/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asalaamu alaikum

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Asalaamu alaikum, I am a non-Muslim Native American (Haudenosaunee Confederacy) but I enjoy learning about Islam. I've become friendly with many Muslimahs over the past year and a half and inshallah, I will continue to learn more and meet more people. wa salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
:welcome: to the forum,dear sister :statisfie

Hope we'll learn good from each other :D

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fakrun
Asalaamu alaikum, I am a non-Muslim Native American (Haudenosaunee Confederacy) but I enjoy learning about Islam. I've become friendly with many Muslimahs over the past year and a half and inshallah, I will continue to learn more and meet more people. wa salaam
Greetings Fakrun, Welcome to the forum. Please make yourself comfortable and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. If you need any help with anything at all then we are always will to help in anyway that we can.

sister herb
11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Salam alaykum

welcome to forum dear. :statisfie

p.s. Be carefull, also from this forum you can find one specific apple pie recipe...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
11-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Wa Alaikum salam! Welcome to the forum!

Haya emaan
11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
welcome to the forum

hope you have a beneficial stay here

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

welcome to forum dear. :statisfie

p.s. Be carefull, also from this forum you can find one specific apple pie recipe...
Wa Alaikum Asalaamu,

oh no! its YOU! The apple pie fiend!!

:bump1:

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Asalaamu alaikum,

Jazakallah khair Ukti for the warm (and very pink) welcome :) I hope to be able to expand my learning as well, because, after all, isn't that what was directed to us all by Allah?

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Greetings Fakrun, Welcome to the forum. Please make yourself comfortable and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. If you need any help with anything at all then we are always will to help in anyway that we can.
Asalaamu alaikum Akhi, Jazakallah khair for the welcome and the invitation to ask questions. I do have a pretty good grasp of most things (in my opinion) and I've learned how to use sites like Islamqa and quran.com quite well. I also frequent the General Presidency's site as well. I've got a Hadith program so I can look it up as needed and I'm a member in other forums as well....but ya neva know what more you can learn if you don't explore, right? :)

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
Wa Alaikum salam! Welcome to the forum!
Jazakallah khair Akhi for the welcome!

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
welcome to the forum

hope you have a beneficial stay here
Asalaamu alaikum,

Jazakallah khair Ukti! Inshallah, I will learn bunches and bunches more than I already do know now. :)

sis muslimah
11-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the forum =)

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
Welcome to the forum =)
Asalaamu alaikum,

Jazakallah khair for the welcome.... be well sister.

Flame of Hope
11-03-2011, 10:14 PM
:sl:

Welcome to IB forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Cabdullahi
11-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Fakrun is a red indian Muslimah, possibly the first one ever....i dont think she has realized that yet

Fakrun
11-03-2011, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham
Welcome to IB forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Wa alaikum Asalaamu,

Queen of Teal....I greet you! Jazakallah khair for your wonderful welcome. I, too, hope that my stay will be enjoyable. Maybe It'll get so enjoyable that IB will become indispensable in my life. We shall have to wait and see... :statisfie

Fakrun
11-04-2011, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
Fakrun is a red indian Muslimah, possibly the first one ever....i dont think she has realized that yet
Asalaamu alaikum,

Akhi, you didn't read my post well enough. I said I was a NON-MUSLIM. While I have a deep, deep respect for Islam, Mohammad and the Sunnah, I am still a Native American and inshallah, I always will be. As for being the "first ever" Native Muslimah, you would be incorrect. There are plenty of American Indian Muslims. I direct you to look up "Turtle Island Muslims". Its a website specifically for North American Natives who are Muslim.

Cabdullahi
11-04-2011, 07:58 AM
A non muslim doesnt say 'jazakAllah' and 'inshaAllah'

You can be native american,stay true to your roots and be a muslimah....it will always work

Ramadhan
11-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Please enjoy your stay and hope you find this forum beneficial Insha Allah :)

Fakrun
11-04-2011, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
A non muslim doesnt say 'jazakAllah' and 'inshaAllah'

You can be native american,stay true to your roots and be a muslimah....it will always work
Asalaamu alaikum,

I know it is unusual for a non-Muslim to say words that are typically associated with Islam, but I assure you, I AM a non-Muslim. I know what the words mean (basically) and know why they are used. I speak the language of those around me so, when I am in a Muslim forum, I want to be understood correctly so I use words that help me to do that. Also, I would direct you to the following:

3:113
Sahih International

They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer].

I am a member of the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) Confederacy from the Mohawk Nation. I live by the Great Law Of Peace brought to the people by the virgin birthed Peacemaker. I live off-Rez so I live inter-tribally which means that in the circle of my life, I accept all people, regardless of nation/tradition/beliefs systems unless it interferes with others or contradicts the Great Law and the Traditional Ethics of the people.....You can look them up if you have questions about them.

Fakrun
11-04-2011, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Welcome to the forum!

Please enjoy your stay and hope you find this forum beneficial Insha Allah
Asalaamu alaikum,

Inshallah, I will...jazakallah khair for the welcome. I'm still trying to find my way around.....do you happen to have a tour map?? :)

Ramadhan
11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Asalaamu alaikum,

Inshallah, I will...jazakallah khair for the welcome. I'm still trying to find my way around.....do you happen to have a tour map?? :)
There's no tour map ..yet, but we have this for new members: http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php

Fakrun
11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
There's no tour map ..yet, but we have this for new members:........
Asalaamu alaikum,

.....and you said there was no tour map....:) Shukran Akhi! Shukran..

alhamdulilaah
11-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Greetings Fakrun,

Welcome to the forum, hope u will like it here, inshAllah.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold
that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

Fakrun
11-05-2011, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alhamdulilaah

Greetings Fakrun,

Welcome to the forum, hope u will like it here, inshAllah.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold
that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256
Wa Alaikum Asalaamu Dear Sister,

You have placed a smilie on my face with your warm and wonderful welcome. See ---->:D

I've heard the term "Muhsin" before on another forum but the explanation was not as expansive as yours. Jazakallah khair for "reciting even a single Ayat" to me that allowed me to understand just a little better.

I have a few favorite Ayats of my own I'd like to share (in a class, the teacher once remarked how wonderful it is to hear that a non-Muslim has a favorite Ayat).

3:113-115
They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer] They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and hasten to good deeds. And those are among the righteous. And whatever good they do - never will it be removed from them. And Allah is Knowing of the righteous.

3:187
And [mention, O Muhammad], when Allah took a covenant from those who were given the Scripture, [saying], "You must make it clear to the people and not conceal it." But they threw it away behind their backs and exchanged it for a small price. And wretched is that which they purchased.

3:199
And indeed, among the People of the Scripture are those who believe in Allah and what was revealed to you and what was revealed to them, [being] humbly submissive to Allah . They do not exchange the verses of Allah for a small price. Those will have their reward with their Lord. Indeed, Allah is swift in account.

Huzzy_786
11-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Peace be upon you too,

I am surprised on how you used the terms ':sl: ' and 'Inshallah', Inshallah means 'If allah wills'

The reason I am supriced is because your not a muslim YET, but 'inshallah' allah will show you the right path.

Fakrun
11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Peace be upon you too,

I am surprised on how you used the terms ' ' and 'Inshallah', Inshallah means 'If allah wills'

The reason I am supriced is because your not a muslim YET, but 'inshallah' allah will show you the right path.
Akhi,

First, Eid Mubarak to you!...

Second, "inshallah" is an Arabic word" to my understanding. When in Rome, do as the Romans do...or, in this case, SPEAK as the Romans do. The meaning is the same tho. I believe in a single God who has the power to provide life or take it away. It is simply because you do not understand my religious beliefs that you find it so difficult to understand how someone who has not spoken the words of the Shahada could be, in manners and thought, so similar to Muslims. You (the general "you") are so focused on Jews and Christians that you do not know about Native American beliefs. However, my own beliefs prevent me from "preaching" to you. I can share what I know but only as it applies to me, not as a "you must follow my religion to be saved" kind of way.

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Woah, I had no clue of it! Jazakallah for telling me sister.

Fakrun
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Woah, I had no clue of it! Jazakallah for telling me sister.
Asalaamu alaikum Akhi,

:) I am here but to serve. :) It is moments like this that I am reminded so strongly of the ayat 3:113-115:

They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer] They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and hasten to good deeds. And those are among the righteous. And whatever good they do - never will it be removed from them. And Allah is Knowing of the righteous.

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Have you memorised the Quraan?

So proud to meet people like you on here... Really inspires me.

:)

Amat Allah
11-07-2011, 01:45 PM

Wa Alikum Assalaam my sweetheart

welcome to our big loving family as a new precious and dear member honey ...

please, enjoy your stay here and whatever Qs you have just ask away with no hesitation; you are amongst your sisters and brothers here ^^...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless true happiness and the whole world too Ameeeeeeeeeen

Humbly, your sister no matter what you are , who you are and where you are:

Amat Allah.

Fakrun
11-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Have you memorised the Quraan?

So proud to meet people like you on here... Really inspires me.
Asalaamu alaikum,

Oh goodness no! There is no way I am a Hafiz!! Nooooo! I'm not talented! lol! I've not even read the whole Qur'an in English, let alone in Arabic. No, I'm still studying the first 3 Surahs.

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Haha Dont worry at all! Everyone has a hidden talent, and I am sure you have one too :) By the first 3 surah do you mean from the front or the back? Surah Naas? Or from surah bayinah?

Fakrun
11-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Haha Dont worry at all! Everyone has a hidden talent, and I am sure you have one too By the first 3 surah do you mean from the front or the back? Surah Naas? Or from surah bayinah?
Asalaamu alaikum,

Sorry Akhi, that was a typo...:statisfie...I meant "I am not THAT talented" (to be Hafiz). I am closely reading and studying the Tafsir of Al-Fatihah through 'Ali'Imran. Surah's 1-3. I do not know which translation you are using but Al-Bayyinah is listed as Surah 98 on Quran.com.

Fakrun
11-07-2011, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Wa Alikum Assalaam my sweetheart

welcome to our big loving family as a new precious and dear member honey ...

please, enjoy your stay here and whatever Qs you have just ask away with no hesitation; you are amongst your sisters and brothers here ^^...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless true happiness and the whole world too Ameeeeeeeeeen

Humbly, your sister no matter what you are , who you are and where you are:

Amat Allah.
Hiyyak Allah,

Dear sister, you could not have given me a more welcome greeting if you tried! Jazakallah khair for your love and gentleness. I DO so hope that you had a VERY wonderful Eid! Eid Mubarak!

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Mhmm I see...

Oh well...

Mashallah Sister, Keep it up! Inshallah you could be preaching to people about Islam one day... I pray for that day sister.

Ramadhan
11-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Asalaamu alaikum,

Sorry Akhi, that was a typo...:statisfie...I meant "I am not THAT talented" (to be Hafiz). I am closely reading and studying the Tafsir of Al-Fatihah through 'Ali'Imran. Surah's 1-3. I do not know which translation you are using but Al-Bayyinah is listed as Surah 98 on Quran.com.
There's only one Qur'an.
And in the Qur'an, surah bayyinah is absolutely most definitely not the first surah. You're correct, it is surah no. 98.

Huzzy_786
11-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Ooops I ment surah bakarah (The cow)? Sorry... I wrote it down from memory so got comfused.

Ramadhan
11-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Ooops I ment surah bakarah (The cow)? Sorry... I wrote it down from memory so got comfused.
The opening (and hence the first) surah of Al Qur'an is always Al Fatiha.
al Baqarah is the second.

Huzzy_786
11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Yes, It is, However some people tend to find it easy to start reading quraan from the back as the surah's are rather short.

Ramadhan
11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Yes, It is, However some people tend to find it easy to start reading quraan from the back as the surah's are rather short.
Did I ever say that people cannot read Qur'an from the back?
I was only correcting you that the first surah is neither al bayyinah nor al baqarah :hmm:

Fakrun
11-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Mhmm I see...

Oh well...

Mashallah Sister, Keep it up! Inshallah you could be preaching to people about Islam one day... I pray for that day sister.
Asalaamu alaikum,

Actually, I already do. I don't hide that I'm learning about Islam. Why would I? Its pointless and would waste too much energy trying to keep my "dirty little secret" a secret. There's nothing wrong with learning something new. I've "liked" so many different Muslim FB pages and post so much information about Islam that you'd think I WAS a Muslim...hehe....but as 3:199 says:

"And indeed, among the People of the Scripture are those who believe in Allah and what was revealed to you and what was revealed to them, [being] humbly submissive to Allah . They do not exchange the verses of Allah for a small price. Those will have their reward with their Lord. Indeed, Allah is swift in account."

Who knows, maybe one day you'll be toting the virtues of Native Americans! lol!

Fakrun
11-08-2011, 12:12 PM

There's only one Qur'an.
And in the Qur'an, surah bayyinah is absolutely most definitely not the first surah. You're correct, it is surah no. 98.
Asalaamu alaikum akhi,

I was in reference to the translators: Yusuf Ali, Pickthall, Khan, etc.....my hardcover Quran happens to be from a deviant sect so it is unreliable for accuracy (a present from my husband who knows nothing about the different translators but wanted to get me something I would appreciate. I've never told him.). for all I knew, there was a translation out there that rearranged the Quran and the brother was using that one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!