/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Family Story.

Endymion
10-27-2011, 08:40 AM

A teacher from a primary school asks her students to write an essay
about what they would like God to do for them.

At the end of the day while marking the essays,
she reads one that made her very emotional.

Her husband, who had just walked in saw her crying
and asked her what happened.

She answered: ' Read this essay'

"Oh God, tonight I ask you something very special:
Make me into a television.
I want to take its place.
Live like the TV in my house.

Have my own special place and have my family around me.
To be taken seriously when I talk.
I want to be the centre of attention
and be heard without interruptions or questions.

I want to receive the same specail care that the TV receives
when it is not working.
Have the company of my dad when he arrives home from work,
even when he is tired.

I want my mom to want me when she is sad and upset,
instead of just shouting at me or ignoring me.
I want to feel that my family just leaves everything aside,
every now and then, just to spend some time with me.

Lord I don't ask you for much.... I just want to live like every TV"

At that moment the husband said ' Poor child.
What horrible parents'
His wife looked up at him and said,
' That essay is our son's'.

~Anonymous~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.iman.
10-27-2011, 02:50 PM
:'( how sad, because it is true. I have two younger sisters who live with my dad, and they have a TV in literally every room of the house and it is always turned on, even at dinner time no one eats together, they all go into their separate rooms and sit in front of the TV. I feel so sad because that is now how I was raised - dinner time was when everyone came together and talked about our day and we spent time together - there was even a NO TV rule!

Who Am I?
10-27-2011, 04:13 PM
:sl:

Sick burn at the end.

I read something a few years ago that said that the total amount of time that the average American family spends together in a day is something like 8 minutes. 8 minutes out of 24 hours in a day.

And we wonder why our society is falling apart.

tigerkhan
10-28-2011, 10:26 AM
hau dil kalia mout machinoon ki hukomaat
ahsas e marawat ko kuchal datay han ya aalat

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
10-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Let me translate this beautiful verse of Iqbal{in my ridiculous English} for those who dont understand Urdu.

The rule of machines is death to hearts.
Instruments kill the sense of generosity.

And thats the thing i feel badly these days.A few years before,we dont have so much tv channels specially news channels and that time,death was truly a painful thing.I remember once the local news channel here broadcast the news of a brutal murder.It was a young man whose body found in pieces and that horrible news made me cry for months and i even stop watching tv and reading news papers.But today,such news are a part of daily life.Almost hundreds of people die daily and several murdered brutally and its hard to decide how much we mourn and grief over such people.And so,we are making our hearts hard enough not to feel such incidents and their horror.
The simple solution for me is escape.i seldom watch news but people who watch news channels daily and listen to same news of murders,accidents,rape and things like that again and again surprise me that they just watch them like a movie and feel no pain and sorry for the people who suffer badly.I think its all because of the media who brought every thing at our door step and make it a part of our daily life.

MuslimSquad
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
What a sad story, but very touching, just wondering, what's up with the Family Guy pic? Haha.

Tawangar
10-31-2011, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
:'( how sad, because it is true. I have two younger sisters who live with my dad, and they have a TV in literally every room of the house and it is always turned on, even at dinner time no one eats together, they all go into their separate rooms and sit in front of the TV. I feel so sad because that is now how I was raised - dinner time was when everyone came together and talked about our day and we spent time together - there was even a NO TV rule!
Al salamu 'alaikum wr wb.
How lucky are sinners like us then, that we do not have TV sets in our home.

tigerkhan
10-31-2011, 08:45 AM
i sometime think if there is no electricity in d world...????
alongwith some +ive of science, we may think how much of innocent humans had been killed by this advancement in technology and modren weapons. i blv "humanity" is main thing and it should be focused on top. otherwise every advancement in science lead to destruction of mankind, humanity and human values.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-31-2011, 06:12 PM
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's a knob called `brightness', but it doesn't work.

Tawangar
11-01-2011, 05:57 AM
al salamu 'alaykum wr wb.
Well, the TV set is also known as the idiot box, is it not?;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!