/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Alcohol..

alluminati
10-23-2011, 04:28 AM
I am very aware and very complicit with the ruling as stated by the prophet pbuh and many others, but I am curious:

Is it okay to use pure alcohol or concentrated alcohol to treat open wounds as a disinfectant?

It sounds foolish I know but just want to verify.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-23-2011, 07:16 AM
:sl:

Ulama in my place classify alcohol into two categories.

- Khamr. This is alcohol that for drink (liquor). Khamr is absolutely haram. Not only drinking, but sell, buy, produce, distribute khamr is also haram.

- Non-Khamr. This is alcohol that not for drink. In example alcohol fuel, alcohol for disinfectant, alcohol for clean some stuff. Ulama in my place allow ummah to use, sell, produce non-khamr alcohol, as long as not for drink. If someone drink non-khamr alcohol, this non-khamr turn into khamr.

Is it okay to use pure alcohol or concentrated alcohol to treat open wounds as a disinfectant?. It's okay. You can visit Muslim hospitals and see, they use non-khamr alcohol there.

IsamBitar
10-23-2011, 04:43 PM
ardianto: I've heard some Muslims saying that wearing alcohol-containing perfume is forbidden because of the alcohol content. Is that true or does it fall under category 2? Thanks.

ardianto
10-24-2011, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsamBitar
ardianto: I've heard some Muslims saying that wearing alcohol-containing perfume is forbidden because of the alcohol content. Is that true or does it fall under category 2? Thanks.
There are three opinions about wearing something that contains alcohol on the body that not for medical purpose.

#1. Haram (forbidden)
#2. Makrooh (allowed but encouraged to be avoided)
#3. Halal (permissible)

From what I know, majority of Muslim scholars and people follow opinion #2 and #3.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
11-25-2011, 02:43 PM
i thought it was haram to wear perfume cos it attracts men...am i wrong?

ardianto
11-25-2011, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
i thought it was haram to wear perfume cos it attracts men...am i wrong?
I have read some fatawa about wear perfume for women.

Women are allowed to wear perfume, but when they leave the home, they should avoid wear (strong) perfume that can be smelled by men around them.

Marina-Aisha
11-25-2011, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I have read some fatawa about wear perfume for women.

Women are allowed to wear perfume, but when they leave the home, they should avoid wear (strong) perfume that can be smelled by men around them.

​oh i see thank you thats very helpful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!