/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Official Eidul Adha Thread.

Endymion
10-31-2011, 05:14 AM
:sl:

I think its time to start this thread,No ^o)

Actually im too much into goats and Cows so i decided not to ruin the pets thread and start a new thread to share the memories of Eidul Adha :statisfie

You and your animals are :welcome:
You can talk about your animals you have on this Eid and also you can share the memories of previous Eids.If anyone like,share the pics of your animal here.So here we go,let me start.

Guess what :D We have Raheel Khan with us :statisfie

Its the Qurban from my Father.All white,having light brown spots on its head and its legs,shy,quiet and it has a small beard as well :statisfie

My Father bought it on Saturday and just after a day,he got cold and flu :( My father brought a vet for him and he suggest some medicines for Raheel Khan which my Father picked from the Medical store and then we had to makke him ate them :skeleton:
It was truly a hard job as we never face anything like that before +o( My Father dissolve them in a glass of water and ask me to pour the medicine in its mouth while he will try to open his mouth :-[ [Man,i never knew that one day i'll have to do this job for goats and before that,i only had expirience with my nasty bro's :exhausted

So,we tried our best on him.My father tried and tried to open Raheel's mouth but he oppose strongly :omg: then,my father mount on him [not riding actually,it was just to control him :-[ ] and opened his mouth and after 3 attempts,we succeeded pouring half medicine on its mouth and half on floor :phew
But unfortunately,Raheel Khan is still not stable :'( please pray for him to get speedy recovery :hmm:

With this,we have something exciting in our lane.Its a huge Red,angry bull that just arrive yesterday in our lane :awesome:
As they put it down from the van,angry handsome tried to escape but wow to the man who was handling it,he did'nt let him run.They tie it with the poll and still the angry red creature trying to escape and keep on moving here and there angirly shaking his big head and tring to hit those who wants to be frank.What a sensational addition,i love it :coolious:

Also,the owner,who is our right hand neighbor and a lean Uncle with God knows how many sons keeping a distance of 10 feet from the angry red thing.I wonder how come they handle it for 7 more days :hmm:

Ok,its enough for now,i'll post the updates about Raheel Khan,Angry man and will share the memories of our previous Qurbaan's.

Your turn :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Aleena
10-31-2011, 06:18 AM
:sl:
Ours is really cute, white with a black patch on its head. My brother is having a hard time running behind him: D

.iman.
10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Aww Endy, I love your story! inshAllah Raheel Khan will be healthy in time for Aid. I wish I had stories of Aid, but this is my second Aid (last year I had converted only a few days beforehand) and I don't have any family to celebrate with, it will just be another day around here :cry: at least I have IB forum to celebrate on! :muslimah:

Haya emaan
10-31-2011, 04:17 PM
we haven't bought the animal yet..:hmm: but thats not the sad part.. sad part is we will not have its stay at our home...:(:(:(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
11-01-2011, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
Aww Endy, I love your story! inshAllah Raheel Khan will be healthy in time for Aid. I wish I had stories of Aid, but this is my second Aid (last year I had converted only a few days beforehand) and I don't have any family to celebrate with, it will just be another day around here :cry: at least I have IB forum to celebrate on! :muslimah:
:sl: Dearest Sister Iman :statisfie

Mashallah you are one of those people who are in the real spirit of Eidul Adha.The spirit of Sacrifice.Actually,majority of us just enjoy this Eid as a fun fair and hardly remind ourselves the great and heart warming story of sacrifice of the Noble family of Ibraheem AS.He AS left his family in the deserts of Makkah just to get the pleasure of Allah SWt and his wife did'nt even said a word of complain and helped her husband in his noble intention.She left there with the infant Ismaeel AS and ran between the mountains in search of water.She faced all those hardships of living in desert with her kid just for the sake of Allah SWT.And in the end,they even present their beloved son Ismaeel in the way of Allah SWT who was only 12 years old that time when His Noble father took him to sacrifice him.
And look at the mercy and love of Allah SWT,The One who is Al-Shakoor (The most Appriciative).He SWT appriciate the struggle of this noble family in a way that will be rememberd till the world exists.He SWT make it obligatory for every Muslim to perform hajj and see all that and expirience all those difficulties their selves.The struggle of Hajra RA is an obligatory part of Hajj and All Hujjaj's will run between the mountains of Safa and Marwa till the world end to remember the hardships and Sabr of Hajra RA.Safa and Marwa are actually the signs of a woman's sabr and Allah SWT raised her to such a high rank and appriciate it in such an amazing way.

Sabr is indeed very difficult,my dear sister but the reward is never ending.Allah SWT never spoil the deeds of noble people.Inshallah,Allah SWT will bless you with all that pleases you and will raise you high in ranks.Indeed,we all Muslims are your Brothers and Sisters and we are your family.I wish i was near you and give you a tight hug :statisfie and make some Eid dishes for you but dont you worry,i'll post pics of my cow and goat and the Eid dishes for you and you will fell like you are with us all :statisfie

And above all that,Allah SWT is with you and His help and Mercy is near you.May He SWT ease all your affairs and open all the doors of goodness for you.Amen.

Endymion
11-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Updates about Raheel Khan :D

Ok,i have a good news for all who are worried about Raheel :statisfie

The medicines did'nt work that good but thanks to our maid who is a village woman,she advice us to give him a tree leaves to eat (which i dunno what to call in English) and after having them,Raheel is feeling much better :alright:
Also,she told my mom about a village tip.She said that we have to tie a red ribbon on Raheel's tail :skeleton: Now i dont know is that color therapy or what but again,im here to do this job :embarrass (Man i dont love animals THIS much :enough!: )

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
we haven't bought the animal yet.. but thats not the sad part.. sad part is we will not have its stay at our home...
Whaaa.... This is just unbearable :heated:

Haya emaan
11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
any one sacrificing camel? our neighbors have it every year and we have a big crowd to see it but this time they brought a cow... :(

Innocent Soul
11-05-2011, 12:45 PM
^ A camel should be at least 5 years old to be sacrificed.

Endymion
11-05-2011, 03:17 PM
We just have cows and goats and Bulls around us :hmm: No Camel at all :hmm:

Last night people were riding their animals and i saw a bull,all white and had a yellow spot on its back :statisfie that looks great.I told my mom that they have the true "Baqarah" and she told me that they actually made it with Henna :skeleton:

Nice put Innocent,i did'nt know that :thumbs_up

Haya emaan
11-05-2011, 03:41 PM
at last on the cries of my little sister our goat arrived at our home.. its color is brown..:p

Endymion
11-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Yuppieeeeee....**Drum Rolls** :alright:

Whats its name BTW ^o)

Haya emaan
11-05-2011, 03:58 PM
not decided yet.. actualy i cant go out to see him so m waiting for my brothers to bring it inside.. :p

Endymion
11-05-2011, 04:01 PM
You can decide a cute name in this period :D

My dad shifted Raheel to the cattle farm,im missing him so so much imsad

Abz2000
11-06-2011, 01:42 AM
i can't see mine - it's abroad.

eid mubarak though everyone:

Ramadhan
11-06-2011, 03:02 AM
I've just finished witnessing my goat being slaughtered and skinned and divided to be given away.
I'll post some pictures later, now I will have to help my mom making some lamb satay.

Tilmeez
11-06-2011, 11:05 AM
^ Seeing does not work in our part of the world. :p

Tilmeez the butcher is almost ready for tomorrow morning, Inshallah :p

Ramadhan
11-06-2011, 11:23 AM
We slaughtered a few goats this year alhamdulillaah, and here's a couple of them pre-slaughter:

And here's one who was ikhlas during the slaughter :P
(please close your eyes if you are adverse to seeing goat being slaughtered)

and here's some lamb satay that I cooked from our part of the qurban meat:

naturally, I've gained 2 kilos already and my cholesterol level has shot past 200.

Tilmeez
11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
We slaughtered a few goats this year alhamdulillaah, and here's a couple of them pre-slaughter:
They ain't goats man they are sheep :p

My daughter's blackboard with Takbeerat:
Attachment 4427

I could not take the photos of the 4 cows we have at our Masjid as all the elders of the mosque were present there and out of respect I preferred not taking any pictures :)

Ramadhan
11-06-2011, 12:17 PM
^ wow your daughter's arabic writing is much better than mine. You should be a proud papa, hunter-butcher tilmeez!

Tilmeez
11-06-2011, 01:28 PM
^I hate to tell you that I wrote this for her :omg:
She is only seven. She can write but not that good. :p

Endymion
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I have no time to fight with people who posted such horrible pics in my thread :raging:
Just pop in to introduce you all with Sofia,our sweet cow :D
Will post the pice of Raheel later Inshallah.Im in a hurry actually,i have to visit my sis in law who gave birth to the sweetest thing,a beautiful pink doll who arrive today morning at Fajar time,make me Aunty Endy officially :p
Her name is Zuha,the light :wub:
Ok,here is Sofia :)

Eid Mubarak Dear all,enjoy the eid feast :giggling:

Haya emaan
11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
a night to go.. and then we will have meat meat all around the house:shade:

interested in asking from those who have done qurbani today, what have you made for dinner out of the qurabni meat..:p.

and here's some lamb satay that I cooked from our part of the qurban meat:
it will definitly turn out delicious.. we will be making them tomorrow from cow meat INSHAALLAH!

Ramadhan
11-06-2011, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Ok,here is Sofia
Sofia looks (or looked? :omg:) pretty for a cow.
I'm sure she'll taste as pretty on anyone's dinner plate Insha Allah ;D

ardianto
11-06-2011, 03:07 PM
any one sacrificing camel? our neighbors have it every year and we have a big crowd to see it but this time they brought a cow...
Hey, hey, most of members here are not living in Middle East.

now I will have to help my mom making some lamb satay.
Lamb is always avoided in the "hypertension families", like my family. So, we gave all of those lamb meat to poor people.

Haya emaan
11-06-2011, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Hey, hey, most of members here are not living in Middle East.
neither do i but we have some camels around too... big crowd gathers here to see camel slaughter...its just like a fair:p

ardianto
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
neither do i but we have some camels around too... big crowd gathers here to see camel slaughter...its just like a fair
Sometime I and my kids ride camel in the zoo. For us they are cute animals. Ow, ow, I will cry three days three nights if I see people slaughter camels.

Endymion
11-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Sofia looks (or looked? :omg:) pretty for a cow.
I'm sure she'll taste as pretty on anyone's dinner plate Insha Allah ;D
Eidul Adha will be tomorrow over here.We will slaughter Raheel tomorrow imsad and Sofia a day after that :cry:

I always hide in the kitchen and make noice so that i cant hear the voice of animals crying and screaming :embarrass

Once when the slaughter done and my bros clean up the mess,i went in the veranda dun remember what i had to do but as i reached near the stairs,i saw the goats head placed there :scared: I screamed loudly and runs back in.But now im a little brave and i scare my little sis with cow's legs :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Today I slaughtered 2 goats. :p First time experience was not so bad. I had to apply force and slit the throat of a goat, it was so strong that even after silting it's throat it was kicking and the blood poured out like water and stained my clothes...:heated:

Haya emaan
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
Today I slaughtered 2 goats. First time experience was not so bad. I had to apply force and slit the throat of a goat,
reminds me of some past eid.. when i with my father's help slaughtered the goat ( all the force on the throat was applied by my father..:p)

we had our cow slaughtered today at my uncles house so we just received the meat..( didnt even saw my cow:()
goat is still there waiting for its turn tomorrow INSHALLAH!

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
For those who are allowed to slaughter there sheep in there back garden, your very lucky... Here in England you have to go to a slaughter house, and due to transport were unable to go...

Endymion
11-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Today I slaughtered 2 goats. :p First time experience was not so bad. I had to apply force and slit the throat of a goat, it was so strong that even after silting it's throat it was kicking and the blood poured out like water and stained my clothes...:heated:
Stop itttt Buchaaaa.... :enough!:

Raheel Khan :'(

Tilmeez
11-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Raheel Khan
May accept it.

Slaughtered 4 cows (oxen actually). Can't even type now. Will update this thread later :skeleton:

Endymion
11-07-2011, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
May accept it.
Aameen :cry:

Slaughtered 4 cows (oxen actually). Can't even type now. Will update this thread later :skeleton:
:scared:

ardianto
11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Slaughtered 4 cows (oxen actually). Can't even type now. Will update this thread later
4 x 7 = 28

For 28 persons ?

sister herb
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Raheel Khan

~Raindrop~
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Eid Mubarak everyone :)

There were 9 cakes in total, wish i'd taken a pic of all of them lol.

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

Hey! Sharing is caring! Where's my piece :P

Lucky you guys had a cake and all... I just had some asian Biriyani.

Endymion
11-07-2011, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

Thanks Harby,im feeling better now :statisfie

9 cakes :uuh: did you occupied a bakery,girl ^o)

And you have no right to post such yummy pics :raging: I want to eat it imsad
Are you a real sister of Tragic Typo ^o) He irritate us all like that :hmm:

~Raindrop~
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
9 cakes did you occupied a bakery,girl

And you have no right to post such yummy pics I want to eat it
Are you a real sister of Tragic Typo He irritate us all like that
Lol no.. we have a huge extended family and usually give each household chocs or something, this time we thought we'd break tradition :p so we were left with only 1.

Lol, no- not related in any way... Just thought I'd post the pic as this is the Eid thread :P

Haya emaan
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
i wish i had a huge family and we would have gathered and bought such delicious many cakes....:heated:

Endymion
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Nom nom nom....Is there any option like take it out from the computer :hmm:
And dont do that next time,you know i like eating Vegetarians :raging:

~Raindrop~
11-07-2011, 04:56 PM
And dont do that next time,you know i like eating Vegetarians
:skeleton:

Well, this vegetarian had to wait for ages as everything they cooked had either meat or chicken and they forgot to make anything for her :p

Erm... you're all welcome to a slice- if you can get to it, that is :hiding:

Endymion
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
You can borrow some of my family members,Haya :D I have hundreds of thousands of cousins (sigh) :skeleton:

Endymion
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Well, this vegetarian had to wait for ages as everything they cooked had either meat or chicken and they forgot to make anything for her :p
Ahh that bring coolness to my heart :D they took my revenge :giggling:

Erm... you're all welcome to a slice- if you can get to it, that is :hiding:
You..... :offended:

Haya emaan
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
You can borrow some of my family members,Haya :D I have hundreds of thousands of cousins (sigh) :skeleton:
wow!! MASHALLAH!! you must be having lots of fun..:p

sister herb
11-07-2011, 05:02 PM
The cake looks good...

Endymion
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Very much fun :ermm:

I actually dont like meeting up people too much :hmm:

Haya emaan
11-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Very much fun :ermm:

I actually dont like meeting up people too much :hmm:
what ever Allah gives is for our good.. *I actually dont like meeting up people too much too* thats why i dont have a huge family...:p

Tilmeez
11-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Show Time :p

Attachment 4432

Attachment 4433

Attachment 4434

Three monsters we had to deal with. The forth one was too furious to be kept in open. We directly took it to the place of slaughtering.

To be continued....

Endymion
11-09-2011, 01:39 PM
:alright: :bravo: you must be very brave to handle such horrible creatures :skeleton: Now i have to decide whether you are Super Man or Hercules :uuh:

our neighbour's Bull [i named it "Akbar Malik"] was almost like the 3rd one.He was really angry and dangerous in the begining but at the time of slaughter,he was a coward :hmm: I thought he will create some sensation before the slughter but they handle him easy :hmm:

I took a few shots of Akbar and Raheel,will post them in a few days Inshallah :statisfie

Samiun
11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
:sl: Allahuakbar! You took the chance of a life-time man, how many people hold the goats??

I have a recorded a video showing a buffalo getting slaughtered around the mosque area, if anyone wants to see it you can PM me.

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: Allahuakbar! You took the chance of a life-time man, how many people hold the goats??

I have a recorded a video showing a buffalo getting slaughtered around the mosque area, if anyone wants to see it you can PM me.
There were two men who held the goat. They were the actual butchers. :p: It was not me who was the butcher. :p:

I'd like to see the video. Please PM me.

Tilmeez
11-09-2011, 06:06 PM
.... here is how those 4 creatures looked in a pile :p

Attachment 4435

Hard parts (Bones)
Attachment 4436

and that's how my hands looked like after 4 hours when we finished working:

Attachment 4437

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-09-2011, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
I want to see ze blood...i never saw a cow getting slaughtered.

Endymion
11-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Butchers hijacked my thread :enough!:

911 please come in :heated:

Tilmeez
11-09-2011, 07:54 PM
911 please come in
911 is here! How would you like me to help you, sister?
Should I delete all the posts with pink colour?:heated:

Endymion
11-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Should I delete all the post with pink colour?
Arrest all the South Asian terrorists,Sir.They slaughter poor animals and drink their blood in the night :skeleton:

Ramadhan
11-10-2011, 03:25 AM
I like how this thread has decidedly taken a more manly and masculine route from the previously fluffy and feminine...

More monsters' body parts please

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-10-2011, 07:38 AM
.... here is how those 4 creatures looked in a pile :p

Attachment 4435

Hard parts (Bones)
Attachment 4436
I want to dive into that pile and swim across the beef and bones. :skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!