/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Mac

Darth Ultor
10-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Posted this in the wrong forum before. Please do not approve that thread.

One of my co-workers has a macbook. He says he was an avid Windows user like I am until he got the mac. I'm considering an iMac for home and a Macbook Air for when I travel. Together, it's over $2000. Is it worth the money?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
10-06-2011, 04:34 AM
In my opinion, apple products are never worth it if you're even a little computer savvy. You can find something with the same or better specs for waaaay less money... Plus, one thing I've always hated about apple is that once you buy a product from them, you're kind of forced to stick with them since all their stuff is interconnected somehow...

I've heard they ARE easier to use than PC's though (although this is becoming less of an issue with the newer Windows OS's),and they seem to be preferred by those who work in things like design... Some people also just prefer the style/look, so if thats what you're looking for then go for it. But if you're just looking for the best overall deal/bang for your buck, then I'd stick with a PC...

(also, did you hear about Steve Jobs? o.o )

Ramadhan
10-06-2011, 04:51 AM
How about getting a macbook pro instead of air+imac?

alluminati
10-06-2011, 05:06 AM
RIP Jobs.

Also windows and a cheap laptop go a long way over a mac, economically and practically.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
waji
10-06-2011, 05:32 AM
i think it depends alot upon what you do with it.
Mostly apple computers and laptops are preferred by Professional entertainment (Web, Video, Audio and Animations) designers
if you want for that kind of work than go for it
but if you are using for just normal use than give a thought about it.
also for normal use you can Look into Ubuntu which looks like apple Operating System and it is free.

Ramadhan
10-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Although I have Ipod and Ipod Touch as presents, I have never bought an Apple product precisely for the same reasons others have mentioned: They carry prices that include the power of Apple brand and the perception value of their design.

Crystal
10-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Mac's are great - however I wouldn't spend that much money - I would just get one if I were you. The good thing about Mac's are you less likely to get viruses etc but disadvantage is some software doesn't cater for mac because most people have windows but I think nowadays the market is opening up to Mac. And like someone said they are good if you work in the area of design etc.

Dagless
10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
As many people have said - it depends what you're going to use it for.

Abz2000
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
i hate the fact that it has no right click

Riana17
10-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Salam
Electronics never worth the money, here new iphone cost 750$,after months it values 450 and now you can get iphone 4 for 300$

GuestFellow
10-06-2011, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Posted this in the wrong forum before. Please do not approve that thread.

One of my co-workers has a macbook. He says he was an avid Windows user like I am until he got the mac. I'm considering an iMac for home and a Macbook Air for when I travel. Together, it's over $2000. Is it worth the money?
iMac? The all-in-one PC? All-in-one PC basically combine the CPU and the monitor into one unit. I personally would not buy an all-in-one PC. Here are the advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:

1. It takes up less space. Fewer wires...

2. Touchscreen-ability.

3. Eco-friendly, energy efficient.

Disadvantages:

1. Expensive than compared to desktops.

2. Difficult to upgrade.

3. Difficult to repair if anything goes wrong.

Insecured soul
10-06-2011, 07:20 PM
I was on windows for many years and i switched to mac a year ago and i think there is nothing like mac.

Abz2000
10-07-2011, 02:16 AM
know how to make an all in one pc?
get a large monitor (or use your flat panel tv)
get a powerful laptop with a broken screen, damaged keyboard, touchpad, crappy battery on an auction site.
take off the lcd panel.
throw away the battery
buy a short vga/dvi/hdmi cable, wireless usb keyboard and mouse
stick the laptop motherboard on the back of the monitor.
you can also get a usb touch panel that fits on your monitor for around £50
make a shell if you like.

total cost?
under £250
eco-friendly, recycled, cheap to replace, powerful.

taz...
10-08-2011, 07:05 PM
the worst thing about apple is that its ALL interconnected. its sooooooo annoying.
stick to windows mate. And getting an expensive but GOOD laptop goes a long way because they last longer (mostly). I found sony vaio pretty good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!