/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Memoirs of a 6 year old

جوري
10-01-2011, 05:21 PM
When I was a youngen a girl of five or six ^o) I was the fastest runner in school, I beat everyone by bounds & leaps & gained friends & foes in the process, one day when I was playing in the sandbox by my lonesome, I was ambushed and they kept dunking sand on my head, I never got to see who did it, but I knew why, I was runner extraordinaire and a delightful little girl but I was sad because I felt I might end up with lice from all the crap they dumped on my head but I digress.. Then Ahmed enrolled in our school and an inevitable race ensued.. Ahmed beat me by bounds and leaps in the blink of an eye he was at the finish line and I was stunned, slapped by the dust he left against the wind... It was my first humbling lesson to the existence of those better than me.. and it was a hard pill to swallow..
(وفوق كل ذى علم عليم

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
... and so began your journey into steroid use and the dirty underbelly of kindergarten sports?

جوري
10-01-2011, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
... and so began your journey into steroid use and the underworld of kindergarten sports?
rofl no.. actually very shortly thereafter my dad went away on work abroad & I got sick with what doctors or rather I should say a doctor couldn't diagnose for a good 7 weeks until I was bed bound & had to be carried everywhere and practically ended up with rheumatic heart disease so even plain walking I couldn't do. and when I was finally diagnosed & treated I had missed six months of the first grade so began my journey & fascination with medicine..

but that wasn't the point :p

Ansariyah
10-01-2011, 05:54 PM
What a beautiful story! ♥ MashaAllah=)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SFatima
10-01-2011, 05:57 PM
hey this could be a great story for the writing competition.. very interesting btw, would love to know who outran who, later in life ,ahmed or you ;D

جوري
10-01-2011, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
What a beautiful story! ♥ MashaAllah=)
please feel free to share a moment of realization from your early life..

another one I think that hit me hard was this girl 'Mosheera' whose father was the school bus driver, she was in my class and the sweetest girl ever.. Well one day they started taking collections for her and she was absent from school.. I later discovered that her father crashed and died while driving the bus, luckily there were no kids in it.. I don't know if the money reached her but I never saw her again.. and that was a moment for me where I realized the finality of death.. even though they allege that children that age don't grasp the concept of forever.. I feel that children that age can and it affected me very deeply.. I think because when he went, she went to...:hmm:

جوري
10-01-2011, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
hey this could be a great story for the writing competition.. very interesting btw, would love to know who outran who, later in life ,ahmed or you ;D
sure.. pls. feel free to share stories from your childhood, I think that's the time we learn our greatest and hardest lessons..

Ahmed was very polite, we had a garden variety of weirdos in that school, beggars, blackmailers, tale spinners.. and all of that just in pursuit of peanuts, literally salted peanuts :haha:

SFatima
10-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Hmm i agree but I'll have to think a lot about the earliest moment of realization, good topic.

I used to be a really sensitive , really shy and really scared kind of a kid, I never spoke much and I couldn't, even if i tried to, the voice just wouldnt come out of my throat :p: So when I was about 5 yrs old, we used to go to school in this mountainous area, where our school was far far away, and we used to go in the huge army trucks( they were the mode of transport for kids in that area) and kids used to fight to sit on the front two seats since the back of the truck used to freeze our bones in the callous winters with the cold wind as it wasnt covered on all sides. Me and my sisters used to go to school on that truck.

One day, I considered myself lucky to get into the front seat and was as happy as a kid :D Untill the driver seated me and closed the truck door, my hand was in the door and he banged the heavy metal onto it, with the result my thumb getting stuck in the door way , with me gasping to control the last bit of patience in me to control my screams, cuz, well i was THAT shy :p: I did utter a small cry but he was outside the truck that time trying to go back to his seat from the other side.

Now, I was so scared to speak that for the next 1 hr, tears kept rolling down my cheeks and I did not have the courage to tell him to open the door and my hand was stuck there :exhausted ( I dont understand how I managed being such a fool :p:) For the next hour till the drive to the school, I kept my sobs under my breath, which was easy considering the truck engine used to make a lot of noise so nobody could hear me. My siblings sat at the back of the truck so I could not tell them.

Well it was an hour's drive to the school, and after half an hour i think my hand got numb and the feeling of pain subsided a bit and it made me think that hey its going to be ok, school will come in a while and I'll be out, but better not tell the driver uncle cuz he will scold me :/

And when the school came and he came to open to door,as soon as he opened he saw me take my thumb out of the door and he was like 'hey why didnt you tell me all this while! you should've told me'. Now when the blood started flowing back to the thumb area, it was excruciating! The driver probably thought that it didnt hurt much thats why I didnt tell him, but I was petrified and he said oh its just a lil blue, it'll be ok. It wasnt blue, my whole nail was all dark purple with the blood coagulated there and the pain, ufffffhhhh i cant still feel it...( not really, but as I recall).

That day I learnt that I had to speak for myself or I'll suffer continuously in my life for not having the courage to speak, ever. Though I didn't start speaking so much untill after that, but alhamdulilah I was able to speak about what I wanted to have or if there was a dire need. And now, well everybody begs me to stop talking :)

SFatima
10-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh and yeah lesson no.2 : I stopped opting to sit on the front of the truck :p: I suddenly found myself enjoying the cold a lot more :) I NEVER sat in the front of the school drive after that, never.

جوري
10-01-2011, 06:36 PM
sob7an Allah sis, this too happened to me but it wasn't shyness but fear, I was in KSA with my dad & sis, and we were window shopping and I put my fingers on the side it was a door area, the door was slowly closing on my fingers and they were about to be cut off but I couldn't scream. I didn't want my dad to punish me lol for putting my fingers where they shouldn't have been as he was always yelling at me to watch where I place them.. Then at that moment walhi Allah swt send me an angel, some guy just came and pushed the door all the way back so I could free my hand, the tips of my fingers were bleeding and the skin was cut in that area but at least they were still attached lol..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-01-2011, 06:45 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

masha'Allaah.. Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing!

Sis Fatima your story almost reminds me of myself back in the young old dayz :\..

please do continue...

جوري
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
you know sis fatima it is interesting you shared that story about your childhood in Afghanistan .. they've us here believing you live a life of complete servitude, never see school or the light of day unless it is to collect poppy (and not to sprinkle on your bagels) and the 'taliban' are whopping your butts and heads everyday and beating you up on the steets, and thanks to those American 'freedom fighters' you've a chance to be liberated and you know especially by smarmy missionaries

Korean Missionaries Active in Arab Countries: Report

CAIRO, November 1 (IslamOnline.net) – South Korean missionaries are now taking the lead in aggressively evangelizing Muslims in Arab countries, focusing on Iraqi refugees in Jordan, applying discreet methods and making use of a seemingly endless financial support, reported a US daily Monday, November 1.

Calling Muslims "the most difficult group to convert", The New York Times said South Korean missionaries are concentrating their work in Arab countries, especially Jordan and Iraq.

"South Korea has rapidly become the world's second largest source of Christian missionaries, only a couple of decades after it started deploying them. With more than 12,000 abroad, it is second only to the United States and ahead of Britain," said the daily.

South Koreans proselytize, not in their own language, but in the language of the country they operate in or in English.

"There is a saying that when Koreans arrive in a new place, they establish a church; the Chinese establish a restaurant; the Japanese, a factory," the daily quoted as saying a South Korean missionary in his 40's.

He has worked in the Jordanian capital Amman for several years and, like many others, asked not to be identified because of the dangers of proselytizing in Muslim countries. - http://islamonline.net/English/News/...rticle05.shtml

Salahudeen
10-02-2011, 02:45 AM
When I was 7-8 I learnt that racism exists even in the hearts of children, I was the only asian boy in my class and was treated differently by the entire class as a result, I was viewed as a alien and if I tried to get close to anyone they'd act like I had a disease, I would stand against the wall in the play ground just watching the other kids play since I had no one to play with, during this time I found myself asking very profound questions, isolation really changes people, lucky for me, a year later another asian boy joined the school so then there was two of us and we just played together. Since then I mostly stick to my own kind and realized no matter how much you try to be like them they will never accept you and look at you as the same as them. There was one Caucasian boy who I became friends with, but when his dad found out cos I went to play at his house after school, well lets just say that friendship soon ended.

جوري
10-02-2011, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
they will never accept you and look at you as the same as them
wow akhi that makes me sad :hmm:

Salahudeen
10-02-2011, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll

wow akhi that makes me sad :hmm:
It's true, even if you were to give everything up and become exactly like them they'd still look at you as different to them and not class you as one of their own. Unless you have the same skin colour.

جوري
10-02-2011, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
It's true, even if you were to give everything up and become exactly like them they'd still look at you as different to them. Unless you have the same skin colour.
Never accept less than what you think you're worth akhi.. your worth is God given, not recessive trait bestowed!

'Aleena
10-02-2011, 09:50 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
Calling Muslims "the most difficult group to convert",
Ah, that made me smile.

جوري
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aleena
:sl:

Ah, that made me smile.
I thought it was a commonly known fact.. Christians worship a middle-eastern man, they can't export him then import him back to us in that silly ole comical style of theirs..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!