/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Maqam Ibrahim and other questions

jimbo123
10-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Even with google I can't find a picture that helps me understand what I'm asking.

When you finish performing Tawaf, you have to pray 2 units prayer behind Maqam Ibrahim. Does this area ever get too busy? For example let's say there is so many people praying 2 units prayer behind Maqam Ibrahim that it is difficult to perform Tawaf.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
10-18-2011, 09:12 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by jimbo123
Does this area ever get too busy?
Yes. And if it is, you can pray those two raka'3at anywhere in the mosque. We have to avoid harming and causing difficulties for our fellow Muslims.

Source: The Ultimate Guide to Umrah by Abu Muneer Ismail Davids, published by Darussalam 2005

Those who pray behind Maqaam Ibraaheem and insist on praying there, even though the people who are doing tawaaf need their space, are wronging themselves and wronging others
People have to fear Allaah with regard to themselves and with regard to their brothers, and not pray behind Maqaam Ibraaheem when the people need this space for tawaaf.
Source: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/111888/maqaam

jimbo123
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Jazakallahu-khairun.

jimbo123
10-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Has anyone ever stayed in Azizia apartments? What is it like there with the safes? I am a bit worried about my passport and the emergency money I take with me. I will only be staying there during the days of hajj.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jimbo123
10-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh I just remembered, passport won't be a concern because it gets taken from me once I get to Jeddah. Still a concern for money and bank card though.

Ramadhan
10-26-2011, 08:27 AM
When you finish performing Tawaf, you have to pray 2 units prayer behind Maqam Ibrahim. Does this area ever get too busy? For example let's say there is so many people praying 2 units prayer behind Maqam Ibrahim that it is difficult to perform Tawaf.
As far as I know about fiqh umrah/haj, you don't have to pray 2 units behind maqam ibrahim. It is sunnah, but it is not wajib and it is not part of rukun umrah/haj.
Also, you can always pray way behind maqam ibrahim as long as you make niyah that you want to perform the shalah behind maqam. It is similar to when you perform tawaf, one of the sunnah is to kiss hajar aswad and to touch rukun yamani, but since it is almost impossible for most people, you can raise your hand towards hajar aswad instead and kiss your hand and say Allahu Akbar; the same goes with rukun yamani except you don't kiss your hand afterwards.

Ramadhan
10-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Oh I just remembered, passport won't be a concern because it gets taken from me once I get to Jeddah. Still a concern for money and bank card though.
Indonesian male jamaah are provided with large plastic green belt that can be worn with your ihram clothes without violating syarat/fiqh ihram which has pockets for money, keys etc.
Maybe you can make enquiries about those kind of belt to your haj provider?

Insaanah
10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
As far as I know about fiqh umrah/haj, you don't have to pray 2 units behind maqam ibrahim. It is sunnah, but it is not wajib and it is not part of rukun umrah/haj.
Nobody wants to do the bare minimum when they go to hajj. When you go to hajj, you want to do things as the Prophet :saws: did them. There is always somewhere in the mosque to pray these two raka3aat after tawaaf, and any salaat performed in the masjid has so much reward.

Also, you can always pray way behind maqam ibrahim as long as you make niyah that you want to perform the shalah behind maqam.
I didn't know this. If your wanted to pray behind Maqaam Ibrahim, but you see it's too crowded so to avoid harming others you pray elsewhere in the mosque, that would count as your intention? Is this what you mean?

It is similar to when you perform tawaf, one of the sunnah is to kiss hajar aswad and to touch rukun yamani, but since it is almost impossible for most people, you can raise your hand towards hajar aswad instead and kiss your hand and say Allahu Akbar;
Just to clarify, if you cannot physically kiss hajr al-aswad, you touch it with your hand and kiss your hand. If it is not possible to touch it either, then you raise your hand towards it but do not kiss your hand, and say Bismillahi Allahu Akbar or Allahu Akbar.

the same goes with rukun yamani except you don't kiss your hand afterwards.
If you are unable to touch it, then there is no gesturing towards it with the hand at all, and no saying of Allahu akbar.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Ramadhan
10-27-2011, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Nobody wants to do the bare minimum when they go to hajj. When you go to hajj, you want to do things as the Prophet did them. There is always somewhere in the mosque to pray these two raka3aat after tawaaf, and any salaat performed in the masjid has so much reward.
This is true, sis. Insanaah. I myself performed as much ibadah as I could when I was there. I was just correcting the OP which made it sound as if 2 rakaat shalah behind maqam ibrahim as part of rukun.

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
I didn't know this. If your wanted to pray behind Maqaam Ibrahim, but you see it's too crowded so to avoid harming others you pray elsewhere in the mosque, that would count as your intention? Is this what you mean?
Yes, this is what I meant.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!