/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The blessed day of Arafah is tomorrow (Sat 5th Nov)

Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Abu Qatada (Ra) related that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "Fasting the Day of `Arafah (9th of Dhu'l Hijjah) expiates for 2 years of sins, one year before and one after..[Muslim]

The blessed day of Arafah is tomorrow (Saturday 5th Nov). So we should worship tonight & tomorrow reciting Quran,prayer, Dhikr, Dua, & fast the day tomorrow, so we can gain forgiveness for 2 years of sins Subhanallah!

Sehri will end: 5:15 am

Iftar: 4:27 pm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Pls pls. Make some intense du3a for me if you're going to fast & worship .. And may Allah set reward you of the same

Eid Mubarak all

Ansariyah
11-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Jzk bro, I'm definitely fasting InshaAllah!

Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
We will all pray for each other tonight for one who prays for another Muslim in their absence the angels say "Ameen and the same for you to".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
11-05-2011, 12:42 PM
REMINDER: Takbir-ut-Tashreeq is from Fajr on Saturday the 5th of Nov until Asr on Wednesday the 9th of Nov

Beginning from the Fajr of the 9th Zulhijjah up to the 'Asr prayer of the 13th, it is obligatory on each Muslim to recite the Takbir of Tashreeq after every Fard prayer in the following words.

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar,

La Ilaha Illallahu, Wallahu Akbar,

Allahu Akbar wa lillahilhamd.

(There is no god but Allah and Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest and to Allah belongs all praise.)

According to authentic Islamic sources, it is obligatory on each Muslim, to recite this Takbir after every Fard Salah. For women also, it is commendable though not obligatory. Whether you are performing Salah with Jama'ah (collectively) or on your own (individually) makes no difference. You must recite the Takbir. However, male Muslims should recite it in a loud voice, while females should recite it in a low voice.

(Islamic Months by 'Mufti Taqi Uthmani')

How many times should one recite the Takbir Tashreeq after the Fard Salah:

It is Wajib to recite the Takbir Tashreeq once only. To recite it more than one it is contrary to the Sunnah and to recite it three times and making it compulsory is Bid`ah (innovation) and sin. (Ahsanul Fataawa Vol. 4 Pg. 152)

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

The Origin:

TAKBEER-E-TASHREEK
(Exaltation and Glorification of Allah)

The origin of Takbeer-e-Tashreek dates back to the time when Hazrat Ibraheem (Alayhis-Salaam) made Hazrat Ismaeel lie down. Allah Ta'ala ordered Hazrat Jibraiel (Alayhis-Salaam) to take along a ransom (fidyah) to the scene of the sacrifice of Hadrat Ismaeel (Alayhis-Salaam). When Hazrat Jibraeel (Alayhis-Salaam) appeared there, he feared Ibraheem (Alayhis- Salaam) would slaughter his son and thus began reciting,

"Allah-u-Akbar"

Hearing his voice, Hazrat Ibraheem (Alayhis-Salaam) took to it as a glad tiding and exclaimed:

'Laa ilaha Illallahu wallaahu Akbar"

Hazrat Ismaeel (Alayhis-salaam) also thought that the fidyah had arrived and so he rose up to eulogize and thank Allah Ta'ala saying,

"Allahu Akbar wa Lillahil Hamd"

So let us repeat this words once after every Fard Salaah with full sincerity.

Haya emaan
11-05-2011, 01:21 PM
we will have 9th zilhajj tomorrow 6th november so we will be fasting tomorrow INSHALLAH!

Endymion
11-05-2011, 02:54 PM
:sl:

A quick question,please help.Its actually "some people" here confused me as the day of Arafa in Saudi Arabia is today so we should fast and offer Ibadah according to their Calender in spite of its 8th Dhul Hajj here.I told them that 9th Dhul Hajj will be tommorrow here and this will be the Day of Arafa for the people here but they dont listen to me.Im a little confused now as i might missed such an important day.Please tell me if we should go with our Islamic calender or to follow the Saudi one because Hajj only happen there and today was Arafa over there?

.iman.
11-05-2011, 02:58 PM
jazakAllahu khair for this thread. May Allah SWT accept our fasting and may Allah SWT accept our prayers and pardon all of our sins. Ameen.

Sorry sis Endy, I don't know the answer to your question!

Endymion
11-05-2011, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
Pls pls. Make some intense du3a for me if you're going to fast & worship .. And may Allah set reward you of the same

Eid Mubarak all
Accordance with the hadith where the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said,“The supplication of a Muslim for his brother in his absence will certainly be answered. Everytime he makes a supplication for good for his brother, the angel appointed for this particular task says: `Ameen! May it be for you, too’.” [Muslim].
Alhamdulillah Allah SWT have amazing rewards for every good deed.Whenever pray for your Brother/Sister Muslim,be sure Allah SWT will sent down the same for you so pray with Ikhlaas and pray hardly for them.Allah SWT will ease your affairs as well Inshallah.

When i pray for my internet friends,i ask Allah SWT to bless my FB,UI and IB friends with this and that.And if someone request it then i mention their name and ask Allah SWT to ease their affairs.Im not saying all that because im very good but because i want you all to keep me in your doaa as well :p and Allah SWT will reward you the same Inshallah.Please do pray for me.Jazakallahu Khyran.

format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
jazakAllahu khair for this thread. May Allah SWT accept our fasting and may Allah SWT accept our prayers and pardon all of our sins. Ameen.

Sorry sis Endy, I don't know the answer to your question!
No probs,dearest :statisfie someone will answer Inshallah.Please keep me in your doaa.

Haya emaan
11-05-2011, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

A quick question,please help.Its actually "some people" here confused me as the day of Arafa in Saudi Arabia is today so we should fast and offer Ibadah according to their Calender in spite of its 8th Dhul Hajj here.I told them that 9th Dhul Hajj will be tommorrow here and this will be the Day of Arafa for the people here but they dont listen to me.Im a little confused now as i might missed such an important day.Please tell me if we should go with our Islamic calender or to follow the Saudi one because Hajj only happen there and today was Arafa over there?
sister we have to do fasting according to the moon sighting in our country and not according to saudiArabia.. we will have 9th zilhajj tomorow so you havent missed the day..:)

Endymion
11-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Alhamdulillah :statisfie Jazakallahu Khyran my dearest sizta.May Allah SWT open all the doors of goodness for you and bless you with what pleases you.Amen.

Please keep me in your doaa :statisfie

Haya emaan
11-05-2011, 04:01 PM
ameen and barakallah khair..

you and all my IB family is in my prayers..:statisfie

islamica
11-05-2011, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya

sister we have to do fasting according to the moon sighting in our country and not according to saudiArabia.. we will have 9th zilhajj tomorow so you havent missed the day..:)

Actually no, you do not have to but rather you HAVE to go with Saudi for this one. Day of Arafah and Eid al Adah is not dependent on Moon sighting. Arafah is a place and day of Arafah is when people stand on that place. I don't know the ignorant self centered communities around the world (mostly in the west) think they can do everything they want their way. Maybe it's the "americanism" in them to be different from the jammah.

The Prophet (SAS) said "The Day of Adhaa is the day when the people sacrifice their udhiyah."

Al-Imam AlKhattaabi commented on this hadeeth by saying, "People will be divided into groups and many will go astray from the way of the Prophet (SAS). Some will follow astronomical calculations and some will fast earlier and stand in 'Arafah earlier than the Muslims, like the Baatiniyyah. The Prophet's (SAS) way will always remain and the people who follow it will be the saved ones, those are on the correct path, even if they are few." (Nayl ul-Awtaar 3:329)

Ibn Taymiyyah says that the animal sacrifice at Mina applies in the first place to pilgrims and thereafter to all others. The famous
Hanbali jurist, Hafiz Ibn Rajab explains that the salat of Eid al-Adha should be performed concurrent with the rites being performed during the Hajj.
Ahmad bin Hanbal maintained that Eid al-Adha prayer should be offered during the time when pilgrims were moving from Muzdalifah to Mina.
Imam al-Bhaghawi quoting Ibn Abbas, Imam Malik and Imam Shafa’ee states that Muslims all over the globe are to follow the timings of Hujjaj vis-à-vis Takbeerat of Tashreeq; this according to Imam al-Sarkhasi was an opinion held by Abu Yusuf as well.

IF Muslims can't even unite on this day as one then they should just stop talking about Ummah unity. In fact, we should be doing Ramadan and Eid al Fitr at the same time as well. Yes, we can do local sighting but that was in the past when you coudn't even communicate with the village near by without a days journey on the horse. With global village and global community, we should be more united then divided. There is even hadith of Prophet (s.a.w) and his people fasting when a caravan came and said today is eid we saw the moon already. What did the prophet say? Oh no, we are doing local sighting? He commanded everyone to break their fast and start celebrating. Yet sadly, Muslims seem to fail to understand that and we have masjids within the same community doing eids on two different days.

Endymion
11-05-2011, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
IF Muslims can't even unite on this day as one then they should just stop talking about Ummah unity. In fact, we should be doing Ramadan and Eid al Fitr at the same time as well. Yes, we can do local sighting but that was in the past when you coudn't even communicate with the village near by without a days journey on the horse. With global village and global community, we should be more united then divided. There is even hadith of Prophet (s.a.w) and his people fasting when a caravan came and said today is eid we saw the moon already. What did the prophet say? Oh no, we are doing local sighting? He commanded everyone to break their fast and start celebrating. Yet sadly, Muslims seem to fail to understand that and we have masjids within the same community doing eids on two different days.
People posted bundles of articles here but nobody said that before.Where were you before sister imsad
Ah,if i care to ask all that two days before,im truly feeling like a looser :cry: Its all my fault imsad

islamica
11-05-2011, 06:44 PM

People posted bundles of articles here but nobody said that before.Where were you before sister imsad
Ah,if i care to ask all that two days before,im truly feeling like a looser :cry: Its all my fault imsad

At one time the Prophet (peace be upon him) came and ask for food and there was none and then he said, then today i'm fasting. You can still fast the rest of the day. Inshallah you will get the reward for your intentions and actions. It's also good to do lot of dhikr today.

Endymion
11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I will Inshallah.Jazakallahu Khyran.Please keep me in your doaa.

islamica
11-06-2011, 01:23 AM
I will Inshallah.Jazakallahu Khyran.Please keep me in your doaa.
Inshallah, may Allah bless us all. Ameen!

Hamza Asadullah
11-06-2011, 01:24 AM

Asalaamu Alaikum, Firstly we follow local moon sighting in accordance with the sunnah of Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and then if the moon is not sighted locally then we follow the consensus of our local Masjids most of which will follow Saudi if the moon is sighted there and not locally. So the best thing for you to do is to follow your local Masjid or scholars you trust from your country. Follow their calendar to establish when the day of Arafah is. If it is tomorrow then do it tomorrow. Allah knows your intentions and will reward you accordingly inshallah. Please mention me in your duas.

Endymion
11-07-2011, 05:31 PM
:wa:

Jazakallahu Khyran,this is exactly what the sheikh said here.

Q)Ive read in your fatwas, this will mean for non-pilgrims the 9th day for fasting is different for those following the regional opinion of eid ul adha to the 9th day in saudi arabia e.g. yoour 9th day for fasting in the uk may be when it is the 10th day of eid in saudi.
Ok that i understand. The bit I'm not sure about is:
I've read in a book, that you should do duaas on the day of arafat 9th day, just like the pilgrims are doing, its good day for duas even for non pigrims to be done simultaneously. This can easily be done if you are following the opinion there is one eid for all, since your 9th day will match.
However, how can the above be done if you are following the regional opinion, since the 9th day may differentiate, e.g. you will end up doing duas on different 9th day to saudi, hence you will not be doing it simultaneously when the pigrims are doing it?
e.g. lets say its 9th day of arafat in saudi, but in the uk, you are following regional opinion and for you its the 8th day, do you start doing the duaas in order to do them simultaneously on the same day with the pigrims even though its the 8th day for you in the uk? (or do you wait till its your 9th day), in which case it will not be simultaneous because the uk's 9th day with be the 10th day in saudi?.

A)Praise be to Allaah.

The day of ‘Arafah and the fast thereon is the ninth day of the month of Dhu’l-Hijjah, which is defined for each country according to their sighting of the new moon of Dhu’l-Hijjah. So it may be on Thursday for the people of Makkah, and for others it may be on Wednesday or Saturday. It is not essential to follow the people of Makkah when there are differences in the sighting of the new moon. This is the most correct of the scholarly views, that each country has its own sighting when there is a difference concerning that.

If the Muslims in Britain have sighted the new moon, then the Muslims in that country should follow their sighting, otherwise they should follow the sighting of the country closest to them. See the answer to question no. 40720.

Secondly:

There is a great deal of virtue in offering supplication (du‘aa’) on the day of ‘Arafah, because of the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The best of supplication is supplication of the day of Arafat, and the best of what I and the Prophets before me said is: Laa ilaaha illa Allah wahdahu, laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god but Allah alone, with no partner or associate; His is the Dominion, to Him be praise, and He has power over all things).”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (3585) and classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1536.

Does this virtue apply only to those who are in ‘Arafat, or does it include other places too?

Concerning that there is a difference of opinion among the scholars, which has been discussed previously in the answer to question no. 70782

According to the opinion that it includes other countries and places too, the same may be said concerning it as is said above. So each person should offer supplication on the ninth day of Dhu’l-Hijjah, according to the sighting of the new moon in his country, even if the pilgrims stood in ‘Arafat on the previous day or will do so on the following day.

And Allah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Alhamdulillah,i did'nt miss that day :statisfie

May Allah SWT bless you with what pleases you and which is best for your Dunyah and Aakhirah.Amen.

islamica
11-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Jazakallahu Khair for sharing that. I had read else where what I stated, that being that Arafah is a place, a location and day of Arafah is then the Hajjuj stand on that location. I guess either way is acceptable.

Hamza Asadullah
11-08-2011, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
Jazakallahu Khair for sharing that. I had read else where what I stated, that being that Arafah is a place, a location and day of Arafah is then the Hajjuj stand on that location. I guess either way is acceptable.
Asalaamu alaikum. The Islamic calender is set first and foremost by local moon sightings over anything else as that is the Sunnah. If the moon is not sighted locally then a country may rely on nearest Muslim country or Saudi etc depending on their methodology. So your understanding of it was not correct and you should always use referancing before making such statements otherwise we may mislead others with false information.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Endymion
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
What Islamica said,also touched my heart and from next year,i'll fast according to both my country and Saudi Arabia because the day of Arafah actually happen there but in general,i'll go with respected Sheikh's advice because this is what Imam-e-Kaba said in his speech of Hajj this year.He said one should not ask people about Islamic teaching but to take advice from learned people.

islamica
11-08-2011, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu alaikum. The Islamic calender is set first and foremost by local moon sightings over anything else as that is the Sunnah. If the moon is not sighted locally then a country may rely on nearest Muslim country or Saudi etc depending on their methodology. So your understanding of it was not correct and you should always use referancing before making such statements otherwise we may mislead others with false information.

And Allah knows best in all matters
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

The scholars have also said those who have intellect to think and decipher information for themselves should go with what they see as stronger evidence regarding a matter. The hadith below is what I was referring to when talking about global taking precedence over local view.

It is also reported in an authentic hadith: Abu ‘Umayr ibn Anas reported from his paternal uncles among the Ansaar who said: "It was cloudy and we could not see the new moon of Shawwaal, so we started the day fasting, then a caravan came at the end of the day and told the Messenger [s] that they had seen the new moon of Shawwaal the day before, so he told the people to stop fasting, and they went out to pray the Eid prayer the next day."

I don't have 50 posts yet so I can' share any links but here's something ISNA finally decided to follow after looking for their own moons for so long...

Muslims in general hold two different opinions about the observance of Eid al-Adha: Some believe it should follow local lunar dates, and others that it should follow the Hajj in Mecca. The Fiqh Council, after careful study, has reached the conclusion that Eid al-Adha should follow the day of Hajj as announced in Mecca. This is also the conclusion of the European Council of Fatwa and Research. The following is a summary of a long paper on this subject; those who are interested may refer to the full text on our website.

Eid and its Connection to the Pillars of Islam: Both our Eids are closely connected to the pillars of Islam, one to fasting and the other to the pilgrimage The Hajj therefore, is more than just the 4th pillar of Islam; it is in fact a season of worship which begins in Shawwal and ends with the Wuquf of Arafah. The greatjurist Ibn Taymiyyah was of the opinion that this is perhaps why the Prophet (PBUH) proclaimed two days of festivities, one to celebrate its beginning and the other, its end. Then there is reference to the ten days of hajj both in the Qur’an as well as in the Sunnah, and to the fact that these days belong to Islam’s most sacred days. The Texts: Most of the verses and the traditions that address the ritual of Hajj also mention the festival related to it: Baqarah, 2:183-203, for instance, strongly suggests a linkage between the Hajj and the Eid; and Hajj, 28 and 36, directly addresses pilgrims and indirectly addresses all others.

Scholarly Opinion:
Ibn Taymiyyah says that the animal sacrifice at Mina applies in the first place to pilgrims and thereafter to all others.
The famous Hanbali jurist, Hafiz Ibn Rajab explains that the salat of Eid al-Adha should be performed concurrent with the rites being performed during the Hajj.
Ahmad bin Hanbal maintained that Eid al-Adha prayer should be offered during the time when pilgrims were moving from Muzdalifah to Mina.
Imam al-Bhaghawi quoting Ibn Abbas, Imam Malik and Imam Shafa’ee states that Muslims all over the globe are to follow the timings of Hujjaj vis-à-vis Takbeerat of Tashreeq; this according to Imam al-Sarkhasi was an opinion held by Abu Yusuf as well.

Conclusion

The Fiqh Council is of the opinion that in the case of Eid al-Adha global unity must prevail over local sightings or calculations. The Council does concede that no clear cut text requires Muslims worldwide to celebrate Eid al-Adha after the day of Hajj. But the evidence cited above, in the view of the Council, makes a compelling argument for connecting local Eid with global Hajj when circumstances permit. This is all the more relevant given that no Islamic text compels Muslims to use local sightings that are at odds with the
declared day of Hajj.

In addition to being the 4th ritual of Islam, Hajj is also the ultimate expression of global Muslim unity with dimensions that are both political as well as spiritual. The Fiqh Council strongly believes that this important symbol is compromised when global Islam is disunited on this auspicious day of festivity. Given the technology at our disposal today, there is no justification in Islamic law to compromise Muslim unity in deference to the traditional modes of determining local Eid celebrations.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!