you with ease and success in this world and in the here after.Amen.

Jedi_Mindset
10-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Walaikum Salaam

Thanks for the reply sis, and ameen to your dua's. May Allah bless you too. Ameen. Will stay here as long it's possible, Insha'Allah

Scimitar
10-01-2011, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
That's the one, nice find :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!