/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Another Curious Q..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-02-2011, 12:19 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Sorry for the silly Q..

Are all Mods aware of our home addresses/our location? They know where we live, our house numbers? What City/town? What country everyone of us lives?

Jazakallaahu Khaayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
10-02-2011, 12:38 PM
If they all are reading our private chats,then yes :D :p

I think not "All Mods" but Super Mods and Admins" know a little more about us.They might know our Country and City because there is a option one can figure out your location.I saw that option on another Forum,i was invited there from S.Belle.When i clicked on "Online users button" there appear a world map and a flag was up on the City of person from where (S)he was online.
As i cant see that option here,may be its not for all users but i know Super Mods and Admins know our locations through this tool.But knowing our home addresses through internet might not possible for every one.

But may be they get to know your home address :p You better get ready and prepare some Kabobs and Chutney for the Admin team of IB,they are coming to meet the precious Jewl of Wisdom :giggling:

Dagless
10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Sorry for the silly Q..

Are all Mods aware of our home addresses/our location? They know where we live, our house numbers? What City/town? What country everyone of us lives?

Jazakallaahu Khaayr.
Not unless you told them or told someone on the site :p
Even if they look at your ip it only gives a rough location (like town or city) not your actual address... and it's not an accurate way because you maybe connecting through somewhere else.

Pure Purple
10-02-2011, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
initially I was worried about these thing........
Admins and mods won't share your personal information to anyone even if they know about that......
so don't worry......:statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Aahh... if I'm ever to go to Pakistan, now I know where to get the best kabobs and chutney in the whole of Pakistan! :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-02-2011, 03:42 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
But may be they get to know your home address You better get ready and prepare some Kabobs and Chutney for the Admin team of IB,they are coming to meet the precious Jewl of Wisdom
:exhausted I think its time to escape..

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Not unless you told them or told someone on the site
Even if they look at your ip it only gives a rough location (like town or city) not your actual address... and it's not an accurate way because you maybe connecting through somewhere else.
Yeah, actually I asked one of the sis mods a while ago and they came up with a location for me, but it wasn't correct so alhamdulilaah!

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratulain
initially I was worried about these thing........
Admins and mods won't share your personnel information to anyone even if they know about that......
so don't worry......
alhamdulilaah sis. To be honest I didn't worry just curious to know, but Jazakallaahu khaayr.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Aahh... if I'm ever to go to Pakistan, now I know where to get the best kabobs and chutney in the whole of Pakistan! Like
You geeeky people its 'kebabs'...and sure dear sis Endymion will treat you guys to some kebabs with chutney..

Jazakallaahu khaayr for your replies!

Endymion
10-02-2011, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Aahh... if I'm ever to go to Pakistan, now I know where to get the best kabobs and chutney in the whole of Pakistan! :p
Cough Cough.... :omg: :skeleton: :hiding:

:hiding:

GuestFellow
10-09-2011, 08:49 PM
The administrators will have an idea where you live but not the exact location.

dž.as.a.džasmin
10-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Yep, its all about the IP address. Every website track the IP address of each visitor (for exaple, that way they know wich ads to show u). Ur IP doesnt reveal ur identity, ur name or ur real address, it just reveals ur location as country or city, and ur internet service provider company name. Only ur ISP have ur real home address. Lets say u do something critical online :D, by law they can ask and know all ur informations from the ISP.

Haya emaan
10-15-2011, 01:09 PM
this is not fair...:mmokay:

Endymion
10-15-2011, 01:16 PM
You dont like it :hmm:

No broblem,the rules will remain the same :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!