/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I really need help.Is this the whispers of Shaytan?

dornakash
10-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Assalamu Alaikum my brothers and sisters.I have a problem i would like to share with you.Recently i've gotten more religious and i started learning the Qur'an.Then this voices and thoughts linger in my head.They are really crude and rude,i don't even dare say it out loud.These thoughts make me really upset,angry and mad because they're opposite of the real thing.I do believe in Allah(SWT),i praise Him,i pray to him.Then i have all these thoughts/voices in my head and it's really affecting me.It affects me so much.I would like to know if these bad thoughts are sinful? But i don't even mean them! It's making me feel very upset.What's going on? I hope you can advise me.

Thank You.

May Allah(SWT) bless all of you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
10-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

These are definitely just murmurs of the shaytan. Best thing is to simply ignore them. We don't get punished for thoughts that randomly pop-up and things we don't consciously believe.

Tyrion
10-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Err, wait... Do you mean literal voices in your head?

Alpha Dude
10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Err, wait... Do you mean literal voices in your head?
Pretty sure she is referring to thoughts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
10-31-2011, 12:51 PM
As bro Alpha Dude said they are just whispers. Ignore them. Don't let them affect your worship.

format_quote Originally Posted by dornakash
I would like to know if these bad thoughts are sinful?
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah has accepted my invocation to forgive what whispers in the hearts of my followers, unless they put it to action or utter it."
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #46, Hadith #705)

“And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend”
[al-Ahzaab 33:5]

O you who have believed, enter into Islam completely [and perfectly] and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. [Baqarah 2:208]

And say to My slaves (i.e. the true believers of Islamic Monotheism) that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaitan (Satan) verily, sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. [Al Qur'aan 17:53]

"And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties]; and mankind was created weak."[Surah Nisa 4:28]

Self- determination and will power is the only thing we need when we want to do something. If there is a will there is a way. Whenever someone will try to wake up for tahajjud he will wake up then satanic whispers come into his mind 'Why today? I slept late today.Tomorrow at any cost I will wake up for tahajjud but as everyone know tomorrow never comes. The most successful people are those who control their nafs and desires. Shaytan is our enemy and we should defeat him by not listening to him and the excuses and thoughts which he puts in our mind.

But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts. Verily, Paradise will be his abode. (Surah Naziat 79:40-41)

Remember Allah gives patience to those people who try to be patient.

Snowflake
10-31-2011, 08:35 PM
:sl:

Al hamdulillah, the Merciful & Kind does not hold us responsible for thoughts we cannot control. And masha Allah hating those thoughts is a sign of imaan.

Allah tells us in the Quran to seek refuge from the accursed shaytaan before we begin recitation of the Holy Book. There is nothing wrong in doing that throughout your recitation.

One of the Sahaabah complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about waswaas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He [the Sahaabi] said, I did that and Allaah took him away from me.
(Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

The shaytaan is attempting to make worship distressing to you by putting offensive thoughts into your head. The last thing you should do is stop praying. Do the opposite instead. Do more dhikr. Pray salah on time. Recite Quran and understand its meanings. Play/recite Surah al Baqarah every day or once every three days. Avoid sinful actions. And try to offer tahajjud as often as you can if not daily. Also helps listening to Quranic recitation while doing housework etc. Sleep in wudhu and recite the protective surahs and ayatul kursi over yourself before you go to sleep. Say al hamdulillah as soon as you wake up. Recite the duas for going to the toilet. Going out. Entering home. Say bismillah before you eat and do anything else. Basically remember Allah as much as possible through your worship and every day actions. Insha Allah this will cause shaytaan's grip on you to loosen and the thoughts will be less bothersome over time.

Abz2000
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
get angry - fury upholds.
i found a punchbag quite useful

dornakash
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah has accepted my invocation to forgive what whispers in the hearts of my followers, unless they put it to action or utter it."
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #46, Hadith #705)
I have a question,by "utter it" does it mean saying out those exact thoughts? Because when those thoughts were really bothering me,i told my dad about it.However,i didnt utter those exact words out loud.I just described to him what they were like...like i said they were bad/blasphemous/etc like that.

Innocent Soul
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
^ Maybe we should not say to anyone the exact thoughts. Don't blame yourself because you were unaware of this. Now you know that you should not tell those thoughts to anyone so inshallah if you did wrong then Allah will forgive you :).

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2011, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dornakash
Assalamu Alaikum my brothers and sisters.I have a problem i would like to share with you.Recently i've gotten more religious and i started learning the Qur'an.Then this voices and thoughts linger in my head.They are really crude and rude,i don't even dare say it out loud.These thoughts make me really upset,angry and mad because they're opposite of the real thing.I do believe in Allah(SWT),i praise Him,i pray to him.Then i have all these thoughts/voices in my head and it's really affecting me.It affects me so much.I would like to know if these bad thoughts are sinful? But i don't even mean them! It's making me feel very upset.What's going on? I hope you can advise me.

Thank You.

May Allah(SWT) bless all of you.
Asalaamu Alaikum, no my sister you are not held accountable for any thoughts going through your head as these are just the evil whisperings of shaythan who clearly knows you have this problem but is just trying to confuse you and make you feel paranoid. Do not succumb to such thougts. They are merely that - Just thoughts. You need to keep making the following dua's whenever you get such thoughts:

If you get waswas then recite the following:

A'udhu billaahi minashaythanirajeem

and

La Hawla Wala Quwatha Illah billahil aliyyil Adheem

The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may also be beneficial:

“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

I recommend you reading this it is brilliant for fighting waswas:

Combatting the evil whispers of shaythan

http://islamicexorcism.files.wordpre...f-shaytaan.pdf

Read more about how to combat waswas here:

How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...s-worship.html

If you need anymore help or advice with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!