/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice (preferrably from a woman)

Darth Ultor
10-12-2011, 01:07 AM
I might be going to my girlfriend's place for the holidays (yes, we have separate rooms, so no worries about Zina). What would be the appropriate thing to get her parents as a gesture of goodwill? I'm thinking something gender-neutral but if I can afford separate gifts, what would be appropriate to get her mother?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Darth Ultor
10-13-2011, 01:49 PM
*bumps thread*

Darth Ultor
10-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Please respond

Ghazalah
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
The usual, perfume, jewelry, bag, clothes. I always prefer something personalized :embarrass makes me feel special lol...

Do you know any things like hobbies she enjoys doing? For example reading? Get her book? Sorry for the bad ideas, I tend to get people religious related gifts most of the time :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gladTidings
10-13-2011, 10:03 PM
If shes a cook and foodie you could buy some seasonal fruit or foods, or maybe some foods they dont have access to at their place. Sometimes you can get dried fruits and nuts all gift packaged. Or if you think you can get away with an unhealthier option some nice biscuits/chocolate.

Dagless
10-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Tickets to some evening event (concert, theatre, museum, etc.) which is out of town and takes place during the week you will be staying. Be sure to point out that they'll be gone a good portion of the evening but not to worry because you'll take good care of their daughter. A wink or nudge at this point is optional but recommended.

Endymion
10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
My bro always buy food items for his in laws such as cakes,chocolates,honey and things like that.If her father is a smoker,present him some good ciggeretts in spite of its unhealthy but you cannot stop him from smoking so why not increase your numbers in his eyes :p

But give it to him in private,this might offend the ladies :skeleton:

'Abd-al Latif
10-18-2011, 07:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
I might be going to my girlfriend's place for the holidays (yes, we have separate rooms, so no worries about Zina). What would be the appropriate thing to get her parents as a gesture of goodwill? I'm thinking something gender-neutral but if I can afford separate gifts, what would be appropriate to get her mother?
Can you clarify what you mean by girlfriend?

EDIT: I just realised that you are not Muslim. I am sure you know the stance of Islam on non-marital relationships so you'll understand why I won't allow this thread to continue.

PM me if you want to discuss it.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!