/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Manners And Virtues Of Hajj Part2

thetruth89
10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Manners And Virtues Of Hajj

Hajj Part2
Introduction

For Hajj Are The Months Well Known. If Any One Undertakes That Duty Therein, Let There Be No Obscenity, Nor Wickedness, Nor Wrangling In The Hajj. And Whatever Good Ye Do, (Be Sure) Allah Knoweth It. And Take A Provision (With You) For The Journey, But The Best Of Provisions Is Right Conduct. So Fear Me, O Ye That Are Wise. (2:197)
So When Ye Have Accomplished
Your Holy Rites, Celebrate The Praises Of Allah,
As Ye Used To Celebrate T

he Praises
Of Your Fathers,- Yea, With Far More Heart And Soul.
There Are Men Who Say: "Our Lord!
Give Us (Thy Bounties) In This World!" But They Will Have
No Portion In The Hereafter
(2:200)

Hajj Like Every Other Ritual In Islam Has Purpose, Manners, And Virtues. We Discussed The Purpose Of Hajj In The Previous Article Alhamdulillah; In Here We Will Focus On The Manners And Virtues Of This Great Journey, Bi-Idhnillah

Manners, The Essence Of Actions

Manners Are What Give Actions Their True Beauty And Life. Manners Of Hajj Are The Same As That Of Salah, Fasting And Other Acts Of Worship: Khushoo And Khudhoo. Allah SWT Says In Surah Al-Muminoon:

Certainly Will The Believers Have Succeeded:
Those Who Humble Themselves
In Their Prayers.
(23: 1-2)

Khushoo And Khudhoo Refer To Devotion And Concentrationwhether It Is In Salah, Fasting Or Any Other Deed. This Is The Criteria Of A Successful Believer That Allah SWT Has Set.
When A Person Puts All Worldly Matters Aside And
Stands In Front Of His Lord
Every Day, Five Times A Day With Absolute Attention
And Devotion, It Is An Act Of Beauty
And Love. This Same Act When Done Half Heartedly
Can Become A Burden And A Nuisance

Just Like That When A Person Fasts Without The True Manners And Essence Of The Deed, It Is An Act Of Inflicting Hunger And Harm On Oneself. But When Done With Devotion And Concentration So That A Person Abstains Himself From All Things Undesirable Throughout The Day Such As Vain Talk, Vulgar Speech, Listening Or Thinking Evil Speech Etc, This Same Act Reaches A Much Higher Spiritual Level.
So In Reality, Khushoo And Khudhoo
Is Absolute Obedience Of Allah SWT To Attain His Pleasure
And It Adds Another Dimension To The Otherwise
Ordinary Acts Of Worship

Hajj Is Accumulation Of All The Other Pillars Of Islam So By Default, The Criteria Of Its Success Is Also Absolute Devotion And Concentrationonly It Is For Longer Period Of Time Than Salah And Fasting. It Is As If Allah SWT Has Been Preparing The Person Through Other Acts Of Worship For This Great Journey.

Hajj Is Migration

From The Time Of Intention Of Hajj, A Person Is Supposed To Migrate From A State Of Disobedience To The Obedience Of Allah; From Sins To Devotion To Allah; From A State Of Egotism And Self Worship To Absolute Servitude Of Allah SWT.
The The Call Of Talbiya Is A Call
From The Slave, Seeped In Complete Love,
Devotion, And Humbleness In Seeking Allahs Acceptance

Here I Am O Allaah, (In Response To Your Call),
Here I Am. Here I Am, You Have No Partner, Here I Am.
Verily All Praise, Grace And Sovereignty Belong To You.
You Have No Partner.

This Call Is An Acknowledgment Of The Gifts And Bounties Of The Lord On The Slave. It Is The Recognition Of The Lord And His Greatness. The Call OfTalbiya Generates Love And Proper Manners In The Heart Towards Allah, Which Then Reflects Throughout The Body.

Such (Is His State): And Whoever Holds In Honour
The Symbols Of Allah, (In The Sacrifice Of Animals),
Such (Honour) Should Come Truly
From Piety Of Heart.
(22:32)

To Those Whose Hearts
When Allah Is Mentioned, Are Filled
With Fear, Who Show Patient Perseverance Over
Their Afflictions, Keep Up Regular Prayer,And Spend
(In Charity) Out Of What We Have Bestowed Upon Them.
(22:35)

It Is Not Their Meat Nor Their Blood,
That Reaches Allah.
It Is Your Piety That Reaches Him:
He Has Thus Made Them Subject To You,
That Ye May Glorify Allah For His Guidance To You
And Proclaim The Good News To All Who Do Right.
(22:37)

Manners Of Hajj

Below We Will List Some Of The Manners Of Hajj. They Might Seem Small But They Are Great In Magnitude. These Are Basic Etiquettes Of Life That Should Be Practiced At All Times But Become Incumbent During Hajj To Be Practiced. If Ignored, These Seemingly Insignificant Acts Can Nullify The Entire Hajj.
1. A Person Is Not Allowed To Be In Form Of Oppression Towards Others; This Involves Backbiting, Either By Committing It Or Listening To Others.

And Any Whose Purpose Therein Is Profanity
Or Wrong-Doing - Them Will We Cause To Taste
Of A Most Grievous Penalty.
(22:25)

2. Gossiping Is Prohibitedwhether Done With Others Or Committed Inwardly, Within Ones Self.
3. A Person Should Refrain From Any Talk Of Dunya, Business, Family Affairs Or Other Matters Of Worldly Concerns. Not That They Are Prohibited; It Is Just Really Bad Manners When One Goes To The House Of Allah, As His Guest And Keeps Himself Occupied With Things While Neglecting His Host. This Leads Us To The Next Point.
4. Manners Require Us To Keep The Time We Are At Hajj, Purely For Allah. Just Like During Salah We Dont Communicate With Anyone Other Than Allah Or Dont Think Of Worldly Matters, One Should Try To His Best To Maintain The Same Concern And Level Of Devotion Throughout This Journey As Well.
5. The Person Should Perform The Maximum Amount Of Dhikr Andsalah As Good Deeds Are Multiplied In Makkah And Medina. Each Salahin Medina Is Equal To 1,000 Rakaah While In Makkah It Is Equal To100, 000 Rakaah.
6. Remaining Focused To The Purpose Of The Journey. It Is Easier Said Than Done! You Should Not Complain Of Any Inconvenience You Might Facebe It Delay Of Food Or Transportation, Lost Luggage, Fault Of The Travel Agent Or Any Other Matter As Complaining In Reality Is Denial Of All Bounties Of Allah. Hajj Is A Great Journey With Great Reward And Before Any Great Gift, There Is A Great Trial. You Will Have Trials In This Journey, Its A Given. What You Are Responsible For Is To Keep Your Manners And Restrain Yourself From Complaining And Whining.
One Of Our Pious Predecessors Said:
The Real Manner Of Hajj Is To Not Harm Anybody Physically
Or Emotionally, Intentionally Or Unintentionally;
From The Time You Leave Your House Until
You Return From This Journey

Tests Are A Must, Irrespective Of The Kind Of Package You Buy! Whether You Have A VIP Package Or An Economy Package, Trials Will Be There Since They Are Orchestrated By Allah SWT To Test Your Level Of Sincerity, Humbleness, And Contentment.
A Very Common Trap Of Shaytaan
That Many Muslims Fall Into Is That They Believe
It Is Their Right To Get Their Moneys Worth;
Or That They Have To Teach People A Lesson So That They
Will Not Repeat These Mistakes With Others

These Are Hollow Excuses That One Uses To Satisfy Himself. Arguments Are Not Only Highly Disliked By Allah SWT And His Prophet SAW, They Are Forbidden As Shown In The Previously Mentioned Verse:
And Any Whose Purpose Therein Is Profanity
Or Wrong-Doing - Them Will We Cause To Taste
Of A Most Grievous Penalty.
(22:25)

Arguments Cause The Angels To Leave The Person And/Or The Gathering Where They Are Being Carried Out. Prophet Muhammad SAW Has Discouraged His Followers From Involving In Arguments In The Following Words:
I Guarantee A House In The Surroundings Of Paradise For A Man Who Avoids Quarrelling Even If He Were In The Right, A House In The Middle Of Paradise For A Man Who Avoids Lying Even If He Were Joking, And A House In The Upper Part Of Paradise For A Man Who Made His Character Good. (Abu Dawud)
Surah Al-Furqan Verse 20 Explains The Purpose Of Trials:
We Have Made Some Of You
As A Trial For Others: Will Ye Have Patience?
For Allah Is One Who Sees (All Things).
(25:22)

Once You Have Peacefully Surrendered To Allah And Realized This Reality, You Will Have The Courage And Wisdom To Deal With Trials With Dignity, And You Will Not Mind Letting Go Of Even Your Rights.
If Someone Hits You, Pushes You,
Steals Your Food Or Money, You Will Know
That This Is What Allah Intended For You At This Time
And The Purpose Is To Test You And Raise Your Spiritual Level

The Main Goal Of Discussion Here Is That Irrespective Of What Happens, Keep Your Heart Connected To Allah SWT And Keep It Pure From Any Dirt. Allah SWT Says
"But Only He (Will Prosper)
That Brings To Allah A Sound Heart.
(26:89)

7. To Be In A State Of Complete Obedience, Surrender, Humbleness And Humility Throughout The Journey. This Can Only Come From The Recognition Of Whose House You Are Visiting And How Much Respect You Have In Your Heart For The Lord Of The Worlds.
To Every People Did We Appoint Rites (Of Sacrifice), That They Might Celebrate The Name Of Allah Over The Sustenance He Gave Them From Animals (Fit For Food). But Your Allah Is One Allah. Submit Then Your Wills To Him (In Islam): And Give Thou The Good News To Those Who Humble Themselves. (22:34)

These Are Some Of The Manners Which When Practiced With Love And Devotion, Can Enhance The Beauty Of Even The Simplest Action
Virtues, A Fragrance Of The Deeds

If Worship Is A Flower, Than Virtue Is Its Fragrance. Just Like The Flower Entices One To Itself By Its Aroma, Good Deeds Invite One To Themselves Through Their Virtues.
Virtues In Themselves Are Not
The Goal Of The Performance Of Good Deeds
Since The Goal Is Always To Gain The Pleasure Of Allah
Rather, They Are A Bonus Which Allah SWT Grants His Slaves
In Order To Motivate And Encourage Them

It Is Narrated On The Authority Of Ibn Umar - RadiAllaahu Anhuma - Who Said: I Was Sitting With The Prophet - SallAllaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam - In The Masjid In Mina When A Man From The Ansaar Came And A Man From The Thaqeef, They Gave Salaam And Said,
O Messenger Of Allaah, We Came To Ask You Questions. So The Messenger Said: If You Want I Can Inform You Why You Came And What You Want To Ask, And I Will Do So, And If You Want I Will Hold Back And You Can Ask Me And I Will Answer You.
They Said: Tell Us O Messenger Of Allaah! The Man From Thaqeef Said To The Ansaari: Ask. So The Ansaari Man Said: Inform Me O Messenger Of Allaah!
The Messenger Of Allaah Said:
You Came To Me, To Ask About Leaving Your House
And Aiming For The Bait-Ul-Haraam And The Reward For It;
About Praying Two Rakah After Tawaaf And The Reward For It;
Going Between As-Safa And Marwa And The Reward For It;
Your Staying The Evening In Mina, And The Reward For It;
Stoning The Jamarah And The Reward For It;
Slaughtering An Animal And The Reward For It;
And The Tawaaf Of Al-Ifaadh.

The Man Said: I Swear By The One Who Sent You With The Truth! This Is What I Came To Ask You About.
The Prophet Said: As For You Leaving Your Homes Aiming For The Bait-Ul- Haraam: Then Your She-Camel Does Not Place Its Foot Nor Does It Raise It Except That Allaah Writes For You A Reward Due To It, And Wipes Off One Of Your Sins. As For The Two Rakah After The Tawaaf, Then It Is Equivalent To Freeing A Slave From The Children Of Ismaeel.
As For Your Circuiting Of As-Safa And Al-Marwa, Then It Is The Same As Freeing 70 Slaves. As For You Staying Till The Evening In Arafah, Then Allaah Descends To The Sky Of The Duniya And He Boasts About You To The Angels, And Says: My Slaves Have Come To Me, Looking Rough, From Every Deep Valley Hoping For My Mercy, So If Your Sins Were Equivalent To The Amount Of Sand Or The Drops Of Rain Or Like The Foam On The Sea I Will Forgive Them. So Go Forth My Slaves! Having Forgiveness And For What Or Who You Have Interceded For.
As For Stoning The Jamaar (The Pillars), Then For Every Stone That You Throw, It Removes A Big Sin From The Deadly Sins. As For Your Slaughtering, Then It Is Saved For You With Your Lord. As For Shaving Your Head, Then There Is A Reward For Every Strand Of Hair That You Shaved, And A Sin Is Wiped Off By It.
As For You Performing Tawaaf Of The House After All This, Then By This Time Your Are Performing Tawaaf With No Sin Upon You And An Angel Comes And Places His Hand Between Your Shoulders Saying: Perform Good Deeds In What You Face Of The Future For Verily Your Past Sins Have Been Forgiven. (At-Tabarani)
What Higher Level Of Mercy
And Benevolence Can We Ask For?

However, The Stipulation Here Is That You Value
The Honor That Allah SWT Has Given You
By Offering You This Journey, And Carry Out Your Hajj
Purely And Sincerely For His Pleasure
And To Seek His Approval

Any Person Who Dies While In The State Of Ihraam, Will Be Resurrected As A Hajji On The Day Of Judgment. Our Pious Predecessors Used To Make Duaand Ask Others To Make Dua For Them That Allah Takes Their Soul During Hajj. People Who Die In This State Will Be Admitted To Paradise Without Any Reckoning.
The Rewarding Of Hajj Is Not Limited
To Those Performing It Only.
Hajj Is A Time Of Unity Of The Ummah.
Those Unable To Go For This Great Duty Are Encouraged
To Fast And Make Dua For The Acceptance
Of Those Who Were Honored To Perform This Journey

Prophet SAW Said A Statement Of The Meaning Of: Hujjaj (Those Who Perform Hajj) Are The Guests Of Allah; If They Ask, They Will Be Given; If They Ask For Forgiveness, They Will Be Forgiven.
Imagine The Honor
Of Being The Guests Of Allah SWT...

The Prophet SAW Has Said: "There Is No Ritual Parallel To An Approved Hajj, And There Is No Reward For It Less Than Paradise. A Pilgrim Becomes (So Pure) Like A Newborn Baby. Once The Pilgrims Complete Their Rituals, They Will Be Told: Youve Built A Construction Then Do Not Destroy It. Your Past Is Forgiven, Then Take Care Of Your Future."
The Prerequisite To Attain This High Level Is Abstention From Oppression Under All Circumstances. This Includes Arguments, Bargaining, Shoving, Pushing, Shouting Etc. (And Allah Knows Best)
Conclusion

The Real Fruit Of Hajj Will Only Be Manifested In A Slave When He Intends To Make Complete Tawba (Repentance) From His Previous Life Of Sins And Heedlessness And Promises To Live Purely For Allah And His Pleasure; Meaning He Promises To Sincerely Migrate To The Path Of Allah SWT.
Allah SWT Invites His Slave To His House
A House That Is Nothing But An Empty Building Of Stones.
Why Didnt Allah, With All His Grandeur And Kingdom
Make A Magnificent Structure?

Because He Wants To Remind Us
That All This Earth And What It Contains
Is Worth No More Than These Rocks!

This Takes Us Back To The Purpose Of Hajj, As Discussed In The Previous Article, Which Is To Leave Off Dunya And Start The Journey To Akhirah.
Reminder: Just Like The Virtues In Makkah And Medina Multiply, So Do The Sins; The Only Places On Earth Where The Sins Multiply Are These Blessed Places. So It Is Just As Easy To Lose Your Virtues As It Is To Gain Them. The Key Of Success Is Conscientiousness And Respect For The Great Blessing That Allah SWT Has Bestowed On You By Accepting You As His Guests.
The Message Of Hajj Can Be Summarized By The Following Verses:

Say: "Truly, My Prayer And My Service Of Sacrifice, My Life And My Death, Are (All) For Allah, The Cherisher Of The Worlds: No Partner Hath He: This Am I Commanded, And I Am The First Of Those Who Bow To His Will. Say: "Shall I Seek For (My) Cherisher Other Than Allah, When He Is The Cherisher Of All Things (That Exist)? Every Soul Draws The Meed Of Its Acts On None But Itself: No Bearer Of Burdens Can Bear The Burden Of Another. Your Goal In The End Is Towards Allah. He Will Tell You The Truth Of The Things Wherein You Disputed."(6: 162-164)

Ta Ha. We Have Not Revealed The Quran To You
That You May Be Unsuccessful.
Nay, It Is A Reminder To Him Who Fears:
A Revelation From Him Who Created The Earth
And The High Heavens.
(20: 1-4)

The Beneficent Allah Is Firm In Power.
His Is What Is In The Heavens And What Is In The Earth
And What Is Between Them Two And What Is Beneath The Ground.
And If You Utter The Saying Aloud, Then Surely He Knows The Secret,
And What Is Yet More Hidden. Allah-There Is No God
But He; His Are The Very Best Names.
(20: 5-8)

And Has The Story Of Musa Come To You? When He Saw Fire, He Said To His Family: Stop, For Surely I See A Fire, Haply I May Bring To You Therefrom A Live Coal Or Find A Guidance At The Fire. So When He Came To It, A Voice Was Uttered: O Musa: Surely I Am Your Lord, Therefore Put Off Your Shoes; Surely You Are In The Sacred Valley, Tuwa, (20: 9-12)

And I Have Chosen You,
So Listen To What Is Revealed:
Surely I Am Allah, There Is No God But I,
Therefore Serve Me And Keep Up Prayer For My Remembrance:
Surely The Hour Is Coming-I Am About To Make It Manifest
-So That Every Soul May Be Rewarded As It Strives.
(20: 115)

Here, Allah SWT Is Reminding Us Of The Ultimate Manner In Islamthe Recognition Of Absolute Oneness Of Allah SWT And To Devote All Deeds Purely To Him
The Message Of Allah Here Is,
Allah SWT Is Reminding Us Of Who He Is
And Of Our Final Destination,
And This Reminder Is The Very Purpose Of Hajj

May Allah SWT Allow Us To Truly Understand The Magnitude Of This Blessed Journey; To Perform It With Desirable Manners; To Recognize And Respect Its Virtues; And To Reach The Ultimate Successthe Pleasure And Forgiveness Of Allah SWT. Ameen.

Daee Ahmed Moait

noora1.com
noorofislam.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayesha.ansari
10-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Hajj is one of the pillars in Islam and was commanded in 9A.H. It is the perfection of faith and true surrender to the Almighty. It is a stage in which man can develop himself spiritually. Hajj is the best training ground for absolute and complete surrender to the divine command. Hajj teaches us complete submission to divine will

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!