/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This person sells beer at his store?

Jalal~
10-03-2011, 10:15 PM
:sl:
i asked him not to, but he says since he is not the boss, he cant control what he can or cannot sell. this is a serious issue because not only does this affect him it affects my family since we use his income 100% to buy our needs and wants. should i continue eating the food this person buys for us, since there is no other source of income for our family? i really dont think he will listen to me as i have told him once or twice. tbh, i think i should be able to still eat the food, since i have no where else to turn and i might die of hunger/thirsts. and if i stop eating his food, then i probably shouldnt even be wearing my clothes, use the car, or even live in this home. but i think that goes to extremes in the religion. but i dont have any evidence to back this up. i feel like if i bring the issue up again, it might cause serious problems amongst my family :/ any one have some suggestions on what to do? Jazakallah Khair in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
10-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Walekum as salaam

You should keep communicating the harmful effects of making a living from haraam stuff to this person. A haraam earning is no good, it only takes you closer to hell with each morsel of food that you buy from that money. According to a Hadeeth, a person who consumes haraam, his dua is not accepted. And another narration relates that a body nourished by haraam earnings will never be allowed to enter Jannah.

I see your problem and understand that you might be feeling helpless but it is just shaytaan who wants you to give up and treat it as a trivial matter. If you are old enough to drive a car then you are definitely old enough to make money for yourself. You can start looking for part time jobs in case you are a student. Otherwise, the second option which you have is keeping tab of the money made from selling the beers. Ask that person or rather do it yourself so that at the end of the month you can severe the revenue made from selling beer and use that money for Sadaqa (charity of haraam money does not fetch the sawaab of Zakaat, it goes into Sadaqa). If it's a grocery store then your income won't be much affected.

The life of this dunya keeps pushing us towards doing haraam things and it goes on upto a point where haraam starts to look normal but it never is. Choosing dunya is a short term solution to your problems whereas the long term cures are only for those who obey Allah and his Messenger (SallAllahuAlayhiWaSallam). And those benefits become conspicuous in this dunya as well, inshAllah. It is an obligation on every Muslim to stop any wrong that he/she witnesses. Keep trying, inshAllah you will succeed in making that person stop selling alcohol. And by trying I don't mean a casual talk here and there. Take the path of "Sabr" and constantly beseech that person. All we can do is try, the success lies with Allah alone. InshAllah, Allah will be highly pleased with the pain you'll take for standing for his cause and reward you infinitely for it.

May Allah make you steadfast in this service and reward you abundantly and forgive all our sins. Aameen. Keep me in your prayers. :)

Wassalaam u alaikum

Hamza Asadullah
10-19-2011, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by halalmeat4free
:sl:
i asked him not to, but he says since he is not the boss, he cant control what he can or cannot sell. this is a serious issue because not only does this affect him it affects my family since we use his income 100% to buy our needs and wants. should i continue eating the food this person buys for us, since there is no other source of income for our family? i really dont think he will listen to me as i have told him once or twice. tbh, i think i should be able to still eat the food, since i have no where else to turn and i might die of hunger/thirsts. and if i stop eating his food, then i probably shouldnt even be wearing my clothes, use the car, or even live in this home. but i think that goes to extremes in the religion. but i dont have any evidence to back this up. i feel like if i bring the issue up again, it might cause serious problems amongst my family :/ any one have some suggestions on what to do? Jazakallah Khair in advance.
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayr for sharing your issues with us. So your father is just working for the boss of the shop? Your father does not decide in anyway what he can or cannot sell at the shop?

Please read from the following links regarding your question:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...&ID=338&CATE=6

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=547&CATE=10

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!