/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clocks being moved forward

Alpha Dude
10-30-2011, 05:25 PM
For those in the UK.

I thought it was a good idea... until I realised what time iftaar would start at next year. :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
10-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Why can't they just leave the time as it is :hmm: I'm going to get an hour less of sleep now :( after 12 tonight it, it will become 1 am? :(

~Raindrop~
10-30-2011, 05:47 PM
The day would be too long, wouldn't it? :hmm:

lol I liked this comment on the site:

format_quote Originally Posted by altwebid
I agree whole heartedly if I get more time in bed.

I disagree strongly if less.

Otherwise I couldn't care less.

Salahudeen
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
The day would be too long, wouldn't it? :hmm:

lol I liked this comment on the site:
But that's a good thing, long days are nice, it's horrible waking up in the dark, going to uni in the dark, coming out of uni in the dark, going home in the dark, never get sufficient amount of daylight then consequently on comes the winter blues and my productivity significantly decreases and my lazyness increases :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
10-30-2011, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Why can't they just leave the time as it is :hmm: I'm going to get an hour less of sleep now :( after 12 tonight it, it will become 1 am? :(
Forward tonight? It actually went back an hour last night (the good change). You had an extra hour of sleep and didn't even realise it. :hmm:

Salahudeen
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Forward tonight? It actually went back an hour last night (the good change). You had an extra hour of sleep and didn't even realise it. :hmm:
:nervous: I never noticed good job you told me or I would've been out of sync 2moro and arrived early or late some where. :hmm: ah then it's a good change ;D I'm so dozy sometimes. The funny thing is the time updated in some places in our house so I was getting confused by the clocks and thinking "wow that hour went fast" ;D

Alpha Dude
10-30-2011, 06:21 PM
To be honest, I had no idea either. I rely on my comp and phone for time and they both automatically moved forward. If they didn't, I'd have been as clueless as you. :skeleton:

~Raindrop~
10-30-2011, 07:32 PM
^lol. I wasn't too pleased with the time change today. Waited forever for it to be a reasonable hour (I have insomnia), got up finally and realised no one would be up for ages anyway!

.iman.
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Always remember: Spring FORWARD Fall BACK! That's what my mom always told me :statisfie I actually thought we turned our clocks back here since everyone in Europe did, but in the US it isn't until Nov 6th!

~Raindrop~
10-30-2011, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
Spring FORWARD Fall BACK!
Good one. Only it might still confuse some Britons because we say Autumn, not Fall :p

.iman.
10-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Good one. Only it might still confuse some Britons because we say Autumn, not Fall :p
haha true sis, I didn't think about that... but then the phrase won't make sense if you change the word! :rollseyes

MuslimSquad
10-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Daylight savings is ending, I believe...? The days are going to seem a LOT shorter, haha.

Salahudeen
10-30-2011, 09:57 PM
^lol. I wasn't too pleased with the time change today. Waited forever for it to be a reasonable hour (I have insomnia), got up finally and realised no one would be up for ages anyway!
From a fellow insomniac I know just how you feel, I've struggled to maintain a normal sleep routine all my life, I'm thinking of getting this :hmm: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HF34...=16YTG7TKBL9TZ

it's supposed to wake you up naturally like on bright mornings when the sun shines into your room

peace_maker
11-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Nobody follows that here. :p

Who Am I?
11-02-2011, 07:14 PM
I can see changing clocks if you're still a farmer. Otherwise, don't bother. Leave the clocks alone.

Winter is supposed to be cold, dark, and depressing. That's why we have Christmas in winter, so it sucks less.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-02-2011, 07:23 PM

إحسان
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
I can see changing clocks if you're still a farmer. Otherwise, don't bother. Leave the clocks alone.

Winter is supposed to be cold, dark, and depressing. That's why we have Christmas in winter, so it sucks less.
I don't get why people view winter to be depressing?

My favourite season of the year is winter - I love the snow, the cold AND.. the rain :D It gives me a reason to have hot chocolate :p:

But yes, thankfully the time has changed... it's getting so dark so quickly!

~Raindrop~
11-02-2011, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *dua
That's what I don't like... having to go to evening class in the dark :-\

Who Am I?
11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *dua
I don't get why people view winter to be depressing?

My favourite season of the year is winter - I love the snow, the cold AND.. the rain :D It gives me a reason to have hot chocolate :p:

:sl:

Well I don't like cold. I don't want to do anything when it's cold and wet outside. If I could hibernate from November until March, I would.

Plus getting up in dark and going home in dark is depressing.

Muezzin
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
Plus getting up in dark and going home in dark is depressing.
Unless of course you're Batman.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!