/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iran agents 'planned US terror attacks'

GuestFellow
10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
:sl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15266992

^
The US says it has broken up a major terror plot in which agents linked to Iran sought to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to Washington.
Share your views.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Salaam Tragic Typos, :p:

Anyway, I don't believe this. Why on Earth would Iran try to assassinate the Saudi ambassador? It does not benefit them.

.iman.
10-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I don't think I'm well enough versed to have an opinion one way or the other, if it was real or made up. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't true and that the US was claiming that just so they could be the "good guy" in all of it. The part that didn't make sense to me was the Mexican drug cartel... what do they have to do with Saudi??

Darth Ultor
10-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Okay, you know what, this is such a joke by now that it deserves a drinking game (gotta keep it halal here so have Dr. Pepper or strong Turkish coffee).

The Western Politics Drinking Game

Every time there's a "credible terror attack" planned
Every time a sensible economic solution gets lost
Every time there's a "peace agreement" between the Israeli government and the Palestinians (Give up sweets and caffeine if it works)
Every time a senior al-Qaeda member gets killed (On a side note: if al-Awlaki is really dead, then I'm a purple elephant with green stripes)

With the way things are going everywhere in the world, I wonder sometimes if God regrets giving humans the power to think.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
10-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Just heard from the BBC news that America will not be considering military action. Good news. :)

AmineH
10-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Salaam

I wonder why Iranians should do this ??????!!!

Do you believe this news ??really ??

May God help us to think correctly , inshaalah .

GuestFellow
10-12-2011, 01:13 PM
^ Salaam,

It is odd. When the Wall Street protests occurred, all of a sudden, US government tells the public about Iranian gents carrying out some sort of assassination. This sounds like a good distraction.

Jedi_Mindset
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Pure propaganda, to give Iran a bad name. Sooner or later they'll invade iran tough, to get rid of it's nuclear plants (The west claims it is used for nuclear bombs) and here is it where the hypocricy comes in. Israel has over 200 nukes, USA even more. And iran is using nuclear energy for it's people (electricity). Don't fall in their nasty games brothers and sisters. they lie and spread propaganda against iran because it's the only threat for israel (as well as Pakistan) but we know that pakistan is actually licking USA and israels boots. First they pick it up, chew it and spit it out. This is how USA is dealing with its puppets, same as with israel.

.iman.
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry I can't post links, but this was taken from Tehran Times.com

Iran rejects U.S. plot allegation as fabricated scenario

TEHRAN - Iran on Tuesday dismissed as a fabricated scenario the allegation that Iran had hatched a plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States.

“The false claim that (Iran) has plotted to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador has no basis in fact,” Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said in a statement.

According to Reuters, U.S. authorities claimed on Tuesday that they had broken up a plot by two men linked to Iran’s security agencies to kill the Saudi envoy, Adel al-Jubeir.

Mehmanparast said, “Such outmoded behaviors are based on old hostile American-Zionist policies and can be regarded as a ridiculous farce and (an attempt) by the enemies of Islam and the region to fabricate scenarios with the aim of provoking division.”

“Such a fabricated scenario is only meant to create division among regional countries and end the Zionist regime’s international isolation,” he said.

He added that Tehran-Riyadh relationship is based on mutual respect, emphasizing that such allegations will get nowhere.

Tehran warns of repercussions of U.S. move

The Iranian ambassador to the United Nations, in a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday, warned about the severe repercussions of U.S. allegations against Iran, saying that the adoption of such divisive and hostile policies by the U.S. government will negatively affect international security and peace.

Ambassador Mohammad Khazaii said that the Islamic Republic has been a victim of terrorist actions and has always condemned terrorism in all its forms.

“The Iranian nation is seeking a world without terrorism and regards the current American warmongers and their propaganda machine against Iran not only as a threat against themselves but also as a threat to the peace and stability,” he stated.

In addition, he said that the Islamic Republic is determined to maintain its friendly relations with regional countries, especially its Muslim neighbors, and calls on regional nations to be vigilant in the face of evil plots, which have targeted the peace and stability of the region.

In conclusion, the Iranian ambassador urged the UN secretary general to try to enlighten the world public opinion on the U.S. government’s warmongering policies.

Washington will be compelled to apologize to Iran

Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi also said on Wednesday that the U.S. move is an “extremely amateurish game.”

“They will be compelled to apologize to Iran,” he stated.

He went on to say that Iran and Saudi Arabia enjoy a good relationship and only have some disagreements over a number of international issues.

He added, “Americans are trying to divert attention through fabricating such scenarios because their country is faced with many internal problems. These days we are observing a wave of popular demonstrations against the U.S. government’s policies, a rise in poverty, and the descending graph of the U.S. economy.”

U.S. claim against Iran mischievous: Larijani

Majlis speaker Ali Larijani also said on Wednesday that the U.S. has started a “foolish and evil” game against Tehran.

“The Americans have started a foolish and evil move which is meant to deflect attention from their problems in the region,” Larijani told an open session of the Majlis.

Larijani added that such “cheap” claims by the U.S. are meant to cover up internal problems, an indirect reference to massive protests in the U.S. which have resulted from economic problems.

Swiss envoy summoned over U.S. allegation

On Wednesday, Iranian Foreign Ministry summoned Swiss chargé d'affaires to Tehran to protest about the U.S. allegation against Iran.

The Swiss Embassy in Tehran represents U.S. interests in Iran since Tehran and Washington cut diplomatic ties in 1980.

Ramadhan
10-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Why on earth would Iran want to assassinate KSA ambassador?

It does not make any sense.

Dagless
10-13-2011, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Why on earth would Iran want to assassinate KSA ambassador?

It does not make any sense.
Because the reasons used for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq made sense?? They could just as easily have said Iran were involved in a plot to flood the market with knock off iPads... and that it was "an act of war".
Even if the assassination attempt was true; the US have done the exact same thing in other countries.. and so by that logic have declared war on half the world?

btw does anyone else think the Iranian guy (whose photo they keep showing on the news) looks like Anil Kapoor?...... I wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow caught up in all this ^o)

GuestFellow
10-13-2011, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless

btw does anyone does anyone else think the Iranian guy (whose photo they keep showing on the news) looks like Anil Kapoor?...... I wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow caught up in all this ^o)

Ah no...LOL

BUT I think these two VERY similar...

Attachment 4370 Attachment 4371

EDIT:

How do you get rid of this attached thumbnails?

User29123
10-13-2011, 09:19 PM
US want to invade Iran, that's what I heard last time they don't like Iran in fact any Middle East Country..

Iconodule
10-13-2011, 09:54 PM
This is all very fishy. I would like to think that the US government isn't dumb enough to start another war.

Darth Ultor
10-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Invasion? Nope. Obama's distracting us. He wants to divert America's attention from the ****ty economy. His magic tricks are becoming less and less impressive.

User29123
10-14-2011, 02:27 PM
No the video I was watching said they could be starting a new war in another 5/7 years time in Iran or another country the US always start the wars. But they might need another attack on their soil so people listen to them otherwise people will get suspicious.....it was a hacked document which said they wanted to invade more countries in the coming years.

Who Am I?
10-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I think I just found out what happened to my old high school janitor... ;D

No kidding, he looked almost exactly like that guy with the long hair and mustache.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!