/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How tough are you in cold weather?

Samiun
10-30-2011, 02:08 PM
:sl: I personally cannot stand the coldness especially if it's around 10 degrees below with the wind blowing at a breeze. Somehow, I managed to see that people that live in these conditions find it normal. They can just go out with no gloves and show no pain whatsoever. They also don't shiver becuz of the cold. Is there some type of exercise or routine that get them prepared for Winter? Sometimes I think they're bodies are cold-proof...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
10-30-2011, 02:27 PM
I know what you mean, my friend wears t shirts in winter and doesn't get ill :hmm: I get a cold that usually lasts 2 days, but if I don't cover up properly when I go out, I keep on getting colds.

aadil77
10-30-2011, 03:20 PM
I think it might have something to do with genetics, I find that asians usually can't handle the cold even if they're big and built whereas you'll see skinny white kids out in t-shirts like its normal

MartyrX
10-30-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm a skinny guy and I despise the cold. The hotter the better for me!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.iman.
10-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I grew up in super cold weather in the winter, so it didn't bother me when I was younger. After living in a milder climate over the past few years where it rarely snowed, and coming back to freezing temperatures, I'd have to say I'm pretty much a wimp. I'm constantly bundled up in my coat outside or in a robe/blanket at home - and it's not even officially winter yet. it's always an excuse to drink hot chocolate though!

جوري
10-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I love winter my favorite season if only every December didn't add an unwanted year to my life :( winter is crisp virginal the snow washes over the planes cleansing it of sin people are dressed for a change and mind their own business .. Yup old man winter is a friend he matches me in demeanor and emotion in his purity and his iron grip his gentle mornings and woeful nights his sadness and strength his quiet dignity the sparkle and brilliance of his nights .. Old man winter is my friend. And I am 125 pds so just get a freaking neck gaiter and embrace him!

GuestFellow
10-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Salaam,

I'm fine with cold weather. I like it when it's raining. Also, I don't mind taking cold showers, it's refreshing.

Ramadhan
10-30-2011, 11:27 PM
I love snow and cold and ice, and I also love warm tropical islands weather.
What I don't like is cold, freezing drizzle rain with grey cloud hanging so low that can go on for days like what I experienced in the netherlands during december-february. It's depressing.

Alpha Dude
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
The toughest thing about the cold is getting out of the duvet.

جوري
10-30-2011, 11:37 PM
^^ :haha: I hear you.. We were hit by a snow storm yesterday and I made a hot water bottle and got under my featherbed ny favorite sanctuary and hiding place ... Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed especially on the weekend!

Ghazalah
10-31-2011, 01:13 AM
I love the cold too. Especially the rain. I know a lot of people tend to complain of extra dry skin on the face when the weather's cold.

Hamza Asadullah
10-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Umar (ra) encouraged the Muslims to make the best use of the long winter nights in the worship of Allah and the shortened winter days in fasting.

esperanza
10-31-2011, 12:36 PM
not tough at all ..grew up in europe but never liked winter..now live in the desert and used to the heat...now i go back to london in june..think its cold and want the heating on!!!!

peace_maker
10-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Awww, it's snowing everywhere?imsad It never snows here. How I wish to experience snow. Winter only started here like two days ago. Before that you'll have to spend all your time in AC. It's got a little cold here. It hardly rains here, talk about snow. :heated:

I love winter. What I don't like is summer. It gets all hot and sweaty.. just annoying.:exhausted And besides, the summer here is horrible!:enough!:

I don't think I stand it if it snows but, whatever! I just want to feel it!

جوري
10-31-2011, 02:45 PM
It was unseasonal snow-- usually happens in december not October .. We've been hit by strange weather and climate changes of late ... In a few months time I experienced an earth quake, hurricanes and early snow .. I say what man can't accomplish with weaponry he certainly can with du3a ... Hurricane like Katrina or tsunami or earthquake and we'll be wiped out... So moral of the story if you pray for destruction by same token pray for the safety of your brothers and sisters from calamity...

:w:

MartyrX
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
It usually snows here in Iowa in October. Since today is the last day, and we have yet to get any snow, I am pleased.

.iman.
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
I hear you.. We were hit by a snow storm yesterday and I made a hot water bottle and got under my featherbed ny favorite sanctuary and hiding place ... Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed especially on the weekend!
That sounds waaaaaay too comfy! I heard about the storm from my aunt in PA, she said that they got like 2 feet already! Even though winter can be tough for those who don't like cold weather, I do have to admit the first snow of the year is always so beautiful, subhanAllah. I love waking up and looking outside to see everything white, sparkly and the calmness that is with it. After that, the snow plows and cars get to the roads and it becomes brown slush, not so pretty.

جوري
10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
That sounds waaaaaay too comfy! I heard about the storm from my aunt in PA, she said that they got like 2 feet already! Even though winter can be tough for those who don't like cold weather, I do have to admit the first snow of the year is always so beautiful, subhanAllah. I love waking up and looking outside to see everything white, sparkly and the calmness that is with it. After that, the snow plows and cars get to the roads and it becomes brown slush, not so pretty.
I think whenever things get unbearable for me.. I like to look at something in nature even if just looking up at the skies and it fills my heart with gratitude, Allah swt gives us instant beauty to satiate all our senses & we can put all chagrins & woes aside for a minute..

When I used to drive to work with my friend she was such a chatterbox, to shut her up I'd have the windows down lol I know it is cruel but I hate so much sensory stimulation at 5-6 am so she'd cocoon herself in her scarf and I'd freak her out by both driving like a madwoman and freezing her at the same time.. It is really a favorite past time to drive with the windows down when it is 20 degrees outside.. by the end of the day my cheeks look like I'd been slapped repeatedly on them but it is ok.. small price to pay :p

Haya emaan
11-01-2011, 03:26 PM
here we have winter just for 3 months or some more.. so i am not used to of winter much... its still very hot here these days

UmmuShaheed
01-27-2012, 03:02 AM
I dont mind the rain,
but I love the winter, I sleep with the window open :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!