/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused

anonymous
10-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Assalamulaekum

Alhamdulillah I belong to a religious family. I am girl who is currently studying in school. I am interesting becoming a hafiz.
I want to study as well as do hafiz. My elder brother is doing medicine and elder sister is going  become a software engineer. I am thinking doing hafiza at home , I know someone who did this.
I have memorized 30th juz of Quran at home. I was thinking of doing hafiz just then some one suggested me that I should do have and then aalim course(A course in which students learn the meanings of original text of Quran) so that it can be beneficial to me or else it would be just mugging up. After two years I will go to college or something else. I am thinking of memorizing the Quran along with it's meanings at home. I can give atleast two hours for it daily. I know I may not be able to memorize the whole Quran but atleast some part. I have a lot of questions on mind. Some of them are:
Will it benefit me? Will it be helpful for me to become a good muslim? AM I JUST TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE? I don't know if there are any hafiz members here or not please advice me what to do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
10-26-2011, 05:01 PM
:wa:

MashaAllah , may Allah makes it easy for u .

Surely it's a great job , sis , Just make the good intention - do it to please Allah . IsnshaAllah u will be rewarded on the hereafter and Allah Knows Best.

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

‘Whoever reads the Qur’aan, learns it and acts in accordance with it, on the Day of Resurrection his parents will be given a crown to wear whose light will be like the light of the sun, and his parents will be given garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world.

They will say, “Why have we been given this to wear?” It will be said, “Because your child learned the Qur’aan.”’”

(Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/756)

http://www.huda.tv/articles/about-qu...morizing-quran

Hamza Asadullah
10-28-2011, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalamulaekum

Alhamdulillah I belong to a religious family. I am girl who is currently studying in school. I am interesting becoming a hafiz.
I want to study as well as do hafiz. My elder brother is doing medicine and elder sister is going *become a software engineer. I am thinking doing hafiza at home , I know someone who did this.
I have memorized 30th juz of Quran at home. I was thinking of doing hafiz just then some one suggested me that I should do have and then aalim course(A course in which students learn the meanings of original text of Quran) so that it can be beneficial to me or else it would be just mugging up. After two years I will go to college or something else. I am thinking of memorizing the Quran along with it's meanings at home. I can give atleast two hours for it daily. I know I may not be able to memorize the whole Quran but atleast some part. I have a lot of questions on mind. Some of them are:
Will it benefit me? Will it be helpful for me to become a good muslim? AM I JUST TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE? I don't know if there are any hafiz members here or not please advice me what to do.
Asalaamu Alaikum, Mashallah its a brilliant thing that you are wanting to memorize the words of Allah in your heart for it is Allah who is giving you this inclination and it is ONLY he that can enable a person to memorize his beautiful words.

My advice to you is that you should not hesitate to memorize the Qur'an for it is your enemy Shaythan who is trying to put doubts and paranoia in your mind. If he ever tells you that you cannot do it and that you are attempting something which is impossible then please read the following:

An Interview with Umm Saalih, A Grandmother Who Completed Memorizing the Qur’an at 82 Years Old

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/du-a...qur%92an-.html

An 82 year old women? Subhanallah. She is an inspiration for EVERY single Muslim. Reading her story NO ONE has any excuses not to memorize the Qur'an. If a person made firm intention in their heart to memorize the glorious words of Allah and then died whilst doing so then surely Allah the most generous would reward that person like they had memorized the entire Qur'an.

So do not delay in memorizing the Qur'an as the sooner you do it the easier it will be because a fresher mind will be able to memorize the Qur'an much quicker and more efficiently than a person who has aged.

Know that it is realistic for ANYONE to be able to memorize the Qur'an if they REALLY wanted to and that grandmother of 82 has proven that. She REALLY wanted it and gave it her all and she managed to memorize the entire Qur'an. So NEVER think its impossible for that is shaythan trying to fool you and steer you away from becoming a haafidha.

Be determined more than ever to memorize it and if you can then those two hours that you say you can devote to it, try and spend them memorizing with a teacher as that will be more beneficial for you. You should certainly partake in Aalimah course especially if it is flexible as knowledge of the Qur'an is crucial and it will enable us to be able to understand the words of Allah at a deeper level.

Please read the following threads:

10 Reasons We Should Memorise the Qur'an

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...ise-quran.html

TiPs oN MeMoRiSiNg ThE QuRaN

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...ing-quran.html

If you need anymore help or advice with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask. I hope that Allah enables you to memorize the entire Qur'an and for you to also complete the Aalimah course. Ameen

May Allah enable all of us to memorize the entire Qur'an and to understand it at a deep level. Ameen

Flame of Hope
10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I am thinking of memorizing the Quran along with it's meanings at home. I can give atleast two hours for it daily. I know I may not be able to memorize the whole Quran but atleast some part. I have a lot of questions on mind. Some of them are:Will it benefit me? Will it be helpful for me to become a good muslim? AM I JUST TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE? I don't know if there are any hafiz members here or not please advice me what to do.
Assalamu alaykum my respected sister.I see that you understand the huge responsibility this undertaking comes with....

If you're scared about it, that's a good sign. You should be, in fact.

People can give you all sorts of advice.... and encourage you to learn the Qur'an, become a hafiz... go to an Islamic school, spend time learning meaning and interpretation of the Qur'an, memorize it, recite it beautifully etc. etc. etc.And they believe that this would be very beneficial for you.

It could be highly beneficial... but it could also be highly dangerous.

The Qur'an is not an ordinary book... and should be treated with the greatest reverence that you can muster.

Do not read it, memorize it and learn it.... and then not act upon its teachings!!

It is better to learn a little of the Qur'an and act upon the little that you've learnt... than learn a whole lot and fail to act upon your learning.

It is a tremendous responsibility to bear.

Remember: The Qur'an will be either for you or against you on the Day of Judgement.

And there will be people in Hell whom the Qur'an will imprison and will not let out! Yes, the very people who read the Qur'an. They will be imprisoned in Hell BY the Qur'an.

There's even a dream the Prophet (saws) narrated about a man he saw being crushed on the head by another man with a huge boulder. It would roll away.... the man would pick it up.... the head of the man would return to its normal state and his head would be crushed again.. And this would continue on and on..This was a man who read the Qur'an... and did not follow the teachings in it.

Consider all this and then make your decision what you would like to do sister.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!