/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A confused brother.

Huzzy_786
10-31-2011, 09:38 PM
:sl:
Alright, I'd like to just get to the point. Basiclly I am 15 and I learn the basics about Islam from a local masjid, so I tend to give advice to people about the things they do, and how they can improve on it (mostly the youth, on smoking and music etc)

Now a sudden case has come up to me, and one of the people I adviced has said, I 'belittle' them. I'll be honest I had no intention to belittle anyone... I used to advice them according the ruling of Islam ( dont mention there sins in public etc) So I used to take them a side and tell them...

Now I douth myself that maybe in improveing others I maybe doing something wrong too... What do you guys think I should do.

Does anyone know any haddith which say you should advice due to lack of knowleadge? or something? Please help me out!

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
11-01-2011, 01:08 AM
salaam brother,
the Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said:
ballighuu Annee Walaw Aayah,

convey my message, even if it is only one verse,

but we must constantly do our best to increase our knowledge, and be ready to say "i don't know" when we don't.

Abu Dharr (ra) spent a very small amount of time listening to the Prophet (pbuh), he went to the Ka'bah and shouted "O Quraish! I bear witness that there is no god but Almighty God And i bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is the messenger of Almighty God!
they fell upon him and beat him until Abbas (ra) shielded him and warned them "Woe to you! this man is from Ghifaar (a notorious tribe of raiders), be careful how you treat him or your caravans won't be able to pass through their territory"- the next day he got up and shouted it out again and the same thing happened, this happened a few times and eventually Abu Dharr returned to his tribe and began inviting them to Islam, when the Prophet (pbuh) had emigrated to Madina, it is reported that one day the people saw a large cloud of dust in the distance, the Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said "be Abu Dharr", it was recorded that Abu Dharr had come with his whole tribe - seeking to swear allegiance to the Prophet (pbuh).

that's about all the man (may Allah be pleased with him) knew to convey! well he conveyed it :)

i also know of my own faults and shortcomings and when i do pluck up the courage to advise, i make sure they know that i have been through much myself and found it to be useless. that i understand their situation etc.
IMHO sitting on a high horse when people don't recognise it to be such is one of the most useless ways of conveying a message.

if you tell someone walking down the street that their flies are open and they get offended (even though you tried not to be offensive or cause hurt), what can you do? at least you tried...........

another example is Mus'ab ibn Umair (ra), he was sent to Madinah to teach the people Islam during the Makkan period, before much of the Quran had been revealed, and only the first part of the example of the life of the Prophet (pbuh) had been observed. the majority of Madinah ended up accepting Islam from his teaching of what he knew.

Invite all to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious:
for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

Quran 16:125

it is difficult for me to give advice, knowing my own past faults, but sometimes you have to.

And Allah knows best.

Huzzy_786
11-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Jazakallah brother! This really helped...
If I give advice on the internet, like here... Were all strangers...Would that still be wrong.

Endymion
11-01-2011, 08:40 AM

Advising people and calling them towards Islam is not an easy job.One should keep all aspects in mind before advising others.Here is something that might help you understand what i mean.

Once a man came to Abdullah Ibn Abbas RA and said,"I want to stop people from evil and call them towards good and do the duty of Dawah".Abdullah bin Abbas replied,"Do you think you have reached to the rank where you can perform the duties of a Daee.He said,"I hope so".
Abdullah RA told him that if you dont fear these three ayahs of Quran will degrade you,you can do this job without any doubt.The man asked which three ayahs are those.Abdullah RA said.The first ayah is,

2:44. Do ye enjoin right conduct on the people, and forget (To practice it) yourselves, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?
Did you act upon this ayah?The man said"No".

Abdullah said,the second ayah is,
61:2. O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?
Did you act upon this in full?The man said,"No".
Abdullah recite the third ayah and asked whether he act upon this or not?

11:88. He said: "O my people! see ye whether I have a Clear (Sign) from my Lord, and He hath given me sustenance (pure and) good as from Himself? I wish not, in opposition to you, to do that which I forbid you to do. I only desire (your) betterment to the best of my power; and my success (in my task) can only come from Allah. In Him I trust, and unto Him I look.

The man said he did not.Then Abdullah RA advice him to stop himself from evil and do good first and then advice others.

What you need to do is to first act upon all the above.And then,if you want to perform the duty of Dawah (which is every Muslims responsibility) You should learn the rules of Dawah.

The three basic rules can be found in this ayah.
16:125. Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance

Another thing very important is patience.Do the Dawah with patience and do not loose heart if you face difficulties in the way of Allah SWT.

The best advice i can give you is that,do not advice people unless they ask you for it.If you want to correct others,tell them in an indirect way.Dont tell them what they did was wrong but say that,"I dont like doing anything like that" or "I know a man who do such things and then explain why you dont like it according to Quran and Hadith.

It will be better if you start with kids.Befriend with them,tell them Islamic stories,stories of Noble Prophets in an interesting way.Help them Reciting Quran and learning Islam.If you start your noble plan from beginners level,it will help you walk firmly in the way of Allah SWT.

In the end,i ask Allah SWT to help you,guide you and bless you with success in your noble intention.Amen.

P.S.Did you write the 786 thing instead of Bismillah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
11-01-2011, 09:29 AM

Don't be put off by how other people react insha Allah.

Allah said in the Noble Quran:

"The believers, men and women, are Auliya (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Maroof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. 71. " Allah has promised to the believers -men and women, - Gardens under which rivers flow to dwell therein forever, and beautiful mansions in Gardens of Adn (Eden Paradise). But the greatest bliss is the Good Pleasure of Allah. That is the supreme success. 72. ( Surat At-Taubah (The Repentance): 71-72)

In another verse Allah subhana wa ta 'ala says:

"So their Lord accepted of them (their supplication and answered them), "Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female. You are (members) one of another, so those who emigrated and were driven out from their homes, and suffered harm in My Cause, and who fought, and were killed (in My Cause), verily, I will remit from them their evil deeds and admit them into Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise); a reward from Allah, and with Allah is the best of rewards." ( Surat Al-Imran (The Family of Imran): 195).

And...

"And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of Allah (Muslim), such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a Naqeera (speck on the back of a datestone), will be done to them." ( Surat An-Nisâ' (The Women): 124).

The beloved Prophet salallahu alayhi wasallam also said: "Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people." (Baihaqi)

Imams Bukhari and Muslim reported that Rasulullah (SAW) said, “Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him say good or remain silent.”

Make intention to perform good deeds solely for the pleasure of Allah alone.

"O people! The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions, and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended..... (Bukhari)
Becareful of feeling pride and doing good deeds out of vanity. If you feel these feelings arising, it's better to delay that deed until you've purified your intentions.

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Almighty said, ‘Pride is My cloak and greatness is My robe, and he who competes with Me in respect of either of them, I shall cast into the Hell Fire.’”
[Sunan Abu Dawud - Classed as Sahih by Shaykh al-Albaani]

Huzzy_786
11-01-2011, 04:27 PM
By advising, I dont only mean calling people to Islam.. Its the muslim brothers/sisters today! The youth of today need to learn how to act upon Islam instead of listening to Music...

Huzzy_786
11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
@Endymion Jazakallah,

I put 786 because 'Huzzy didnt work' and thats the first number that came to mind.

Hamza Asadullah
11-05-2011, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
By advising, I dont only mean calling people to Islam.. Its the muslim brothers/sisters today! The youth of today need to learn how to act upon Islam instead of listening to Music...
Asalaamu Alaikum, brother to enjoin good and forbid evil is a duty upon every Muslim. This is because Prophet Muhammad was the last and the seal of the Prophets (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam). So it is on our heads to spreadthe truth and to enjoin good and forbid evil. To convey the message of the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet. Therefore we should not take this duty lightly. We should convey the message in the best of manners in a beautiful way using wisdom and tact. We should never give dawah in a way that may cause the other person to become defensive. In other words we should never point out peoples faults when advising them but rather we should advise them like we are advising ourselves. We should say "we" and not "you" because we are also reminding ourselves at the same time.

Whatever good a person does after recieving our dawah then we will gain their reward without their reward being decreased in anyway. Subhanallah. On top of that if we stop an evil then we will get rewarded for that.

So we should always try to enjoin good and forbid evil but never do it in a way that would pester a person or annoy them, or to make them feel low or like they have been attacked. So we must be careful with our approach and pick the words we use wisely.

Remember there is no point giving dawah to someone if we openly sin and use profanity etc. We must try to show a good example if we are to be representatives of Islam in giving dawah to others. So we should not be argumentative or use profanity. We should be careful with our tongues so as to not hurt anyones feelings etc. We should try to have the best character and manners for the best dawah is good character and manners.

There will be many who will not like you giving dawah. Just be good towards them and persist in your dawah never give it up. But most of all work on yourself to perfect your prayers, character and manners. Be the best towards your parents, family, relatives and towards all others.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!