/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Sharia will be implemented in Libya now? What do you think of this.

Salahudeen
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
This speech was given in Benghazi, I was pleasantly surprised to hear the speaker saying that they will establish riba free banks and have Islamic sharia as the law. And remove all laws that violate sharia.

I couldn't find the speech but here's an article about it.

Libya has officially been declared liberated from Muammar Gaddafi at a ceremony in Benghazi.

Tens of thousands gathered in Benghazi for the formal announcement that its eight-month long civil war was finally over.
The ceremony marks the official end of 42 years of Gaddafi rule and comes three days after he was located in Sirte and killed.

In Benghazi's Kish Square, the event began with the singing of the national anthem and waving of flags - both of which date back to before Gaddafi's coup in 1969.

Abdel Rahman al-Kabisi, minister of martyrs and the wounded, told the gathering that the event marked "a great historic moment in beloved Libya's history".

"Oh pharaoh of the century [Gaddafi], you are now in the bin of history... In a stroke of fate... you have been thrown into the bin of history. Go to hell," he declared.

Tens of thousands gathered in Benghazi's Kish Square

National Transitional Council leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil kneeled in prayer after taking the stand and then promised to uphold Islamic law.

"We as a Muslim nation have taken Islamic sharia as the source of legislation, therefore any law that contradicts the principles of Islam is legally nullified," he said.

He thanked the Arab League, United Nations and European Union for supporting the uprising which ended with Gaddafi's death on Thursday.

"All the martyrs, the civilians and the army had waited for this moment. But now they are in the best of places, eternal heaven," he said, shaking hands with supporters.

"The revolution began as a peaceful one. But it was faced with violence," he added. "This revolution was looked after by God to achieve victory,"

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16094625

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Salaam,

I'm not sure. It will be interesting to see what will happen next. I suspect that some western countries will not be pleased to see Libyans introducing Sharia law. Michael Scheuer was right to say that most Libyans want Sharia Law. There is a possibility that Sharia law will not be implemented due to some interference...

Abz2000
10-24-2011, 07:56 AM
The day the basics of al wala wal bara is understood and implemented is the day that shariah will begin to be implemented - Gaddafi had a slight understanding of it, though he was heedless in some of the smaller fiqhi issues........

karimium
10-24-2011, 03:32 PM
it will be like saudi arabia

their shariahness will be measured by how many women wear burkas, aka the burka index

They will merely apply some of the civil codes of shariah.

But they will have cheap wholesale contracts for oil which the people of Libya will not benefit from.

They will conveniently ignore the shariah where it says do not take the non-beleivers as your protectors, and allow Nato bases to be place all over Libya.

They will ignore shariah where it says that the ummah is one body and when one part of it is wounded the rest of the body feels the pain and tends to it to allow it to heal.

I think secular Ghaddafi with a few islamic rules and the strength to stand up against the west, and fight for the palestinian cause is a lot better than the suadi/wahabi style shariah we're likely to see there.

But Allah knows best, maybe there will be hope, but from what I've seen when the west meddles in muslim affairs, the muslims rarely get what they want and need

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
10-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Inshallah, very motivating speech.

Jedi_Mindset
10-24-2011, 05:20 PM
[Off-topic content removed]

Ontopic:

I see it as this: Indeed a Saudi version of ''shariah law'' , or not. Because to much backed by the west.

2. Indeed Shariah law, but expect the kufar to be very mad and might attack libya, again.

Who Am I?
10-25-2011, 04:31 PM
:sl:

You know as well as I do that the West will not be able to keep their greedy hands out of Libya. Libya = oil = $$$ as far as they are concerned, and they will not let that go easily. They'll establish some puppet regime that is nominally Muslim but will cater to the whims of their Western overlords.

.iman.
10-25-2011, 04:35 PM
inshAllah it will be, but I fear with so much involvement from the West, that it won't happen. Every time I see something on the TV here in support of Libya, it's all along the lines of 'we support a democratic Libya'... no one is jumping for joy saying 'good job Libya, go for Shari'ah because that's what your people want!'

but again, I sincerely hope that it will be implemented with the guidance of Allah wa ta'ala

truthseeker63
10-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I think that the People of Libya should have the right to have Sharia.

~Raindrop~
10-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Let's stick to the topic on hand (Libya), shall we? Last time I looked, this thread was about Sharia law in Libya, not a 'Let's bash the Saudi Government' one. Stay on topic please.

KAding
10-25-2011, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
inshAllah it will be, but I fear with so much involvement from the West, that it won't happen. Every time I see something on the TV here in support of Libya, it's all along the lines of 'we support a democratic Libya'... no one is jumping for joy saying 'good job Libya, go for Shari'ah because that's what your people want!'
But how do you know what the people want if you don't first implement democracy and introduce free and fair elections?

KAding
10-25-2011, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
:sl:

You know as well as I do that the West will not be able to keep their greedy hands out of Libya. Libya = oil = $$$ as far as they are concerned, and they will not let that go easily. They'll establish some puppet regime that is nominally Muslim but will cater to the whims of their Western overlords.
What means do the Western countries have to turn the NTC in a 'puppet regime'? They don't control what the NTC does.

Abz2000
10-25-2011, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
What means do the Western countries have to turn the NTC in a 'puppet regime'? They don't control what the NTC does.
the same means they used with the taliban and then the northern alliance?

Ramadhan
10-26-2011, 02:03 AM
But how do you know what the people want if you don't first implement democracy and introduce free and fair elections?
Is western style democracy and election the only way to know what the people want?

Cabdullahi
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
You don't get funding from the greatest Anti-sharia and then say you will implement shariah unless of course its just a smokescreen.

Time will only tell the real intentions of the NTC, if they genuinely want to implement shariah for the betterment of Libya or to look a certain way whilst they do certain things with certain people (Hillary) behind closed doors.

Allah knows best

Attachment 4400

GuestFellow
10-26-2011, 11:54 AM
You can have a dictatorship and still know what the people want. Egypt is a very good example.

.iman.
10-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Ramadhan and Tragic Typos already beat me to it! In a country where 97% of the population is Sunni Muslim, why would they not want Shariah? I guess that could be a whole other discussion, but honestly, I can't think of any Muslim that would not want the law of Allah in their land. Look at what happened in Tunisia, Ben Ali was completely against Islamic practices, and now after their first round of voting, the Ennadha party has taken the majority of the votes.

Even as you pointed out in your original post, the US has "democracy" but it isn't even the people that elect the president- it's the electoral votes that count. A great example is when Bush won the election in 2000, even though he did NOT have the majority of the votes. So clearly, democracy is not a fair representation of what the people want.

Abz2000
10-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Here's a clearer example of American democracy,

Anyway, Islam is rule by law,
Not rule by politicians

Abz2000
10-26-2011, 03:05 PM
It seems like they knew the people would vote islam,
So they gave 'em a blend of islam,

One of the first things the prophet pbuh did when he took over makkah was to ban the uncivilised pagans from walking around the ka'bah naked.

TUNIS (Reuters) - The Islamist Ennahda party, which has won Tunisia's first free election, said on Wednesday it would not impose restrictions on how foreign tourists dress on beaches and would not impose Islamic banking rules, according to state media.

"The tourism sector is among the achievements which we cannot touch. Is it logical to handicap a strategic sector like tourism by forbidding wine or wearing bathing costumes? These are personal liberties for Tunisians and foreigners as well," the official TAP news agency quoted Ennahda secretary general Hamadi Jbeli as saying.

"We will not make Islamic banks universal. We are not going to abolish the banking system that exists," he said.

O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and give up what remains of your demand for usury, if ye are indeed believers.
If ye do it not, Take notice of war from Allah and His Messenger. But if ye turn back, ye shall have your capital sums: Deal not unjustly, and ye shall not be dealt with unjustly.
Quran 2:278-279

جوري
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM
An Islamic Shura system is a far superior one to the so-called 'democratic free & fair' one thing for starters you don't have 50+1 usurping the opinion of 50-1.
Secondly I am curious as to what you mean by 'free & fair' people freely and fairly elected the 'Islamists' in Algeria and the parliament closed the next day and there was a bloodbath against Muslims. People also 'freely and fairly' chose Hamas and well we all know how that turned out. People are singing rather rabidly against the 'Muslim brotherhood' of Egypt & elsewhere in the west all the time how they mustn't let them come to power without actually objectively proper reasoning as if the word Islam alone is enough of a reason and in spite of what the voters want.. How exactly is that 'free & fair' when it is clear that when people use this 'free & fair' western system time & time again they choose Islam.

you need to work on your terminology in the west 'collectively' you don't really want free & fair, you want despotic regime that caters to Israeli/western needs..

have you ever considered that the people of Algeria don't want their lands as vineyards t satiate France's drunkenness? That they may desire to grow potatoes & leeks, watermelons and oranges?

Everywhere the west touches it brings about debauchery, immorality, social unrest, division & dissent, then wonder why folks leave their countries to immigrate and are filled with resentment & hatred!
It isn't because they hate your freedom as is frequently toted.. think about it a little wearing another shoe..

best,

Ramadhan
11-03-2011, 03:19 AM
The Libyans can have general vote/referendum and see whether the majority wants sharia system put in place.

What the west want is not for other countries/the whole world to implement democracy, the west want the world to implement western style democracy and western values.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!