/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Flu Shots

.iman.
10-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Do you usually get a flu shot? I have never had a flu shot, but I am considering it, even though I don't get sick very often al hamdoulilah. There seems to be some controversy that they aren't very effective, and they can actually make you sick, whereas some people get them every year and claim they don't get sick because of it. What are your opinions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
10-27-2011, 12:11 AM
I can't even remember if I had one. :skeleton:

If your healthy, there is no need for one from what I read on a NHS article...

MartyrX
10-27-2011, 01:43 AM
I received one year, but never again. I haven't had the flu in ages.

.iman.
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
I've only heard negative things about it, so I don't think I will get one. The other part is that it is only a specific strain of the flu, and there are SO many different types, so the shot doesn't necessarily reduce any chances of getting sick. The shot they are giving this year is the same strain from last year, but how do they know that will be the one that gets everyone sick again? The media seems to hype them up around here. May Allah protect us from any illness.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Eugh, you've just reminded me that I need to go for mine. And honestly speaking... it does seem to help as my immune system is very low and it's kind of necessary for me.

Who Am I?
10-27-2011, 03:58 PM
:sl:

My dad got a flu shot a couple of years ago... and got the flu from the flu shot.

I have never and will never get one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!