/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is dua qunut bid'ah?

Samiun
10-23-2011, 09:54 AM
:sl: An islamic teacher told me that there is no such thing as qunut in fajr, only when calamity strikes and she said this is bid'ah, which I don't think it is as I'm not in a position to give out fatwas. This is also the same view of islamqa website but they do allow it and make it not mustahabb.*
The correct view concerning Qunoot in Fajr prayer is that it is Sunnah at times of calamity only, i.e., if a disaster has befallen the Muslims or some of them, then it is mustahabb to do Qunoot and to pray to Allaah to grant them relief. But under normal circumstances, the correct view is that this is not mustahabb, and this is what the daleel (evidence) refers to. So whoever does not do Qunoot, his prayer is still valid, even according to the Shaafa’is, may Allaah have mercy on them. -islamqa
Btw, I'm madhab syafiee'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-23-2011, 01:42 PM
:sl:

In a khutbah, the Indonesian famous da'ee, Kyai Haji Zainuddin MZ said :
"Those who perform salah subh with du'a qunut are right. Those who perform salah subh without du'a qunut are right too. So, who are wrong ? those who do not salah !".

Brother,
Follow a madhab is allowed but not obligated. However, if you follow a madhab you must follow fiqh of that madhab.

IsamBitar
10-23-2011, 04:39 PM
^ What he said.

Samiun
10-25-2011, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

In a khutbah, the Indonesian famous da'ee, Kyai Haji Zainuddin MZ said :
"Those who perform salah subh with du'a qunut are right. Those who perform salah subh without du'a qunut are right too. So, who are wrong ? those who do not salah !".

Brother,
Follow a madhab is allowed but not obligated. However, if you follow a madhab you must follow fiqh of that madhab.
Walaimslm, what evidence should I use to support my claim that dua qunut isn't bid'ah other than claiming it is the fiqh of imam syafiee(r.a.)? Normally, I won't have anything to back myself up and would just listen without opposing or anything. My Islamic teacher said that prophet Muhammad :saws: only make dua qunut during the time of calamity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!