/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A box to cover up a portion of the wall?

Beardo
10-16-2011, 08:46 PM
This is a question for all you interior decorators...

So I have this router and the wire is drilled through the wall from the garage, and so I can't move the router to the corner since the wire is so small. So it's sitting there on the ground in the middle, against the wall. I'd like to cover it with some sort of box or something. Any ideas? I would put a cardboard box on it but that looks tacky.

Something like this, except a big bigger:
http://www.amazon.com/WDS-150-Protex...798037&sr=8-40

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
10-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Options:

- Mount it on the wall.
- Change the cable to a longer one.
- Extend the current cable.

Beardo
10-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Now I realized another problem. If I were to move it aside a little, the wires are exposed. :| it looks bad.

Dagless
10-16-2011, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Something like this, except a big bigger:
http://www.amazon.com/WDS-150-Protex...798037&sr=8-40
Bigger? Did you buy this router in 1958?

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Now I realized another problem. If I were to move it aside a little, the wires are exposed. :| it looks bad.
How many wires?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Haya emaan
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM
color the wire same as the wall where its running
or cover them with something like "wire covers" of the same color as its surroundings .

Abz2000
10-18-2011, 12:12 AM
it's called trunking - plastic covers for the stretched extension cable.
and you could make a small shelf rather than cover it as that distorts reception slightly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!