/* */

PDA

View Full Version : any doctors on here?

syed1
11-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Salam,

I have a friend from childhood who seems to have some sort of mental illness:

lately me and my friend circle along with his family have been noticing some dramatic changes in his behavior..

He has become over sensitive to small things. Some of his symptoms are: overly emotional, unperdictable, sensitive, aggressive almost as if he is a loose cannon..

Yesturday, my friend was out with him and another friend and they got into a trivial altercation over an opinion. what ended up happening was my friend trying to be a better person decided it would be better to just drop him home...

on the way he tried to jump out of the car saying he doesnt want to go home but eventually once they go to his house, my friend rang the door bell to get his mom to open the door and let him in but as he did that he came from behind him and smashed a bottle over his head and was basically beating the **** out of him for no apperant reason (aside from the fact that he didnt listen and dropped him home)

his parents have been really worried about him and his behaviour lately and it seems uncontrollable... the fact that he was able to be so violent with his child hood friends clearly states that something is wrong...

one thing to note about this guy is just as recently as 2 years ago he had some sort of "divine intervention" and became very religious and everyone loved being around him as he was very interesting and just a genuinely good person.

any ways, I can't quite seem to put my finger on him so if anyone has any thoughts please share as his family is very worried.

I ask for you all to make dua for him and Inshallah allah can show him the way..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-04-2011, 11:20 PM
He seems bipolar with Underlying psychotic features that bing said NO one can give you a diagnosis over the web Since the criteria for many mental disorders overlap and are somewhat subjective.. He needs to be seen and stabilized by a psychiatrist not a psychologist .. And Allah swt knows best!

Hamza Asadullah
11-05-2011, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
Salam,

I have a friend from childhood who seems to have some sort of mental illness:

lately me and my friend circle along with his family have been noticing some dramatic changes in his behavior..

He has become over sensitive to small things. Some of his symptoms are: overly emotional, unperdictable, sensitive, aggressive almost as if he is a loose cannon..

Yesturday, my friend was out with him and another friend and they got into a trivial altercation over an opinion. what ended up happening was my friend trying to be a better person decided it would be better to just drop him home...

on the way he tried to jump out of the car saying he doesnt want to go home but eventually once they go to his house, my friend rang the door bell to get his mom to open the door and let him in but as he did that he came from behind him and smashed a bottle over his head and was basically beating the **** out of him for no apperant reason (aside from the fact that he didnt listen and dropped him home)

his parents have been really worried about him and his behaviour lately and it seems uncontrollable... the fact that he was able to be so violent with his child hood friends clearly states that something is wrong...

one thing to note about this guy is just as recently as 2 years ago he had some sort of "divine intervention" and became very religious and everyone loved being around him as he was very interesting and just a genuinely good person.

any ways, I can't quite seem to put my finger on him so if anyone has any thoughts please share as his family is very worried.

I ask for you all to make dua for him and Inshallah allah can show him the way..
:wa:

Brother ou can't get an internet medical diagnosis. If his parents have not already done so then urge them to take him to a doctor ASAP.

syed1
11-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Yeah, his parents are trying to help him and they are talking to a psychiatrist. Today we went to confront him but things got really out of hand. He seems very unstable

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-05-2011, 04:56 AM
You are never to confront an emotionally labile person especially one with paranoid tendencies .. Pls leave this to a professional .. He needs professional help and mood stabilizers neither are things you or his parents can provide!

:w:

Hamza Asadullah
11-05-2011, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
Yeah, his parents are trying to help him and they are talking to a psychiatrist. Today we went to confront him but things got really out of hand. He seems very unstable
It may also be a good idea to get a reliable and experienced Raqi (exorcist) to visit him just to make sure there are no effects of sihr (black magic) on him. Just to rule it out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!